8.2

1. Marc-o
    Oct 28, 2003
    Great!! Typical James Ellroy story and a star turn from Kurt Russell who hits home a powerful performance. See it.
  2. AnnaS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    Dark blue is one of the best movie films I really want to definitly see.The story is a lot cooler and it's very similar to the 1997 anime hit movie, perfect blue. So this would be a better motion picture with daniel goddard and jackson raine, and maybe if satoshi kon would team up with time warner bros,dark blue will be the no.1 movie in america!!
  3. Lecritical
    Jul 4, 2003
    A good movie about bad cops. Kurt Russell's best movie to date.

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    In the end, the problem with movies like Dark Blue is that they willfully ignore the systemic, historical, cultural, and class causes of racism in favor of pinning it all on a few bad apples. Sure, that's entertainment. It's also a lie.
    My own view is that, like me, the LAPD was defeated by the movie's incestuously proliferating plots. I've seen Dark Blue twice, and I still don't have a handle on all its comings and goings.
  3. Sensitively directed by Ron Shelton and helped by what just might be the best performance of Kurt Russell's career, Dark Blue is as interesting and successful as it can be within its limits, but those limits make this a more generic film than its makers intended.