7.4

1. PatrickC.
    May 7, 2007
    It is boring. David Morse is over the top. The movie tries to be suspensful but leaves you in your sit waiting for suspense. But Shia LaBeouf is the movie's saving grace. He is very good and plays the troubled teen well. But the film is over all not worth the time or money.
  2. KenG
    May 17, 2007
    Since Hitchcock is one of the greatest directors movies have ever had, and "Rear Window" was one of his greatest films, it's really not fair to condem this movie because it's not as good as "Rear window", as a lot of people seem to want to do. The fact is, on its own terms, this movie is a clumsy mess, with a script that was in need of a major rewrite.
  3. JasonJ.
    May 29, 2007
    This movie and it's premise have been made before. One of the movies that this movie rips off is called Fright Night. Oh, sorry, this ones a serial killer and the other one was a vampire that killed people. Are we really running out of ideas as a culture? How sad. Hey, I have an idea... how about a movie with teenagers getting killed in a cabin out in the woods? Later.
  4. Peter
    Jul 22, 2007
    Eyes are large for the box office and small for truth in this teenage exploitation flick. Now lets see his father dies in a motor accident in the most gruesome way you could imagine. He then punches out his school teacher, is then found guilty of a assault and sentenced to 3 months house arrest. He's living next door to a hot babe, Oh and by the way his other neighbor is a serial Eyes are large for the box office and small for truth in this teenage exploitation flick. Now lets see his father dies in a motor accident in the most gruesome way you could imagine. He then punches out his school teacher, is then found guilty of a assault and sentenced to 3 months house arrest. He's living next door to a hot babe, Oh and by the way his other neighbor is a serial murderer. All of this could work if the director wasn't such a lame. Caruso ends up turning this into a pathetic teen romance and nothing is said about the emotional scaring of such events on young lives. No ambiguity, no looking into the heroes eyes and feeling for him. Movies like this can be enjoyed if you can discipline yourself from thinking. But I guess that is very much the modern American film industry. Expand
  5. ChrisC
    Apr 26, 2007
    A good premise gone terribly wrong. A promising idea is plagued by poor pacing and characters impossible to believe. The main character suspects the killer for absolutely no reason, and just happens to be right. Way too much time is spent on the obligatory-seeming teen romance to the point that all of the good aspects of the movie are obscured.
  6. GaborA.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Tries the trick of having a slow buildup to try to fool some critics into thinking this movie has characters. But in the end instead of going from stupid to more stupid like its genre neighbors it simply goes from boring to stupid.
  7. ArmondA.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I feel a little guilty giving this film such a low rating when the real failure took place in my brain. What possessed me to pick the dvd off the store shelf? The title ?? The box ??? ... Knowing that I don't enjoy certain types of films, such as "chop-socky", teen-slasher, and anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey, I just don't watch them, and then I don't inflict my I feel a little guilty giving this film such a low rating when the real failure took place in my brain. What possessed me to pick the dvd off the store shelf? The title ?? The box ??? ... Knowing that I don't enjoy certain types of films, such as "chop-socky", teen-slasher, and anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey, I just don't watch them, and then I don't inflict my predictably low opinion of any given example of such "stuff". Let me just say that having missed the clues that should have warned me away from a rather typical teen-slasher-T-and-A-exercise, I did learn that not much has changed in this type of Hollywood product over 50 years, in the social attitudes depicted-- When this teen-hero reaches voting age he'll be reaching for the trusty old Republican lever. It's the picture of bland, mentally dead youngsters as PROTAGONISTS that entitles the movie to be called DISTURBIA. Expand
  8. ChadD.
    Apr 15, 2007
    It's your average teenage flick. Nothing original. The story is credited to Christopher Landon? Why? What did he do? Came up with the story... um... a guy stuck in his house sees a crime... but instead of being in a wheel chair, he'll be under house arrest. And instead of being a man, he'll be a teen so all the teens will go see it!" hahaha. YIKES! The movie was ok...the It's your average teenage flick. Nothing original. The story is credited to Christopher Landon? Why? What did he do? Came up with the story... um... a guy stuck in his house sees a crime... but instead of being in a wheel chair, he'll be under house arrest. And instead of being a man, he'll be a teen so all the teens will go see it!" hahaha. YIKES! The movie was ok...the actor made it. The story has many loop holes. Go see FINAL DESTINATION 1,2, 3, 14.... they're better. T Expand
  9. JustinB.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I can't believe this movie has gotten good reviews. It was terrible. The acting was laughable (not in a good way), the story could have been coughed up by a four-year-old, and there were only 10 minutes of actual excitement. Sarah Roemer was attractive, Shia LaBeouf was goofy, and David Morse was a good actor and creepy as hell. There's not much more to say.
  10. RogerD.
    Apr 19, 2007
    This is a TEEN MOVIE being sold as a Hitchock style thriller. The leads are teens, they do a lot of thinking about the opposite sex, and they joke around like teens! The story itself is rather perposterous and is driven by events that are very unbelievable. Be warned: this is a TEEN MOVIE---stay away if you are over 19 years!
  11. Victor
    Sep 10, 2007
    Possibly the worst movie I have seen this year, when you consider the studio and the resources. A total hack job - I don't know how it got decent reviews - it was god awful - please stay away.
  12. ShawnL.
    Apr 15, 2007
    The name of the movie is the best thing about it. But, there was nothing disturbing about this movie. Pretty boring, nothing happened. Fell asleep. The characters were cool, but was expecting a suspense thriller, not, an afternoon TV special.
  13. GeoffW.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Loose, weak film relying on poor shock value alone.
  14. JOJO
    Aug 25, 2007
    A predictable , painful and unimaginative ripoff of Hitchcock. If you have never seen a Hitchcock movie, then you may find it exciting and suspenseful.
  15. brotherT
    Jan 19, 2008
    Absolutely diabolical. I saw it for free and I still think I was ripped-off.
  16. Keith
    Aug 17, 2007
    a majority of the film was exactly what i expected it to be: a sequence of the most predictable cliches in modern horror cinema. the ending, however, even exceeded my expectations by succeeding in becoming the most shamelessly far-fetched and messy hodge podge i can ever remember seeing in a movie. Disturbia is garbage. it gets one point for visual appeal and the faintest glimmer of a majority of the film was exactly what i expected it to be: a sequence of the most predictable cliches in modern horror cinema. the ending, however, even exceeded my expectations by succeeding in becoming the most shamelessly far-fetched and messy hodge podge i can ever remember seeing in a movie. Disturbia is garbage. it gets one point for visual appeal and the faintest glimmer of promise very early on in the story that it later crushes to bits. Expand
  17. PeterW.
    Mar 3, 2008
    A predictable mash-up of Rear Windows and Silence of the Lambs.

1. Reviewed by: John Maynard
    LaBeouf is appealing as the frustrated shut-in, and comic-relief cred goes to Aaron Yoo, who plays his neurotic buddy Ronnie. The ending, though, drags, and the film quickly shifts from a clever homage to "Rear Window" to a bad parody of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  2. The bloody wrap-up isn't handled especially well, and I must confess that the most shocking thing about the movie was the casting of Carrie-Anne Moss as a suburban mom. I kept expecting her "Matrix" skills to show up in the final reel.
    There are no big surprises, but the jumps and jolts are well timed and the overall mood is at once grisly and good-natured -- more diverting than disturbing.