3.8

1. May 5, 2012
    Great and realistic shots of sharks, but the movie is amiss because it fails to create the suspense it should have. I don't think the script was strong enough, or was it the direction that failed to capture the thrill it should have, hard to pick. The cast was certainly good enough and the shooting of the sharks was so good I doubt anyone can complain about that. We can see how fake theGreat and realistic shots of sharks, but the movie is amiss because it fails to create the suspense it should have. I don't think the script was strong enough, or was it the direction that failed to capture the thrill it should have, hard to pick. The cast was certainly good enough and the shooting of the sharks was so good I doubt anyone can complain about that. We can see how fake the famous 'Jaws' sharks were when we see this movie, however the suspense of the Spielberg flick was unmistakable, whereas there is virtually no suspense here. The musical score of Jaws played a big part in the suspense building while the score of this movies just does not work for me, and I mean not one bit.

I was impressed with the camera work underwater; it is as close to documentary movies on the subject of swimming with great white sharks as I've seen. However, it is not a documentary and as a thriller action movie it deserves the poor all around ratings I've noted at the various sources I usually check. To make my point: There is a scene almost midway, perhaps a little earlier, when a trio of young guys go diving at night and appear to be killed one by one by what we can only presume are sharks; that scene is completely unrelated to the rest of the movie, it comes out of nowhere and leads to the same place. We never see the shark(s). This was amateurish stuff and is a clue to what the rest of the movie had in store. I was disappointed that the movie wasted talent like Halle Bery, Olivier Martinez and Ralph Brown; they deserved better and I'll do my best to forget they were in this movie.
  2. Sep 21, 2013
    horrible, awful, i hate it, i never have seen a movie like this, bad, bad, bad guakala but the only thing good is effects but no more awful
    but i dont hate halle berry
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    The only reason I watched this movie the whole way though was in anticipation of the action I was promised. The underwater photography was average but this was all that delivered. Overall the new Smurfs movie was more of a thriller

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Mar 31, 2012
    It's a murky sea that surrounds Dark Tide. A soap opera with shark attacks, picture contains a few alarming sequences but loses its grip on its material -- and the viewer -- in a swirling vortex of visual confusion.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Mar 29, 2012
    Dark Tide, directed with hopelessly flagging energy by John Stockwell, barely musters up enough interest to be thuddingly bad.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Mar 29, 2012
    Long before it ends Dark Tide capsizes and sinks with a sickening glug.