5.8

1. Aug 16, 2010
    For a comedy with two very talented leads and several very good supporting actors, "Date Night" was incredibly unfunny and severely disappointing. I was saddened at the stupidity of this movie's jokes and the mediocre way it developed the film's recurring gags. Carell and Fey both need to rebound.
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    Date Night is a stupidity movie with randomly unfunny scenes. Carell and Fey weren't that funny in the movie. The lines and the script were pretty dull and not quite chuckle. I wasn't even laughing in the theater,when I saw some audiences were not laughing and have awkward chuckles,but little bit people were laughing that much. If only Carell and Fey could be more funny should be doneDate Night is a stupidity movie with randomly unfunny scenes. Carell and Fey weren't that funny in the movie. The lines and the script were pretty dull and not quite chuckle. I wasn't even laughing in the theater,when I saw some audiences were not laughing and have awkward chuckles,but little bit people were laughing that much. If only Carell and Fey could be more funny should be done written perfectly on this movie,not kid-friendly dull unfunny scenes in this stupid movie. I know that I seem too harsh for a good movie on Rotten Tomatoes and to all those critics who like this,but there you'll go,Date Night I can't live without. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2010
    A Film Review By: Sam Fragoso

"Date Night" ** Steve Carrel and Tina Fey are a boring and suburban married couple in "Date Night" Review You would suspect the king and queen of comedy would produce a better movie then "Date Night" ..... but they don't. Here's the premise: a boring married couple out in the suburbs of Jersey, decide they want to go out, have a night to remember. So
    A Film Review By: Sam Fragoso

"Date Night"

Review

Here's the premise: a boring married couple out in the suburbs of Jersey, decide they want to go out, have a night to remember. So they go into the New York City to this insanely expensive restaurant. The only problem is they don't have a reservation, so what do they do? They take one, of course (cause so many people do that). Anyways they take this reservation only to find out the reservation they took belongs to this debt owing couple.

Two thugs come up and take them outside and the story goes on from there. "Date Night" delivers hardly any laughs and you would think Carrel and Fey would bring something to the table here. It's really disappointing to see these two comic wonders be stuck in such a flat and poorly written so called "comedy".

I will say though the one up side to this film are the cameos by all the different actors, it kinda reminds you of all the better films they have been in. James Franco, Mila Kunis, Ray Liotta, Mark Wahlberg and J.b. Smoove almost save the film to it's ultimate demise, but "Date Night" is slow paced, boring and extremely predictable, do yourself a favor and pass on this very mediocre movie.

Instead go out and rent "The 40 Year Old Version" (Carell) or "Mean Girls" (Fey) both infinitely better films then this one.

Cast
    Steve Carell
    Tina Fey
    Mark Wahlberg
    Common
  4. KennethA.
    May 16, 2010
    This movie was excruciatingly bad. Tina Fey and Steve Carell have been funny ... but not here (Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin, for example). This is the only movie in my life where I looked at my watch to see how much longer this dog was going to bark. James Franco and Mark Wahlberg give adequate performances.Not even they could save this mess. There were twenty seconds of This movie was excruciatingly bad. Tina Fey and Steve Carell have been funny ... but not here (Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin, for example). This is the only movie in my life where I looked at my watch to see how much longer this dog was going to bark. James Franco and Mark Wahlberg give adequate performances.Not even they could save this mess. There were twenty seconds of almost amusing outtakes at the very end as the credits mercifully rolled. Expand
  5. MitchM.
    May 5, 2010
    Love Steve & Tina long time. Went in with great expectations, full of good cheer, ready to laugh until my gut exploded. I sat there for 90 minutes, waiting waiting waiting to laugh. I think one chuckle was all that was given involuntary life. Nuff said.
  6. DebbieM.
    Jun 17, 2010
    This movie was terrible!!!! By all means, skip it and save your money! There was absolutely no plot whatsoever in this movie. It was boring, contrived and a complete waste of my time and money!!! This movie is beneath the talent of Steve Carrell who is usually very humorous. Skip this movie and don't even rent it!
  7. Chris
    Apr 11, 2010
    Seemed all over the place. Bloopers were the funniest part.
  8. PaulD
    Apr 11, 2010
    Painfully unfunny throughout.
  9. NateB.
    May 23, 2010
    I tried my best, but this movie just couldn't make me laugh. There are too many stupid recurring gags such as "Killshot!!" and watching Tina Fey run into an open cabinet that become more annoying than funny over the long run. Fey and Steve Carrell are hilarious at times, and there are great cameos by James Franco, Mark Wahlberg, and Mila Kunis, and if you're a fan of I tried my best, but this movie just couldn't make me laugh. There are too many stupid recurring gags such as "Killshot!!" and watching Tina Fey run into an open cabinet that become more annoying than funny over the long run. Fey and Steve Carrell are hilarious at times, and there are great cameos by James Franco, Mark Wahlberg, and Mila Kunis, and if you're a fan of "Goodfellas" you get to see Ray Liotta as a tough guy again, but the screenplay is just stupid most of the time and it's more of a funny premise than a funny movie over the long run. Can't recommend this movie, as funny as Carrell and Fey are when they click. Expand
  10. Apr 17, 2012
    Let's be honest this movie totally depends on its stars to provide the laughs if it wasn't for them this movie would be down there with the zeros. Carrell and Fey are the royals of comedy and have incredible chemistry in this movie and provide the majority of laughs. But unfortunately for every good laugh there is a worst off scene which totally destroys the movie, let's be straight theLet's be honest this movie totally depends on its stars to provide the laughs if it wasn't for them this movie would be down there with the zeros. Carrell and Fey are the royals of comedy and have incredible chemistry in this movie and provide the majority of laughs. But unfortunately for every good laugh there is a worst off scene which totally destroys the movie, let's be straight the whole story line is kind of stupid and the "action" is a bit too low-key. Date night could have been a fun romp between two great stars, but it totally lacks the rhythm to keep a movie of this kind going. Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2014
    Its a comedy that feels really long, yet rushed at the same time. There are funny parts, but the unfunny ones(there are quite a lot) seem to take the joy at the few chuckles this rather lame comedy has to offer.

1. These talented performers star in two of the wittiest, most sophisticated sitcoms on the air, but for this movie pairing they're stuck with an endlessly silly plot line and overblown physical mayhem that is instantly forgettable. The fact that they make it so funny nonetheless is a testament to their abilities.
  2. Reviewed by: Lael Loewenstein
    An uncommonly engaging date movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Karina Longworth
    A jumble of genres, tones, and styles, Date Night ultimately strains to be a serious movie about marriage, with one joke: that, even when surrounded by excitement, Claire and Phil revert to being dull. But in practice, their dullness is just dull.