Gramercy Pictures (I) | Release Date: December 29, 1995
7.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 53 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Compi24Apr 23, 2013
Challenging, affecting, and uncommonly well-performed, "Dead Man Walking" earnestly displays a worthwhile and incisive loyalty to its powerful source material.
SalmanH.Oct 15, 2005
Awesome acting...not an easy movie to watch i must say....but thats the beauty of this movie....Penn and Surandon did deserved an award.
LissaNov 24, 2006
This made me change my views on the Death Penalty. Amazing film.
MaryMar 18, 2006
Makes you think again! Made me look this up to see what others thought because it clouded what I thought I knew for sure.
MovieGuysAug 11, 2014
Dead Man Walking has great performances, relevant messages about life and controversial topics like the death penalty, and a fine story. However, the movie can be overly sentimental at times, plus it could've been cut a good 10 minutes.Dead Man Walking has great performances, relevant messages about life and controversial topics like the death penalty, and a fine story. However, the movie can be overly sentimental at times, plus it could've been cut a good 10 minutes. Nonetheless, it's worth a watch. Expand
WT_GatorAug 1, 2016
Totally absorbing, gut wrenching, confronting film. Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn completely blow the screen away. You forget you are watching a movie at all.