6.5

1. Jan 14, 2012
    Not as bad as people made it out to be. Fantastic twist at the end. Kind of scary. It will sruprise you how everything is set up. Great for watching it with the girlfriend.
  2. Oct 18, 2014
    James Wan sets up a few good scares to go along with the uneasy atmosphere here. I don't know what it is but he apparently likes using dead, creepy old ladies in his horror movies. To go along with the scary looking old lady there are plenty of unsettling ventriloquist dummies around. Both bring quite a few good scares thanks to how unpleasant they all look.

The story itself isn't too

The story itself isn't too bad. I just wish it was a little more fleshed out. The characters in the small town are quite interesting, each of them with their own unique quirks. It's a shame we get to watch them make so many dumb decisions. Overall I just wanted more from both aspects. Honestly had this have been a TV show where we could have spent more time in it's unique setting and learned more about it's characters I would have loved that. As it stands the whole thing feels like there could have been more going on. I just wish there was more to the mystery at hand.

If you're looking for some good scares then yeah you should check this out. It fails to deliver fully on it's unique story and characters, but still provides some decent frights. It might not stick with you long, but James Wan once again makes one of the better horror flicks I've watched. So if you're looking for some decent scares then pick this one up. There are plenty of creepy ventriloquist dummies and one terrifying old lady who are ready to deliver. My total score for it is a 6.5/10.
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    this movie was certainly not bad, most reviews i read said leave this movie alone, well thats just not the case, the story isn't very good but moves along nicely, as for scares well thats what this movie does well ur be behind ur pillow quite a few times. and the lighting looked quite nice in this movie, i dont normally notice but i did with this one. not as good as the first saw butthis movie was certainly not bad, most reviews i read said leave this movie alone, well thats just not the case, the story isn't very good but moves along nicely, as for scares well thats what this movie does well ur be behind ur pillow quite a few times. and the lighting looked quite nice in this movie, i dont normally notice but i did with this one. not as good as the first saw but probably better than the rest. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    It was pretty terrible. Too much like any other generic straight to dvd horror film and wasnt all that interesting and it wasnt even scary either. I was disapointed.
  5. Oct 26, 2010
    I was the type of horror movie done over and over. Where the viewer should be surprised, there is often disappointment. The main character was dull, and the plot line even more so. The ending was supposed to shock, but I just looked down and thought, "I wasted a thing of Popcorn on this?"
  6. Oct 18, 2013
    The movie had a promising start. But after that, it became boring. You a horror movie, that's boring. The atmosphere wasn't there, it wasn't scary. The twist at the end, wasn't enough to save this movie.
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    I watched this movie as an ongoing look into what the director of SAW did after his first Masterpiece Horror. If you have ever seen the chucky films like myself and laughed your ass off at them cause they were so stupid then this one might open your eyes another ways. The film follows A man who gets a puppet as a gift and it ends up killing his wife and the whole film is him trying toI watched this movie as an ongoing look into what the director of SAW did after his first Masterpiece Horror. If you have ever seen the chucky films like myself and laughed your ass off at them cause they were so stupid then this one might open your eyes another ways. The film follows A man who gets a puppet as a gift and it ends up killing his wife and the whole film is him trying to prove his innocence that he did not kill his wife along with discovering the dark secrets of the puppet and its owner. The movie is called Dead Silence as the puppet only strikes when there is total quiet, which works VERY well with the suspense of the film. Like the saw film it ties most things up at the end with a very UNEXPECTED twist.

Fans of SAW and those who want a decent version of CHUCKY should like this film

People scared of PUPPETS,CLOWNS and OLD SCARY WOMEN should lock their doors and try not to think about the movie at all
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    I do not remember liking this film the first few times I watched it but now that I've paid a little more attention to it I've thoroughly enjoyed it! Anyone who has a fear of creepy dolls will be in a living hell that's for sure as Jamie investigates his girlfriend's death and the suspicious doll that turned up when it happened. It goes at a good pace but really picks up towards the end forI do not remember liking this film the first few times I watched it but now that I've paid a little more attention to it I've thoroughly enjoyed it! Anyone who has a fear of creepy dolls will be in a living hell that's for sure as Jamie investigates his girlfriend's death and the suspicious doll that turned up when it happened. It goes at a good pace but really picks up towards the end for one hell of an ending that I can't believe I forgot :P Overall a solid Horror film worth a look! Expand
  9. Aug 27, 2014
    "Remember: whatever happens, don't scream."

I like Horror-Mystery movies..but this is..bad.I don't know but i didn't like this movie.Seriously, i can't watch this movie again, is borinnggggggg.
  10. Mar 12, 2014
    Scary! A horror movie involving PUPPETS. Almost as scary as clowns. This movie was not perfect. Certainly not flawless. But it Is scary. Maybe a little too scary. Very unique, and made in a way that will keep you watching, I can't say you won't look away I few times. Cause again it involves... ugh... "those things".
  11. Nov 8, 2014
    All of James Wan's movies have different tones, but this one was by far the strangest. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this weird horror movie. It had a couple very effective jump scares and a lot of good tension. This plot was very weird and crazy, but it was simple and interesting. The twist at the end, though, was pretty unnecessary which I didn't particularly like. I recommend this one if youAll of James Wan's movies have different tones, but this one was by far the strangest. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this weird horror movie. It had a couple very effective jump scares and a lot of good tension. This plot was very weird and crazy, but it was simple and interesting. The twist at the end, though, was pretty unnecessary which I didn't particularly like. I recommend this one if you like Wan's other films. Expand

1. Boasts nothing new under the sun, but it does provide a few decent scares.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Only those in a cold sweat for their weekly horror fix will bother with this formulaic and rather lazy exercise in booga-booga scare tactics.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Gonzalez
    A conflation of the horror genre's laziest tropes, plot angles and shorthands, this inept creation isn't so much a film as it is a smorgasbord.