5.8

1. DeeD.
    Feb 15, 2007
    I love this movie ! It was great and very touching. Keep up the GREAT WORK Tyler! Love ya much! God Bless.
    Feb 14, 2007
    A romantic gem. One of the best african american comedy-romances of all time.
  3. LakishaD.
    Feb 15, 2007
    I enjoyed everything about this movie. It's teaches us to humble ourselves in any situation that pertains to everyday life. Every movie Tyler directs, or acts in are always real issue and are benefical. Keep up the good work and continue seeking God's face for more wisdom to reach the African American communites. This movie demostrates their are descent black men who take care I enjoyed everything about this movie. It's teaches us to humble ourselves in any situation that pertains to everyday life. Every movie Tyler directs, or acts in are always real issue and are benefical. Keep up the good work and continue seeking God's face for more wisdom to reach the African American communites. This movie demostrates their are descent black men who take care of their children inspite of the "baby mama drama". I love you Tyler. Expand
  4. Jul 9, 2012
    Give credit to Tyler Perry for not glamorizing drug dealing, criminal activities, selfish actions and the like. Tyler Perry advocates practical Christian and family values, and it ends up making a masterpiece! I love this movie as well as every other Tyler Perry films! Of course as expected critics underestimate ANOTHER great movie by Tyler Perry. Of course people will rate this movie lowGive credit to Tyler Perry for not glamorizing drug dealing, criminal activities, selfish actions and the like. Tyler Perry advocates practical Christian and family values, and it ends up making a masterpiece! I love this movie as well as every other Tyler Perry films! Of course as expected critics underestimate ANOTHER great movie by Tyler Perry. Of course people will rate this movie low because they're JEALOUS that Tyler Perry is so wealthy and succesfull! Remember jealousy is a sin!!!... Expand

1. Daddy's Little Girls may be heavy-handed and drearily predictable, but it also should connect with its core audience as solidly as Perry's previous efforts did, even if the drama is frequently just as over the top as its predecessors.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Chockfull of cathartic moments, Perry's storytelling is best when it defies convention. Like the black man's Frank Capra, Perry tells stories in which every conflict is a test of faith and every victory a testament to the American underdog. Instead of following the proven formulas of screenwriting books, he earnestly shepherds his own messy structure.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    More surprising is Perry's inability to write back-and-forth dialogue with any real wit or verve. He is at his best when writing speeches, and some of the film's best moments come when Union is given snappy monologues on the state of contemporary relationships and African American maleness.