Weinstein Company, The | Release Date: December 25, 2012
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 1947 Ratings
1,758
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
ElmacroNov 29, 2016
Una gran película con otra gran actuación de Christoph Waltz. El guion de la historia bastante buena y entretenida que hace mantener las miradas a la pantalla sin ningún tipo de descanso.
Tss5078Nov 28, 2016
Quentin Tarantino is one of the most unique and interesting writer/directors in all of Hollywood, a man who's style and wit seem to transcend time and history, but would he be able to apply this talent to slavery and the wild west, I had myQuentin Tarantino is one of the most unique and interesting writer/directors in all of Hollywood, a man who's style and wit seem to transcend time and history, but would he be able to apply this talent to slavery and the wild west, I had my doubts. Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) is not your typical bounty hunter, as he has a very unique and unorthodox way of getting his job done. Schultz thinks the best way to shock people is to free a slave, make him his partner, and let him ride into town and stay with him wherever he goes, which usually leads to shock, outrage, and more N words than your typical Jay-Z album. Eventually the successful duo goes in search of Django's wife, who is being held at the plantation of a truly evil man, Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). In order to get her back, the two attempt to con the southern "gentleman", but will everything go as planned? This film is vintage Tarantino, filled with the unique characters you won't find anywhere else, ridiculous cameos you'd never expect, tremendous back and fourth dialogues, and of course the unexpected. as everything and anything will happen. Every actor under Tarantino's direction has a way of stepping up their game in his films, but Christoph Waltz was truly spectacular. There is a good reason he won the 2012 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, as somehow he manages to give an even stronger performance than he did in Inglorious Bastards. I really can't say enough about Tarantino, and out of all his films, this was the one I was the least excited about, but as it turns out, Django may actually be one of the best films he's ever done, and it is now the newest entry on our list of must see movie! Expand
pdw123Sep 19, 2016
This is proof that Tarantino can take the exploitation genre into territory exploring America's most serious social issues. What a film! And David Edelstein of NPR can just get off his preachy sanctimony about this not being one of the year'sThis is proof that Tarantino can take the exploitation genre into territory exploring America's most serious social issues. What a film! And David Edelstein of NPR can just get off his preachy sanctimony about this not being one of the year's 10 best because of the violence. And anyway, what does he know about film that we don't, he's on Fresh Air and so above the rest of us in his ivory tower of film criticism? I'd like to tell David, get a clue, exploitation cinema IS fantasy violence and Americans need to get a clue about all the real violence that was in the slavery era anyway because this subject has been too watered down in the past and with the series "Roots" also, good grief!! And this is not among the 12 best, it is one of THE VERY BEST along with Lincoln and best films ever made in the history of cinema! Samuel Jackson, Jamie Foxx, Leonardo Dicaprio should have major awards forthcoming! Expand
shiftworkerAug 22, 2016
My, how nasty that nice young Mr Di Caprio can act. My, how brutal the treatment of slaves in the deep south 150 years ago. My, how violent the films of Mr Tarantino can be. My, knowing all this at the beginning, what a surprisingly enjoyableMy, how nasty that nice young Mr Di Caprio can act. My, how brutal the treatment of slaves in the deep south 150 years ago. My, how violent the films of Mr Tarantino can be. My, knowing all this at the beginning, what a surprisingly enjoyable time I had sinking deep into this mire of humanity. And afterwards I felt excited, like a kid after a great day out, who could do with a good scrub in a hot bath. Expand
talisencrwAug 16, 2016
The beauty of Tarantino's films is that he can glean the finest qualities from lesser works and synthesize them into something even greater than the sum of their parts.

The frustrating aspect of his work is that one gets the impression

The frustrating aspect of his work is that one gets the impression that even in doing so, he has only up to this point been scratching the surface of that which is possible from that intellect.

I hope that his assertion that he's doing only two more films and then is retiring is baseless and thoroughly untrue. In saying that, I must admit that I enjoyed his ode to the spaghetti westerns of days gone by and that using that template as a mirror to the great racial divide that has splintered America to its core since its beginning and has stayed unchanged was nothing short of audaciously brilliant.
Meth-dudeJun 27, 2016
The acting was excellent, the action sequences were really well made, the cinematography is amazing and there is plenty of blood. The movie is entertaining and interesting. Once again, Tarantino doesn't disappoint with it's dark humour andThe acting was excellent, the action sequences were really well made, the cinematography is amazing and there is plenty of blood. The movie is entertaining and interesting. Once again, Tarantino doesn't disappoint with it's dark humour and bloody violence. Expand
TanyaMayoMay 13, 2016
If you have not senn this film, I must insist, please, watch the movie!

If you have not senn this film, I must insist, please, watch the movie!

It is one of the best Tarantino's movies. Mr. Tarantino thought through the plot very carefully. No wonder that he got an Oscar and other supreme awards for the screenplay of Django.

After such a successful cooperation with Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds Tarantino decided to continue cooperating with this talented actor. Doctor Schultz, the new character of Christoph Waltz, was written amazingly good, thoroughly. So Christoph Waltz transformed into this character completely.

At first sight, harmless and considerate doctor turns out to be a hunter for wanted men on purpose to kill them in exchange for money afterwards. “It is flesh for cash business”, as he said himself.
Despite of seeming cruelness of the doctor, he sympathizes with Django's fate, a slave, who was separated with his wife by their owner's will. Therefore, King Schultz suggests to Django (played by Jamie Foxx) keep on hunting wanted men together and find his wife. Meanwhile, Django already obtains his own freedom thanks to the doctor.

Finally, they succeeds to find out further destiny of Brunhilda, Django's wife. She is one of the slaves of Calvin Candie, savage and cruel plantation owner in the South. Consequently, the team consisting of the doctor and Django goes for Calvin Candie to buy Brunhilda, but they understand that they need very gentle approach in this case on purpose not to scare him away from selling Brunhilda. Ingenious Schultz outlines the plan of actions and fun begins.

In addition to Calvin Candie, starring by Leonardo Di Caprio, it is a very controversial character, but no doubt, he is vile, self-indulgent, narcissistic and racist character though. Nonetheless, Leonardo Di Caprio did a magnificent job! There was no trace of lovely Leo, there was only that evil Calvin, who you want to hate. Moreover, during one scene Leonardo hurt his hand badly but ignored this fact, continued acting and even involved his own blood into the scene. Needless to say, it was the most powerful episode in the film.

If I did not say enough to persuade you to see the film, I do not know what to say further.. Just watch! You will have no regrets after!
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
Another classic from the legend that is Quentin Tarantino. He simply doesn't deliver average films and 'Django Unchained' continues his wonderful work. Set in the Deep South and Old West, a freed slave (Jamie Foxx) embarks on a trail acrossAnother classic from the legend that is Quentin Tarantino. He simply doesn't deliver average films and 'Django Unchained' continues his wonderful work. Set in the Deep South and Old West, a freed slave (Jamie Foxx) embarks on a trail across America with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to rescue his wife from a charismatic and cruel plantation owner (Leo DiCaprio.) The sequences are sensational from the very beginning but the key component in making this film so great is the two intriguing characters at the heart of it, Foxx and Waltz. Inglourious Basterds was a marvellous movie and I thought that Waltz was the shining light and once again he steals the show. He really is an actor on top of his game under the stewardship of Tarantino and he excels. Compared to other Tarantino outings the film is much more linear excluding less flashbacks. Some will complain about the elements of racism but it's part of what Tarantino is tackling with Django. Foxx proves to be a hit in the lead role and delivers a solid performance. It was a genius piece of casting having Leo DiCaprio as the villain. He is a supreme talent and possibly the finest actor of this generation and once more he is in flawless form as the villain of the movie. As usual Samuel L. Jackson makes an appearance and he, as always, is ever dependable. There's also cameo's from the Director himself, Tarantino and Jonah Hill. Django Unchained is without a doubt one of the best films you'll likely see all year round. It's a must see film and another masterstroke from Quentin Tarantino! It has everything you'd expect from one of his films. The laughs are their in abundance, the actions sequences are superb but there's also the serious issues of racism and slavery at the heart of the tale. And to top it off, there's a stellar cast as always delivering outstanding performances. It is a bit on the long side coming in at just under 3 hours but it's a journey you just have to take all the way through to it's grand stand finish! Make no mistake Django is another work of magic from the maestro that is Quentin Tarantino. Expand
EpicLadySpongeFeb 15, 2016
Django Unchained will forever be a 9 even if I loved it so much. Django Unchained is another way to waste a chain on something worth keeping forever and it will never dust away.
TheChaser1985Feb 1, 2016
One of the best movies that I have seen in a very long time. Funny, intense and emotional all in one movie. It was definitely a classic taratino film.
bjepsen25Jan 25, 2016
My Rating: (9.8/10.0)

Brilliant Movie. Doesn't get much better than this. Quentin Tarantino at his absolute best. Yes, it is a Tarantino movie, so I wouldn't recommend bringing young children to the theater to see this, but if you are a
My Rating: (9.8/10.0)

Brilliant Movie. Doesn't get much better than this. Quentin Tarantino
at his absolute best. Yes, it is a Tarantino movie, so I wouldn't
recommend bringing young children to the theater to see this, but if
you are a movie buff like I am, you will enjoy this movie just as much
as any film you've seen in the past. At first glance, I didn't really
think I would like this movie cause I didn't think the combination of
old western and Tarantino would be a good mix, but it turns out, the
combination is absolutely superb. Obviously, Tarantino benefited from
great acting in Django Unchained, but his writing and directing in this
movie is so far his best since Pulp Fiction. From start to finish you
will be on the edge of your seat. Jamie Foxx, Leonardo Dicaprio, and
Christoph Waltz all bring absolutely brilliant performances. Waltz
actually ended up winning an Oscar for "Best Performance by an Actor in
a Supporting Role," while Tarantino won an Oscar for "Best Writing,
Original Screenplay." Highly recommend seeing this film if you haven't
already.
TributeManJan 18, 2016
That's a **** on that horse, sir!

That's a **** on that horse, sir!

Czym jest Django? Odpowiedź jest bardzo prosta... Po pierwsze, muzyka. Coś wspaniałego. Tak oryginalnej ścieżki dźwiękowej nie słyszałem od dawna. Pojawiają się na niej utwory, których w życiu nie wyobrażałbym sobie w jakimkolwiek westernie. Idealnie pasują, stwarzają odpowiedni nastrój na początku i końcu scen. Po drugie, zdjęcia. Te także wypadają świetnie. Krajobrazy wyglądają wspaniale, a sceny w pomieszczeniach… No sami to zobaczcie! Po trzecie, aktorzy. Jamie Fox, Christoph Waltz i Leonardo DiCaprio. Tej trójki nikomu nie trzeba przedstawiać. Każdy odegrał swoją rolę po mistrzowsku. Nic dodać, nic ująć.
Moim zdaniem jest to najlepiej ZROBIONY film przez Quentina Tarantino. Jeżeli jakimś cudem jeszcze go nie widzieliście to musicie to nadrobić.
TheForth6Jan 14, 2016
Django Unchained - the D is silent.

Django Unchained - the D is silent.

My point: a perfect western racist film. Made perfect for the whole "slavery" concept, using modern legal talk so the audience can perfectly understand. Great acting, great voices, great surroundings, great climax, badass action scenes. You get the idea, it's the best Quentin Tarantino I've ever seen (my opinion).

It also has some decent humor, and some okay slow moments. But the action truly stands out. Samuel L. Jackson really casted his role brilliantly, being that racist, old, brown chap. 10/10, y'all.
yosemiteJan 13, 2016
Change the name of Tarantino's new movie to the Hateful 9 because I also hated it. Looking to give him a fresh look, I watched Django Unchained on Netflix. Better than Hateful 8…but not by much. QT has psychological hang ups;Change the name of Tarantino's new movie to the Hateful 9 because I also hated it. Looking to give him a fresh look, I watched Django Unchained on Netflix. Better than Hateful 8…but not by much. QT has psychological hang ups; African-Americans and the history of blacks , the word **** and Samuel Jackson. The latter is a really good actor but really .. every film ? As always , DiCaprio is a treasure. Bad,bad man. Deliciously played. The acting overall was solid as was the story line but the problem is QT excess and self indulgence. Since Pulp Fiction , the first 1/3 of his movies are really good, often comical , the middle 1/3 o.k. and the last part excessively violent and senseless. My new slogan is "just say no to Tarantino" . Expand
FM99Jan 1, 2016
Legendary Movie, Is the Best western movie in the last 30 years, a Great job from the Cast .. Leo Di Caprio, Christoph Waltz and Samuel l Jackson they do a good performances .. and Quentin make something will be remembered for many years
oDjentoDec 30, 2015
I am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. Django Unchained has to brilliant sections with some of Tarantino's most cinematic direction and cinematography, and even blends some evenI am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. Django Unchained has to brilliant sections with some of Tarantino's most cinematic direction and cinematography, and even blends some even more obvious comedic moments into the mix. The film also provides Foxx and Waltz in two great roles and despite Waltz being the good guy this time you can't help but feel you've visited his character before, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The first act of the film is in some ways kind of like a buddy cop film, with Foxx and Waltz bouncing off each other well and going round together making things right, and then the second act is more focused on the mission of DiCaprio who brings one of his best yet most sinister performances to the screen. The films writing ends it in a blood bath which seems ridiculous but is still enjoyable to watch as an over the top Tarantino film.
JacobDec 22, 2015
Django Unchained is a big dumb fun western. Tarintino’s passion for the genre comes through as he delivers one of his best films. The film is two and a half hours long but it is so engaging you could care less. The excellent performances byDjango Unchained is a big dumb fun western. Tarintino’s passion for the genre comes through as he delivers one of his best films. The film is two and a half hours long but it is so engaging you could care less. The excellent performances by Christoph Waltz, again!, and Leonardo Dicapprio grab your attention engaging you. The heroes are fun and the villains are dripping with evil. The presentation is excellent with the landscape being big and beautiful and the violence being big, dumb, goory, and fun. Its everything a western is and it’s a ton of fun! Expand
BeingNickDohNov 19, 2015
The movie does capture the 'flavor' of early America; the treatment of blacks as slaves and the major mentalities of white people in their treatment of the slaves. It's definitely one of Tarantino's more historically accurate films, whileThe movie does capture the 'flavor' of early America; the treatment of blacks as slaves and the major mentalities of white people in their treatment of the slaves. It's definitely one of Tarantino's more historically accurate films, while offering the elements that made him who he is today. My only complaint would be perhaps the use of the N word a few extra times more than necessary. Yet, it would of definitely been very commonly used; mainly noting the last scene between Jamie Fox and Samuel Jackson.

Overall, it is not ultra-violent, but a good amount of violence, and offers a genuine look at American history while most western shows and movies gloss over the shallow mindedness and brutality of the era.
SanastusaOct 12, 2015
Quentin Tarantino at his best with impressive dialogue and direct story writing. Enough blood to impress me and hold my attention. Each actor played their parts with such passion its inspiring.
grandpajoe6191Aug 30, 2015
Quentin Tarantino hits the high note once again as "Django Unchained" unleashes the story of an African American slave named Django (the D is silent). Watch as, with the director's signature style of strong, electrical visuals, Django embarksQuentin Tarantino hits the high note once again as "Django Unchained" unleashes the story of an African American slave named Django (the D is silent). Watch as, with the director's signature style of strong, electrical visuals, Django embarks on a blood thirsty journey to kill the evil white slave owner Calvin Candie, played by the godly Leo DiCaprio, and retrieve back his long lost wife during colonial America. I promise you, this ain't a journey you wouldn't wanna miss. Expand
diogomendesAug 25, 2015
Quentin Tarantino, an excellent director, has delivered one of his finest works with "Django Unchained", a bloody and very exciting picture. Really love this movie. It's funny and full of stylish performances. If you haven't seen it, go seeQuentin Tarantino, an excellent director, has delivered one of his finest works with "Django Unchained", a bloody and very exciting picture. Really love this movie. It's funny and full of stylish performances. If you haven't seen it, go see it. It's one of the best 2012 movies.

Final Score: 9/10
emiliomiceli31Jul 8, 2015
django sin cadenas es la mejor pelicula de 2013 que merece el oscar a mejor pelicula y aclamamcion universal que recibio merece varios premios que debe ganar
BB_CriticJun 26, 2015
Django is actually the first Tarantino movie I've ever seen, and because of that, it felt completely different from your average movie. It is very stylized and is visually sleek with very memorable performances from Christopher Waltz andDjango is actually the first Tarantino movie I've ever seen, and because of that, it felt completely different from your average movie. It is very stylized and is visually sleek with very memorable performances from Christopher Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio. If you are a fan of Tarantino, you will most certainly enjoy this one. 9/10 Expand
TheApplegnomeJun 5, 2015
To keep it short; Django Unchained is everything Twelve Years a Slave isn't.
It's much better than what I thought. It goes from hilariousness to deep bloody **** that no one wants to see.
The actors and everything is awesome, especially
To keep it short; Django Unchained is everything Twelve Years a Slave isn't.
The actors and everything is awesome, especially Leonardo DiCaprio and the theme.
But Jamie Foxx is such a boring actor, like 1/10, meanwhile Samuel L Jackson is 11/10, just freaking hilarious!

Overall is Django Unchain surprisingly better than my expectations!
MovieManiac83Apr 24, 2015
One of the great strengths of Quentin Tarantino's films is the way his love of cinema permeates every frame. From subtle, throw-away lines and in-jokes to more obvious nods (such as the "old fashioned" Columbia logo at the beginning or theOne of the great strengths of Quentin Tarantino's films is the way his love of cinema permeates every frame. From subtle, throw-away lines and in-jokes to more obvious nods (such as the "old fashioned" Columbia logo at the beginning or the '70s-style opening credits), it wends its way through his productions. Over the course of his career, Tarantino has paid homage to a number of genres; with Django Unchained, it's time for the Western. Of course, the director never does anything in a straightforward manner, so this is also a revenge flick and a somewhat offbeat comedy. Tarantino may be the best working director to take scenes of blood, mayhem, and gore and transform them into moments of hilarity. Pulp Fiction introduced this tendency ("Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!") and Tarantino has honed it since. Despite the occasional brutality of the material, Django Unchained includes some of the best laugh aloud scenes of any 2012 motion picture, regardless of the genre.

Over the years, we have come to expect things from Tarantino, and he delivers most of them in Django Unchained. There are the high-octane action scenes, which tend to be short and brutal. There's copious gore; when someone gets shot, you can be damn sure he's going to bleed. There's a tendency for the director to thumb his nose at political correctness. We're bound to see female bare feet at some point. And there's a sense of energy and momentum that culminates in satisfying violence. Perhaps the only thing somewhat on the back burner in Django Unchained is Tarantino's penchant for witty repartee and clever monologues. There's a little of it here, but not nearly as much as in some of his previous endeavors. Still, this is very much "a Quentin Tarantino Film" in every sense of the phrase and those who build expectations based on those four words won't be disappointed.

As has been true of past efforts, Tarantino coaxes memorable performances out of his actors. Joining the ranks of John Travolta, Uma Thurman, and Christoph Waltz (among others) is Jamie Foxx. After Ray, Foxx was viewed seriously as a dramatic actor, but he hasn't been given much of note to do in recent years. With Django Unchained, Tarantino provides him a meaty role and he tears into it with relish. He also displays a warm and unique chemistry with co-star Waltz, who is once again great. Leonardo DiCaprio, in a rare supporting role, shows that, despite his heartthrob reputation, he's capable of playing a truly loathsome villain. Samuel L. Jackson, buried under prosthetics and makeup, is recognizable primarily because of his voice and attitude. Tarantino's "reclamation project" (in which he takes a once-popular actor and gives him something interesting to do) is Don Johnson, although his screen time is limited. There are a few notable cameos: Jonah Hill, Amber Tamblyn, Bruce Dern, Tom Savini, Robert Carradine, and Franco Nero (who played the lead character in the unrelated 1966 film, Django).

One of the best things about Tarantino films in general and Django Unchained in particular is that the viewer is never sure where the narrative is going. Tarantino delights in unexpected surprises, some of which are sudden and violent. Consider, for example, John Travolta's death mid-way through Pulp Fiction - I'd wager no one saw that coming. While there's nothing quite that dramatic in Django Unchained, the movie has its moments and the storyline doesn't follow an unbending trajectory. Although it's technically a Western, Tarantino doesn't feel constrained by limits often placed on the genre. He stirs in elements of exploitation/blacksploitation to give Django Unchained a more pulpy, high energy feel. This is a serious movie with some serious things to say about how blacks were treated in the Old South but there's plenty of action to go along with the darker material.

Not unexpectedly, Tarantino inserts himself into Django Unchained in a part that's larger than a cameo and smaller than a supporting role. It's tough to say whether his acting has improved but he tries on an Australian accent that is ridiculously bad. However, the director may be self-aware enough to recognize his limitations in front of the camera and his appearance, distracting as it is, could be designed to be cheesy. Or not. Difficult to say.

Django Unchained may be Tarantino's most uplifting movie to date. Without revealing the ending, I can say it's less nihilistic than that of, say, Reservoir Dogs. Age may not have mellowed Tarantino but at least he can see the value in a little optimism. Django Unchained isn't in the absolute top tier of the director's films; I consider Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Inglourious Basterds to be more complete experiences. But this is a fine, accomplished effort and a great way to spend nearly three hours in a movie theater. Most people will leave with a smile and those who don't probably should have gone to see something softer in the first place.
EddyGregsApr 20, 2015
In 1858, bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Waltz) frees a slave named Django (Foxx) to help him track down three outlaw brothers. The pair partner up, then conspire to rescue Django’s wife (Washington) from a plantation owner (DiCaprio).

Any

Any new Quentin Tarantino release is an event. Like his latest protagonist, Tarantino is a filmmaker Unchained (although, to be fair, he was never really Chained to begin with). He has never exhibited any agenda beyond revelling in a seemingly boundless love of cult cinema and sharing that with an audience whom he never patronises by assuming they know less than he does. So, for good (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, Inglourious Basterds) or ill (Four Rooms, Death Proof), his movies, however wide their scope, always come unhampered by studio fussiness and unvarnished by new trends: digital, CGI, 3D — IMAX, even. For a man credited with tearing up the rulebook, he is staunchly traditional.

Another strong, sparky and bloody entry in the QT canon. Tarantino’s 2nd best!
baddoggieMar 29, 2015
This a pornographic roll in the gutter full of blood and guts. You will be thrilled by the music, cinematography, acting and sets, but really it says more about the state of mind of a society that thinks a spray of viscera is entertaining. IThis a pornographic roll in the gutter full of blood and guts. You will be thrilled by the music, cinematography, acting and sets, but really it says more about the state of mind of a society that thinks a spray of viscera is entertaining. I got a few laughs but it really is a page torn from a comic and at times seems to play with the viewer as if to say, "You, stupid viewer are a patsy." The characters are stereotypes x 10. Enjoy your Tarantino, I mean your battlefield porn. Expand
cashcartaMar 19, 2015
The Movie Django Unchained By Quentin Tarantino was one of the most popular movies to hit the theaters toward December in 2012. For this of you who love blood, gore, violence, humor, with a side of romance I highly suggest that you go andThe Movie Django Unchained By Quentin Tarantino was one of the most popular movies to hit the theaters toward December in 2012. For this of you who love blood, gore, violence, humor, with a side of romance I highly suggest that you go and see this film. The film Stars Jaime Foxx playing the roll of a runaway slave trying to break his way to freedom named Django who befriends a ruthless bounty hunter named Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz Free Django and takes him under his wing to be a partner in crime as he helps him with a bounty. The only thing Django ask in return is to be able to find his long lost wife from the plantation owned by Calvin Candie(Leonardo DiCaprio). Djangos motivation to find his love becomes his drive to be a ruthless killer. The film contains many moments of spontaneous action and violent scene that appear so unexpectedly and keep the audience on the edge of their seat. Many people believe all of these scenes aren’t necessary as they make he audience lose its focus on the plot. I believe Tarantino went out of his way to include these scenes to make the film consistently intense. The movie is a constant lust for vengeance so I believe that many action scenes with gore are all necessary to make this happen. This film is constant entertainment with a high level of great acting. If the film did not contain so many heavy scenes of racism it would not have been an instant classic. If you have not already seen this film I suggest you do so immediately and see for yourself. Expand
jzmeMar 16, 2015
This is the best movie I've ever watched in cinema, it is worth every penny that I spent. I am particularly fond of the soundtrack, acting, storyline and acting (basically every part of the movie). I remembered how mind blown I was right fromThis is the best movie I've ever watched in cinema, it is worth every penny that I spent. I am particularly fond of the soundtrack, acting, storyline and acting (basically every part of the movie). I remembered how mind blown I was right from the beginning, until the end of this movie. It was almost too good to be true; and I had the privilege to watch it in the cinema. Personally, I felt that Leonardo Di Caprio were absolutely brilliant in this movie, I was really hoping he could win an award... loved this! Again, Quentin Tarantino did it! Pure genius Expand
Undead_UtahDec 27, 2014
Quentin Tarantino pulls, again, what may be another instant cult classic out of the hat.
Another ludicrously good film by the visionary director, with the perfect cast for the job; with Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz & Leonardo DiCaprio at the helm, this grindhouse-style western is by far my favourite movie of 2012. A slew of black comedy mixed with almost cartoon violence make this gory, racially cautious romp one of the best in the acclaimed screenplay writer/ directors portfolio...Buuuutt, it makes me truly wonder whether and when he's going to flop, as with each movie he places the bar higher and higher still, will he still be able to reach it in years to come? Evidently though; He did not flop with this hit.
NerdConsultantDec 22, 2014
Django Unchained is surprising in the fact that it's not just good like i was expecting it was excellent. I think the films message about slavery will hit a wider and more general audience and it's backed by amazing action,story and actingDjango Unchained is surprising in the fact that it's not just good like i was expecting it was excellent. I think the films message about slavery will hit a wider and more general audience and it's backed by amazing action,story and acting from Jamie fox and Leonardo DiCaprio and of course Christopher waltz who steals the whole show. get this movie it is seriously worth it and i'm looking forward to what Tarantino does next Expand
callumjsouthDec 13, 2014
Articulate, awesome and Tarantino at his best. The brilliant acting of interesting characters always sets a film on the right course. Thankfully this is in play here as the cast on offer is one that will cause you to nod with appreciation.Articulate, awesome and Tarantino at his best. The brilliant acting of interesting characters always sets a film on the right course. Thankfully this is in play here as the cast on offer is one that will cause you to nod with appreciation. But it's the story that grasped me the most. Django's brutal past causes us to root for him very early on. This helps draw us in as soon as possible and we further our aspirations for the film immediately. Tarantino has also been able to successfully balance story importance with pulse raising action scenes. As a result we feel a sense of realism surrounding Django's journey. His companion Dr King Schultz is portrayed immaculately by Christoph Waltz who brings an air of class to the film as he always does. The setting on offer is also one of beauty and is perfect for an adventure film. You will be compelled and touched by an original story that may even cause you to dig into Tarantino's other works. Expand
DavidMuroDec 7, 2014
Apoteósica, excelente, divertida y bestial como siempre es Tarantino. Hacía tiempo que no disfrutaba tanto viendo una película. El guión es bueno, pero las conversaciones en especial son un 10. El papel de Django (Jamie Foxx) y sobre todo deApoteósica, excelente, divertida y bestial como siempre es Tarantino. Hacía tiempo que no disfrutaba tanto viendo una película. El guión es bueno, pero las conversaciones en especial son un 10. El papel de Django (Jamie Foxx) y sobre todo de Christoph Waltz (el mejor de la película a mi entender, de hecho creo que se llevó un Oscar por este papel) es para quitarse el sombrero. También DiCaprio hace un papelón. Si te gusta el cine no te la puedes perder. Expand
BurnsWEMNov 21, 2014
Definitely a great film. In the middle it got kind of boring but it was so well acted and written that it wasn't bad. Not a big fan of Jamie Foxx but I really enjoyed his performance in this movie. Highly recommend it.
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
Despite its excessiveness of everything, Django Unchained ulleashes a bold, brutal and important movie for the general public to be aware of and does so under the consise direction of Quentin Tarantino.
SythusRATINGSOct 21, 2014
Django is a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz. Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. TheDjango is a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz. Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive. Expand
beingryanjudeSep 1, 2014
Another epic masterpiece from Quentin Tarantino. Once again, the perfect mix of bold and funny that we've come to know and love; and he does so with great help from Waltz, DiCaprio and Foxx.
MrBlackTronJul 28, 2014
Filmin müzikleri ve sahneleri çok başarılı, başta Christopher Waltz ve Leonardo di Caprio olmak üzere oyunculuklar ve karakterler olağanüstü, Tarantino'yu zaten biliyoruz her zamanki gibi.Sonuçta uzun ama zamanın ötesinde gerçekten çok iyiFilmin müzikleri ve sahneleri çok başarılı, başta Christopher Waltz ve Leonardo di Caprio olmak üzere oyunculuklar ve karakterler olağanüstü, Tarantino'yu zaten biliyoruz her zamanki gibi.Sonuçta uzun ama zamanın ötesinde gerçekten çok iyi bir film çıkıyor karşımıza. Expand
ThomasSmithsonJul 25, 2014
If Mel Brooks had directed it might have worked, because this can only be approached as a work of satire. But it's not funny, it's not sad, it's a dud on every level, a milk dud has more flavor.

Tarantino cannot write romance, what a

Tarantino cannot write romance, what a shock, right. But a romance is the center of the story and ( Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington) were both a total miscast. Will Smith would have elevated the love story playing opposite say perhaps Keke Palmer who owns an edge and inherent sadness in her eyes at times but shares the attractive personality of Will Smith, whereas Foxx and Washington were both dull and artificially stoic.

What's more Tarantino did not even come close to depicting the misery of enslavement, which was key in lending any emotional involvement for the audience.

A lazy outing at the typewriter for Tarantino....if you wanna write slavery, shackle yourself to the desk next time because you clearly do not know what it means and failed even to imagine it.

Christoph Waltz and Leonardo Di Caprio both shined per usual and the death of their characters were felt but as for the rest of the cast you can throw them all to the dogs...

Tarantino has proven twice now he can't write historical.
chwJul 17, 2014
Django Unchained was absolutely amazing! Although it was a nearly three hour movie, there was never a dull moment, which made it feel much less shorter.
DiskJul 14, 2014
Historically, it’s clearly off. But you see the plight of slaves in that era and can’t not say this movie is one of the boldest that’s ever been done. It’s phenomenal, and while it is 165 minutes long, those minutes will fly by. It’s raw,Historically, it’s clearly off. But you see the plight of slaves in that era and can’t not say this movie is one of the boldest that’s ever been done. It’s phenomenal, and while it is 165 minutes long, those minutes will fly by. It’s raw, crazy, and just one damn good time. Expand
CPD98Jul 10, 2014
Sensacional. Tarantino crea un western a su medida. Mirándola bien, creo que no le falta ni le sobra nada. Los actores están grandiosos (sobretodo DiCaprio y Waltz) y la última hora de película es una pasada. Sean fans o no de Tarantino y/oSensacional. Tarantino crea un western a su medida. Mirándola bien, creo que no le falta ni le sobra nada. Los actores están grandiosos (sobretodo DiCaprio y Waltz) y la última hora de película es una pasada. Sean fans o no de Tarantino y/o el western, véanla. De lo mejor del 2012. Expand
ArendelleawesomMay 31, 2014
Wow is all I could just say about this movie after watching it I've never seen a western like this if you are used to Clint Eastwood westerns they will not prepare you for this although this movie is not based on an actual story I feelWow is all I could just say about this movie after watching it I've never seen a western like this if you are used to Clint Eastwood westerns they will not prepare you for this although this movie is not based on an actual story I feel without a doubt that the actions that took place in this film were not irregular practices which makes this movie have an early feel to it this movie was gritty and bloody although I'm fine with and action packed scene or shootout there's parts of this movie that made me cringe and almost brought tears to my eyes something not many movies do and all the actors performances in this movie were amazing especially the villain never have I seen such a despicable character in a movie and it was executed perfectly by Leonardo DiCaprio. Expand
BetterOffDead_May 15, 2014
Brilliant movie, when I first heard about this movie I had my doubts about it but when I heard that Tarantino was directing it I knew it would work out... And it did this movie was great, There's some great actors in this and they all deliverBrilliant movie, when I first heard about this movie I had my doubts about it but when I heard that Tarantino was directing it I knew it would work out... And it did this movie was great, There's some great actors in this and they all deliver great performances. The plot is good, even the jokes that they put on thought out this thing fit in well WORTH WATCHING. 8.5/10 Expand
heeldavidMay 4, 2014
I don't care if you complain about the violence but Django Unchained is one of Tarantino's best. Great Characters and the usual astonishing and creative dialogue from Tarantino's head. Great performances bu the great Christoph Waltz, JamieI don't care if you complain about the violence but Django Unchained is one of Tarantino's best. Great Characters and the usual astonishing and creative dialogue from Tarantino's head. Great performances bu the great Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx and a very different role for DiCaprio, DiCaprio shows that he can be a very smart actor as a villain. Django is obviously is in my list of the best films of 2012 Expand
awansApr 14, 2014
Django Unchained serves as legendary director-writer Quentin Tarantino’s latest installment of cinematic gold. Chalk-full of the witty dialogue and gruesome violence that Tarantino fans have come to love and embrace, This film stacks the deckDjango Unchained serves as legendary director-writer Quentin Tarantino’s latest installment of cinematic gold. Chalk-full of the witty dialogue and gruesome violence that Tarantino fans have come to love and embrace, This film stacks the deck with notable actors and actresses that are strewn throughout, which only strengthens this movie’s potential and amusement. This film is shot in sort of a sloppy way, with no sense of direction or focus. I can only assume this was done intentionally to increase the sense of overall griminess of the story. While it’s not flawlessly executed (most likely due to Tarantino knack of do things on his own terms) this movie is both thoroughly enjoyable and definitely worth 3 hours of your time. Expand
luken1020Apr 11, 2014
This is a fantastic film. Django Unchained is easily the best film I viewed in 2013. I understand that the film was released in 2012, but I did not see it until 2013. Regardless, this film basically had it all. It did not take it self overlyThis is a fantastic film. Django Unchained is easily the best film I viewed in 2013. I understand that the film was released in 2012, but I did not see it until 2013. Regardless, this film basically had it all. It did not take it self overly serious, but kept the plot going whenever really possible. There were a few scenes that seemed to drag on a little, as that is a common technique of Tarantino, but most lasted an appropriate amount of time. This film managed to pull all of the right emotional strings. It was straightforward and compelling. Expand
ezekielromanMar 30, 2014
Honestly, by far one of the best films by Tarantino. The story is great, the acting is superb... Basically everything is great! One thing that I like about Quentin's movies is the violence, and this film has tons of it! The film completelyHonestly, by far one of the best films by Tarantino. The story is great, the acting is superb... Basically everything is great! One thing that I like about Quentin's movies is the violence, and this film has tons of it! The film completely changed me and I will never forget it! Expand
SkimanMar 22, 2014
Tarantino hits another home run. This ones out of the city not just the park. What a interesting movie. The characters are amazing. Waltz is the good guy this time and he is wonderful. Fox is wonderful. I really enjoyed this movie.Tarantino hits another home run. This ones out of the city not just the park. What a interesting movie. The characters are amazing. Waltz is the good guy this time and he is wonderful. Fox is wonderful. I really enjoyed this movie. Must see. If you like QT movies you will love it. If you don't like QT movies....what can I say. Expand
KayakMar 4, 2014
Tarantino hits home again. I've never really been a fan of Westerns but this is a definite exception. It's definitely too long and I can think of several ways of shortening it, but that gripe is overshadowed by the brutal, dark yet charmingTarantino hits home again. I've never really been a fan of Westerns but this is a definite exception. It's definitely too long and I can think of several ways of shortening it, but that gripe is overshadowed by the brutal, dark yet charming storyline. Waltz is also superb as are all of the main characters and overall, definitely a film well deserving of its praise. Expand
flame6000Feb 22, 2014
Django unchained is a violent brutal tale of revenge. Thought this production the acting is consistently engaging and all performers display their characters personalities and the actual raw film making on show here is quite impressive. theDjango unchained is a violent brutal tale of revenge. Thought this production the acting is consistently engaging and all performers display their characters personalities and the actual raw film making on show here is quite impressive. the story is exiting and entertaining at the same time as exploring deeper themes such as slavery. This film is worth a watch . as long as you don't mind excessive violence. Expand
PowermitsuFeb 10, 2014
I enjoyed it, immensely in fact, something about Quentin Tarantino's movies that convey so much character and texture, and thus one delivers in spades on both of those accounts, yes there is gratuitous use of the dreaded n-word, but you can'tI enjoyed it, immensely in fact, something about Quentin Tarantino's movies that convey so much character and texture, and thus one delivers in spades on both of those accounts, yes there is gratuitous use of the dreaded n-word, but you can't possibly hate the movie because it didn't sweep our history under the rug. One of the most entertaining movies of all time in my opinion. Expand
Casual-CriticFeb 9, 2014
Finally got around to seeing this and was not disappointed in the least. Tarantino once again gives this movie his incredibly unique style, and it somehow works. Great music, great ending and great acting, especially by Leonardo DiCaprio, heFinally got around to seeing this and was not disappointed in the least. Tarantino once again gives this movie his incredibly unique style, and it somehow works. Great music, great ending and great acting, especially by Leonardo DiCaprio, he absolutely nailed that character. This isn't a perfect movie, but its a damn good one that you need to watch. Expand
TerenceYiboFeb 3, 2014
完美的QT电影,几位配角都很抢眼特别是杰克逊和莱昂纳多,前者对于黑奴奴性的刻画到达疯狂的极致,后者饰演的奴隶主把自己的凶险演得特别好,晚餐对峙戏尤为精彩,配乐传统QT风,场景设计得很棒,剧情超级棒,各种转折和枪林弹雨,结尾大爱。完美的QT电影,几位配角都很抢眼特别是杰克逊和莱昂纳多,前者对于黑奴奴性的刻画到达疯狂的极致,后者饰演的奴隶主把自己的凶险演得特别好,晚餐对峙戏尤为精彩,配乐传统QT风,场景设计得很棒,剧情超级棒,各种转折和枪林弹雨,结尾大爱。
FordFanatic19Jan 25, 2014
Yes, this is a long movie, but it is amazing all the way through. Quentin Tarantino makes some of the best films I have ever seen. This movie has just about everything you could ever want packed into one film. Witty humor, action, lots ofYes, this is a long movie, but it is amazing all the way through. Quentin Tarantino makes some of the best films I have ever seen. This movie has just about everything you could ever want packed into one film. Witty humor, action, lots of excessive gore at some parts. This kind of film gives Tarantino a great reputation. His films are unlike anyone else's, which is why everyone should watch this. Expand
exhibeJan 17, 2014
Django Unchained is a 2012 American western film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. The film stars Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson. The film was released on December 25, 2012Django Unchained is a 2012 American western film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. The film stars Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson. The film was released on December 25, 2012 (Christmas Day), in North America.American western film filmed in Durango, Mexico Expand
leaderlordJan 16, 2014
One of the best movies I've seen in a while. The effects, story and the characters made me watch it twice. Tarantino underlined very well how black people were treated like dogs which made me sad. Also excluding the sadness, there are manyOne of the best movies I've seen in a while. The effects, story and the characters made me watch it twice. Tarantino underlined very well how black people were treated like dogs which made me sad. Also excluding the sadness, there are many funny and awesome scenes. If you are reading this then watch the movie and thank me later.. Expand
rafingal23Jan 14, 2014
Tarantino has done it again! Excellent performance by the cast especially Christoph Waltz who thoroughly deserved his Academy Award. Samuel L. Jackson was essential to bringing humour with his 'Uncle Ruckus' -like performance and the endingTarantino has done it again! Excellent performance by the cast especially Christoph Waltz who thoroughly deserved his Academy Award. Samuel L. Jackson was essential to bringing humour with his 'Uncle Ruckus' -like performance and the ending was the icing on the cake. Thumbs up! Expand
guitarguy001Jan 9, 2014
I loved every minute of this movie. The dialogue is amazingly well written and hilarious, the characters are memorable, the acting is terrific (Leo) and it's just a blast to watch. One of the best movies of 2012 and one of Tarantino's finest.
Iky009Dec 31, 2013
Entra pra lista como um dos filme mais incríveis de Quentin Tarantino, graças a sua trama, trilha sonora e personagens e sem contar boas doses exageradas de sangue.
sinadoomDec 29, 2013
I was expecting this to be an overrated film riding on the Tarantino hype. But make no mistake, Django Unchained is a great movie in its own right and one of Tarantino's greatest works. It just about nails everything. The scenes are lengthyI was expecting this to be an overrated film riding on the Tarantino hype. But make no mistake, Django Unchained is a great movie in its own right and one of Tarantino's greatest works. It just about nails everything. The scenes are lengthy but very tense and with amazing direction as you would expect. The trademark "no holds barred" violence and intelligently crafted dialogue are present, along with a great deal of comical moments. The story and direction as well as the characters all deserve praise of the highest order. Even if you're not a Tarantino fan, you should definitely give Django a try. Expand
eagleeyevikingDec 17, 2013
Django Unchained is typically too violent and too lengthy and profane. However, all the actors steal their scenes and the plot is very sturdy and strong.
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
This obviously has excellent fight scenes and great performances as well as direction. But nearly three hours makes it become tedious, with a lot of scenes dragging on far longer than they should be.
BairdoDec 5, 2013
There were a lot of things about this movie that I liked. The things that I didn't like, bothered me.... 1) There are an uncomfortable amount of far-fetched moments, in which characters seem to act against their nature in order to serve theThere were a lot of things about this movie that I liked. The things that I didn't like, bothered me.... 1) There are an uncomfortable amount of far-fetched moments, in which characters seem to act against their nature in order to serve the plot better. 2) Tarantino's cameo is extremely awkward he may as we'll have been on screen wearing a beret and sitting in a director's chair. 3) I'll never agree with the use of modern music in period movies. Are electric guitars and hip-hop necessary in a cowboy movie?
I think Quentin Tarantino is (maybe was) a great director. I just wish he'd stop making semi-serious, semi-goofball REVENGE flicks a la Kill Bill, Kill Bill Vol. II, Inglorious Basterds, and Django Unchained. That's four, and I believe he's threatened to make another Kill Bill! It's now a great number of years since Tarantino has shown any real range as a filmmaker. He obviously has the talent and imagination to make a serious movie for a change, and he really should.
MovieCritic1Nov 4, 2013
As one of my favorite movies of all time, I'm going to recommend this wonderful film to anyone. Yet another Tarantino masterpiece. The film is entertaining through out. Not once did I get bored or think that the movie dragged on. It is veryAs one of my favorite movies of all time, I'm going to recommend this wonderful film to anyone. Yet another Tarantino masterpiece. The film is entertaining through out. Not once did I get bored or think that the movie dragged on. It is very long but it is so well written, acted and directed that the length is acceptable. As Tarantino usually does, he doesn't try to make it something it's not. It does hit on a few heavy subject like slavery but it also has funny moments as all of his films do. Great movie. Go watch it Expand
birdmannavyOct 13, 2013
I’m surprised how few people seem to be giving this film a negative review based on racism. The black stereotypes in this film are nauseating. I haven’t seen the film(s?) this was based on, but it seems to me that the value in remaking aI’m surprised how few people seem to be giving this film a negative review based on racism. The black stereotypes in this film are nauseating. I haven’t seen the film(s?) this was based on, but it seems to me that the value in remaking a thing would be to translate what was good about it while giving mind to what could change. Well, for example, just imagine if Indiana Jones didn’t say, “Good onya Flash Gordon et al., but really you were too dry, we’re gonna load this film up with humor!” But that’s essentially what you have here. Not a dearth of humor, but of human understanding. All of the black characters seemed to reflect Candie’s disgusting lie that black people exist to be servants, except, of course, for Django. He seems to be so contrasted by the idiocy of the rest of the African American characters as to be, in the logic of the movie, infused with the “White Man’s” spirit. Consider the people freed at the beginning and end of the film, they have to be told, “Go now, you are free.” In fact, the men in the wagon continue to sit there through the credits and finally say: “Who was that n-gr?” Thank God that being black and a slave didn’t mean being utterly stupid as this film seems to be saying or we would all be in serious trouble indeed as all the superlative black people gifted to us by history would be erased. I think what is worst for me is that Candie’s bigotry, justified as science in the form of Phrenology, goes completely unchallenged--except in the “Me angry man, you die now” sense. The blame for this falls entirely on Tarantino who should never have created such a racist film. At that scene at the dinner table, I would have relished a pause from the dialogue to bring Sam Jackson on screen to cut into Candie’s skull and show the audience the fallacy of Phrenology. As it is, I think racist people will walk away from this movie feeling empowered with knowledge and reason. Expand
JJD2013Oct 12, 2013
This is by far one of my favorite movies. I love everything western and this movie followed the journey of a slave turned bounty hunter named Django in his search to find and free his wife. This movie has a good story, tons of action, andThis is by far one of my favorite movies. I love everything western and this movie followed the journey of a slave turned bounty hunter named Django in his search to find and free his wife. This movie has a good story, tons of action, and some comedy. This movie was also made by Quentin Tarantino so you know its good already. Expand
Chris_DKOct 7, 2013
One of the best movies I have ever seen, I have seen this movie so many times and still can't get enough, do yourself a favor and watch Django Unchained,
theunholymesiahSep 25, 2013
This was the first Tarantino movie I'd seen in the cinemas and the first Tarantino movie I thought was REALLY good. Previously I'd seen the first Kill Bill which I didn't quite get at first and Inglorious Basterds which was pretty good. IThis was the first Tarantino movie I'd seen in the cinemas and the first Tarantino movie I thought was REALLY good. Previously I'd seen the first Kill Bill which I didn't quite get at first and Inglorious Basterds which was pretty good. I really wanted to see Django Unchained, my expectations were very high and it delivered. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it delivered. There's SO much in this movie that's good. The plot, the characters, the performances, the music, the cinematography, the humour, the action, the drama. If you had to niggle there are some historically inaccurate things (which I think Tarantino would've been aware of) and Django's wife isn't that interesting. But really that's nit-picking, the effect it has on the film is second to none. Whether you count it as a 2012 or 2013 film it'd be up there with the best of either year. Expand
MovieGuysSep 18, 2013
Django Unchained is living proof that just because a movie is long, doesn't mean it's boring or that it drags. (This was also proven in Goodfellas) It is a great movie, with expert storytelling by Tarantino and noted performances by JamieDjango Unchained is living proof that just because a movie is long, doesn't mean it's boring or that it drags. (This was also proven in Goodfellas) It is a great movie, with expert storytelling by Tarantino and noted performances by Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the emerging Christopher Waltz! It's fun to watch, even though the violence level is standard for Tarantino. On a sadder note, this will be the first of his feature films not edited by Sally Menke, who died in 2010. What a pity. Expand
R4z3rSep 18, 2013
Django Unchained (the 'D' is silent), is a fun action film. THe film is a bit slowly paced, yet made sure to ensure that the film was still engaging and kept the action moving. I felt it was a bit long winded (2 hours 45 minutes) for myDjango Unchained (the 'D' is silent), is a fun action film. THe film is a bit slowly paced, yet made sure to ensure that the film was still engaging and kept the action moving. I felt it was a bit long winded (2 hours 45 minutes) for my taste, and I felt it could have been sped up a bit without losing anything. The overall plot is simple, Django get's separated from his wife, and this is the story of him trying to rescue her (that's all I can say without ruining anything). While the film focuses heavily on the main characters, Tarentino does a fantastic job of making the story interesting by using secondary characters to his advantage. This adds a lot to the film and makes the film come to life. The movie though isn't as violence focused as some others by him such as Kill Bill (don't worry, there is still plenty of violence), but really takes advantage of humor to make this a bit more light hearted at times. It's important to remember though that this is a fictional movie. There are historical inaccuracies, etc. and this is fine as long as you can look past that.

Parents, this is not for kids. There is a little nudity, some innuendos, lots of violence, blood, and gore, use of the "N" word, concepts such as slavery, alcohol consumption etc. For this reason I'd peg it at 15-18 years old. This obviously will vary depending on the family.

Overall, the audio itself is not the best I've heard with it's DTS HD-MA 5.1 soundtrack. The film's vocals are slightly low on the volume end. The dynamics aren't there and it's a bit of a flat soundtrack. The highs and lows don't occur often. It does have a few dynamic peaks, the surrounds are used pretty well to create a nice, encompassing environment.

The video was good, a bit cold considering the desert and warm environments the characters were in. The blood and shadows were detailed and the shadows had a fantastic detail level with the grime and textures. The film is a bit soft, not as sharp as I would have liked at times but still well detailed. I believe this is an artistic choice, but one that bothered me at times.

Overall I'd recommend it, but it was a bit longer than I would have liked. The characters were well developed and had some good humor at times. If you have the time, go for it, but if you can't stand a long and often violent movie, I would recommend passing on this.
Mr_NoFaceSep 12, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Django Unchained was an interesting film i didn't expect it to be as good as it was, its set in Texas in the year 1858 in this time period black people was considerd slaves and they was nothing more at the start of the film when Django gets saved by the Bounty Hunter Dr. King Schultz he buys Django knows what Schultz targets look like, Django offers to help if Schultz repays the favor by helping him find his wife, after they move on and take down these people and get the Bounty Schultz teaches Django how to kill and become a bountry hunter, They get hunted down by a racist group but Django and Schultz set off a trap and ambush them, lets not give anymore spoilers away, this film is so well writen but its not getting a full 10 from me because i just feel its not perfect, but nothing is OH one more thing the D might be Silent but the N shore isn't Expand
Jack_SunshineSep 5, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino’s latest audacious picture, dealt boldly with a topic rarely explored in film. I appreciated how heavy subject matter was moulded into an incredibly entertaining piece of cinema, undoubtedly condemning the atrocities of the era, whilst avoiding simplistic moralising. Shocking juxtaposition of cruelty and comedy, frequently within scenes, created a particularly effective mood whiplash. True to form, much style is drawn from the director’s love of homage; this time from the Spaghetti Western, he brings the visual intensity of stunning landscapes, and a memorable soundtrack, whilst indulging in the exquisite interiors and costumes of the period. Expand
cheekygobl1nSep 1, 2013
Yes this film is racist, but like Quintin said it was a realistic portrayal of those times.The acting in this film is just amazing, the scenes are also great with stunning set's and backdrops. The film also balances comedy with seriousnessYes this film is racist, but like Quintin said it was a realistic portrayal of those times.The acting in this film is just amazing, the scenes are also great with stunning set's and backdrops. The film also balances comedy with seriousness really well. I know this film is three hours but it kept me entertained the whole way through and its the best film I've seen for a long time, in fact it might possibly be my favorite film ever. Django is great.P.s none of the actors shone over each other they were all just as amazing as one another. Expand
EliteAug 30, 2013
Django Unchained: Brilliant. An amazing cast that really show what they can do. Jamie Foxx: Great as Django, a true badass in this movie. Christoph Waltz: Deserved the oscar that he got for this film. Leonardo Dicaprio: A brilliantDjango Unchained: Brilliant. An amazing cast that really show what they can do. Jamie Foxx: Great as Django, a true badass in this movie. Christoph Waltz: Deserved the oscar that he got for this film. Leonardo Dicaprio: A brilliant performance as the films main antagonist Calvin Candie. Violence was over the top but awesome, blood splattered everywhere when someone was shot, the story was great and ended brilliantly in wild west style. An excellent movie that deserves to be watched by everyone of the appropriate age. 9/10. Expand
KratosITALYAug 29, 2013
The second best western ever, one of the 20 best movies ever made and my favourite Tarantino movie ever.
This movie has a great and compelling plot, humor, romance, action and adventure. The characters are amazing and portrayed perfectly, Christoph Waltz being the best of the bests in the movie, alongside Leonardo Di Caprio.
The soundtrack is evocative and the movie is really fast-paced, so the 2 hours and 45 minutes fly.
A must-see to all the fans of good movies, Tarantino and western genre.
SEROJAug 26, 2013
Django Unchained is an example for awesome western movie! I think it's near perfect, but the only thing i hated was that the real action started at the end and the first gangs died too easy! Everything else was great! 7.5 out of 10 is myDjango Unchained is an example for awesome western movie! I think it's near perfect, but the only thing i hated was that the real action started at the end and the first gangs died too easy! Everything else was great! 7.5 out of 10 is my score HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Expand
BrandonBonaseraAug 25, 2013
A incredibly bloody and brilliant masterpiece by the ever brilliant Quentin Tarantino is smart, hilarious and shocking in equal measure. The film has been made with complete care and it shows with beautiful cinematography, fantastic actingA incredibly bloody and brilliant masterpiece by the ever brilliant Quentin Tarantino is smart, hilarious and shocking in equal measure. The film has been made with complete care and it shows with beautiful cinematography, fantastic acting and great directing. One of the best films to be released in 2012. Expand
FranzHcriticAug 22, 2013
Charismatic Acting by Waltz and DiCaprio, it effectively reverses the history of slavery with well thought of dark-comedy. Not the masterpiece of Pulp Fiction, but Tarantino stabilizes his position as a respected screenwriter and director
TokyochuchuAug 9, 2013
Django Unchained was an excellent, surprisingly light and utterly hilarious western from Quentin Tarantino. The movie surprised me at many different junctures and delighted throughout. This was a fantastic film!
Nino2011Jul 26, 2013
normally I don't even enjoy long dialogue scenes. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of action scenes in this movie. But the dialogues are just a pleasure to watch because they emphazise the brilliant talent of the main characters so muchnormally I don't even enjoy long dialogue scenes. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of action scenes in this movie. But the dialogues are just a pleasure to watch because they emphazise the brilliant talent of the main characters so much better. One can not dislike Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio made for an awesome, charming, capitalist villain. But all actors were really good.
While the plot is done Tarantino style and should not be taken tooo serious it is still awesome that it touches some of the more serious 'taboo' thematics of slavery. This film will make people talk... and that's a good thing!
DiskMagazineJul 23, 2013
Nero97Jul 16, 2013
First of all: For you guys who complain about Tarantino using slavery in the west, pay attention to the movie before talking The movie DOES NOT pass in the west! Texas and Mississippi are on the south, that's it, the movie doesn't take placeFirst of all: For you guys who complain about Tarantino using slavery in the west, pay attention to the movie before talking The movie DOES NOT pass in the west! Texas and Mississippi are on the south, that's it, the movie doesn't take place anywhere else. You really think Tarantino would make such a mistake?
I loved the movie, the acting, the story (that is quite different from the style of any other Tarantino movie), the way he mixes all kinds of genre (comedy, drama, action, etc) and makes the movie get so interesting you want to watch it again, and again and again. Besides i didn't like the fact Django turned out to be the Cowboy image (come on, it would be awesome if he was just the free slave getting his vengence without this whole american western cowboy hero thing), Tarantino made an impressive screenplay with an impressive acting work. For the violence, some people complain about the absurd amount. For me, Tarantino can ude it the way he wants, that at the end, it's going to be good, more then any other violence movie.
Hostile357Jul 16, 2013
As far as Tarantino movies go, "Django Unchained" is right up there with "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill" in my books. It's funny, it's over-the-top brutal and it's extremely enjoyable to watch. Unless racism and the use of the "N-word" ruin aAs far as Tarantino movies go, "Django Unchained" is right up there with "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill" in my books. It's funny, it's over-the-top brutal and it's extremely enjoyable to watch. Unless racism and the use of the "N-word" ruin a movie for you. In that case, "Django" probably ain't on the top of your "Movies to watch"-list. Expand
NixyJul 14, 2013
I went into this film really wanting to like it, and it does pain me to say it but I was slightly bored...and when I find myself having an internal debate about what I'm going to have for dinner that evening during a film, I have to admitI went into this film really wanting to like it, and it does pain me to say it but I was slightly bored...and when I find myself having an internal debate about what I'm going to have for dinner that evening during a film, I have to admit that it wasn't a particularly captivating experience. The plot was good, but I didn't feel it really stood up to the challenge of providing something entertaining for a time slot that matches Lord of the Rings. The characters were great but I didn't come out of the film thinking 'oh my god that was amazing' by any stretch of the measure. It was alright. Considering what the film is actually about I personally felt compelled to like it, and not in a good way but in a 'well, if you don't like this film you clearly don't understand the concept' sort of way, which I never appreciate. Probably worth a watch so you're not too left out of any conversation regarding films but yeah, maybe bring a Sudoku along or something to pass time in the 'oh look, another shoot em up' scenes. Expand
DalekJul 12, 2013
This film is hilarious with over the top action scenes which Quentin pulls off very well of course like in his previous films. Yes, there is racism and controversial material but so what? It's something different which is what I like! anyway,This film is hilarious with over the top action scenes which Quentin pulls off very well of course like in his previous films. Yes, there is racism and controversial material but so what? It's something different which is what I like! anyway, Django Unchained really steers away from clichés. It's definitely a film I'd want to watch again. Expand
Nesbitt10Jul 9, 2013
A wild-bloody, live action cartoon with a homicidal vengeance, a reversal of roles, much like "Inglorious Basterds"; rewriting history if you will, they way Quinten Tarantino sees it, and the way we enjoy it. Quinten takes his blood-spatteredA wild-bloody, live action cartoon with a homicidal vengeance, a reversal of roles, much like "Inglorious Basterds"; rewriting history if you will, they way Quinten Tarantino sees it, and the way we enjoy it. Quinten takes his blood-spattered historical tent show on the road, putting down stakes in Antebellum Dixieland. Not technically a "Basterds" prequel, "Django" stems from a similar impulse, to reframe and rewrite American history in boldly absurd strokes. "Inglorious Basterds" is an exceptional film, but "Django Unchained" surpasses its predecessor, and then some.

The movie opens in 1858 Texas with the unorthodox purchase of a slave, Django (Jamie Foxx), by a dentist-turned-bounty hunter, Dr. King Schultz (Christopher Waltz). Since Schultz doesn't believe in slavery, he soon frees Django and the two become partners in Schultz's business. After a profitable winter, they head to Mississippi where their goal is to locate Django's wife, Broomhilda (Kerry Washington). When they succeed, they find an excuse to be invited to the plantation where she is being held. There, they are guests of the mansion's master, Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), where their act bamboozles everyone except Candie's personal slave, Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), who smells a rat the moment he sets eyes on Django.

When Tarantino first introduces audiences to the two characters we'll come to embrace and respect, it's while Django (Foxx) is chained up to other slaves as they march slowly in the dark in the middle of nowhere. Dr. Schultz arrives playing the role of a dentist in a scene that's close to being as perfectly written and delivered as Waltz' farmhouse scene from “Basterds,” freeing Django and thus begins a reluctant partnership. What starts as an uneasy alliance in which one side holds all the power, transforms over the course of the movie into one in which the unlikely pair become partners and friends. Delivering this transformation along with character development, Tarantino is at his screenwriting best.

There is not a single misstep by any of the “Unchained” cast. Led by Foxx as a slave-turned-bounty-hunter, and Waltz as a man with more layers than initially revealed, this ensemble is a perfectly cast with everyone at the top of their games. “Django” is an absolute must-see for Tarantino fans, but it's not necessary to be into either Tarantino or just Westerns to be fully entertained. There are many notable cameos: Don Johnson (small part), Jonah Hill, Amber Tamblyn, Bruce Dern, Tom Savini, Robert Carradine, and Franco Nero (who played the lead character in the unrelated 1966 film, Django).

Tarantino is one of the few filmmakers that seamlessly and successfully merges style with substance. He is a creature of cinema, unashamedly standing on the shoulders of greats, forging new meaning out of the universal cultural experiences. That is why as far as I'm concerned “Django Unchained” is one of the best of 2012.
ToffenuffJul 5, 2013
I love Quentin Tarantino movies, and this is an excellent one. Amazing acting all around. Characters are memorable and distinct, and as always there is a lot of humor and over-the-top gore and violence. Story is actually pretty good too.
FozzyJul 4, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is brilliant, from the direction of the obviously talented Quentin Tarantino to the acting of such figures of Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Don Johnson, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson and, particularly, Christoph Woltz There's a reason this film has won not one but TWO Awards, and it was by far my favorite film of 2012, as well as being one of my favorite films ever. I would change nothing about this film (apart form making it longer), and the only think I pity is that Tarantino killed off all but two major characters, because a sequel or continuation of some kind would have been brilliant. Expand
ThefilmnerdJul 2, 2013
Tarantino finally made a western and oh boy it was worth waiting for! It is great, funny and very entertaining all the way through. Christoph Waltz performance is just so amazing, and the movie is almost 3 hours long and i wanted more.
cylentstormJun 28, 2013
Yep--another bit of Tarantino gold to add to the collection. Love it. Oh, and Christoph Waltz really shines here--again. From the despicably evil Jew Hunter to Dr. Schultz: bigot-hating bounty hunter--he really lives these characters. ButYep--another bit of Tarantino gold to add to the collection. Love it. Oh, and Christoph Waltz really shines here--again. From the despicably evil Jew Hunter to Dr. Schultz: bigot-hating bounty hunter--he really lives these characters. But then, everyone usually does with Tarantino at the helm. Great stuff. Expand
bsykes91Jun 20, 2013
Stylistically original and delightfully controversial, Tarantino brings us a "Southern" picture, with great characters and dialogue throughout the movie. Part western, part epic, and part revenge flick, Django Unchained does not fit into aStylistically original and delightfully controversial, Tarantino brings us a "Southern" picture, with great characters and dialogue throughout the movie. Part western, part epic, and part revenge flick, Django Unchained does not fit into a niche, and that's what I love about it. Expand
YorkshiremanJun 18, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant film. I've never really been a fan of western films but I wanted to see this because Tarantino is one of my favourite directors and the films he makes are just pure entertainment. My expectations were high for this but they were blown out of the water, absolutely loved it. Everything about this film was excellent.

Firstly the cast, absolutely brilliant. Jamie Foxx as Django was a very good choice and I really liked him. Christoph Waltz as Dr King Schultz was another great choice and I find myself wondering why he was never discovered in Hollywood before Inglorious Basterds, well done Tarantino, well done. Leonardo DiCaprio was a brilliant choice to play the psychotic Calvin Candie and lastly, Samuel L Jackson as yet another stand out character as Stephen, Candie's butler. Jackson is absolutely hilarious and provides some comedy gold to the film.

Secondly, the plot is very good, which follows Django, a slave who is released from his owners by Dr Schultz who is actually a bounty hunter who needs Django's help with some jobs, he then agrees to help Django find his wife (played by Kerry Washington).

Thirdly, the film is very dark, and in my opinion rightly so, as Tarantino captures the brutality of slavery very well and doesn't hold back on the violence. I feel he dealt with such a serious and sensitive topic very well in the way it was portrayed. There have been complaints of the excessive use of racial slurs in the film but in my opinion this is how it would have been during the slave trade.

Furthermore, look out for the scene with Big Daddy (Don Johnson) and his workers when they hunt try to kill Django, which includes a short cameo from Jonah Hill. The film is hilarious an is like a Monty Python sketch which is something Tarantino has done very well in his films.

Overall, a fantastic film, and up there with Tarantino's best in my opinion. Very dark at times but has it's hilarious moments and will keep you entertained from start to finish.
Ricochet84Jun 16, 2013
Loved Django If I ever have a son, I'm gonna name him Django. I loved the southern grammar they used. It was entertaining to watch everyone get all country on us. Especially Leonardo DiCaprio This is definitely one of my favorite movies ofLoved Django If I ever have a son, I'm gonna name him Django. I loved the southern grammar they used. It was entertaining to watch everyone get all country on us. Especially Leonardo DiCaprio This is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Excellent job Quentin Tarentino Expand
DownniceJun 14, 2013
This movie has moments but does not do it. I thought Waltz, Foxx, and Dicaprio did great work but the script was thin and the plot was not done correctly. To be honest the violence and Language is way to much. This film almost felt like aThis movie has moments but does not do it. I thought Waltz, Foxx, and Dicaprio did great work but the script was thin and the plot was not done correctly. To be honest the violence and Language is way to much. This film almost felt like a parody and with this type of talent it should not happen. I was expecting a Red Dead Redemption which I thought was extremely well done as a story.

Okay movie
mds03Jun 9, 2013
This is easily one of the best movies ever made. It has fantastic acting, awesome characters, amazing and hilariously bloody shoot out scenes, an outside the box story, a great script, and a great everything! I was on the edge of my seat theThis is easily one of the best movies ever made. It has fantastic acting, awesome characters, amazing and hilariously bloody shoot out scenes, an outside the box story, a great script, and a great everything! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Quentin Tarantino has done it again. He is one of the best directors ever and he never disappoints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
Sevvy88Jun 7, 2013
Ok, so, I liked it. It ran a little too long for my tastes, but it didn't sour the experience overall. What darkened my score was that the film didn't really "unchain" until near the end of it. Now, when it happens, it's beautiful andOk, so, I liked it. It ran a little too long for my tastes, but it didn't sour the experience overall. What darkened my score was that the film didn't really "unchain" until near the end of it. Now, when it happens, it's beautiful and awesome, and you look back on the scene with fondness, but it just takes too long to get to that point in an already lengthy picture. I feel that Django himself was an honest character, and your really rooting for him by the end. All of the actors are great. A lot of the violence will have you going "Ohhh, THAT HURT!" but it's not the most inspired part of the film. Overall, it's a good movie. Is it on the level of Pulp Fiction? No. Not really. It's Tarantino trying to drive home a message, and while he succeeds at it, I feel that his best work is elsewhere. It's another Tarantino revenge story with a strong narrative, but I think his source material was a little TOO massive for him this time. It's a very strong 7 still though. Expand
loki-sfJun 6, 2013
Action packed film with funny moments and an entertaining story. Really enjoyed it, but can't speak for my other friends who are not that into gory scenes.
drlowdonJun 4, 2013
I can think of very few, if any, directors that have as unique a style as Quentin Tarantino and within 30 seconds of Django Unchained it is immediately clear you are watching one of his movies.

The director’s usual fast paced dialogue,

The director’s usual fast paced dialogue, bloody action sequences and ability to successfully mix comedy and drama to create truly memorable scenes are all on show here. Add in exceptional performances from a talented cast that includes Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and deserved Oscar winner Christopher Waltz, as the dentist turned bounty hunter, and you have an example of the filmmaker at his very best.

Non-Tarantino fans need not apply.
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"Quentin Tarantino has once again proved why he is one of the greatest and most authentic directors making films today, filled with gut-busting violence, Oscar worthy performances and some much comic relief. Django is one of 2012's best"Quentin Tarantino has once again proved why he is one of the greatest and most authentic directors making films today, filled with gut-busting violence, Oscar worthy performances and some much comic relief. Django is one of 2012's best movies, by far." A+ Expand