7.1

1. G.Palamino
    Sep 23, 2005
    A fun film! And great music.
  2. PaulY.
    Feb 13, 2006
    Very sweet and quirky little gem with some great performances. Good script with some great language. Worth seeking out.
  3. RickR.
    Mar 4, 2006
    Okay, I'll admit this movie is flawed, sometimes the acting doesn't work. But it also contains some of the most emotionally wrenching and satisfying moments in the mamy films I have seen in the last few months. The portrait of growing up obsessed with books in a rural area was so dead on that it brought up several images from my own childhood that I thought no one else had ever Okay, I'll admit this movie is flawed, sometimes the acting doesn't work. But it also contains some of the most emotionally wrenching and satisfying moments in the mamy films I have seen in the last few months. The portrait of growing up obsessed with books in a rural area was so dead on that it brought up several images from my own childhood that I thought no one else had ever experienced. I also suspect that this is a film that works much better at home where its easier to ignore parts that don't work. I've recommended this movie to several customers whom I knew to have eclectic tastes. All have quite liked it. Expand
  4. NancyF.
    Mar 17, 2007
    I really enjoyed the movie. I am from a town in Tennessee just south of where it was taped. It is a good change from all the gangster shooting movies. Daltry was taught a life lesson that we all can learn from. We have not just our feelings to consider but others as well.
  5. TorjusR.
    Apr 21, 2007
    This movie blew my mind. Best movie ever! You will cry, you will laugh and you will get a new perspective on life..

1. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Traub does her plucky best, coming off as part Judy Blume heroine, part post-WB hipster, and she provides the film with its few and infrequent moments of emotional truth.
    In the parlance of "The Player," Katrina Holden Bronson's Daltry Calhoun would be pitched as "Because of Winn-Dixie" meets "Napoleon Dynamite," and that is definitely not a good thing.
  3. Aims for whimsy and poignancy and mostly comes up empty.