• Studio:
  • Release Date: Dec 18, 2013
9.8

1. Dec 22, 2013
    A miraculous film. Warner De Santis, a NASA scientist frustrated with his search for spiritual meaning in distant space, finds the meaning of Life in the ordinary world around him in a magical spot in the California desert. This character pushes too much, listens too little, and takes everything literally. Yet, in his comically stressful style, he finds his way to enlightenment. The film is full of humour and luscious empty space. The acting of Dominique De Fazio is mesmerising you cannot stop watching. In a time when so many films flash us with special effects and violence to get our attention, this film places us somewhere clean and open and miraculous. Collapse
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Totally attracted by the incredible and exemplary system of work and study that emerges at every moment of this Work of Art in favor of the Natural Beauty of life I am convinced will be able to involve the world stage so dominated and suffocated by an hostile market to sacredness of life .
    What a relief I naturally say, Finally! "
    For years and years, it really is not uncommon to feel beaten, adrenaline sleeping …................
    Of course this is my School the only real chance for each Artistic suction to reconstruct a world dominated by Devastating Effects too often with the sole aim of enriching the portfolio not at all interested in the consequences young people above all, they are living .
    "Dancing on a dry salt lake encapsulates the responses and promotes the need to ask all the questions most important to the discovery of one's Meaning of Life the weight and or the relief that comes from consciousness the way to can learn from ourselves in the best way .
    ___________
    I feel the need to thank Dominique De Fazio the whole cast for this Human Masterpiece by 110 Oscar Awards, while imagining that in this era of Poor Reality Art perhaps, the Oscar, it will not be a prize for "Dancing on a dry salt lake "but I hope, strongly otherwise I hope the Miracle ..
    Since the beginning of the film I was captured by the incredible natural rhythm the tangible spontaneity of Performers the very careful choice of the Director of creating the set, the Stage of Life.
    A true message of salvation for the whole of humanity where the special effects natural constantly present no actor knows what's going to happen so as in real life are able to offer a passport for the Beauty of life so as to be fully in good or bad times selfishness or generosity ..........................................
    I wish you all the vision of Dancing on a dry salt lake to feel guided enlightened by this small large, journej our journey .
    ___________________________

Ps xcuse my not good English
    ________________
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    This film has moved me very much. It is one of these rare movies that is not only for entertainment while watching it. No, it remained with me for many days. I cannot put in words what exactly has touched me so much but my heart and my soul were nourished by this film.
  4. Jan 10, 2014
    This movie combines a spiritually rooted story about life with a light, life affirming humour. It offers audio-visual beauty, wonderful music, masterful editing. It is an unusual film, that welcomes everyone who watches it into a unique experience.
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    “Dancing on a Dry Salt Lake” what a interesting title for a story already shifts the public to different place from which to watch this movie. A film full of poetry and truth, laced with humor and diffuse with beauty. The music of R. Carlos Nakai makes present the indescribable.

The story, though apparently simple, is impressively structured. The acting is as clean and pure as the
    landscape and puts an uncommon light on simple human moments.

Writer/Director Dominique De Fazio gives to this project sounds, pacing, and rhythms that keep us glued to the what is about to happen next. “How can we hear, what the universe wants to say, if we are only listening for what we want to know?” is what the character Warner says in the film. This film is for those who wish to follow the journey of one who ponders that question. And, this film has stayed in my heart long after leaving the movie theatre.

Lukas Scheja
    Hamburg, Germany
  6. Jan 7, 2014
    A film which combines real movie making art from the deepest heart (now I know again why art is useful special this movie) and the meaning for live where everybody is looking for.
    To see the movie is an event. The wonderful landscape and the acting is grandiose. I see humans.
    What a luck to see such a movie. This movie is an change in film history.
  7. Jan 8, 2014
    This movie is not just a movie, it is story telling par excellence.
    I've read the screenplay and was in shock how careful and perfect words can be picked and what every single line was able to evoke in my mind and also sensually.
    I've seen the movie several times and will never ever get tired of watching it. Every time seeing it the different layers of the story bring me to different
    places and let me notice different things not only about the movie itself about my own life, my longings, dreams and believes. Where ever I stand at the moment, this movie has to tell me something. (Sounds weirded? Yes, maybe. And: this is my experience!)
    Can't wait for the directors DVD set to come out to finally see the deleted scenes and subplots.
    If you are interested in life, the nature of human beings, quantum physics, philosophy, religion, and the big questions in life, this movie is definitely a must see and you will personally benefit from entering its world.
  8. Jan 8, 2014
    A wonderful poetic movie! This movie is really special.
    It's beauty and its humor is so touching. And its humanity is outstanding.
    You should definitively watch this movie!
  9. Jan 11, 2014
    A movie that reminds me how honorable is to stand in front of each human being. Each is a companion that if you know how to listen with an open heart allows us to live with lighting.
  10. Jan 11, 2014
    wonderful film about the spiritual journey ... that touches your heart and soul. A piece of art that captures the audience and maybe gives you a feeling to rethink your own life
  11. Jan 20, 2014
    Spiritual journeys, like dreams or creative endeavors—painting, writing, moviemaking itself—
    are not easy to portray convincingly on the screen, because they are by nature interior experiences; yet in Dancing on a Dry Salt Lake Dominique de Fazio has done a remarkable job of bringing us inside the head, and heart, of Warner De Santis, a NASA cosmologist who after a car accident becomes
    “shipwrecked” in the Mojave Desert. This vast, apparently empty, and windswept place, which at first seems bleak and forbidding, slowly begins to reveal its rich complexity to De Santis and to the viewer. We are equally compelled by the the landscape itself, with its secret spirituality, captivating light, and haunting sky, as by the people who have landed in the hardscrabble town of Trona, California. Here De Santis falls into stories within stories as he finds himself drawn into staging musical in a threadbare roadside café with a handful of local people as actors. Alternately sad and comedic, logical and absurd, Dancing on a Dry Salt Lake features an array of supporting performances that are so natural that they stay with you long after the movie has ended. This is a movie for anyone who is a seeker, or who responds to gifted acting, or who can feel wonder at the mystery of human quest, and connection. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Ernest Hardy
    Dec 19, 2013
    The cast (which includes familiar character actors like Nicolas Coster and David Leisure) is wildly uneven, talent-wise, and there's a stiltedness to the film's earnestness, but its sincerity is palpable.
  2. Reviewed by: Inkoo Kang
    Dec 18, 2013
    The film's lack of momentum makes the pace stultifyingly slow, but it's the script's reliance on the musty Wise Indian trope that makes "Dancing" dead on arrival.