6.6

1. Sep 25, 2011
    Kevin Bacon is just the best revenge dad I've seen to current date. His performance begs to differ in "Death Sentence". Unfortunately, the movie's lethargic script and uninspiring dialogue doesn't.
  2. SFN
    Mar 11, 2011
    ok for one who ever says this movie is terrible needs a brain scan, because this movei is amazing, the whole plot of the movie is really good and i will admit it is kindof strange how it goes back and fourth but thats what makes it unique and awsome, and the action scenes were really good and i thought they were gonna suck, the movie has emotion, action, and it is trully one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life time Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    Suggests that acts of revenge might make a really bad situation even worse. A few gripping moments, no happy ending. ---------------------------------
  4. Jun 28, 2012
    A great movie with an entertaining performence by Kevin Bacon and Garret Hedlund as well as some excellent staged action and is probably one of the better revenge movies around
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    What can I say? Perhaps I am biased, but I will be totally sincere. This is NOT a great movie, but I enjoyed it so much, that I myself got surprised! My friends did too, and they are people that nobody on Earthh could call 'dumb' but the opposite. Partly, the reasons for my excitement about this film, may be because Kevin Bacon is the leading figure and I adore Kevin Bacon, for he is one of the most accomplished, versatile, serious, and down-to-Earth actors of Hollywood-and he is as underrated as Gary Oldman or Sean Penn (yet even a better actor -and according to the media and general belief he is also a nicer person-than them), so whenever I watch a movie where he is performing, my attitude becomes more open, for just his acting gives a movie a higher value. That said, (and I am acknowledging I may be biased), this movie is not brilliand but good in its genre. Those who love action filsm we'll see here a bit of the anti-hero. You may find this movie a bit unrealistic, and you are probably right. I don't think, however, that when they made Death Sentence the producers wanted to create a classic, but instead a good action- fiction film! I think they succeeded, for Death Sentence is always intense, and engaging! I know that some of us think that a situation like this is very unlikely to happen. A person doesn't turn into "Rambo' or a "killing machine' just because they want justice for their family and the legal system does not provide them with that. Nonetheless, I wonder if something like that would happen to my boy...what would I do, or at least attempt to do? I am a girl- and a feminine one- but in my own way, perhaps pain and sorrow would force me to take a difficult, emotional, and yet ilogical decision! I don't know!. Perhaps the movie is not that unrealistic, after all. So, my advice is: forget about prejudices and go and be ready to watch a movie that although a bit strange, it never bores! A solid 7 for sure! PS: and if you already love Kevin Bacon, he will not disappoint you, for this movie wouldn't be the same if someone else played his part. Expand
  6. Mar 12, 2013
    I liked this movie,because that's what i would do if someone try to do something to my family. It's too emotional and sad but i still recommend it. My score 6/10
  7. Mar 3, 2014
    I felt absolutely no emotion with any of these characters. In this sort of film, you need to have some sort of connection to really feel the pain and suffering caused and Bacon himself can't even save it. Yeah, the action is alright but if I didn't feel obliged to keep watching it to keep a friend happy, I would have turned it off long before it finished.

1. Death Sentence, directed by "Saw" co-creator James Wan, swings the pendulum too far. One day Nick is a mild-mannered nerd who spends his days making (and loving) risk assessments for his company; the next, he's Travis Bickle from 1976's "Taxi Driver."
    The film has one thing going for it--it's certainly never boring.
  3. Bears more than a slight connection to the landmark of the genre, 1974's "Death Wish," starring Charles Bronson. It is based on novelist Brian Garfield's sequel to his original book, though any resemblance is tenuous at best.