IFC Films | Release Date: August 24, 2007
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 16 Ratings
WATCH NOW
drlowdonJul 22, 2013
In 1968 The Sunday Times offered a prize of 5000 pounds to the person that could sail single handledly round the world quickest. Deep Impact tells the true story of Donald Crowhurts attempt to be that person.

Using extracts from the actual

Using extracts from the actual logs kept by Crowhurst during his journey as well as interviews from competitors, friends and family we are given a fascinating insight into his motivations for taking on such a dangerous endeavour and the effect that such isolation and pressure can have on a seemingly normal person.

Proof that real life can be just as interesting as any fictional story.
joomjim4Jun 18, 2012
One of the best documentaries I've watched in so many years. The story was well told with a combination of the life lesson not only just a pure tragedy story. A must watch!
(Stunning, Compelling, Deep, Life Lesson)
BlancoA.Sep 6, 2007
One of the most incredible stories ever memorialized on film. I sat stunned when it was over. I've sailed small boats at the most elementary levels, but I can appreciate, in the most basic ways, the raw power of what these men faced. One of the most incredible stories ever memorialized on film. I sat stunned when it was over. I've sailed small boats at the most elementary levels, but I can appreciate, in the most basic ways, the raw power of what these men faced. Breathtaking, moving, dazzling. Great film. Expand
jgmSep 6, 2007
sad & thought-provoking story
BobM.Aug 24, 2007
Profoundly sorrowful, profoundly human, profoundly philosophical.