8.1

1. Hen
    Jun 9, 2013
    An eye opening and frightening movie about the covert actions of our government and the actions they are taking to cover it up. The trampling on our Constitution is an outrage. A MUST SEE MOVIE!
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    The presentation and style of the movie is a little distracting, putting Scahill front-and-center with a noir style running commentary. That said, Scahill is a great journalist and the information presented in Dirty Wars is essential to all Americans. The movie is an introduction and an eye-opener, but I recommend following up with Scahill's book of the same name. The book is far more detailed and encompassing. Expand
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    Essential viewing for anyone who still retains a shred of independent thought. This courageous work is unique in that it tells it like it is the sad truth which is so often obscured. Highly recommended and then go watch Oliver Stone's 'Untold History of the United States,' and you will see...
  4. Jan 8, 2014
    Modern day heroism at its finest, offering us help to see the results of our continuing ignorance, so we could realize what needs to be done and do it. To stop the endless, self-perpetuating wars (there are other kinds also going, economic etc.) and instead start using beneficial, efficient and prosperous tactics (there are a lot of options available, and more to be found).
  5. Jul 14, 2014
    A gripping conspiracy story with a back bone of evidence, Dirty Wars is one of the most important films to see of 2013. Its designed to provoke outrage, and I would image most will feel outraged when they see it. The film focuses on Scahill, an American Journalist trying to reveal stories of secret divisions of the US Army and the damage they have caused. While the frustrations of entering the media circuit and dismissal at the top courts are interesting, the persist focus on Scahill instead of the victims can be at times distracting. This is especially true during interviews where the camera continually drifts back to Scahill to capture his reactions. The film attempts to present itself as a spy story with Bond style graphics and cuts following its lead star. All this been said, my criticisms are to do with how cinematic the film is, not the story itself. The story as well as the journalism behind it is truly excellent. Regardless of your political stance, see Dirty Wars, if only to glimpse the lives of people caught in the cross fire. War is indeed a terrible thing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Nov 29, 2013
    Though awkwardly assembled, with an overemphatic voiceover, it’s chilling stuff.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Nov 29, 2013
    The movie has rather silly, Bourne-style thriller graphics, which are unnecessary: it has an important story to tell.
  3. Reviewed by: Trevor Johnston
    Nov 26, 2013
    Even after The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty, this brings us chillingly closer to the real story of the post-Iraq shitstorm.