7.4

1. Mar 8, 2015
    Gru and his Minions are back. The super proud now dad of three, has left all his evil ways in the past and spends all his time taking care of his three adopted orphan girls.

Everything was going smoothly, Gru was happy and so were the children, but, as seen in the original first movie, stealing the moon was not just a little feat, and certainly wouldn’t go unnoticed, and as seen here in Despicable Me 2, The Anti-Villain League have come knocking asking questions and looking for answers.

Gru (Voiced by Steve Carell) now spends all his time making different flavored jelly’s to sell, which telling by the reactions of his Minions, the taste wasn’t nice at all and even Dr Nefario was second guessing the changed Gru and his new found actions.

The sun is out and its party time with the BBQ well under way and all the kids happy Gru is questioned outside his home by Agent Lucy Wilde (Voiced by Kristen Wiig) this then lead to Gru being kidnapped only to have this Minions follow for the chase.

Anti-Villain Leagues Boss Silas Ramsbottom ordered Lucy to track down Gru because his actions of stealing the moon even though Gru did return it, it didn’t go unnoticed and because of this they ask for Gru to join forces and go under cover to help them.

Will Gru go back to his evil ways again? All in all this second outing is funnier then the 2010 smash hit in my eyes, its big, its funny, and it has a hint of purple too (which is always a good thing?).

We saw the original Despicable Me animated comedy in 3D and like wise the same goes with the sequel. Just like the first, the 3D is put to good use throughout the whole film and the color isn’t toned down like other movies that cash in for the added ‘Bonus’ of 3D. You will be laughing from start to finish like me and also fall in love with how cute and silly his Minions are yet again. The children in the packed Cineworld Cinema in Nottingham also found it funny as well as the parents making this the best family film of the year so far.

Go see it as you wont leave without laughing at least 100 times. stay for the end credits for a nice little added after credits scene, and like the first one there is some good use of 3D if you’re seeing it in 3D too.

Full Review @ItsMuchMore
  2. AGN
    Feb 24, 2015
    Well, a great improvement on the original. More complete, funnier, and better in every way. There were some annoyances, but it does better.

Rating: 8/10
    Grade: B+ Great
  3. Jan 11, 2015
    An even better film than the original with even more laugh-out-loud scenes and new characters in the form of Agent Lucy Wilde and the main villain El Macho. It has an even better story than its 2010 predecessor.
  4. Dec 22, 2014
    Despicable Me 2 is I think better than the original and I Know you won't agree with me but this just my Opinion.Extremely cute,hilarious and enjoyable for all ages!
  5. Dec 13, 2014
    The change in Gru's role doesn't affect our view of him, as he was instantly loveable even as a villain. It is actually quite a welcome change in emphasis as it does well to make the sequel a film on it's own, by establishing it a separate identity. The minions are just as pleasing as they were before, as is the story. It is a fun, laid back, adventure film that shows how a sequel should be done.
  6. Nov 13, 2014
    "Despicable Me 2" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: As with the first film, Gru (Steve Carell) is just an entertaining character. For anyone who enjoys villains in cinema and television, there are plenty of well done little barbs and inside jokes in the movie. The Bad: It just didn't have the heart or the entertainment value of the first film. While it wasn't a bad film, it
    "Despicable Me 2" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Bad: It just didn't have the heart or the entertainment value of the first film. While it wasn't a bad film, it just doesn't quite get going and even drags on in spots. For an animated feature, that's rare. The minions just aren't all that funny anymore.
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    Minions take center stage against its human counterparts (who are still underdeveloped), and shine in this humorous, yet predictable and light-hearted installment.
  8. Sep 9, 2014
    Este filme é muito legal. É bom, com várias sacadas, divertido, fala sobre o amor (tanto dos pais quanto de paixão) e ainda fez os Minions virar modinha. Muito legal mesmo.
  9. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despicable Me 2 (2013) is about the ex-supervillain Gru, who has already denounced his evil deeds to become a loving father of three adopted girls. He is currently adjusting to his new family life and attempts to be a legitimate business man which is in fact, admirable. However, Anti- Villain League kidnapped him and later, put him back in action (as a spy though) because they believe that he would be helpful in solving a crime as Gru should know how a villain thinks and acts. Nonetheless, this sequel also reveals more antics of their characters and minion mischief, where we'll be able to observe their true selves throughout the film and they are all so hilarious!

In brief, this is most likely my favorite 2013 American animated film even though there are a couple more that I haven't watch. I watched this film on theatres last year; it is fun, adorable and it lift up my mood! Some of the scenes are epic and funny; I certainly have had a good laugh watching this film and most of all, there are also plenty of moments that made me go aww! If you liked the first Despicable Me film, you'd find yourselves liking this film too. Most audiences would be amused at the character's antics and the plot twists; it is really a fun and adorable film to watch. And of course, minions fans would love this film to death! I'm definitely anticipating their upcoming films!
  10. Jul 29, 2014
    This is a sequel well below its predecessor. "Despicable Me 2" struggles to deliver laughs and this struggle outshines its emotional touch and adorable characters. The plot is uninspired and the minions are far too excessively used here to make the result more entertaining. After a very good first film, "Despicable Me 2" seems pretty unable to keep the franchise going.
  11. May 25, 2014
    A good movie but doesn't outdo it's predecessor well at least not right now maybe after a couple more watches then maybe it will. After the events in the first film Steve Carell (Gru) is done being a villain he now is just a family guy watching over his three daughters. He gets hired by a Anti-Villain League to track down and find this other villain. In this one Gru has a partner KristenA good movie but doesn't outdo it's predecessor well at least not right now maybe after a couple more watches then maybe it will. After the events in the first film Steve Carell (Gru) is done being a villain he now is just a family guy watching over his three daughters. He gets hired by a Anti-Villain League to track down and find this other villain. In this one Gru has a partner Kristen Wiig (Lucy Wilde) she was ok but didn't really see the point of her other then a type of love story but it's Kristen Wiig and i love her so i'm fine with it. The minions were awesome just like in the first film i love the little number at the end of the movie.

Overall i give it a 7.7 will for sure be buying this on blu ray it has tons of laughs throughout the movie. Id recommend this to anyone that has little children also it's one of those kids movies that adults can watch without ripping out their eyes
  12. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Can Be the a Kids Favorite but not when Lucy Moves to a Different Country. Minions were OK in the movie. But Kind of the same language as they speak and kids may say the language but the parents won't understand the language. Expand
  13. May 16, 2014
    I didn't expect the second one to be as good as the first one, but it totally was. Soooo entertaining, the kids loved it! Funny, well written and great voice overs too. Thank you Steve!
  14. May 1, 2014
    I had a lot fun with this one just as much as the original! I do recommend it and i think that if you liked the first part you should defenitely watch this!
  15. Mar 30, 2014
    the sequel is gay . but some parts i enjoy like the purple druggie minions . but however i seen way to many times . since the despicable 3 is cooming soon i wont enjoy that one . Grade D
  16. Mar 21, 2014
    This movie is so funny!!! The funniest are Minions and Shannon at the date!!!!! Can't wait for the next movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    This sequel is intelligent, and it's just as good as the first. Honestly, the minions are hilarious as hell. The film cannot even exist without them. The film covers more on family and romantic situations and it's just all good fun.
  18. Feb 15, 2014
    Sequels are always worse! But not in this case! The movie, was cute and funny! The story was well developed. The ending was great as well! I highly recommending watching this movie!
  19. Feb 15, 2014
    ultimate fun ever before, awesomeness of story music all had great experience even from its first part (despicable me), animation work has much much improved, and 3D experience was really great taste.
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    Not as good as the first, but still an incredibly charming and funny animated movie that families will love. The animation and voice acting are once again top-notch, and the movie provides plenty of laugh-out-loud funny moments. The plot is a tad too familiar, relying on themes that have been used way too much in animated movies. This is especially noticeable when compared to the originalNot as good as the first, but still an incredibly charming and funny animated movie that families will love. The animation and voice acting are once again top-notch, and the movie provides plenty of laugh-out-loud funny moments. The plot is a tad too familiar, relying on themes that have been used way too much in animated movies. This is especially noticeable when compared to the original plot of the first movie. Overall though this doesn't ruin the movie at all and this is still a highly recommendable movie that will bring smiles to faces of every family who picks this up for family movie night. Expand
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel "Despicable Me 2" was an unnecessary sequel. Does that mean I hate it? Of course not; it's still a good movie, just not one that can surpass the first, in my opinion. The slapstick is taken way higher, some jokes were great while others were hit-and-miss, and though the new characters were funny in their own right, none of them really got much character development, save for the villain El Macho. The two things I felt that just came out of nowhere were Margo's short-lived romance with Antonio and Dr. Nefario leaving Gru to do evil again. The former never lead to anything; they shared about two or so scenes together until Antonio left Margo. It just felt out of place and distracted from the main plot. The latter always confused me; I understand Nefario is the one who kidnapped all the Minions and brought them to one place where they could be controlled by El Macho, but why couldn't El Macho just do this himself? And it doesn't take much convincing for Nefario to regroup with Gru. At that point I questioned why he'd even left in the first place. In conclusion, while some parts were memorable and others just didn't work, I find myself saying again this was an unnecessary sequel. It's good, but not great. The first one can't be topped in my opinion, but if you want to just kick back and laugh at more Minion antics, then this is the flick for you. Expand
  22. Jan 13, 2014
    Not as good as the original Despicable Me, with some note of deteriorating jokes, but still as 2013 standout, even if Frozen is one step ahead. There are more minions than ever now, it's humorous and ironic, just how it is expected to be, and the plot is very easy to understand compared to other movies I've seen. A definite choice for a movie.
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Although this is a film intended for children, who aren't exactly the best at judging whether or not a film is good, I still believe that they should be held against the same scale as other films. with that out of the way, I will now say, this film was, in a word, awful. the plot was boring and bland, the protagonist, Gru, is now boring and flat, and the minions are only there to provideAlthough this is a film intended for children, who aren't exactly the best at judging whether or not a film is good, I still believe that they should be held against the same scale as other films. with that out of the way, I will now say, this film was, in a word, awful. the plot was boring and bland, the protagonist, Gru, is now boring and flat, and the minions are only there to provide cliched comic relief. there are better ways to spend your money than on this film. Expand
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    The first movie Despicable Me I liked more, was coming down target entertain viewers, have a good plot and leave a good message, it gets the same objectives but does not do as above, entertain: this can be see every scene in a humorous moment and there are some that can be achieved and other shows you just giggle, in other comics the few moments I managed to get a laugh. Cast in that thisThe first movie Despicable Me I liked more, was coming down target entertain viewers, have a good plot and leave a good message, it gets the same objectives but does not do as above, entertain: this can be see every scene in a humorous moment and there are some that can be achieved and other shows you just giggle, in other comics the few moments I managed to get a laugh. Cast in that this is higher than the first, is based on a smarter idea. Message: This is a message of love, but does not become like the message obtenia previous paternity. I like the truth, but between this and the earlier I prefer Despicable Me. That if the minions are more fun and these characters are the best of the movie. Expand
  25. Dec 13, 2013
  26. Dec 8, 2013
    Despicable Me 2 loses a bit of the elements that gave the first movie its charm. But, it also adds a whole lot new. This movie works perfectly as a sequel. It shows how Gru has moved on and is adapting to fatherhood, while still retaining his zany lifestyle (sorta.)

DM2, seemed less funny than the first movie, but also had much more heart and depth. In other words improving on the formula.

Overall:
    Despicable Me 2 is a fantastic sequel and allot of fun to watch.
  27. Nov 23, 2013
    While not having much heart as the previous, Despicable Me 2 gathers laughter for both children and adults and features major character development while also utilizing more on the lovable characters without making them just a sell-out, the Minions.
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    I feel as if Despicable Me 2 is just not quite as charming or unique as the original. I think what made me like the original was the "bad guy" theme; it lacks the originality of its predecessor. I find the new character of Lucy Wilde somewhat annoying, and I was rolling my eyes at Margo falling for Antonio as well as Gru marrying Lucy. I also didn't find myself laughing as much as I didI feel as if Despicable Me 2 is just not quite as charming or unique as the original. I think what made me like the original was the "bad guy" theme; it lacks the originality of its predecessor. I find the new character of Lucy Wilde somewhat annoying, and I was rolling my eyes at Margo falling for Antonio as well as Gru marrying Lucy. I also didn't find myself laughing as much as I did during the first film, the film just isn't that funny. The three girls also had a lot less screen time. The new villain El Macho doesn't make as much of an impact as"Vector". However, its still entertaining enough and will satisfy its younger viewers. The minions are still great, at least.

(P.S, "Despicable Me 3" and a spin-off film "Minions" are in the works!)

If you liked this review, please mark this review as helpful and read my other reviews on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and videogames.
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    En ésta época, dónde las películas de Pixar ya decaen en originalidad, "Despicable Me 2" es todo un espectáculo de la misma, superando (en mi opinión) a la película original. La recomiendo a personas que disfruten de la originalidad de los diversos proyectos animados que han llegado a ser recordados por su magistralía: y créanme, las películas de Despicable Me, serán recordadas por susEn ésta época, dónde las películas de Pixar ya decaen en originalidad, "Despicable Me 2" es todo un espectáculo de la misma, superando (en mi opinión) a la película original. La recomiendo a personas que disfruten de la originalidad de los diversos proyectos animados que han llegado a ser recordados por su magistralía: y créanme, las películas de Despicable Me, serán recordadas por sus hermosas historias, sus animaciones penetrantes, sus momentos divertidos y sus personajes originales.
    Una de las mejores películas animadas del año.
  30. Oct 28, 2013
    The plot/story is less tight than the first movie, and the girls were a bit under utilized and not central to the plot. However that said, DM2 is still a very faithful sequel to the first movie. It's still incredibly detailed in visuals, designs, characters, and backgrounds. I found the movie very entertaining and amusing, and nothing was out of place compared to the first movie.

1. Reviewed by: Tasha Robinson
    Jul 10, 2013
    Despicable Me 2 has its charms, in its spritely pacing, a rapid-fire gag-delivery system that hits as often as it misses, and especially in its innovative, expansive use of 3-D space.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Jul 8, 2013
    It's still a first-class charm assault.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Jul 5, 2013
    Despicable Me 2 is far more entertaining than the disappointingly bland "Monsters University" and as a sequel stands level with the first film, and may have the edge on it.