Death Race

6.9

1. richards
    Jan 21, 2009
    It was a cool movie I think you should make a part 2 to this.
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    The story about a man who was framed for killing his wife isn't the most original thing in the world but it does a good job of setting the pace, if bloody adrenaline fueled action doesn't keep your attention, you may want to look elsewhere for your next movie.
  3. Mar 8, 2013
    In 2012 the US economy collapses, unemployment and crime rocket to their highest ever levels. Jensen Ames is a steelworker, his yard is being closed down and he gets a measly last pay of $300. When he return home to his wife and daughter all is normal until she is murdered by a burglar, leaving Jensen with the blame. 6 months later Jensen has been found guilty of a murder he didn't commitIn 2012 the US economy collapses, unemployment and crime rocket to their highest ever levels. Jensen Ames is a steelworker, his yard is being closed down and he gets a measly last pay of $300. When he return home to his wife and daughter all is normal until she is murdered by a burglar, leaving Jensen with the blame. 6 months later Jensen has been found guilty of a murder he didn't commit and is on his way to Terminal Island Prison. At Terminal Island people have the chance to win their freedom by competing in Death Race, Jensen becomes the new star of the competition however his rivals aren't all to keen on him taking the limelight.
    Death Race is a great dumb action film, the plot is good though you wont remember it in 2 hours. The action is bloody and satisfying, the racing is tense and the film is well edited. Wrapping it all together is a half decent story, everything you need in an action movie...oh and Jason Statham.
  4. Mar 16, 2013
    Death Race is no masterpiece but I enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of playing Carmageddon and Death Rally. The characters are well developed for an action movie and it just has a great pacing. The driving scenes were great, some of the cars looked really good and the race-track looked like something that would be used for a death rally. Recommended for anyone who thinks cars are only goodDeath Race is no masterpiece but I enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of playing Carmageddon and Death Rally. The characters are well developed for an action movie and it just has a great pacing. The driving scenes were great, some of the cars looked really good and the race-track looked like something that would be used for a death rally. Recommended for anyone who thinks cars are only good when they come with steel plated armour, machine guns and a lot of spikes. Will definitely be watching Death Race 2 and 3. Expand
  5. HasanK.
    Jan 10, 2009
    Easy watching, nice entertainments.
  6. JT
    Aug 25, 2008
    This movie was really great. i really enjoyed the action scenes. this is one of my favourite movies and i have seen ALOT of movies.
  7. MaggieC
    Aug 27, 2008
    This is the movie i've been waiting for, none stop action, guns and sassy language. The actors made their parts believeable and showed true emotion. Lately movies have been missing that edge and this movie deffinatly had edge. Best action movie out for sometime.
  8. GabrielZ
    Jan 28, 2009
    Oh please if you went into this movie expecting anything more than what it delivered you are delusional. The title is Death Race, did anyone expect deep emotional drama or in depth dialogue? I expected cars, bullets, explosions, and hot women, and that is EXACTLY what I got. LOVED IT!!!! So turn off your higher brain functions, you only need the primal ones, kick back and enjoy the ride.
  9. NickG
    Sep 22, 2009
    It wasn't anything special, but it was entertaining.I've seen far worse movies.The acting was good, the effects were good but it just lacked something in the plot that would have made it better.
  10. BarneeB
    Oct 17, 2008
    The best action movie in recent memory. Fast Cars, big guns and fancy girls. And yes it's as good as it sounds. I really enjoyed this movie from the first moment to the last. Not really a complicated story, but who cares? Pay attention at the beginning, cause the best part is probably the first five minutes with the real Frankenstein. Not saying the least of the film is not amazing. The best action movie in recent memory. Fast Cars, big guns and fancy girls. And yes it's as good as it sounds. I really enjoyed this movie from the first moment to the last. Not really a complicated story, but who cares? Pay attention at the beginning, cause the best part is probably the first five minutes with the real Frankenstein. Not saying the least of the film is not amazing. If you like true action, and the occasional nasty language doesn't bother you, go and watch it right NOW!!! Expand
  11. GeorgeM
    Dec 22, 2008
    This movie is just alot of fun despite what critics say. It's full of vehicular mayhem with a little humor and drama in for good measure. If the Shawshank Redemption, The Road Warrior, and The Running Man all got together and had a baby....Death Race would be it. Jason Statham once again proves he can mix action and drama sort of like he did with The Bank Job and still make an This movie is just alot of fun despite what critics say. It's full of vehicular mayhem with a little humor and drama in for good measure. If the Shawshank Redemption, The Road Warrior, and The Running Man all got together and had a baby....Death Race would be it. Jason Statham once again proves he can mix action and drama sort of like he did with The Bank Job and still make an entertaining movie. The vehicle action is quickly shot and VERY fast-paced kind of like the racing itself....its brutal, bloody, and unforgiving and vehicles explode, fly through the air with machine guns a blazing in a wonderul orchestra of automotive violence. im not a very big Paul W. Anderson fan....Event Horizon and now THIS stand as his best films, im actually surprised at how entertaining this was. The whole cast shines in this film, no-one comes off as annoying or underused....everyone gets the appropriate screen time and lines of dialogue to keep a proper balance given the talent here. This is just a FUN FUN movie, its heavy on action and light on being overly serious. i HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to action film fans as a BUY.....and strongly recommend it as a rental. Expand
  12. OscarR.
    Dec 27, 2008
    I thinkk it is th movie of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. BitBurn
    Dec 28, 2008
    Great action movie, love the storyline, acting was okay thanks to Jason Statham. Natalie Martinez is a babe!
  14. TaomanT
    Oct 26, 2008
    Very good effects, action scenes. The acting is either good or above average. It is never bad though. The movie is to the point. It does not waste your time, every scene has its purpose. It delivers what it promises.
  15. ChrisD.
    Aug 22, 2008
    I'll be honest... While it's not perfect by any means nor is like the original, it didn't turn out THAT bad. I actually enjoyed it.
  16. JimmyH.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Cars, exploding cars, exploding cars with guns, hot chicks and what can only be described as a doom truck. Death race is a simple, fun movie.
  17. janeD
    Mar 18, 2009
    I thought this was great. Mind you, I watched Babylon AD the week before so maybe it gained something from following that. Good pace, great fight scenes, movie well structured. Everything about the story is straight out of the action movie cliche lucky dip but who cares, it does it all really well and pulls you in. The only detraction was that some of the dialogue was a bit lame when it I thought this was great. Mind you, I watched Babylon AD the week before so maybe it gained something from following that. Good pace, great fight scenes, movie well structured. Everything about the story is straight out of the action movie cliche lucky dip but who cares, it does it all really well and pulls you in. The only detraction was that some of the dialogue was a bit lame when it was meant to be tough. Expand
  18. JimB.
    Dec 18, 2008
    Thourghly enjoyable. I have to say that this is Anderson's best movie and easily one of 2008's greatest.
  19. EhabY.
    Dec 28, 2008
    Best Movie i ever seen from awhile .. best acting and cars design .. and the more reality to the it make it the most action movie of the year
  20. MichaelS.
    Dec 29, 2008
    This movie was recommended to me by someone who has an annoying tendency to love every action movie ever made, so I wasn't really looking forward to seeing it. I was pleasantly surprised though. While it's not the greatest action movie ever made, and seems much like "The Running Man" retold, it kept my interest throughout.
  21. BenC.
    Dec 3, 2008
    As a movie about cars with machine guns and whatnot, it delivers. Why you'd go into something like this looking for a deep and engrossing plot is beyond me.
  22. TerryD.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Is it me or do the critics INSTANTLY hate a movie when Paul W.S. Anderson's name is in the directors credit? I mean, geez, every movie this guy has produced was an absolute blast - Mortal Combat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil, and Alien vs. Predator. Yeah, sure they weren't Hamlet but there are full of great fun and thrills. I'm going to see this as soon as I can - Is it me or do the critics INSTANTLY hate a movie when Paul W.S. Anderson's name is in the directors credit? I mean, geez, every movie this guy has produced was an absolute blast - Mortal Combat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil, and Alien vs. Predator. Yeah, sure they weren't Hamlet but there are full of great fun and thrills. I'm going to see this as soon as I can - the guy delivers! Expand
    Aug 24, 2008
    Its an amazing movie but i dont know about these other people and their bad comments but its so clear to me that these bad commentors dont know what an action movie is all about.
  24. AlanW.
    Sep 11, 2008
    For what it is--an action packed brainless death race--its a great movie for this class of shows. I enjoyed the ride and appreciated the simple plot and battle scenes. Go see it if you need a break from a day of stress and work.
  25. Paco
    Jan 18, 2009
    Death Race is a solid action flick. Statham plays it cool like he always does, with decent support. The action is realistic, rough and gritty. Don't expect high art, it's just fun Saturday night popcorn action the way it should be.
  26. LeoSmith
    Feb 22, 2009
    An excellent B-movie. Lots of action. Even a story-line. Well played characters, except for the Lady-in-charge. Makes you wonder if TV companies would show such an event. Not really. We know they would !
  27. Feb 29, 2012
    MOST awesome film every could get my mind of it it was in the back of my head for time and WOW its so awesome i just wanna watch it some many more time lol its like one of them film that just drive the bubbles in ur head and the speed of the car and the sexy the one with frankstan is sooooo hot.
  28. Jan 25, 2015
    Um estilo velozes e furiosos mais foda,claro com Jason Statham correndo a mil num super carro e dando super porradas num som de heavy metal. Tyrese Gibson está ótimo também com Machine-Gun-Joe. Cheio de cenas excelentes de ação,cenas arrasadoras de arrepiar e muito palavrão.
  29. Aug 4, 2013
    I really liked this movie. Good action, good actors, I liked the story (not the most original one but it works). After all, great movie. It's great watching it multiple times. Even though I know the whole movie, it's still entertaining.
  30. Jul 16, 2013
    Great movie along with great acting from Statham. Good action, the right amount of gore and a good dialogue throughout. Some very good deaths and the idea of the race itself was very clever.
  31. Aug 7, 2015
    So the good points were that the action sequences were well made, there was some good old brutal violence and there was Jason Statham. And now the bad points, the acting is not that good, the movie is predictable and short.This is a good movie but you will forget it pretty fast.
  32. Dec 12, 2014
    Death Race is as action packed as any movie I've ever seen. Jason Statham was great, as badass as he always is. Tyrese Gibson is also pretty intimidating as the antagonist, although his acting was not really that strong, but he made his presence felt. The race scenes get your heart pumping and you can't take your eyes off the screen. One of the better action flicks I've seen in recent memory.
  33. Jul 13, 2015
    Animal................................................. Radical................................................ Ação........................................... Fodastíca, ................

Anderson has neutered the original film's outrageously transgressive macadam mayhem and completely stripped the story of its pointedly political social satire, making this Death Race one of the most boring drags of all time.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    With its inexplicably watchable shotgun-riding bimbos, unconscious homoeroticism and "Shawshank Redemption" ending, The Fast and the Frivolous here is almost so bad it's good. Almost...
  3. OK, so no plot, really.