• Release Date: Nov 3, 2005
7.3

1. jackb.
    Nov 10, 2005
    I saw Derailroaded in Austin. It made me laugh,cry, and think,as it gave the audience a small look at the love hate relationships Larry had with friends, himself, and life in general . Was Derailroaded the last exploitaton of Larry Fischer.Or 86 minutes of affirmaton that his creativity was noticed and important to the entertainment world? I think the latter.
  2. JamesD.
    Nov 4, 2005
    I saw this film in Jacksonville and fell in love with it. Rubin does a great job with Larry and the entire genre of outsider music. In a movie about exploiting a rocker, Rubin does a wonderful job of not doing so (exploiting Larry). I recommend this film to anyone who appreciates art and the artist. Go see it!

1. Reviewed by: KJ Doughton
    Do we really want to live in a world void of "Wild Man" Fischers, and all their unique forms of creative expression? Savor the fascinating, thought-provoking Derailroaded, and you be the judge.
    Having a Rutgers psychology professor comment on Fischer's general symptoms is downright amateurish. In a documentary about a living subject, conclusions are better drawn through rigorous observation, not explained away in some tidy pop-psychological portraiture.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    As discomfortingly fascinating as listening to a couple's heated argument at a table near yours in a restaurant.