8.8

1. Dec 20, 2010
    Dancer in the Dark is one of my favourite films ever. I cannot help but cry every time I watch it. The excellent performance by Bjork (surprisingly excellent, might I add) and the genius direction of Lars von Trier work perfectly to make one of the best films that have graced the film screen. Intensely disturbing, yet intensely gratifying and rewarding.
  2. Dec 25, 2010
    If you think all this movie has is depression and really nothing else, I think you don't even have emotion. You can see the cast and director put so much of feelings and effort into the film. The film is equal to humanity. The themes of the story are love, compassion, greed and ignorance, and what else the human mind works. Lead actress Bjork acts and sings so impressively, the director chose the right actress to star and the correct composer who was Bjork. Sad film but many lessons learned from it indeed. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    This movie is utterly depressing, but you can't help feeling its wonder of the musical. It's very inventive and compelling. Yet, the story is making us frustrated. It is very unique in its own way. See it, and i dare you not to cry at the end!
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    Emotive and artistic. This is a Master piece, i dare to say it's the best film Von Trier has ever made.
    Björk becomes in a lovely mother that wants the best for his son... but we're not used to watch sad movies, may tear your heart appart.
  5. May 31, 2014
    Dancer in the dark is a fantastic and touching musical drama with stunning interpretation of Bjork. I would love see her in another movie because she was simply perfect.

Easily the year's most trying, tormented, and thrilling movie ordeal.
    It is a bold, reckless gesture.
    I was astonished to find myself weeping copiously over von Trier's latest, which is another parable of monomaniacal sainthood.