Disaster Movie

1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 293 Ratings

1. Dec 27, 2015
    This movie is well... disastrous. Nothing else to say about it. Who thought this would be a good idea for a movie anyways? Obviously not me because I have better things to do anyways than watch this disaster movie.
  2. Aug 21, 2015
    i like it.the name of this film is like this film(disaster)...........................................................................................
  3. Jun 8, 2015
    When Hannah Montana gets crushed by a meteor when Juno's character is a total quirky spoof teen it's not funny, the film tries to be funny at times the jokes work this movie is dumb. Disaster movies are the same it has cliche'd effects but writers Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg have unnecessary scenes in the film (I know it's a spoof it has scenes that have no purpose) the "spoof"When Hannah Montana gets crushed by a meteor when Juno's character is a total quirky spoof teen it's not funny, the film tries to be funny at times the jokes work this movie is dumb. Disaster movies are the same it has cliche'd effects but writers Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg have unnecessary scenes in the film (I know it's a spoof it has scenes that have no purpose) the "spoof" genres are old stop it's not clever just stop. The filmmakers put too much effort into trashing it instead of writing it. The film is boring, the acting is terrible but times you might have a few chuckle worthy moments. Grade D Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2015
    I remember watching this when i was 9 and thinking, this is OK at best. Then there was a re-run on tv and I thought to myself, this is terrible. Once this overly long bore fest finished I came to the conclusion, Disaster movie is the WORST movie I have ever watched.
  5. Oct 18, 2014
    What can I say when it's already been said? The jokes are nonexistent, the direction is ugly, the production value looks WAY to cheap than it needed to be, the actors didn't try, and everything that you can think of that can go wrong in a parody movie directed by Friedburg and Seltzer, will go wrong.

Avoid it. It's definetely not worth your time or money. If you want a good parody movie, just watch the Mel Brooks movies, Hot Shots or Airplane instead.
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    This is the worst film i've ever seen. And probably i will not see in the future something terrible like this. I saw this is a cinema, and i was almost leaving the cinema 2, 3 times.
  7. Sep 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OH MY GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE!!! How was this garbage even created? I actually thought it was even worse than Jack and Jill which I said was the worst movie that I gave a 0 (check out my review of Jack and Jill) I simply hated every last second of this film and I would probably give this a -10 if I was able to. Why did I hate this so much? Well because it was so lame and stupid and kind of gross if you think about it, for example, this movie has a scene where a girl is eating a bottle. And I didn't think this movie was funny at all, which it was supposed to be. Stay away from this film period. I hope this helped. Expand
  8. Aug 25, 2014
    It's almost funny how sad this film is. It tries to be funny, but fails utterly because... something major is missing. All the jokes go over the top - so much that, yes, they're not even funny anymore.

Sure, there were a lot of funny moments, but part of the time I wasn't sure if I was laughing out of sympathy/pity/shame, or because I enjoyed the scene. There were some disaster movie

There were some disaster movie gags, but mostly they mocked High School Musicals, superhero movies, and whatnot. So the only major disaster was "Disaster Movie" itself.
  9. Jul 25, 2014
    Hey, at least Disaster Movie is honest with its title; it's a disaster of a movie. Nothing in it works, and all the jokes fall flat. Other than that, there's not much else to be said about this movie. I don't care enough to write a more detailed review, and neither should you. Don't see this movie.
  10. Jun 9, 2014
    A completely wretched and horrible experience. I can't believe I took my son to this and paid full money. I fully lament I will never get that hour and a half of my life back.
  11. Mar 2, 2014
    This was horrible. Horrible acting, horrible effects, horrible plot. The was probably the worst movie that was ever made. It won so many razzies because it sucked!
  12. Feb 15, 2014
    This film does show a disaster. Not the elements the film is trying to show, but the disaster of the film itself. The mess these directors made is awful. Just awful. Awful enough to have popcorn and soda thrown at the screen. Which actually might have happened.
  13. Jan 1, 2014
    If I had to name one, this is the worst parody film ever made. Jokes are randomly put in that have no relevance to what is going on, the acting is terrible and everything else in between cannot save this. Avoid all costs.
  14. Dec 2, 2013
    OMG. you will not believe the A-listers in this movie. This was one of the reasons i knew this was the film for ME. now i know you may not be as swag as me and like the same films but let me tell you this. if you dont like Disaster Movie then you my friend are not my friend. please just listen to me when i say that this film should win a nobel peace prize. Fave film of all time. #WINAOSCARLADS
  15. Dec 2, 2013
    After years of seeing classics such as Battleship Pometkin and citizen Kane, along came 'Disaster Movie' to take the crown. A movie of such swag i cried myself to sleep, yet a heartfelt comedic undertone to keep the balance and real message of post modernism, racism, feminism, and anti semtic themes. 'Disaster Movie' swept me off my feet and still does to this day.
  16. Sep 29, 2013
    The only good thing about this movie is how its name couldn't be more accurate: it's an absolute disaster and no one deserves having to sit through this torture.
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    Epic fail!!! Well this movie it's awful and its not a comedy at all. It's a movie without genre. Unwatchable, horrible, awful. A very big crap!!!! Just save your money and see another movie.
  18. Aug 24, 2013
    It's without doubt the worst movie ever made!!!!!! I cannot believe it happened!!! All my favourite films are destroyed in Disaster Movie!!! That's why it is called Disaster.......! It's a disaster itself. The directors of this film are stupid!!!
  19. Aug 16, 2013
    I have never in my whole life experienced such as horrific nightmare as watching this horror. It is not even remotely funny, a storyline which was shockingly awful and childish and appauling acting. Un wacthable poop
  20. Aug 11, 2013
    I think I threw up a little.

No, I definitely threw up.

............................................................................................
  21. Aug 3, 2013
    Hollywood has never appeared more desperate and shameless as this utterly horrendous movie. Everything about it is worthless and gratuitous. It is so ironically disastrous. A spoof in which they are the joke.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    Disaster movie is, well, a disaster. It's a shame to all spoof movies, even worse than Date Movie and Epic Movie, which is saying a lot. I find the end credits song catchy, ironically, that's the only enjoyable part in this whole film.
  23. Jul 10, 2013
    You know I just regret the rating I gave it last time. I hate HATE HATE it, Entertainment Weekly, you guys are just crazy. I need to get tissues, Im crying just to think about it
  24. Jun 30, 2013
    I really don't know what to say except that every moron involved in this film from the director, producer, writer and cast members should not be involved in any movie as long as there alive. To put it simply Disaster Movie should only be used for torture.
  25. Mar 23, 2013
    As the title says this really is a Disaster movie! If you wish the best for your IQ, better don't watch it no matter what! I made the biggest mistake to watch this on cinema couple of years ago! My final score is 0/10
  26. Mar 3, 2013
    Disaster Movie is absolutely hilarious! It's so bad it turns out to be pretty good. When I first started it I thought it would be awful. But movies that are intentionally bad you should probably give a chance. I don't know why it got such bad reviews. Critics don't get that comedies are supposed to be funny, not a masterpiece.
  27. Feb 19, 2013
    I can't believe I wasted my money on a ticket and my time to see this, I guess that is two things I won't be getting back, the title of this movie says it all
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    This movie is realy a disaster. What for a noobwork is this, the cast is the worst you can have, the story is made by a baby who can't think about a good story. No humor and realy a movie you have to laugh about it because its so very stupid
  29. Jan 18, 2013
    Disaster Movie is a 2008 film directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Selter. The plot is non-existent as it is non-existent humor and entertainment. A 90-minute film full of boredom, silly jokes and not at all funny. The only salvageable scene of the movie is when Alvin and the Chipmunks take anger.
  30. Aug 14, 2012
    Another movie parody absurdly bad, without any grace. Except only the scene of "Juno" fighting and "Hannah Montana" crushed by the comet, but even this one is worth note 1.
  31. Jul 8, 2012
    One of the most ugly films I
  32. Jun 2, 2012
    One of the most ugly filsm ove ever seen, through sight and sound. The film has so many stupidly random piece of (supposed) comedy that dont fit with the pacing of the story in there that it feels like were watching a TV show and the channel changes. Then you have the diabolical script that will no matter whether your a film fan have your cringing at its poor dialogue and humour. Finally,One of the most ugly filsm ove ever seen, through sight and sound. The film has so many stupidly random piece of (supposed) comedy that dont fit with the pacing of the story in there that it feels like were watching a TV show and the channel changes. Then you have the diabolical script that will no matter whether your a film fan have your cringing at its poor dialogue and humour. Finally, the film looks like its literally come out an immature five year old who was day dreaming about the latest film he saw, ots so unbelievably bad that when i was young i came up with better dialogue and story. Absolutely awful. Expand
  33. Apr 30, 2012
    Painfully and insultingly unfunny. What the **** does Amy Winehouse, Alvin and the Chipmunks, American Gladiators, Miley Cyrus, Jessica Simpson, and countless other horribly spoofed figures and movies have to do with the disaster genre? This whole movie is nothing but stunningly bad jokes and impersonations, avoid this **** pile at all costs.
  34. Apr 22, 2012
    hahaha This movie gives me lots of laughter. Failure at its finest.
  35. Mar 16, 2012
    If you won't be turned away by the fact this movie is made by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, then the horrible acting, terrible special effects, and a ridiculously idiotic plot will. It's also not even remotely funny in ANY way.
  36. Mar 5, 2012
    Litarally the worst thing I've ever seen. The movie is just being mean to the summer movies it has to lose drastically to at the box office. The Scary movies were both funny and subtly referenced things. Only half of Scary Movie 3 was actually spoofing **** No ne should ever watch this awful piece of **** EVER!
  37. Nov 17, 2011
    worst movie ever made the title says it all burn your eyes . Its terrible not funny the plot is really stupid its a bout the end of the world but the plot and ending made it so damn stupid I want to kill myself after this experience
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    This movie is the biggest waste of time in all of film history. It is the biggest disaster ever as said in the name, even if the directors were trying to be stupid. Don't go see this movie it is a total disaster movie and it's one of my least favorite.
  39. Sep 18, 2011
    No other movie in history is preposterous as this piece of crap.
  40. May 8, 2011
    There was a few chuckles but the story was cliched and the acting was below average. I've definitely seen better comedies. And by the way, it looked like the movie was on a REALLY low budget.
  41. Apr 23, 2011
    **** dreadful. The princess was the only funny thing in this movie in an amusing way. Worst movie I have EVER SEEN. If it was an entire spoof on enchanted it MIGHT have worked.
  42. Mar 10, 2011
    Disaster Movie is just that a disaster there was only one funny part, I expected a lot more after watching Super Hero Movie, I wouldn't recommend this movie.
  43. Feb 3, 2011
    The film drifts along on an endless river of cheap, fake pop culture references, unreal famous people look alikes, and the predictable but humorous sex jokes. Although this is,like the last 3 or 4 spoofs freidberg and seltzer shabbily made, Its so easy and fun to watch, so sit back and watch kim kardashian wrestle carmen electra.
  44. Jan 12, 2011
    Easily the worst film of 2008. One of the worst films of all time. Disaster movie has no brains, no talent, no right to exist. The most offensively horrific film since "Monster A-Go Go", and that was over 40 years ago
  45. Jan 1, 2011
    This is the kind of movie that doesn't take popular things and makes jokes about them, it is the kind of movie that takes popular things and makes references to them. So how is that funny?
  46. Nov 4, 2010
    um, this movie may be funny, but it has some disgusting moments like the cat pooping in the toilet. very stupid of those retards.
  47. Oct 27, 2010
    I thought this movie was funny at first, but consider this: It was 3:00 am i was tired. Honestly i can sit with a strait face and almost completely pissed at Friedberg and Seltzer. What crap.
  48. Sep 5, 2010
    How does a movie like this get greenlighted. Clearly it's trying to follow in the footsteps in the superlative Scary Movie franchise. But Scary Movie films used their parodies to advance their inane plot. This just threw cameo after cameo and random scenes after random scenes, until literally 10 minutes into the movie (pretty much after the appearance of Flava Flave, for NO APPARENTHow does a movie like this get greenlighted. Clearly it's trying to follow in the footsteps in the superlative Scary Movie franchise. But Scary Movie films used their parodies to advance their inane plot. This just threw cameo after cameo and random scenes after random scenes, until literally 10 minutes into the movie (pretty much after the appearance of Flava Flave, for NO APPARENT REASON) I was totally and utterly fed up. By the hour mark, I honestly thought of running hard and far away. Hell Epic Movie was brilliant compared to this **** storm. The entire Juno slapstick becomes annoying after the first scene, and the Sex and The City sequence has got to be downright the dumbest scene ever created. A failure in every possible way. Expand
  49. Juan
    Jan 19, 2010
    They deserve the damn gallows. That's all I can say.
  50. AbbieB.
    Oct 22, 2009
    Damn, I predicted this would be s**t...me and a lot of other Youtubers...and we were right. I only needed to watch half of the movie via bootleg... wasted my time BUT saved money. Let's hope this is the last movie in the genre those noobs will make... But apparently, some ppl don't know when to quit, no matter how many times they are hit in the balls. And it could be a matter of Damn, I predicted this would be s**t...me and a lot of other Youtubers...and we were right. I only needed to watch half of the movie via bootleg... wasted my time BUT saved money. Let's hope this is the last movie in the genre those noobs will make... But apparently, some ppl don't know when to quit, no matter how many times they are hit in the balls. And it could be a matter of time before Uwe Boll makes a parody movie....oh god. Expand
  51. LukeD.
    Oct 17, 2009
    Awful, painfully unfunny and unwatchable comedy that if you even laugh once at I think you need help.
  52. LanceT
    Jul 25, 2009
    Horrible plot. satire, actors. just like all the rest of these types of movies, but this one would be running near the top for "Worst Movies of All Time", along with "Open Water".
  53. KeenanS
    Jun 15, 2009
    Disaster Movie is easily one of the worst films I've seen in recent memory, and was awful enough to be in my top five worst films. Disaster Movie is nothing more than one crappy parody after another about whatever the hell was popular in 2008, or even 2007. Don't watch this film unless you contemplate suicide, which if you do, this film will be more than happy to encourage you. Disaster Movie is easily one of the worst films I've seen in recent memory, and was awful enough to be in my top five worst films. Disaster Movie is nothing more than one crappy parody after another about whatever the hell was popular in 2008, or even 2007. Don't watch this film unless you contemplate suicide, which if you do, this film will be more than happy to encourage you. This film was absolutely excruciating, and was literally painful to watch to the point where not even my DVD player liked it. Stay far, far away from this piece of garbage. Expand
  54. GlenM
    Jun 1, 2009
    I have not seen any of these movies and you couldn't pay me to. But I have two comments. If it's as bad as everyone says criminals should be forced to watch it the same way as Alex is forced to watch the violence in Clockwork Orange. That'd keep them on the straight, the threat of having to endure it again. Secondly if you hated all their previous work why the **** did you I have not seen any of these movies and you couldn't pay me to. But I have two comments. If it's as bad as everyone says criminals should be forced to watch it the same way as Alex is forced to watch the violence in Clockwork Orange. That'd keep them on the straight, the threat of having to endure it again. Secondly if you hated all their previous work why the **** did you go to this?! Expand
  55. FranciscoM
    May 31, 2009
    This is not a movie... This is crap... Pure crap.
  56. Mark
    May 27, 2009
    The most insulting pile of filth I have ever watched. This disgusting excuse for a movie is proof that man kind is doomed.
  57. AnnthonyR
    May 18, 2009
    Only possible funny part is with the chipmunks, but the movie in general is trash.
  58. JY
    Apr 5, 2009
    Not one thing is good about this movie... no laughs, never felt so painful watching a movie.
  59. AmazingRando
    Mar 25, 2009
    Horrible, just horrible. I swear, no amount of bad movies can prepare for this POS of a movie. If you think movie characters from recent movies and famous celebrities swearing or making sex jokes is funny, then I'm sorry for you. I literally cried during this, I cried for the death for humor, I cried because there are people out there who laugh during stupid, retarded, childish crap Horrible, just horrible. I swear, no amount of bad movies can prepare for this POS of a movie. If you think movie characters from recent movies and famous celebrities swearing or making sex jokes is funny, then I'm sorry for you. I literally cried during this, I cried for the death for humor, I cried because there are people out there who laugh during stupid, retarded, childish crap like this. *SIGH* You know a movie is bad when it makes High School Musical look good in comparison. Expand
  60. DavidM.
    Feb 11, 2009
    Only appeals to teenagers and blow, will make every other age group snore through it. Seems to be made by simple minded people, for simple minded people.
  61. PatR
    Jan 26, 2009
    Complete waste of my time. Please dont watch this movie. Do something productive instead. I will now have an hour and a half of my life lost.
  62. xXxx
    Jan 22, 2009
    True, this movie was ridiculous, and stupid, but still, it obtains many laughs, especially from the teenage group it's obviously directed at... and considering I despised most of the movies it made parodies of like many other viewers, I found it amusing.. HM needs to follow the lead on there.
  63. KyleH.
    Jan 22, 2009
    This movie was so bad it was literally painful to watch. If there is TV in Hell, I bet it runs this movie on an endless loop and the remote is broken. They could easily market this as a horror movie by putting a disclaimer saying "Some People Actually Think This is Funny" on the bottom of the screen as the movie plays. I know I'm being redundant but this movie is the anti-goodness. This movie was so bad it was literally painful to watch. If there is TV in Hell, I bet it runs this movie on an endless loop and the remote is broken. They could easily market this as a horror movie by putting a disclaimer saying "Some People Actually Think This is Funny" on the bottom of the screen as the movie plays. I know I'm being redundant but this movie is the anti-goodness. Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg have reached a level of incompetence I thought only attainable by Uwe Boll. They are hacks that have no business making movies. There isn't a single funny or redeeming "joke" in this movie I use the word joke loosely as i don't think anything here qualifies as a joke. Their idea of humor is to recreate that annoying AT&T cell phone commercial and replace one of the words with fuck or to make D-list celebrity jokes that have been stale for years and aren't even relevant. There is one point where a guy who is supposed to be Michael Jackson but doesn't look anything like him appears out of the trunk of Speed Racer's car with Spridel and the monkey. Genius satire right? Bottom line:This is the worst movie I have ever seen, it's worse than plan 9 from outer space avoid this like the Bubonic Plague Expand
  64. AlexC
    Jan 9, 2009
    Attention, people who gave this a ten as a joke: you're not funny.
  65. DiegoL.
    Jan 5, 2009
    One of the worst "comedies" I've ever seen. If not THE worst.
  66. JayH
    Dec 26, 2008
    Not sure what the disaster in the title means, since it mocks a wide variety of films and celebrities. It is indeed a very bad film, but there is at least an occasional gag here and there that work, but no where near often enough. Gross, offensive and really stupid.
  67. MattT
    Dec 7, 2008
    Hmm.. Yes.. Certainly Random. However, it makes you laugh, im sure people are getting tired off these mickey take movies though, they've got to stop sometime
  68. FishboundReviews
    Nov 23, 2008
    I won't even provide a review this time, because all I have to say is, IT WAS A DISASTER!!!
  69. MikeC.
    Nov 18, 2008
    Witty, smart and oh so humorously clever, this movie sets the bar for the prestigious "Movie" genre. You all just aren't smart enough to get the subtleties of the jokes or of the magnificent writing.
  70. SeanA.
    Nov 3, 2008
    Why oh why do they still keep making these movies? I'm sure everyone under the sun still has better things to do in their life.
  71. TommyBoy
    Oct 25, 2008
    The title says it all. "Disaster Movie". At total waste of time and money. Take a pass on this one....terrible from beginning to end.
  72. JayW.
    Oct 11, 2008
    Great POPCORN MOVIE its definately the kind of leave ur brain at home kind of movie.
  73. Billx.
    Oct 11, 2008
    The worst film i have ever seen in my life.A waste of money and time.
  74. AcksL.
    Oct 1, 2008
    Terrible, terrible movie. I did laugh at the critisms though.
  75. JuliusH.
    Sep 29, 2008
    No words can describe how bad this movie is. This just sets the bar for their upcoming smash hit Spy Movie.
  76. GaryB.
    Sep 27, 2008
    It's like Epic Movie and Date Movie only worse. Grade school children have a better understanding of plot and what a successful parody is.
  77. AdamL.
    Sep 25, 2008
    Terrible. It makes you wonder who these idiots of filmmakers are trying to market to. I can't imagine any sane person enjoying this, let alone requiring a new parody movie for every single new trend in the movie industry. Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans, and now Disaster Movie? Who wants this crap? It blows me away.
  78. Anonymous
    Sep 22, 2008
    How do they get funding for these, dare I call them...movies??? This is trash in it's purist form. I watched the first 4 minutes, worst torture I've ever endured. This movie makes Epic Movie look like The Dark Knight. Yes, it's that terrible, horrible, and really, words do no justice to this stinkball "work" of a "movie".
  79. aDavis
    Sep 22, 2008
    Not one redeeming quality about it.
  80. PatriciaS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    This film has the perfect title, the film is a complete disaster.
  81. HarveyW.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Gripping. An odyssey of a tale that had me enthralled from beginning to end. A masterpiece of visual effects. Could quite possibly the best film of the year. Oscar Worthy.
  82. ben10
    Sep 17, 2008
    Haven't seen the film but even on IMDB site its voted the worst. shame on you people who went to see this even if you did give it a 0 rating. just by going to it you have given them enough money to make another. if you are reading this and have seen this then you deserve a fate worse than death for giving them your money.
  83. PeterW.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Not Great, but for no brained fun not bad :).
  84. Deanna
    Sep 14, 2008
    Christ. This was, without a doubt, the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Never, ever, ever waste an hour and a half of your life watching this. Not only is it lacking a plot, the parts that are meant to be 'funny' are really just pathetically dim-witted, and only amusing for a 5-year-old.
  85. MikeE
    Sep 13, 2008
    What the hell were they thinking? This is so damn horrible. I freakin' wasted my money on this piece of a**.
  86. ChrisM.
    Sep 13, 2008
    Definitely the best film i have ever seen it's shoe in to win best picture of the year!
  87. EN
    Sep 12, 2008
    Even worst than Epic Movie! I feel sorry that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer take the ''Movie'' in the name of their films. Zucker brother's ''Movies'' are way better.
  88. JackM.
    Sep 12, 2008
    I left the theater during Amy Winehouse's long burping scene....which was at the beginning.
  89. SomeOne
    Sep 10, 2008
    Normally I wouldn't criticise a film I had never seen, but Friedberg and Setzer waived that right after Epic Movie. No way am I paying for this crap again. I saw an ad in the paper for this film and there was a group shot of 20 characters. Not a single one of them was from a disaster film, which automatically tells me that this film sucks. How are Hellboy, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Normally I wouldn't criticise a film I had never seen, but Friedberg and Setzer waived that right after Epic Movie. No way am I paying for this crap again. I saw an ad in the paper for this film and there was a group shot of 20 characters. Not a single one of them was from a disaster film, which automatically tells me that this film sucks. How are Hellboy, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Juno, High School Musical, Kung Fu Panda etc. disaster films? Shouldn't a film called Disaster Movie involve, oh I don't know, some kind of disaster movie parodies? You'd have to be stupid to not see how ripe that genre is for parody... well, I guess this is Frienderg and Setzer we are talking about. Also, the fact that these no-talent hacks would try to rip off films such as Hellboy, Iron Man and Kung Fu Panda, ie. REAL films made by TALENTED people, is like spitting in the face of anyone who has ever made or watched an enjoyable movie. I think the Razzies should be renamed the Friedberg/Setzer Awards, because they are clearly the people/things who personify the worst aspects of the film industry better than anyone else. Expand
  90. JohnF
    Sep 9, 2008
    Cinematic brilliance. This movie surpasses mediocre pictures like The Godfather, There Will be Blood and No Country for Old Men. Disaster Movie should change its name to Winning every award ever made Movie, because thats what its going to do.
  91. JonK.
    Sep 7, 2008
    People need to stop going to see these "Vague Genre" Movies. Maybe then they'll stop making them. I'm not even going to waste my money to see the movie in order to write a proper review. I'm sending my message with a 0.
  92. KikB.
    Sep 6, 2008
    I've only seen the trailer, and usually a trailer is meant to make a movie look good but the trailer for Disaster Movie just explains it perfectly. This may be called the worst film ever. The humor is poor. This deserves to win all Razzie awards.
  93. LinC.
    Sep 5, 2008
    I can't say that I saw anything of value in this. You know, I often disagree with critics and with other reviews, so I usually don't read them. I have to say that I should have in this case. Pathetically poor execution of concept, total lack of connectivity, sad attempts at humor without clear groundlaying or even justification. What a waste, all the way around.
  94. RogerM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    Pretty close to as bad as it can possibly get. Likely the worst parody movie I've ever seen. The only fun you can squeeze out of this is to figure out who/what they try to mimic, and to do so faster than your neighbor. and before they simply say it themselves. Save your money. Go look at an almost empty intersection and watch the lights change instead. Just as entertaining, and a lot Pretty close to as bad as it can possibly get. Likely the worst parody movie I've ever seen. The only fun you can squeeze out of this is to figure out who/what they try to mimic, and to do so faster than your neighbor. and before they simply say it themselves. Save your money. Go look at an almost empty intersection and watch the lights change instead. Just as entertaining, and a lot cheaper. Expand
  95. AdamR.
    Sep 5, 2008
    This movie is guarentee'd to kill more of your braincells than any amount of alcohol will do to you from now till your grave. Hell, even drinking alcohol while watching this movie won't make it any better, it's just that terrible.
  96. WilliamW.
    Sep 4, 2008
    This movie was so bad. It truly was a disaster.
  97. AndyS.
    Sep 4, 2008
    I can't believe professional film makers would think this was a good idea for a film. Seltzer and Freidburg have nothign but contempt for their audience.
  98. EvanT
    Sep 4, 2008
    If you want to go see an actual GOOD spoof movie, go see Tropic Thunder. Or even better, Blazing Saddles.
  99. CharlesX.
    Sep 4, 2008
    Absolutely no effort at all. Production seemed incredibly rushed, and so did all the spoofs and parodies. Bottom of the barrel.
  100. alangfgf
    Sep 3, 2008
    Worst movie ever..Never laughed just constantly saying to myself ...how stupid. this rating is for first 30 minutes of movie, didnt see the rest ..switched theatres.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

It's too easy to say Disaster Movie deserves its title, but why put more effort into trashing it than the filmmakers did into writing it?
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Seldom has a pic been more appropriately titled than Disaster Movie, yet another frantically unfunny free-form farce.
  3. The movie is merciless sending up "Juno's" self-satisfied hipster gobbledygook, and it's quite funny to see Hannah Montana still promoting her tie-in products as she lies crushed and dying under a meteor.