8.7

1. TylerJ>
    Jan 8, 2008
    Great movie, a lot of action. Both Kevin Bacon and John Goodman , like usual, just amazing.
  2. JunoY.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Never mind the nay sayers. Watch it. Experience the anti hero moments. It's more than good vs evil. It's epitome of human needs, survival and choices.
  3. DanW.
    Mar 31, 2008
    First of all in response to Kevin, I don't know how you define "acting like a normal human being", but John Goodman's character was definitely the LEAST like it. Think about it: not only did he allow the man trying to kill his son leave, but he sold him the guns to do it!! And as for the cop showing no sympathy, Bacon's character is wanted for murder, not to mention the First of all in response to Kevin, I don't know how you define "acting like a normal human being", but John Goodman's character was definitely the LEAST like it. Think about it: not only did he allow the man trying to kill his son leave, but he sold him the guns to do it!! And as for the cop showing no sympathy, Bacon's character is wanted for murder, not to mention the fact that cops probably see tearjerker stories like that more often than not. This was an incredible film that went way beyond the revenge-killing cliche by showing much deeper insight into the emotional rollercoaster that Bacon's character had to go through. As for Roy P., how can you say he uses the same look in every scene? Up until Bacon escapes from hospital, he flexes his acting range from shock to fear to determination to anguish to anger, finally ending up with the look of someone who has lost the fear of death and knows he has one purpose left. Put yourself in the character's position. How in God's name would you know what you would do in those situations, what you would be capable of. I guess this is just one of those movies like History of Violence or Eastern Promises where you either love it or you hate it. Expand
  4. SFN
    Mar 11, 2011
    ok for one who ever says this movie is terrible needs a brain scan, because this movei is amazing, the whole plot of the movie is really good and i will admit it is kindof strange how it goes back and fourth but thats what makes it unique and awsome, and the action scenes were really good and i thought they were gonna suck, the movie has emotion, action, and it is trully one of the bestok for one who ever says this movie is terrible needs a brain scan, because this movei is amazing, the whole plot of the movie is really good and i will admit it is kindof strange how it goes back and fourth but thats what makes it unique and awsome, and the action scenes were really good and i thought they were gonna suck, the movie has emotion, action, and it is trully one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life time Collapse
  5. ChaseC.
    Jul 29, 2009
    This is one of my favorite movies, I guess I just have bad taste, because almost all of my favorite movies are rated at the worst with metacritic. This movie is one of the most badass movies i have ever seen, Another nice thing about this movie is there isn't the bad techno music while they are having a fire fight. This movie is a must watch.
  6. BrianJ.
    Sep 3, 2007
    The movie was certainly entertaining. The entire movie, I was dying to know how it was going to end. Can they really let our hero protagonist turned antagonist of himself live? The world may never know. Also... who knew John Goodman had THIS in him? Fantastic!
  7. RobertoF.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Extraordinary! Why should films be realistic? They're needed to escape away from life and its terrors.
  8. JamieBernard
    Oct 10, 2007
    OK, to start off, I must say first that reveiwer "Kelley M" must of been on crack while storming out of this movie. It was seriously one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, and I really don't have a clue why so many people thought this movie was bad. People seriously don't get out much. I guess now a days its all about the remake movies which get more lame.
  9. THW.
    Aug 31, 2007
    If you like revenge movies, this is right up your alley. Bacon does a great job portraying a man that snaps after seeing the brutal murder of his family. The action is intense, and the mid-city chase scene on foot will get you to the edge of your seat, but there are several "yeah, right" moments that remind you that this movie is definitely a work of fiction. Definitely entertaining and a If you like revenge movies, this is right up your alley. Bacon does a great job portraying a man that snaps after seeing the brutal murder of his family. The action is intense, and the mid-city chase scene on foot will get you to the edge of your seat, but there are several "yeah, right" moments that remind you that this movie is definitely a work of fiction. Definitely entertaining and a sad commentary of the decline of our society. A great bonus: John Goodman makes an appearance as a very funny and quite frightening bad guy and steals all of the scenes he's in. Expand
  10. MikeJ.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Very action oriented and never a dull moment. REVENGE...best served..COLD!!!!!!!!! Bacon gave the regular suit and tie guy that Gone mad look. Nice performance. I must have eaten a whole tub of popcorn!!!!!!!
  11. MarkS.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Was quite surprised. Enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would! The violence is excellent!
  12. JamesF.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Pretty decent action scenes. Kevin Bacon is great, and the scuzzy street punks are well cast. This is an action movie with a heart, might even make you tear up in-between blowing holes in bad guys. Worth seeing if you like action/revenge movies.
  13. TylerG.
    Mar 28, 2008
    There is no deeper meaning to this movie, this is a movie about revenge and that is it. So don't go expecting any underlying themes about humanity or anything else. This movie is what it is, and that is a pretty damn good revenge flick.
  14. Jun 28, 2012
    A great movie with an entertaining performence by Kevin Bacon and Garret Hedlund as well as some excellent staged action and is probably one of the better revenge movies around
  15. Apr 5, 2012
    What can I say? Perhaps I am biased, but I will be totally sincere. This is NOT a great movie, but I enjoyed it so much, that I myself got surprised! My friends did too, and they are people that nobody on Earthh could call 'dumb' but the opposite. Partly, the reasons for my excitement about this film, may be because Kevin Bacon is the leading figure and I adore Kevin Bacon, for he is oneWhat can I say? Perhaps I am biased, but I will be totally sincere. This is NOT a great movie, but I enjoyed it so much, that I myself got surprised! My friends did too, and they are people that nobody on Earthh could call 'dumb' but the opposite. Partly, the reasons for my excitement about this film, may be because Kevin Bacon is the leading figure and I adore Kevin Bacon, for he is one of the most accomplished, versatile, serious, and down-to-Earth actors of Hollywood-and he is as underrated as Gary Oldman or Sean Penn (yet even a better actor -and according to the media and general belief he is also a nicer person-than them), so whenever I watch a movie where he is performing, my attitude becomes more open, for just his acting gives a movie a higher value. That said, (and I am acknowledging I may be biased), this movie is not brilliand but good in its genre. Those who love action filsm we'll see here a bit of the anti-hero. You may find this movie a bit unrealistic, and you are probably right. I don't think, however, that when they made Death Sentence the producers wanted to create a classic, but instead a good action- fiction film! I think they succeeded, for Death Sentence is always intense, and engaging! I know that some of us think that a situation like this is very unlikely to happen. A person doesn't turn into "Rambo' or a "killing machine' just because they want justice for their family and the legal system does not provide them with that. Nonetheless, I wonder if something like that would happen to my boy...what would I do, or at least attempt to do? I am a girl- and a feminine one- but in my own way, perhaps pain and sorrow would force me to take a difficult, emotional, and yet ilogical decision! I don't know!. Perhaps the movie is not that unrealistic, after all. So, my advice is: forget about prejudices and go and be ready to watch a movie that although a bit strange, it never bores! A solid 7 for sure! PS: and if you already love Kevin Bacon, he will not disappoint you, for this movie wouldn't be the same if someone else played his part. Expand
  16. Sep 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I actually don't understand why this movie get so negative critic. The movie stars Kevin Bacon as Nick Hume, a business man with a family that he cares about. One day, his oldest son gets killed by a gang member who proves that he is in the gang. The killer walks free (Nick doesn't like that the killer gets a mild sentence, so he don't "recognize" him in court). Nick decides then to kill his oldest son killer. Now he is haunted by the gang. Nick must now protect his family, but to what cost? This movie proves that you can't just be an anti-hero that kills all the bad guys just to rescue/avenge one of your family members and then escape unclean. This movie is depressing and have almost no comedy. The only thing that doesn't fit in the movie is that they parody (?) Taxi Drivers last scene where De Niro shoots everybody. A great scene, but too out of context (it works in Taxi Driver). This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen (I'm a big movie lover so that says a lot). Expand
  17. Apr 12, 2016
    While on the surface the film may appear to be a typical revenge flick, like the author of the novel it is loosely based on, it actually shows how revenge doesn't work out. Nick isn't an unlikable guy, he's a devoted father and a great husband but the loss of his eldest son just causes him to lose it and overlook the safety of his wife and remaining son and seek revenge and that's whenWhile on the surface the film may appear to be a typical revenge flick, like the author of the novel it is loosely based on, it actually shows how revenge doesn't work out. Nick isn't an unlikable guy, he's a devoted father and a great husband but the loss of his eldest son just causes him to lose it and overlook the safety of his wife and remaining son and seek revenge and that's when things get interesting because it plays into the whole an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, There are some corny scenes, most of them involve John Goodman. Having him play the abusive father was fine but having him sell the guns to the man who killed his youngest and admitted he'd kill the eldest, it was a bit silly.

But what was truly silly are those who saw the film then complained about the violence when it was made perfectly clear before the film was even out that the director was the same one who directed Saw. Its like seeing a Romero film and then being bothered that there are zombies in it.
  18. May 19, 2016
    One of my fav Kevin Bacon movies of all time. This generations Death Wish, Very powerful and emotional.

Watch it online for free: http://www.watchfree.to/watch-58a-Death-Sentence-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Death Sentence, directed by "Saw" co-creator James Wan, swings the pendulum too far. One day Nick is a mild-mannered nerd who spends his days making (and loving) risk assessments for his company; the next, he's Travis Bickle from 1976's "Taxi Driver."
    The film has one thing going for it--it's certainly never boring.
  3. Bears more than a slight connection to the landmark of the genre, 1974's "Death Wish," starring Charles Bronson. It is based on novelist Brian Garfield's sequel to his original book, though any resemblance is tenuous at best.