6.3

1. MatthewM
    Nov 4, 2006
    It was an alright film; I think the premise outweighs the execution. I can understand if people found it uninteresting, or non earth-shattering as there was very little insight to be take from this. No, instead it's an interesting premise of wishful thinking people who rally against Bush would want to see. That's why I enjoyed it for the most part, but amazed there are so many It was an alright film; I think the premise outweighs the execution. I can understand if people found it uninteresting, or non earth-shattering as there was very little insight to be take from this. No, instead it's an interesting premise of wishful thinking people who rally against Bush would want to see. That's why I enjoyed it for the most part, but amazed there are so many people willing to give it 0-3 because it was "boring" to them; Sorry, but that just means they were convinced on not liking it before they even saw it (if they saw it) because of their political agenda. Expand
  2. Michael
    Oct 30, 2006
    A fine film that's only slightly about a Bush assassination. It's more about the nation he (and we) made. The crime's aftermath turns into a rather profound cross between "Rashomon" and 1940s film noir. It ultimately suggests that almost anyone might have had some motive, and might have shared some of the culpability.
  3. WillB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I have to say that the number of Americans, primarily, that are so DEEPLY offended by a work of FICTION involving the death of one person, who's ultimately responsible for the deaths of 10's of 1000's, is kind of puzzling. Hillary C. voices her outrage, as does the reviewer above from Ohio, (06's 'Florida' to ensure coup #2). It's a work of fiction about I have to say that the number of Americans, primarily, that are so DEEPLY offended by a work of FICTION involving the death of one person, who's ultimately responsible for the deaths of 10's of 1000's, is kind of puzzling. Hillary C. voices her outrage, as does the reviewer above from Ohio, (06's 'Florida' to ensure coup #2). It's a work of fiction about one sorry excuse of a human dying! Who cares what his position in life is!? Why does that elevate the mere premise of this event to such levels of horror and outrage? Why isn't this level of OUTRAGE being voiced at images of thousands of ACTUAL, not fictional,Soldiers, or of over 60,000 regular people like myself and this reviewer, all dying over the last 4 years for an illegal war? This movie, while giving a sobering WARNING to any wing nuts who think the death of the Puppet Boy would be a GREAT thing, doesn't strike me as some unimaginable horror, just a "What If?" piece of fiction. That the aforementioned wing nuts could use this movie to teach themselves that the alternative to Bush, an unfettered Darth Cheney, would be FAR worse, perhaps if anything, this film will actually prove to give Duh-Byuh a little more protection from the Timmothy McVeigh segment of the population. Cuz WHO isn't scared of Darth Cheney? Expand
  4. PnArdyPnArdy
    May 13, 2007
    Great documentary style movie portraying the hypothetical day of assassination of president G.W. Bush in the future. It's a movie-statement that sets new boundaries and redefines the documentary genre.
  5. MellowKitty
    Oct 23, 2006
    I thought this was both well-made and thought-provoking. At the beginning, you think that the film may turn out to be a pro-Bush, pro-Patriot Act screed. In the end, however, it raises many questions about how America is waging the so-called War on Terrorism.

Death of a President is celluloid mediocrity. It's neither interesting nor convincing.
  2. As convincing as the manipulated footage of the President's death in Chicago in October 2007 is, the movie itself cannot be more unconvincing in its approach.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Disappointingly, Death of a President shrinks from its promise as a piece of genuinely radical or adventurous speculative fiction.