8.0

1. Aug 13, 2014
    Amazing effects,great story,great actors and great characters.The movie have everything you want:action,Sci-Fi and some horror.I don't know what to say the movie is just amazing.
  2. Aug 9, 2014
    I didn't expect much from this movie, because it is science-fiction and I actually don't like science-fiction that much. Fortunately, this movie just blew my mind. Amazing! It was a thrill to watch, it wass gross (in a good way) and it was touching. Without a doubt a 10/10.
  3. May 15, 2014
    District 9 is one of those rare sci-fi movies that gets everything right. It manages to be a small movie while still being really good. Considering this, don't be quick to label this as some little weird hipster movie because it's not. It's reasonably sized and that balance is what makes it so awesome. Less is truly more in this case, but trust me there is a lot of solid action in it too. But it's meaningful because it progresses the plot. It's a shame that it was overshadowed by Avatar because it outperforms that movie in every way: the characters are grounded and believable, the setting is dystopian, (kind of in the vain of Bladerunner, which is my favorite movie) and in contrast to the largely present cartoonish CGI these days, the special effects are shockingly convincing. All these components work really well to portray a gripping story that incorporates realistic themes, while still not coming off pretentious and self important (*ahem* Avatar!) In short, the movie balances simplicity and complexity very well. Overall I left the theater feeling really satisfied. I really hope there's a sequel. Expand
  4. May 7, 2014
    Paths were ripped away before they were well-developed, and overall the movie should have been mediocre. Still, for whatever reason, I left the theater unusually satisfied.
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    It's classic, thrilling, it's just amazing. From the acting and storytelling to the visuals and effects, it's a tremendous accomplishment. This intense sci-fi is a must-see.
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    An excellent, modern sci fi interpretation of apartheid. Kept me captivated and enthralled all the way through. First you begin disliking the prauns, but as the plot progresses, I began to sympathize with them. The cinematography is phenomenal, a work of art in its own. The only thing that bugs me, and keeps me from giving district 9 a 10 is the ending. It's too ambiguous for my liking.
  7. Feb 7, 2014
    This film far exceeded my expectations. Seamless transition through genres, beautifully developing characters, extremely exciting and bizarely moving. Only one character that i feel could have done with a little more development or back story, but its only a tiny issue in an otherwise fantastic film. I think district 9 is original and clever and an altogether excellent film.
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Really good movie, with a slow beggining, but an incredible conclusion. Worth watching. I hope they make a sequence for it. Just didn't like some incoerent acts by the protagonist part.
  9. Oct 25, 2013
    An allegorical satire of Apartheid, represented by a sci-fi action film. Also comes into the film is its gritty violence, profane dialogue, and dystopian view of Johannesburg. The photography and CGI are stunning and astonishing. Sharlto Copley is under-exaggerated from his spellbinding performance. 'District 9' is a well crafted and wriiten political message of the horrid effects of segregation. Neill Blomkamp is a new breed of sci-fi filmmaker. Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2013
    At first I tought that it will be another action film from the bunch, but after I saw it I really appreciated that that was not the case, until the -almost- very end; I felt that became that part of the bunch that I didn't wanted it to become, but quickly moved away from it to focus on the plot. The political feel was amazing. It is something more than just a Sunday blockbuster.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    A story that could have made an awful or a great film turned out to be the latter. Style of prose and filming really suited what the film was aspiring to be, and an all-time favourite for me.
  12. Sep 8, 2013
    I love District 9! The way it's presented is original and fresh and provides a great new change to your typical sci-fi action film. The story is gripping and provides a great concept and is surprisingly believable and allows you to immerse yourself in the film. The acting is great and convincing, despite the unrealistic premise. The film is difficult to fault, however, I could say that it is inconsistent and switches to a very different action based film about halfway through which makes you forget about all the other interesting ideas and themes being presented previously in the film. Overall it's a must watch film! Expand
  13. Aug 28, 2013
    If you watch cinema today you know originality has been down the and there's been an almost severe lack of great science fiction (say "2001" or "Blade Runner"). However of all the films to come out in 2009 I feel "District 9" surpasses the likes of "Avatar" or "Transformers 2" proving that even on a incredibly lower budget that CGI is maturing rapidly beyond "expenses" and "limitations".

The answer to a failed "Halo" movie, a lot of people have already condemned this movie for having no originality due to the fact that there are so many prior movies sharing similarities (e.g "The Fugitive", "The Fly", "Alien Nation", "Independence Day" e.t.c)

Even though this movie contains many elements of those certain films (few I think fall flat), this still stands strong as something completely different from what we've seen for a long time and manages to include a lot of heavy themes such as Racism, Poverty and Corruption. As for the actual film WOW! America doesn't get invaded this time (I'm British by the way), No actually it lands in Africa (where the director and most of his cast originated).

Aliens land not with gifts of wisdom or shiny utopia's but sickness and famine, Sent away to live in the slums outside the city of Johannesburg, "District 9" becomes a breeding ground for gangs, shantytowns and clearly the beginning of something much worse, among them a simple employee from the governments anti-Alien company "MNU" will soon become the answer to either to company prayers or the Aliens salvation.

Sharlto Copley did a superb job as our main character, for a first time role I'm very pleased he's career has got to such a good start, Supporting cast do terrific jobs building a real sense of dirt, tension and prejudice that really brings out the realism of this movie, Again clearly it's Sci-Fi but why do I feel I could switch on the news now and see a country pull itself apart as depicted in this movie?

Neil Blomkamp & Peter Jackson have made something truly special, I feel Blomkamp is trying to show a little bit more than what regulations would usually let us see but including Aliens in the mix as a substitute could very much threaten any underlying message they were going for, Either way "District 9" was solid entertainment and to me began a tradition that we will have at least one exceptionally great Sci-Fi movie each year since. 10/10
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    District 9 is one of those few movies that sticks with you. It is baffling how great this movie, with such a simple premise. I'll get it out of the way quickly that the acting and cinematography are spot on, but what makes the movie great is that it surprisingly pulls you in emotionally, with very good, and at times very original action scenes and moments. The story keeps you guessing and gets more and more intense as it goes along, and there's really no reason not to recommend this movie. Expand
  15. May 11, 2013
    District 9 is one of the best sci-fi movies of the past decade and the list doesn't stop there. It's an incredible debut for both its director and its lead actor. It was modestly budgeted but still managed to have some of the best visual effects around. And it's all held together by a lean, politically charged, and well realized script. It even gets you to feel sad for the aliens. It could have used less F bombs, but it's still a great movie, and it deserved all of its Oscar nominations. It also deserves a decent sequel. Expand
  16. Mar 9, 2013
    Though Avatar overloaded on visuals, District 9 stomps all over Avatar making it the best sci-fi film ever{Besides Avatar was pretty bad anyway}. Its possible the best film of all time as well.
  17. Feb 24, 2013
    This film really surprised me, brilliant in so many way. The thing that caught my attention right away was the documentary sections. I did not think it could be so appealing, but the mockumentary strategy really sets this film apart from every other lame alien movie. It makes the entire story feel so real. Brilliant filmmaking! For a relatively low budget, indie film, I was surprised by how great the special effects were. The action scenes were awesome, as were the aliens. I also really liked the gory parts of the film, it works. I was also very surprised by the acting, particularly by first time actor, Sharlto Copley. He gives a very strong and emotional performance that really carried the film and added a great level of emotion and intensity to the film. This is an absolutely fantastic movie. Right alongside Avatar as one of the best films of 2009! Expand
  18. Jan 27, 2013
    What happens when Peter Jackson joins Neil Blomkamp in a sci-fi movie?. An original story, stuning visual effects, and a impresive acting by Sharlto Copley, makes and amazing movie
  19. Dec 22, 2012
    District 9 can be broken down into two halves, the situation and characters are introduced through a combination of documentary style interviews, both present and retrospective, and news reports. This approach serves first time director Neill Blomklamp well, as not only is it intriguing and different, but its a fairly cheap method (the films budget was only $30 million and it took in over seven times this at the box office). Following the introductory first half, the action switches to following Wikus as his troubles begin to increase.
    The social commentary (calling it an undertone would be to pretend it is discreet) of the film is evident and could be transferred to any group of 'outsider's in any population. The issue has been covered by many reviewers far better than I could attempt to do so I'll just leave it at that.

Blomkamp deserves credit for his unique take on the alien's arrival to Earth. So often potrayed as violent, destructive and more importantly, the dominant species, Blomkamp's aliens are food deprived, malnourished and although restless, they are successfully policed by the humans and treated as a species (or race, there goes that social commentary aspect again) with basic human rights. Consider Ridley Scott and James Cameron's Aliens being politely asked to sign a deportation order for relocation to another camp.

The main protagonist Wikus is played by little known South African actor Sharlto Copley. Copley's performance and transformation of Wikus from a vain and smug executive to hunted, desperate and sacrificing fugitive are tremendous and he deserves the recognition for his role as actor and also producer of the short film Alive in Joburg upon which District 9 is based. I found the final act of the film, culimanting in the final scene, genuiely emotional, which considering that the previous twenty minutes had become a bit of a gunfest is credit again to Blomkamp.
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    Although the confusion of humans understanding an alien language and vice versa is never addressed, this film emotionally involves the viewer to a degree most films cannot reach and keeps them focused and involved throughout its whole, original entirety.
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    Neill Blomkamp makes his directorial debut with "District 9", a movie that caught me by surprise. The movie initially caught my eye when it was featured as one of the ten movies nominated for Best Picture at the 82nd Academy Awards, and I've had high expectations ever since. However, after watching "District 9" I can safely say that those expecations have been undoubtedly destroyed. Neill Blomkamp creates the most intelligently crafted science-fiction films I've seen since "Inception". He utilizes an incredibly innovative documentary-style cinematography to create a tangible sense of realism. Another remarkable aspect of this movie is the fact that this film was created on an incredibly modest budget, and it raked in about seven times the amount of the funds at the box office. Pretty good stuff. The movie also features an unbelievably affecting performance from then first-time actor Sharlto Copley. He really does a fantastic job at illustrating all of the trials that his character, Wikus Van Der Merwe, has to endure. I was entertained throughout the entire duration of "District 9" and I would gladly watch it many more times. Expand
  22. Nov 25, 2012
    District 9 is a sci-fi film of 2011 directed by Neill Blomkamp. In the 80s an alien ship stops over Johannesburg. The ship remains stationary and after three months the state of South Africa decides to send soldiers to explore the ship and find a group of aliens in poor conditions, because of their appearance, are nicknamed "prawns" (derogatory term with which they are called). Brought to earth the relationship between them and humans is very tense and difficult and therefore are confined in District 9 and controlled by MNU, a multinational company that says they want to help the relationship between humans and aliens but really want to discover the secrets of arms the "prawns". After 20 years since their arrival, the villagers are fed up and demand that the aliens are moved. It is the task of Wikus van Merwe to move the aliens. The film is really a very original: the aliens that are in all respects immigrants who are misunderstood and despised by humans. A film about various topics such as racism and integration. The whole story is told in the first part as a mockumentary and the second as a normal film starring a man (Wikus) and insecure coward who understand the hard way how they live aliens. Excellent special effects (especially the way in which they were made aliens). Expand
  23. Sep 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. District 9 is a sci-fi action movie about a huge alien spaceship which crashes onto Earth. Humans go inside the ship and find loads of aliens which look like a cross between a human and a prawn. All the aliens inside the ship were later enslaved and forced to leave the spaceship and live in a shanty town where they are being watched and guarded heavily by the military. Then there is a man who has taken a great interest into the aliens, he has researched the origin of the aliens and has learned their language. He goes around the shanty town asking aliens to sign a form. later on he finds a strange alien device from one of the alien Expand
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    Wow. This film is on another planet to most sci-fi films. A true classic that will surely develop a cult following in years to come. The emotional arc within the plot is truly outstanding and I really did not see the ending coming. Sharlto Copley was fantastic and though I found his accent hard to understand at times I did not mind as it is obviously a different accent to that of which we are mostly used to (unless you have some connection to South Africa). The underlying message was crystal clear for everyone to see and unless you are oblivious to all that went on in South Africa/Rhodesia you would be hard-pushed to find a more emotional sci-fi thriller. I had never heard of Neill Blomkamp before this but this would have been my choice for Best Picture, Best Director and maybe even Best Actor. Expand
  25. Jun 6, 2012
    A Really Good Movie!
    Very Strange And Creative!
  26. May 14, 2012
    One of the best science fiction movie of the late 200x years.

It is a mixture of good ingredients, an interesting setting where humans are dominating aliens in the perfectly matching modern African setting, and a heavily action packed story. It lies slightly on the dystopian side of the line, the main protagonist can't be said to be the likable good guy type of characters, he's not
    special in any way, he does his job because he has to, like a puppet in this corporation ruled world, without thinking too much about the moral side of his actions.

The action is great, the alien technology is pretty decent, it's advanced and interesting enough without being overpowered. We also don't get lost in explanations about how the alien technology might work, the kind of details I love to read about in good science fiction books, but that only would have made the movie less believable because of how usually rubbish and dumbed down these explanations are in movies (sigh, I'm a physicist).

The documentary style is unusually good, unnoticeable when the action is taking place and emphasized when it should be.

I can only hope for a sequel.
  27. Apr 4, 2012
    Overall a solid movie. Depicts a realistic scenario of alien presence on Earth, and the treatment of them by humans. Unlike many movies involving extraterrestrial activity on Earth, the aliens are NOT the antagonists, but rather a private military corporation known as Multi-National United. The movie is set in Johannesburg, South Africa during modern times. The visuals are stunning, and there is no shortage of intense (but not mindless) action. The weapons and technology the aliens use are also impressive. But the clear message the movie sends is that the aliens are not invaders, but rather intergalactic travelers who are shipwrecked on an unfamiliar planet, and fall victim to human evils such as oppression and discrimination. I thought overall this movie was quite original for a sci-fi action flick, and forces the audience to change their perspective of aliens coming to Earth. Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2012
    District 9 is an excellent sci-fiction movie. The interesting story line makes the film different than other sci-fiction movies. The movie is mixed with some comedy and strong visuals. It is something you defenitly want to see.
  29. Jan 15, 2012
    As much as I love the plot, setting and supporting characters. It is Sharlto Copley playing a Afrikaner bureaucrat who is reluctant, self serving, but not devoid of empath who makes this film. The increasing level of insanities he has to endure make it exciting to watch and believable due to his performance. The outstanding CGI helps too. The 'Prawns' are as real as the brilliant pacing. The music is excellent too. 'Christopher' the computer graphics alien engineer as believable as anyone else.

Ugly is beautiful in this case.
  30. Dec 12, 2011
    (September 25, 2009)
    First off, if you have not seen this movie yet, stop reading this review, and go invest in a ride through District 9. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. This film deserves to be up there with the greatest sci fi films of all time. Really, even labeling this as just a sci fi film is almost an insult. The basic idea of the plot may not seem that ingenious just by
    word of mouth, but when you witness the story play out, the story as a whole shines out as its own creative new brand. Just the way this film was marketed was brilliant; signs on the sides of buses saying for human use only, a phone number to call and report alien activities, and a website with back information on MNU (the company responsible for all the alien activities). The documentary style also pushes the realism this story brings, but I am glad they did not do the whole film in this style, because I know films with âshaky camâ? can be a huge turn off for people. And it is not just the plot that is phenomenal in this piece. These are some of the best CG effects ever conceived in a film. Never before have I felt so much emotion towards a creature on the screen that was not actually there. Just the way the people interact with the Prawns (the name for the aliens) as if they were really there is a sight to see. Emotion is a key word in this film; District 9 will tug on every inch of human emotion inside your body. This film did get the R rating, and with good reason. This movie is full of gore and many droppings of the F bomb, but there was never one time that I felt any of this was out of place. This movie without the big infusions of violence would not be the same emotionally at all. I had been researching information on this film for about four months before its release to see what it was all about, and I have to tell you my expectations were high. And for this film to still surprise me and just completely blow me away, they must have done something right. This film leaves such a huge impact on the audience in so many ways, I cannot see how someone could walk away from this movie and feel disappointed. There are little things people will complain about, but when you wrap it all up, this is as flawless as a movie gets. In my opinion this movie deserves more praise than anything else that has came out this year so far, so get out there and announce this masterpiece to the world. Expand
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    At first, I was hesitant due to the overlong opening credits sequence but was blown away by the rest of the film. While I normally despise the overuse of CGI in modern cinema, this film is an example of how to use it both properly and effectively. The aliens look amazing and are nearly always perfectly in sync with the human characters. It is also a highly original concept; in most alien sci-fi films, the aliens come to Earth to destroy our planet, but here they want a peaceful co-existence with mankind, at least that is the basic premise of the plot. In other words, the cliche is reversed in that humans are seen as the main villains and not the aliens, due to the fact all the humans want to exploit the alien technology and make billions in profits. The film also sports some homages to earlier films of this genre, most notably Independence Day (1996), due to the huge mothership that is floating above the city of Johannes burg but never attacks or even moves, and of course the human-alien creature the main character gradually transforms into is a direct reference to The Fly, with similar make-up effects and scenes that show the phenomenon up close, without looking away. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the film as far as it went and I await a sequel with great anticipation. Expand
  32. Oct 11, 2011
    This film catered to me on so many levels it quickly became my favourite, I never tire of watching it. District 9 has a premise that would not have been out of place in a classic SF novella, frenetic action sequences informed by modern video game titles, it's funny, disgusting and exhilarating. Watch for the Afrikaans humour littered throughout.
  33. Oct 5, 2011
    Great film. Unique and highly enjoyable. From the click language of the prawn-like aliens to the properly done documentary style beginning, I enjoyed this film. A classic Sci-Fi on a small budget. brilliant. Sharlto Copley is brilliant.
  34. Sep 25, 2011
    Not only is it an excellent sci-fi movie(Which is rare), it's an excellent movie in general. It has plenty of action, decent editing, and a lot more. Sure, the script may be so-so, but the rest of this is a fantastic movie. JUST NOTE THAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE BEING RIPPED TO SHREDS DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  35. Sep 23, 2011
    This bizarre SF movie, appropriately structured using documentary styled filming, is simply one of the year's best movies that effectively acknowledges the audience of racial discrimination.
  36. Sep 17, 2011
    district 9 is the best movie i have seen up to this moment. i loved every bit of it. the action is brutal, the characters are believable, and there is a clear message. that's right: district 9 is about stuff! seriously, do not miss out on this movie!
  37. Sep 13, 2011
    Next Peter Jackson's movie and next amazing movie!
    This movie is other than all Action, Sci-Fi movies. It holds in tension and tells excellent story. Story is the best in this movie but all is really great. This is ones of my favorites movies and i advice District 9 every Sci-Fi fans.
  38. Aug 14, 2011
    Jaw-dropping, amazing, epic, masterpiece, touching... I could go on forever. The acting was unbelievably good (especially Sharlto Copley), and the message truly delivers. It makes you stuck to the screen till the end, and your heart pound faster throughout the movie. One of the best sci-fi movie in existence.

Nice job. I hope Neill Blomkamp decides to make a sequel.
  39. Aug 2, 2011
    First off, a very original movie. The story here is not so much interesting, as the way it is executed. The viewer stick to the character of Vikus who`s just another yupie guy in pursuit of a career. He is to lead the operation of transporting thousands of aliens. It all goes wrong and he must fight to survive. In a matter of hours he becomes public enemy number one and has to flee to the alien camp. The aliens are interesting as they posses human like features. They resemble humans in many ways. They are not here to destroy earth or exterminate humans. They are stranded somewhere in the universe and it happens to be earth. The special effects are exceptionally well done, the music is great and acting is average. A very interesting story showing that aliens from another world don`t always have to be blood-thirsty invaders. Expand
  40. May 29, 2011
    Sorry, mechanical translation. Sentient Beings Our man-Wikus Van De Merwe Sharlto Copley / MNU-Alien Affairs "We meet at the headquarters of the Department of Foreign Aliens MNU. "What we do here in this department ... is trying to establish contact with the shrimp, in the interests of MNU and humans." Sensitive people of any age and during the movie experience a natural intellectual intuition, their thinking suffered a further violent jolt, a little later. Some goals are reassessed, some set aside, and others reformulated. Initially, the camcorder shoulder creates a slight sense of unease that is gradually disappearing when you start face to face with the new extra-refugees, their history and the many key points to ensure, without any filters. Why, for example, the Nigerian government has created a lot 'of problems with Sony's presence in the film of figure Obesandjo Eugene Khumbanyiwa /? Everything has always been seemingly formless, mysterious, becomes perfectly understandable. The consequence of this new state of being, the reason will inevitably take place, is the unleashing of an infinite number of emotions. Even phobias, probably tend to decrease. The exoskeleton is not afraid, surely you realize that the real "enemy" is to be found in other forms of life, perhaps similar to ours in that? Shrimp, aliens, strangers, "Poleepkwa" or non-humans are sentient beings, that is fitted with a brain and a fully developed nervous system. And 'any sentient being who is suffering physically and mentally. We can not know why they come, are higher than humans, have a hard outer shell and a face full of tendrils mass, probably involved in chewing, but was not tried. They have a great forza.Christopher Johnson is one of them is a non-human, but very, very, special ... his history with the violent impact of Wikus Van De Merwe Sharlto Copley / A question and some topics covered by the director. Wikus will be easy to trigger the clearing operations? Nepotism and factionalism. The role of the bureaucracy. Apartheid, its consequences. The DNA of the galaxy. Illegal weapons and cat food. A not-too-happy marriage /. Elimination, cleanup and removal of mass effect. The choices of power vs. the power to choose. Disease and loneliness. Genetic mutation. Weapons of mass destruction. Science and Power. The Taste of Power. The media. Crisis and the end of a regime. The different origins. A new friend Sir Peter Jackson producer known to the general public for his work on The Lord of the Rings, he sensed in the script by Neill Blomkamp director and co-writer / Terri Tatchell with a new, penetrating way of presenting a drama, epic, united in while a thin, bodily humor. He pointed and won. So I understand. Good Clicks! Expand
  41. May 23, 2011
    First impression, wow. Just... wow. A gore fest, shaky documentary, stunning sci-fi and drama all in one, here is the first sci-fi splatter drama in ten years that can be considered a masterpiece. Directed by a newcomer named Neill Blomkamp, District 9 shows us a story of freedom centered on the turning point in the life of Wikus (a surprising performance by non-professional Sharlto Copley), a field operative fresh from promotion. He's hired to lead the eviction of the "prawns" (the creepy aliens) but something terrible happens to him that will change his life forever. A Blair-Witch-Project-meets-Independence-Day film, District 9 demonstrates beautiful storytelling. It's filmed in a documentary style that would recall Cloverfield. I guess that film contributed a lot to Neill Blomkamp, who deserves a best director Oscar nomination for this one. It's a blast directorial debut and I'll be patiently waiting for more from this Canadian filmmaker. District 9 is a very big achievement in terms of its technical qualities. The visual and sound effects were all complex. Add to that the voices of our sympathetic aliens. The pacing was also brilliant. All action, the film becomes more thrilling after the twist that'll very much change the life of our main character. Above all, District 9 is one of the best of the sci-fi genre. It's moving and terrifying (not to mention totally humble) in the same degree and I just love it. It's more than what most of us expected. Expand
  42. May 7, 2011
    @All the people that gave negative scores, most of you people aren't even from South Africa. So don't call this movie racist or unrealistic if you don't understand the conditions here. It was very realistic and it was done with a relatively low budget. I don't like the unrealistic Hollywood movies of today, for instance:all the UFO's conveniently land in North America, and all the aliens are always hostile. The gore is NOT unrealistic, of course with that technology something like people exploding would happen. The script was also very realistic. Expand
  43. Jan 24, 2011
    This movie is absolutely incredible, not only does it mix the idea of alien refugee's coming to a foreign world, but it also has a lot of content that relates to racial disputes during South Africa's apartheid.
  44. Jan 15, 2011
    wow, this movie is some serious thing. the story is great, the script, the message, the everything! i'm not a big fan of sci-fi genre but this really amazed me.
  45. Dec 11, 2010
    Simply put, this movie is astounding. It provides an original sci-fi story, the acting is superb, the script is well written, the effects are fantastic for the budget they had, the action is heart-pumping, there's some great emotion, and even some funny jokes. Overall, District 9 is a great sci fi movie that will go down in movie history as one of the best scifi movies ever.
  46. Nov 6, 2010
    It is a great movie, and every science fiction fan should watch it. The story is quite unique from one perspective, because in this movie the aliens are not the threat to us - we are the threat to the aliens. The story is also great and not hard to follow, the characters have very sharp personalities.
    Overall it's a very good movie, I had a lot of fun, so check it out!
    I give it 9/10
  47. Oct 17, 2010
    Grand.I wanna se halo movie to
  48. Oct 9, 2010
    This movie is an epic sci-fi movie. A fictional documentary style movie tht captures a persons attention and heart. I absolutely loved every minute of this film and can't recommend it enough.
  49. Oct 8, 2010
    This film is amazing simply because it is so frickin realistic and you will have no idea what you have sat down to watch. And it is original because it pulls off everything every other movie has been attempting to do for years. A must see. GO NZ!!

1. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Every now and then, a film comes along that both defies and compels description. District 9 is one such movie: a science-fiction action vehicle so brilliantly and fully imagined that real life, when it resumes after the credits, arrives with a new sense of dread.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Grabs you by the eyeballs from the very first frame.
  3. Reviewed by: Daniel Engber
    As an allegory of racial conflict and mass immigration, District 9 never really goes anywhere: The appealing premise fades into the background before 20 minutes have elapsed.