7.5

1. PeterF.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Brilliant on just about all fronts. Easy to follow, simple with an important aim. Essential viewing.
  2. SamJ.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I saw this at the Angelika during its one-week qualifying run. Despite the rodents that were scampering around on the center rug of the underground multi-plex's Theatre #2 (subways are within a few feet of the theatres and can always be heard), I found this co French/Algerian war film as truly great.
  3. PaulK.
    Mar 28, 2007
    It takes awhile for this to get going and it reminded me quite a bit of letters from Iwo Jima...same basic set up/similar premise. The end sequence is worth it for sure. Catch it on video, at the very least.
  4. SalP.
    May 12, 2007
    Top of its kind! Very moving.
  5. ElliotZ.
    Dec 11, 2006
    I didn't know what to expect from "Days of Glory," but the end result surprised me. With the exception of some annoyingly arrogant characters, "Days of Glory" refreshes as a different take on the World War II film genre. Defeating the Nazis only serves as a backstory, for the real story focuses on the problems of inequality and the vague meanings of justice. "Days of Glory" will not I didn't know what to expect from "Days of Glory," but the end result surprised me. With the exception of some annoyingly arrogant characters, "Days of Glory" refreshes as a different take on the World War II film genre. Defeating the Nazis only serves as a backstory, for the real story focuses on the problems of inequality and the vague meanings of justice. "Days of Glory" will not appeal to everyone, but those who give this film a chance will be pleasantly surprised. Expand

1. With strong visuals and even stronger emotions, Rachid Bouchareb's Days of Glory makes a powerful war film about a particularly unique subject.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Committed performances and strong widescreen lensing carry the message with a righteous, if heavy weight.
  3. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Days of Glory is as moving as it is ingenuous, with each doomed character symbolizing a different response to the collective dilemma these men face as Arabs with divided loyalties.