Devil

7.9

1. Sep 5, 2011
    JSau, down below, is right in his opinion of this movie. This seems like one of those Christian evangelist movies, targeted to an audience who believe in the Christian devil, and if you do happen to be one of those believers, you'll probably be scared. Otherwise, this is pretty silly stuff. Good acting and great cinematography, especially the disturbing opening shots of Philly, are theJSau, down below, is right in his opinion of this movie. This seems like one of those Christian evangelist movies, targeted to an audience who believe in the Christian devil, and if you do happen to be one of those believers, you'll probably be scared. Otherwise, this is pretty silly stuff. Good acting and great cinematography, especially the disturbing opening shots of Philly, are the redeeming factors. Collapse
  2. Dec 1, 2010
    Yo I'm sorry but this movie was garbage. I don't even know what to say. Saw 3D >>>>>>> This. It was boring. THe acting sucked. The mexican guy was ****ing annoying going on about the christian BS. If I wanted a church lesson I would go to church. I guess if you are really bored you might get minor enjoyment out of this but I'm sure watching youtube is more entertaining unless its huskyYo I'm sorry but this movie was garbage. I don't even know what to say. Saw 3D >>>>>>> This. It was boring. THe acting sucked. The mexican guy was ****ing annoying going on about the christian BS. If I wanted a church lesson I would go to church. I guess if you are really bored you might get minor enjoyment out of this but I'm sure watching youtube is more entertaining unless its husky starcraft, that guy sucks ass. Expand
  3. Jun 28, 2015
    Good side: director is able to build tension and suspense out of a thin scenario in the very confined space of an elevator. From that point of view, the exercise is a success and he has talent.
    Bad side: this movie has nothing to do with Satan. This movie is about Hades. That part was disappointing as there's nothing tied to the scare Satan stories can create. Also, movie holds just one viewing: after you've seen it, there's nothing much left for watching it again.
    Overall, a movie that falls short on story and biblical background, leaving you on your hunger. Renting it is ok. Buying it is pointless.

1. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    The great cinematographer Tak Fujimoto has the time of his life on this low-budget horror feature, playing with dolly shots, abrupt zooms, and negative space inside the widescreen frame, and the fun is infectious.
  2. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    Guaranteed to keep you on tenterhooks from beginning to end - and without much gore. Dowdle and company trade in the usual trappings of the genre for a tantalizing blend of tension, suspense, and mystery.
  3. A serviceable burst of high-end hokum, Devil classes up a flimsy, religion-themed plot (by M. Night Shyamalan) with the kind of limber cinematography only someone like Tak Fujimoto can deliver.