2.5

1. Jan 18, 2014
    I saw this with a friend and spent most of the afternoon waiting for something to happen... A waste of time and money in my opinion. They show have made it an 18 certificate and a injected a bit of life into it, no pun intended! Do not even bother to rent this on Dvd. Carrie was a better and scarier film, as was 'The Exorcism Of Emily Rose'. Very disappointed.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    This is awful, everything is wrong with it the acting is bad, the scares are not scary, the premise is tired, and hammered to death a million times, some people say it's Paranormal Activity meets Rosemary's Baby, and it is true, as this movie takes everything wrong with those movie, and multiplies that a million times, and creates ****
  3. Jan 18, 2014
    just seen devils due and this is my first time ever writing a review and felt the need to do so. THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE SO HORRIBLE TILL IT WENT BEYOND HORRIBLE SMH A WASTE OF FILM TIME AND MONEY. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING WHEN THE MOVIE THEATRE WAS SHOWING IT IN ONE OF THE SMALLEST ROOM THEY HAVE THAT MAY SEAT 30 PEOPLE. SMH ME AND MY GIRL COULDNT EVEN DISCUSS THE MOVIE WE JUST TALKEDjust seen devils due and this is my first time ever writing a review and felt the need to do so. THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE SO HORRIBLE TILL IT WENT BEYOND HORRIBLE SMH A WASTE OF FILM TIME AND MONEY. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING WHEN THE MOVIE THEATRE WAS SHOWING IT IN ONE OF THE SMALLEST ROOM THEY HAVE THAT MAY SEAT 30 PEOPLE. SMH ME AND MY GIRL COULDNT EVEN DISCUSS THE MOVIE WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THE WEATHER THATS HOW POINTLESS IT WAS. Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2014
    An aweful movie. A GIANT WASTE OF TIME. A GIANT WASTE OF MONEY. A USELESS MOVIE WITH TERRIBLE EFFECTS. ITS JUST PLAIN STUPID. I DONT THINK IVE MET SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY LIKED THIS MOVIE.
  5. Jan 20, 2014
    It was the perfect recipe for horror, but it never built to anything. And maybe that was the point. But the advertising and hype of the movie would lead you to believe otherwise. You kept waiting for something, anything to happen, there were a couple aha moments but nothing worth repeating. I would rather have watched anything else.
  6. Jan 25, 2014
    What a steaming piece of garbage. So here is the basic plot, a couple go on a honeymoon and the wife gets pregnant despite taking Birth Control Medicine. Then, of course, things start happening around the house. So the husband decides to document it ALL on a hand held camera. I've never heard that one before. This movie consists of the STUPID characters walking around and talking for 10What a steaming piece of garbage. So here is the basic plot, a couple go on a honeymoon and the wife gets pregnant despite taking Birth Control Medicine. Then, of course, things start happening around the house. So the husband decides to document it ALL on a hand held camera. I've never heard that one before. This movie consists of the STUPID characters walking around and talking for 10 minutes then they here a noise, then they investigate, then there is a jump scare. Then the cycle repeats for about an hour and 20 minutes straight until the inevitable ending. Do yourself a favor and don't pay to see this crap. Watch some good "Found Footage Movies" like "The Last Exorcism or "Cloverfield." This movie is only about an hour and a half long, but boy it feels like three... Expand
  7. Jan 26, 2014
    Devil's Due has some decent ideas, but for most of the time it lacks originality, scares. If it was digging enough into the characters, I would pass it as a strange gothic, but it is not. I will say it is probably a guilty pleasure, because the last 10 minutes of the film makes it entertaining to watch although hard with the cliched found-footage style, but what I sighted of the last 10Devil's Due has some decent ideas, but for most of the time it lacks originality, scares. If it was digging enough into the characters, I would pass it as a strange gothic, but it is not. I will say it is probably a guilty pleasure, because the last 10 minutes of the film makes it entertaining to watch although hard with the cliched found-footage style, but what I sighted of the last 10 mins was good enough to pass the movie as a 4 out of 10. Although deserving less, but I have something for these found footage movies. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2014
    Although I'm a sucker for found-footage movies (especially the "Paranormal Activity" franchise), the genre has hit an all-time low with this one. Everything about this film is just so terrible! The story is silly and predictable. The acting is worse than ever, and the ending is ridiculous and completely stupid! And the worst part: It's not scary!!!
  9. Feb 20, 2014
    While not so bad to be a "Devils Due" in sin for how bad the movie is, this found footage film is FILLED with unscary bland moments, (Like the Paranormal Activity franchise) the acting is average at best, the reason I gave this a 3 us because it does, decent in the department of "found footage" the Devil's Due was overhyped due to the genuinely good trailers, and I don't know the fact thatWhile not so bad to be a "Devils Due" in sin for how bad the movie is, this found footage film is FILLED with unscary bland moments, (Like the Paranormal Activity franchise) the acting is average at best, the reason I gave this a 3 us because it does, decent in the department of "found footage" the Devil's Due was overhyped due to the genuinely good trailers, and I don't know the fact that it's actually got a couple decent parts. Go spend your money on a dvd of "The Conjuring" if you're looking for a horror film, or "Paranormal Activity" if you want a found footage... Expand
  10. Mar 16, 2014
    Pointless movie. The story went nowhere threw out the movie. Don't waste your money, and even worse your money. People were getting up and leaving it was so bad. I only stayed because I had nothing else to do all day.
  11. Jan 17, 2014
    Devil's Due has a decent enough premise, and a few neat ideas, most based on the extremes of pregnancy, but it continually fails to wring the most out of them. What's worse, some of its choices – particularly the use of the found footage approach and the absence of a strong force for good – actively undermine the film's narrative and the intensity of its scares.
  12. Jan 25, 2015
    There hasn't been a movie that's so predictable, it makes rewatching Paranormal Activity a fresh experience. This is mediocrity in scene by scene basis. It's almost surprising, if it's not so sad that the producer or director once thought imitation of other horror films could be a substitute for real tension. Furthermore, displaying it in found footage style doesn't add anything, let aloneThere hasn't been a movie that's so predictable, it makes rewatching Paranormal Activity a fresh experience. This is mediocrity in scene by scene basis. It's almost surprising, if it's not so sad that the producer or director once thought imitation of other horror films could be a substitute for real tension. Furthermore, displaying it in found footage style doesn't add anything, let alone mask the unoriginality.

The lackluster story is about two couples who happily spend their honeymoon, but in the end meet with dubious characters. After some bizarre forgettable occurrence, the bride is pregnant. No, this is not Hangover, although it would’ve been better. What follows is a mix between pregnancy scare and overused gimmicks. The theme has been used before, but this is acceptable, many movies use already proven formula and produces new material. Devil's Due, on the other hand, cobbles together pieces of other works in hope of anyone who hasn't watched horror movies in years will find it amusing.

Its use of found footage mechanic further confuses the plot, because some of the scenes shouldn't have been captured in the first place. It uses all security cameras which are in vicinity of the story, it's not only one vlogger type, yet it still feels unauthentic and staged to capture certain scenes. It probably would've been slightly better if it's done in simple third person view.

There's not much excellence in acting either, the usual scream and frantic gaze. As an intimate experience of maternity, the movie could've depicted more personal issue. The scares aren't much better, often showing people in trance or shouting randomly. Every part of the movie is dull, any horror it has is watered down because it's near exact replica of others.

Granted, those who had or having the delicate 9 months marathon could appreciate it better, but why would they watch this movie, why would anyone for that matter?
  13. Jul 26, 2014
    With nearly every element borrowed - scratch that - copied from other films that have almost always done it better, "Devil's Due" renders no legitimate frights, leaves the most of the audience scratching their heads and the others bored to tears.
  14. May 1, 2014
    A dull, cheap, clichéd, horror film that fails on almost every level. Every scene is predictable and not chilling. A good horror film keeps you up at night this one puts you to sleep. D-
  15. Dec 19, 2014
    Yet another tedious found footage style "horror" film, manages to bore me throughout the majority of the runtime, the first act was tiresome and the resolution made minimal sense, it has a weak atmosphere and forgettable characters the film fails to deliver any scares with cheap jump scares and horrendous acting.
  16. Dec 30, 2014
    This is an unoriginal, poorly shot and horribly acted waste of time even by the standards of found footage movies. it was released in January with the hopes that people wouldn't realise what a lame Rosemary's Baby clone it was and make a quick buck from the lack of new films and have it be forgotten but this film really made me realise more than ever that this practice and the genre ofThis is an unoriginal, poorly shot and horribly acted waste of time even by the standards of found footage movies. it was released in January with the hopes that people wouldn't realise what a lame Rosemary's Baby clone it was and make a quick buck from the lack of new films and have it be forgotten but this film really made me realise more than ever that this practice and the genre of found footage movies both need to go away for a very long time and possibly never come back. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2014
    "Devil's Due" 10 Scale Rating: 3.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: They were few and far between, but there were a couple of well-done moments that were legitimately creepy. The last 10 minutes or so are pretty good and makes you wonder where this was for the rest of the film. The Bad: For a "found footage" style film, it just didn't make sense as the director seemed to forget what type of
    "Devil's Due" 10 Scale Rating: 3.0 (Awful) ...

The Bad: For a "found footage" style film, it just didn't make sense as the director seemed to forget what type of movie he was making. Far too often, the camera would shift to a second, third, or even a fourth camera during a scene. It begs the question: Who was filming this!?!? It seemed like there were cameras hovering and crawling everywhere. The film also has LONG stretches where absolutely nothing happens. In fact, little to nothing happens during the first hour. Forgettable.
  18. Mar 10, 2015
    Zach and Samantha McCall didn't expect to become new parents - but even though they can't remember it, one night in their honeymoon brings on an unexpected pregnancy. Recording everything - Samantha begins exhibiting strange signs - and soon these changes take a much more sinister turn. This movie was a lame horror movie with no brains at all with laughable Jump scares and Bad acting fromZach and Samantha McCall didn't expect to become new parents - but even though they can't remember it, one night in their honeymoon brings on an unexpected pregnancy. Recording everything - Samantha begins exhibiting strange signs - and soon these changes take a much more sinister turn. This movie was a lame horror movie with no brains at all with laughable Jump scares and Bad acting from the cast and crew. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jan 22, 2014
    Although a slow-burn approach to this sort of creepfest is generally a smart move, Devil’s Due peters out of outright suspense midway through and never fully recovers, despite (or possibly because of) a final reel that may shock some viewers but will leave die-hard genre fans gnashing their teeth and rending their clothes in dismay.
  2. Reviewed by: Ali Catterall
    Jan 21, 2014
    The Devil may have all the best tunes, but this really is the worst sort of cinematic karaoke.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Jan 20, 2014
    We're more than 45 years out from Roman Polanski's director-controlled masterpiece in gestating terror, and yet no gimmick in Devil's Due — no point-of-view shock cut or shaky-cam "realism" — is as dread-inducing as tracking the grim revelations on Mia Farrow's face.