1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 250 Ratings

1. Jul 25, 2014
    Hey, at least Disaster Movie is honest with its title; it's a disaster of a movie. Nothing in it works, and all the jokes fall flat. Other than that, there's not much else to be said about this movie. I don't care enough to write a more detailed review, and neither should you. Don't see this movie.
  2. Jun 9, 2014
    A completely wretched and horrible experience. I can't believe I took my son to this and paid full money. I fully lament I will never get that hour and a half of my life back.
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    This was horrible. Horrible acting, horrible effects, horrible plot. The was probably the worst movie that was ever made. It won so many razzies because it sucked!
  4. Feb 15, 2014
    This film does show a disaster. Not the elements the film is trying to show, but the disaster of the film itself. The mess these directors made is awful. Just awful. Awful enough to have popcorn and soda thrown at the screen. Which actually might have happened.
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    If I had to name one, this is the worst parody film ever made. Jokes are randomly put in that have no relevance to what is going on, the acting is terrible and everything else in between cannot save this. Avoid all costs.
  6. Dec 2, 2013
    OMG. you will not believe the A-listers in this movie. This was one of the reasons i knew this was the film for ME. now i know you may not be as swag as me and like the same films but let me tell you this. if you dont like Disaster Movie then you my friend are not my friend. please just listen to me when i say that this film should win a nobel peace prize. Fave film of all time. #WINAOSCARLADS
  7. Dec 2, 2013
    After years of seeing classics such as Battleship Pometkin and citizen Kane, along came 'Disaster Movie' to take the crown. A movie of such swag i cried myself to sleep, yet a heartfelt comedic undertone to keep the balance and real message of post modernism, racism, feminism, and anti semtic themes. 'Disaster Movie' swept me off my feet and still does to this day.
  8. Sep 29, 2013
    The only good thing about this movie is how its name couldn't be more accurate: it's an absolute disaster and no one deserves having to sit through this torture.
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    Epic fail!!! Well this movie it's awful and its not a comedy at all. It's a movie without genre. Unwatchable, horrible, awful. A very big crap!!!! Just save your money and see another movie.
  10. Aug 24, 2013
    It's without doubt the worst movie ever made!!!!!! I cannot believe it happened!!! All my favourite films are destroyed in Disaster Movie!!! That's why it is called Disaster.......! It's a disaster itself. The directors of this film are stupid!!!
  11. Aug 16, 2013
    I have never in my whole life experienced such as horrific nightmare as watching this horror. It is not even remotely funny, a storyline which was shockingly awful and childish and appauling acting. Un wacthable poop
  12. Aug 11, 2013
    I think I threw up a little.

No, I definitely threw up.

............................................................................................
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Hollywood has never appeared more desperate and shameless as this utterly horrendous movie. Everything about it is worthless and gratuitous. It is so ironically disastrous. A spoof in which they are the joke.
  14. Jul 23, 2013
    Disaster movie is, well, a disaster. It's a shame to all spoof movies, even worse than Date Movie and Epic Movie, which is saying a lot. I find the end credits song catchy, ironically, that's the only enjoyable part in this whole film.
  15. Jul 10, 2013
    You know I just regret the rating I gave it last time. I hate HATE HATE it, Entertainment Weekly, you guys are just crazy. I need to get tissues, Im crying just to think about it
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    I really don't know what to say except that every moron involved in this film from the director, producer, writer and cast members should not be involved in any movie as long as there alive. To put it simply Disaster Movie should only be used for torture.
  17. Mar 23, 2013
    As the title says this really is a Disaster movie! If you wish the best for your IQ, better don't watch it no matter what! I made the biggest mistake to watch this on cinema couple of years ago! My final score is 0/10
  18. Mar 3, 2013
    Disaster Movie is absolutely hilarious! It's so bad it turns out to be pretty good. When I first started it I thought it would be awful. But movies that are intentionally bad you should probably give a chance. I don't know why it got such bad reviews. Critics don't get that comedies are supposed to be funny, not a masterpiece.
  19. Feb 19, 2013
    I can't believe I wasted my money on a ticket and my time to see this, I guess that is two things I won't be getting back, the title of this movie says it all
  20. Feb 17, 2013
    This movie is realy a disaster. What for a noobwork is this, the cast is the worst you can have, the story is made by a baby who can't think about a good story. No humor and realy a movie you have to laugh about it because its so very stupid
  21. Jan 18, 2013
    Disaster Movie is a 2008 film directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Selter. The plot is non-existent as it is non-existent humor and entertainment. A 90-minute film full of boredom, silly jokes and not at all funny. The only salvageable scene of the movie is when Alvin and the Chipmunks take anger.
  22. Aug 14, 2012
    Another movie parody absurdly bad, without any grace. Except only the scene of "Juno" fighting and "Hannah Montana" crushed by the comet, but even this one is worth note 1.
  23. Jul 8, 2012
    One of the most ugly films I
  24. Jun 2, 2012
    One of the most ugly filsm ove ever seen, through sight and sound. The film has so many stupidly random piece of (supposed) comedy that dont fit with the pacing of the story in there that it feels like were watching a TV show and the channel changes. Then you have the diabolical script that will no matter whether your a film fan have your cringing at its poor dialogue and humour. Finally, the film looks like its literally come out an immature five year old who was day dreaming about the latest film he saw, ots so unbelievably bad that when i was young i came up with better dialogue and story. Absolutely awful. Expand
  25. Apr 30, 2012
    Painfully and insultingly unfunny. What the **** does Amy Winehouse, Alvin and the Chipmunks, American Gladiators, Miley Cyrus, Jessica Simpson, and countless other horribly spoofed figures and movies have to do with the disaster genre? This whole movie is nothing but stunningly bad jokes and impersonations, avoid this **** pile at all costs.
  26. Apr 22, 2012
    hahaha This movie gives me lots of laughter. Failure at its finest.
  27. Mar 16, 2012
    If you won't be turned away by the fact this movie is made by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, then the horrible acting, terrible special effects, and a ridiculously idiotic plot will. It's also not even remotely funny in ANY way.
  28. Mar 5, 2012
    Litarally the worst thing I've ever seen. The movie is just being mean to the summer movies it has to lose drastically to at the box office. The Scary movies were both funny and subtly referenced things. Only half of Scary Movie 3 was actually spoofing **** No ne should ever watch this awful piece of **** EVER!
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    worst movie ever made the title says it all burn your eyes . Its terrible not funny the plot is really stupid its a bout the end of the world but the plot and ending made it so damn stupid I want to kill myself after this experience
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    This movie is the biggest waste of time in all of film history. It is the biggest disaster ever as said in the name, even if the directors were trying to be stupid. Don't go see this movie it is a total disaster movie and it's one of my least favorite.
  31. Sep 18, 2011
    No other movie in history is preposterous as this piece of crap.
  32. May 8, 2011
    There was a few chuckles but the story was cliched and the acting was below average. I've definitely seen better comedies. And by the way, it looked like the movie was on a REALLY low budget.
  33. Apr 23, 2011
    **** dreadful. The princess was the only funny thing in this movie in an amusing way. Worst movie I have EVER SEEN. If it was an entire spoof on enchanted it MIGHT have worked.
  34. Mar 10, 2011
    Disaster Movie is just that a disaster there was only one funny part, I expected a lot more after watching Super Hero Movie, I wouldn't recommend this movie.
  35. Feb 3, 2011
    The film drifts along on an endless river of cheap, fake pop culture references, unreal famous people look alikes, and the predictable but humorous sex jokes. Although this is,like the last 3 or 4 spoofs freidberg and seltzer shabbily made, Its so easy and fun to watch, so sit back and watch kim kardashian wrestle carmen electra.
  36. Jan 12, 2011
    Easily the worst film of 2008. One of the worst films of all time. Disaster movie has no brains, no talent, no right to exist. The most offensively horrific film since "Monster A-Go Go", and that was over 40 years ago
  37. Jan 1, 2011
    This is the kind of movie that doesn't take popular things and makes jokes about them, it is the kind of movie that takes popular things and makes references to them. So how is that funny?
  38. Nov 4, 2010
    um, this movie may be funny, but it has some disgusting moments like the cat pooping in the toilet. very stupid of those retards.
  39. Oct 27, 2010
    I thought this movie was funny at first, but consider this: It was 3:00 am i was tired. Honestly i can sit with a strait face and almost completely pissed at Friedberg and Seltzer. What crap.
  40. Sep 5, 2010
    How does a movie like this get greenlighted. Clearly it's trying to follow in the footsteps in the superlative Scary Movie franchise. But Scary Movie films used their parodies to advance their inane plot. This just threw cameo after cameo and random scenes after random scenes, until literally 10 minutes into the movie (pretty much after the appearance of Flava Flave, for NO APPARENT REASON) I was totally and utterly fed up. By the hour mark, I honestly thought of running hard and far away. Hell Epic Movie was brilliant compared to this **** storm. The entire Juno slapstick becomes annoying after the first scene, and the Sex and The City sequence has got to be downright the dumbest scene ever created. A failure in every possible way. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Sam Adams
    It's too easy to say Disaster Movie deserves its title, but why put more effort into trashing it than the filmmakers did into writing it?
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Seldom has a pic been more appropriately titled than Disaster Movie, yet another frantically unfunny free-form farce.
  3. The movie is merciless sending up "Juno's" self-satisfied hipster gobbledygook, and it's quite funny to see Hannah Montana still promoting her tie-in products as she lies crushed and dying under a meteor.