5.7

1. Mar 11, 2014
    i give my rating a 9 here's why . tim burton is a creative director others might think tim burton lost his mind . jhonny depp is a vampire who has been buried over 200 years and finds himself in 1972 and renuites with his family to break the curse also to fight the witch ( eva green ) . i love this film and i love tim burton's films and the fact that he put a vampire in 1972 which it is awsome . Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2013
    It's one of Tim's and Depp's best picture. I really liked it, and it's one of my favourite comedies. Do not miss it guys!!! And first of all: Do not hear to anyone who says that it's a bad and horrible picture!! It's a masterpiece!!!
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    Just loved this movie. I can't compare with the series because I have not seen. More good partnership between Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, because there could be no better actor to play Barnabas Collins, he was so romantic and seductive as a real leech (which is their nature) and defender of his family, Michelle Pfeiffer, brilliantly played the matriarch of the Collins Chloë Moretz, an actress in the ascendant.
    But my focus is on the actress Eva Green as Angelique Bouchard, I can not imagine another actress to play this villain, she did everything to win the heart of Barnabas, and most (if not all ...) of the scenes between this and Johnny Depp were to take off his hat, demonic sex scene (oh my God!), Bella Heathcote already has attracted attention due to double interpretation (Victoria Winters and Josette Dupres) and romantic symbolism carried by interpreting Victoria because Barnabas was completely glaze it for this is a reincarnation of Josette, his great love, not to mention that Johnny Depp and Bella Heathcote made it through to the public "an empathy" between the two, something that some players do not. After all this praise, we can not forget the rest of the cast: Jonny Lee Miller (Roger Collins), Jackie Earle Haley (Willie Loomis), Gully McGrath (David Collins) and wife most excellent Mr. Burton, Helena Bonham Carter (Dr. Julia Hoffman) who took a nice bite on the neck, were all excellent, an all-star cast.
    Scenarios excellent, wonderful mixtures of colors, some critics say the film could have unfolded differently, but all movies are alternatives. Special attention to the soundtrack, because this was handpicked from Alice Cooper, Barry White, T. Rex, The Moody Blues, The Killers with cover Go All The Way of the Raspberries, without forget the great composer Danny Elfman.
  4. Jun 3, 2012
    this movie i watched it i loved it so funny johnny depp should make more funny roles he got good potential in comedy i laugh entire way it best movie i watch....
  5. May 29, 2012
    I'm surprised that this movie hasn't gotten better reviews. I wasn't expecting much but was very entertained throughout the whole movie. I especially liked all the bright colors/visuals. It was pure entertainment.
  6. May 20, 2012
    Loved it. I also love the original series., and the '91 revival series. I thought this was a fresh re-telling of the franchise and I enjoyed Depp's portrayal of Barnabas...
  7. May 20, 2012
    I have to precede by saying that I'm a longtime fan of the original series, the movies and the revival. I found this movie to be a wonderful pastiche of old-time horror, melodrama, and gothic romance mixed with comedic moments. At times that combination was a little off balance, but overall it worked for me. Some of it was rushed because of the dense storyline. It would have been better broken into a trilogy to get the whole story in there, but it's too late now. However I hear there's about another hour of material that was cut from the theatrical release. Hopefully they will restore that on a Director's Cut DVD/blu-ray. Also, the release date was an absolutely horrible choice. And WB's mktg. dept. needs to rethink their strategies big time. This was a fun, homage and reimaging of the original. Just watching Johnny Depps' Barnabas is worth the price of the ticket. He's amazing!! Good fun!!! Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    A fun movie but at the same time dramatic and a little horror. Excellent scenery, even the special effects,an amazing make up, as always, a truly stellar cast and a storyline particularly full of vampires, witches, curses and mysteries to solve.
  9. May 14, 2012
    It was great in my opinion. However I had one problem with the film and that was the things Depp normally comes out, which which can easily confuse young people, and the actors seem to mumble on occasion, making it hard to understand. Other than that it was a good film, and if you haven't already seen the film, expect many hidden suprise's...
  10. May 14, 2012
    I like it. Very good movie. One of best Burton's movies. The story is gorgeous. very good cast, Depp is famous, this role (Barnabas Collins) is really for him
  11. May 12, 2012
    Long time fan of the original series and loved the new movie. There are even lines lifted direct from Jonathan Frid's portrayal of Barnabas. Wonderful mash up of old and new!
  12. May 12, 2012
    True to the original material in many ways. New and different in ways that do not detract. I thought the soundtrack was great. One of Elfmans best in fact. The look of the movie is appropriately dark and shadowy. Well done. FUN!
  13. May 11, 2012
    Witty and well crafted with an ingenious interwoven plot as it is not quite a horror film, not quite a romance film while being comedic and seemingly resolute in purpose. Johnny Depp is absolutely amusing and thoroughly entertaining as he tries to apply old world logic to the culture and attitudes of 1972. A bit of a new twist on an old style for Tim Burton. Not to be missed!

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 18, 2012
    Along with Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson, Burton is one of the few magi who know what can be dredged up, even now, from the cauldron of special effects. [21 May 2012, p.80]
    The screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith is witless and meandering, though the witlessness wouldn't matter so much if it moved, or the meandering if it were droll.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 11, 2012
    The film is best when it focuses on Barnabas's culture shocks in this brave new world. Depp has fun with the character's bafflements without camping it up. What's missing overall is the sense of fun Burton once evinced in films like "Beetlejuice."