Darkness Falls

2.9

1. AnnetteS.
    Jun 7, 2003
    Someone told me this was better than The Ring. It was terrible.
  2. MaryH.
    Mar 3, 2003
    I'm now dumber for watching such filth.
  3. YiYan
    May 29, 2003
    It's okay, not too bad. remember, it's a horror! when has horrors never been good?
  4. JasonZ.
    May 1, 2003
    C'mon. It wasn't THAT bad. Again, consider the genre. Horror has become synonomous with "bad movie" by critics everywhere, but horror films are meant to be outside the cinematic norm. Recent films like The Ring, Signs, Sixth Sense, etc. have taken over the public's expectations of what a horror film should be. News flash: the above films are not HORROR FILMS! They are C'mon. It wasn't THAT bad. Again, consider the genre. Horror has become synonomous with "bad movie" by critics everywhere, but horror films are meant to be outside the cinematic norm. Recent films like The Ring, Signs, Sixth Sense, etc. have taken over the public's expectations of what a horror film should be. News flash: the above films are not HORROR FILMS! They are complex, psychological thrillers that have elements of the supernatural and (at times) seek to scare. The horror genre is full of badly acted, poorly written, and devoid of plot movies. This movie entertained me for what it was. Do bad movies make me dumb? No. This is mindless fun based on the toothfairy Urban Legend. If you liked The Candyman, you will probably enjoy Darkness Falls. Expand
  5. AndyC.
    Mar 3, 2003
    Wow. this story, like another horrible "movie"... COUGH! Jeepers Creepers! COUGH!...was COMPLETELY devoid of any real thought! My LORD how could anyone possibly tell someone else that this movie was scary ( Yes, someone told me this was the scariest movie he had EVER seen)? The plot: made no sense. The actors: horrible horrible and horrible! The bad guy: well, I don't really enjoy a Wow. this story, like another horrible "movie"... COUGH! Jeepers Creepers! COUGH!...was COMPLETELY devoid of any real thought! My LORD how could anyone possibly tell someone else that this movie was scary ( Yes, someone told me this was the scariest movie he had EVER seen)? The plot: made no sense. The actors: horrible horrible and horrible! The bad guy: well, I don't really enjoy a character made entirely by computer animation and has the ability to make moaning sounds by old women. Expand
    Sep 26, 2003
    This movie was pretty stupid. I was told by someone that it was the scariest movie they had ever seen, I watched it alone at night and only jumped once. What's more terrible acting, storyline, etc, etc. But it was okay, just for something to watch.
  7. BigK.
    Dec 20, 2005
    A truly dreadful, poorly thought out film with dreadful acting. Avoid.
  8. NathanS.
    Jun 2, 2005
    Sad, pathetic, unentertaining. If they cut this down to oh, about the first 10 minutes I might be able to give it a better score, but the stupid premise, the abundance of cliche after cliche, and the bad overall work made me turn this film off.
  9. NickB
    Jun 3, 2005
    Easily the worst horror flick I've ever been too, and I've seen a lot. I'd rather watch a marathon of old Italian slasher zombie flicks than be subjected to this one again. Continues to prove that the heyday of horror was in the 80's. I'd suggest seeing Jeepers Creepers or something else (seriously!) long before ever picking this lousy demonic tooth fairy tale up.
  10. PhillipK.
    Apr 23, 2003
    [***POTENTIAL SPOILERS***] A perfect example of how the horror genre (unfortunately) makes up for probably 90% of all the worst movies ever made. It was SO f***ing stupid. The tooth fairy is a not-at-all scary burned-face old lady in a black robe (looking too much like the scepter from Scream) and can only get you in the dark... SO, conveniently, the whole town has a blackout. But in THIS[***POTENTIAL SPOILERS***] A perfect example of how the horror genre (unfortunately) makes up for probably 90% of all the worst movies ever made. It was SO f***ing stupid. The tooth fairy is a not-at-all scary burned-face old lady in a black robe (looking too much like the scepter from Scream) and can only get you in the dark... SO, conveniently, the whole town has a blackout. But in THIS town, the lighthouse has a gas-powered generator but the HOSPITAL doesn't -- somehow, in an escape scene from the hospital, the victims' concern is that there's only 2 minutes left of emergency lighting. Okay then.... And in one scene a guy crashes his truck through a glass lobby (a la T2), I guess to rescue some people, but there was no reason for it. They were right there at the door and could have just opened the frikkin' doors and walked out to the truck if he'd just parked it. But the jackass director with a mind of a 13-yr old must have decided it would look cooooooool. And this fairy is supposed to be a ghost -- bullets pass right through her, but later she can be punched in the face and burned too. Editing was a jarring mess too. No continuity from scene to scene. I could go on forever about all the little stupid and ridiculous moments, but it doesn't deserve my further attention...Worth mentioning, though, that this screenplay took THREE knuckleheads to write it. Idiots! The entertainment business is putting way too much money into the hands of puerile nincompoops. Oh, and don't waste time with the deleted scenes. They're video dailies with SMPTE coding and other timestamps whirring away, and all but one are just tiny blips of useless dialog... Expand
  11. ScottM.
    May 26, 2003
    This film was sh.t.
  12. GuyfromMovie
    Jun 2, 2003
    Scott M. Does not know much about movies. This one was great. WONDERFUL!!!!
  13. JugsterJam
    Jun 8, 2003
    Darkness falls is based on the background of an 1800 ish tale. The effects both special and sound work to create horror environment. The performace displayed by the characters works well. The movie moves fast from places and doesnt feel short because its only 85 minutes. The concept of the horror or evil is new to many horror film fans. Start-to-end it makes good on its promise.
  14. KatieP.
    Jul 5, 2003
    A pretty good movie. As if people don't EXPECT horror films to be predictable and unrealistic (there has NEVER been a horror film put out that wasn't completely unrealistic). Anyway.. the first 10 minutes were scary as hell, but it died down after that. Don't watch a horror movie and expect it to be about real life.
  15. KrIsTeN
    Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah the first ten minutes will scare da crap outta you and the rest is a little bit boring but still there are some scenes that will make you jump.
  16. KelliM.
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this movie. It's a good horror film.
  17. STRoNGeNouF
    Jul 22, 2003
    ThiS is The BeST SCaRy MoVie i'Ve SeeN YeT..i MeaN CoMMoN' iT HaS eFfeCTs..SouNDs..aNd iTs JuMPy..i eVeN SPaT ouT SoDa oN My FRieND.. i KnOw SCaRy MoViEs..aNd So FaR ThIs OneS The BeST..;D`
  18. SaerA.
    Mar 23, 2004
    Darkness Falls is a fun filled joy ride.I really liked it. It was really scary in the beginning.
  19. Feb 2, 2011
    At the beginning, it was a fantastic horror movie, and scared the **** out of me when I only saw the first 1/3rd or 1/2 on HBO. For that I give it a 6. But when I saw the whole movie, all my fears were gone, because the 2nd half of the move was HORRIBLE, and it had a simply atrocious ending. Its as if the script writer was on a role, then decided to let his dog write the ending of the movie.
  20. Aug 2, 2012
    I had more laughs than scares while watching this. The acting was a hilarious and the plot not thought out at all, like they were desperate to just make a movie. The "demon" chasing them was quite amusing as well; the way it was set up was very unbelievable. The appearances she made were totally random and put whenever the movie seemed too "dull" for the director. It was either a greatI had more laughs than scares while watching this. The acting was a hilarious and the plot not thought out at all, like they were desperate to just make a movie. The "demon" chasing them was quite amusing as well; the way it was set up was very unbelievable. The appearances she made were totally random and put whenever the movie seemed too "dull" for the director. It was either a great comedy or a horrible horror film. Expand
  21. Aug 6, 2013
    Probably one of the dumbest "horror" movies I've ever watched. I was pretty much laughing the entire time. Oh, and it didn't make any sense whatsoever.
  22. Apr 8, 2014
    Ach ja… “Der Fluch von Darkness Falls”…seufz.

Vielleicht der schlechteste Film der letzten Zeit aus meinem Lovefilm-Abo. Viel kann ich nicht dazu schreiben, denn es gibt auch kaum was zu sagen. Ausser: der 10jährige Kyle trifft auf die bitterböse Zahnfee, die seine Mutter umbringt (aus Gründen, die ich immer noch nicht so ganz verstanden habe, aber egal). 12 Jahre später - in
    Ach ja… “Der Fluch von Darkness Falls”…seufz.

Vielleicht der schlechteste Film der letzten Zeit aus meinem Lovefilm-Abo.
    Viel kann ich nicht dazu schreiben, denn es gibt auch kaum was zu sagen.

12 Jahre später - in Worten: ZWÖLF Jahre später - ist Kyle also 22 Jahre alt… und hier muss ich auch schon schließen, denn das KOMPLETTE Personal ist definitiv falsch besetzt.

Der “22jährige Kyle”, Chaney Kley, war während dem Dreh schon 31 Jahre alt - sieht im Film aus wie 35. (siehe Bild)

Das gilt für sämtliche Rollen. Das Alter, das sie haben sollten, passt in keinem Fall.

Die Zahnfee an sich ist nicht nur einfallslos animiert (und mit nervigen Asthma-Tönchen akustisch unterlegt), sondern auch ziemlich tollpatschig.

“Wir brauchen mehr Licht” - “Ihr müsst im Licht bleiben!” - “Sie mag kein Licht” - “Licht!” … das ist eigentlich auch schon Hauptbestandteil der Dialoge, die in keiner Sekunde witzig, originell oder gar “neu” sind.

Der einzige Satz, der mich zum Lachen brachte, und der den Drehbuchautoren und Machern zu denken geben sollte, war “Und alles wegen einem scheiß Zahn”.
    Schade um die Produktionskosten. Ich hoffe, das Catering am Set war wenigstens angemessen.

Abgedroschener Horrorschrott, den man sich sparen kann.

1. Darkness Falls -- with a thud. But it does not go gently into the night, for director Jonathan Liebesman and his large crew cram as much style and energy as they can into a hokey and morbid supernatural thriller plot. It's a downer to see so much effort expended on such junk.
  2. A truly awful and extremely loud scareflick.
  3. Isn't satisfying or surprising. It doesn't even make sense from scene to scene.