6.1

1. Apr 10, 2011
    This movie is stupid but in a good way that will keep you glued to the screen.
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    Dodgeball A True Underdog Story is an enjoyable and funny movie even if the two mains Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn are the worst, correction weakest, members of the cast. However Justin Long and Alan Tudyk 2 of the supporting cast are hilarious and make the movie extremely entertaining.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    In a S**tstorm of horrendous new comedies to come out at the beginning of the millenium (aside from "Meet the Parents") some where memorable yet very forgetable, then Came "Dodgeball" and suddenly i fell in love with a sport i barely knew existed and a comedy where Ben Stiller just shined.

"Dodgeball" is literally your Average Joe movie, featuring dumb yet very lovable main "Joes" against the eccentric nutball "Cobras" (the funny thing is that there are too much people nowdays who are fitness nuts like the "Cobras").

But really if you came to find clever and witiness in this movie switch it off now, cause really if you're like everyone else you wanna see some DODGEBALL!, the Hits in this movie make me cry with laughter and with names like "Skillz that Killz" and the "Las Vegas P.D.", the film knows what it is and just has fun with itself.

Vince Vaughn is a very likable character and then you got Rip Torn who i feel dishes out insults just as well as Seargent Hartmman did in "Full Metal Jacket".

Final Verdict: Add mulitple hilarious yet pointless cameo's from the likes of Lance Armstrong, William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and CHUCK NORRIS, "Dodgeball" just gets more nuts everytime i see it.

Final Verdict: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and... Dodge
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    I really didn' get what all the comic fuss was about. It had its moments and is certainly very quotable but it's not the kind of film I'll remember when I'm old and grey. This isn't clever comedy this is cash-in comedy. Vaughan seems to be ready to recieve his cheque from scene 1. I'm dodging this film next time it is suggested to me.
  5. AndrewH.
    Jul 10, 2006
    One of my friends told me it was the funniest movies he'd ever seen. After I saw it, I realized my friend is stupid. The only good part of the entire movie was Chuck Norris's cameo. Other than that, the whole movie was stupid.
  6. STFUMETA
    Jan 23, 2009
    Funny, crazy and entertaining. Anyone expecting tear-summoning acting or awe-inspiring plots needs to redefine their ideas of the comedy genre. It's funny and you can watch it over and over again. Simply fantastic.
  7. M.Daye
    Feb 4, 2006
    Faecal, even for a Ben Stiller film. He has really crossed the line from mildly amusing to tiresome and completely uninventive. Not worth any credit.
  8. RodrigoD
    May 26, 2009
    Probably the worst movie I have ever seen.
  9. RobH.
    Oct 29, 2005
    Totally Rubbish! Very unoriginal & tacky! Rubiish punchlines, Don't waste your time, go walk the dog or something.
  10. Nov 26, 2011
    I have watched this film countless times and I still find it funny. Its original, Solid acting, and its funny from start to finish. I would totally recommend this.
  11. Oct 6, 2011
    This movie has so many different concepts thrown into one comedy, and it all surprisingly works, the entire cast for the most part works extremely well together, while some elements aren't all perfect you will still have a blast watching this and laugh a lot.
  12. Jan 26, 2012
    Its a hilarious, original comedy with a good cast that does their part well. The huge flaw of the film? Its gets insanely sappy and generic in the last 30 mins of the film and it ruins the film quite a bit. Its still hilarious though and I would highly recommend it if you want a good laugh.
  13. ElizabethC.
    Jun 30, 2004
    This is a hilarious movie..i didnt have a minute where i wasnt either laughing..or enjoying the movie thoroughly...
  14. JayH.
    Oct 7, 2004
    Funny anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a sense of humour.
  15. Tony
    Jun 18, 2004
    Loved It!!!!!!!!
  16. GuyIncognito
    Jun 19, 2004
    Thank god for movies like this. Funny from beginning to end. I'm glad not everyone takes life so seriously. This film will put a smile on your face and leave it there for days.
  17. JeffR.
    Jun 19, 2004
    This was easily the funniest movie i've seen in years - even funnier than old school. a lot of these critics, i am afraid, just dont want to get it. juvenile? yes. dumb? yes. but can't we put the flashlight pen away for a second to realize that not all movies have to be a deep and engrossing affair?! Dodgeball was mean to entertain, and it does so brilliantly. every character wasThis was easily the funniest movie i've seen in years - even funnier than old school. a lot of these critics, i am afraid, just dont want to get it. juvenile? yes. dumb? yes. but can't we put the flashlight pen away for a second to realize that not all movies have to be a deep and engrossing affair?! Dodgeball was mean to entertain, and it does so brilliantly. every character was memorable and hilarious, most notably stiller and vaughn, who played off each other like old pros. if you dont have the right sense of humor for this movie, you already know it from the previews, so dont waste your time. but for anyone who enjoys a little lack of subtlety every now and then, you'll adore this one. it's a classic. Expand
  18. KenG.
    Jun 21, 2004
    I haven't laughed this loud and hard at a movie since Airplane. This is a downright tear-inducing, laugh-till-it-hurts film that manages to satirize multiple subjects while making you care about the underdogs. We need more movies like this!
  19. NunyoB.
    Jun 21, 2004
    It had its funny moments, and it was better than Zoolander (but that's not saying much). I thank the movie studios for not using all the best jokes in the trailers. Wait for it to come out on video.
  20. ForutoF.
    Jun 21, 2004
    This movie was 1 of da comedies of dis year soo fr. a must c movie 4 ppl whoz lookin 4 a fun time. i was laughin my ass off durin da whole time.
  21. JaredH.
    Jun 20, 2004
    I laughed my ass off. Don't miss it.
  22. Fantasy
    Jun 25, 2004
    Too freakin funny for words.
  23. AndyS.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Funniest movie of the year!
  24. PhillipR.
    Jul 24, 2004
    An absolute riot that gets funnier as it goes along. Ignore the naysayers, this film has the cult potential of a film like "Office Space." The cast is perfection. If you enjoyed films like "Office Space", "Better Off Dead", and "King Pin", then don't miss this. Be warned that it is - in places - quite vulgar so if you have delicate sensibilities the movie is not recommended. If you An absolute riot that gets funnier as it goes along. Ignore the naysayers, this film has the cult potential of a film like "Office Space." The cast is perfection. If you enjoyed films like "Office Space", "Better Off Dead", and "King Pin", then don't miss this. Be warned that it is - in places - quite vulgar so if you have delicate sensibilities the movie is not recommended. If you are in the mood for a belly laugh then don't miss it. It makes the best use of celebrity cameos that I have ever seen. Expand
  25. AdamK.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Haha, look, that kid got hit with a ball, right in his face!! Oh my god, that is SOOO funny! What a piece of garbage this movie is. Ben stiller is one joke done 20 times over - over the course of 2 hours. Oh you're a pirate? Guess what, you're not funny. When chuck norris is your best hope for survival, you need to re-evaluate your writer's comedic talents. I was stone Haha, look, that kid got hit with a ball, right in his face!! Oh my god, that is SOOO funny! What a piece of garbage this movie is. Ben stiller is one joke done 20 times over - over the course of 2 hours. Oh you're a pirate? Guess what, you're not funny. When chuck norris is your best hope for survival, you need to re-evaluate your writer's comedic talents. I was stone faced during this one. Expand
  26. KelR.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This movie has no witty humor, it's chalked full brainless jokes. When someone gets hit in the groin the first time with a dodge ball it's a little funny, but after 100+ times that's just downright stupid. However, even though I thought it was excruciating to watch there was a good amount of laughing going on from other people, so if you like humor without any satire or wit This movie has no witty humor, it's chalked full brainless jokes. When someone gets hit in the groin the first time with a dodge ball it's a little funny, but after 100+ times that's just downright stupid. However, even though I thought it was excruciating to watch there was a good amount of laughing going on from other people, so if you like humor without any satire or wit then this is for you. Expand
  27. LarryS.
    Jul 8, 2004
    A perfect example of what's wrong with the American movie industry! What a poor excuse for entertainment! A movie for some adolesencent boys.
  28. BobH.
    Jul 9, 2004
    To those who did not find this film funny I have one thing to say: GET A LIFE!
  29. MisterThomYorke
    Jul 9, 2004
    Lighten up! If you saw the previews and thought it would be funny you will not be disappointed, if you jsut went and saw it cause some fancy pants arthouse movie from Europe you wanted to see was sold out, you obviously won't be pleased. It's not intelligent but its not marketed as an intelligent movie, its about a sport kids play in gym. Stiller doesn't dissappoint for the Lighten up! If you saw the previews and thought it would be funny you will not be disappointed, if you jsut went and saw it cause some fancy pants arthouse movie from Europe you wanted to see was sold out, you obviously won't be pleased. It's not intelligent but its not marketed as an intelligent movie, its about a sport kids play in gym. Stiller doesn't dissappoint for the first time in a long time. One of the funniest low brow movies in some time. Expand
  30. MikeG.
    Feb 25, 2005
    One of those movies where the characters are either too unlikeable to laugh at (Stiller) or too forgettable and cliched (the Average Joes) to even remember five seconds after the film ends. There's some funny gags here, and Jason Bateman and Gary Cole are the best thing this film has going as the announcers. But how many times can you laugh at a guy being pelted with a dodgeball? The One of those movies where the characters are either too unlikeable to laugh at (Stiller) or too forgettable and cliched (the Average Joes) to even remember five seconds after the film ends. There's some funny gags here, and Jason Bateman and Gary Cole are the best thing this film has going as the announcers. But how many times can you laugh at a guy being pelted with a dodgeball? The plot is totally uninteresting. Expand
  31. DavidM.
    Feb 7, 2005
    Funniest Film ever.
  32. sophies.
    Feb 8, 2005
    I loved it!
  33. NadeenE.
    Mar 29, 2005
    It's the best movie ever!
  34. kylet.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This was a awsome movie.
  35. JohnH
    Apr 19, 2008
    I would have given it a 0, but Chuck Norris would kill me.
  36. MichaelM.
    Oct 21, 2004
    It's no "Old School", but it's definetly pretty funny. Ben Stiller is a hoot in this, but Vince Vaughn doesn't really impress as the leading character. Still, it's a worthy rental!
  37. SusanM.
    Dec 16, 2004
    I loved this movie! I don't know how anyone could find it any less than totally hilarious!! Best comedy I've seen all year.
  38. PatrickM.
    Jun 19, 2004
    I was honestly a little torn after seeing this: I knew I liked it, but was it up at the level of Old School? No, but it was still fun to watch. Gotta love Ben Stiller, who saved it at times from becoming monotonous. But I couldnt help noticing how bland Vince Vaughn was at times. And really, it wasn't just him, it was most of the characters in the movie. The dumbest character was the I was honestly a little torn after seeing this: I knew I liked it, but was it up at the level of Old School? No, but it was still fun to watch. Gotta love Ben Stiller, who saved it at times from becoming monotonous. But I couldnt help noticing how bland Vince Vaughn was at times. And really, it wasn't just him, it was most of the characters in the movie. The dumbest character was the guy who thought he was a pirate. Just not funny. at all. I couldn't help but think that at times, the "average joes" weren't even close to that schtick. They werent greedy, were modest, I mean I think this should have been the "average joe monastery". When will Stiller get old? Some think he is there, but keep doing your thing. I will pay $8.00 to see it...along with two other movies free of charge *wink* Expand
  39. VinceH.
    Jun 19, 2004
    The first satisfying comedy of the year. Should please fans of movies like "Old School", "Starsky & Hutch", "American Wedding" etc. I am glad to see Ben Stiller doing his character from "Heavyweights", which I LOVED. Vince Vaughn is great as the straight man & Rip Torn steals all his scenes. My only complaint is that it's too short! I wanted more plot (and Dodgeball) but the laughs The first satisfying comedy of the year. Should please fans of movies like "Old School", "Starsky & Hutch", "American Wedding" etc. I am glad to see Ben Stiller doing his character from "Heavyweights", which I LOVED. Vince Vaughn is great as the straight man & Rip Torn steals all his scenes. My only complaint is that it's too short! I wanted more plot (and Dodgeball) but the laughs more than make up for it. Expand
  40. DavidC.
    Jun 19, 2004
    This movie succeeded at what it aimed for. Very funny!!!
  41. AndrewK.
    Jun 19, 2004
    People seem to be blowing this one up too much. It was funny, but not THAT funny. I'm sure we'll all forget about it once the next cameo-fillled, Sandleresque premised, dick and fart joke, predictable film starring some of our favorite comedians comes along. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but come on (its like, come on). These movies are a dime a dozen. It'll make People seem to be blowing this one up too much. It was funny, but not THAT funny. I'm sure we'll all forget about it once the next cameo-fillled, Sandleresque premised, dick and fart joke, predictable film starring some of our favorite comedians comes along. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but come on (its like, come on). These movies are a dime a dozen. It'll make you laugh. Then you'll be waiting for the next movie to take its place. Expand
  42. MarkB.
    Jun 21, 2004
    A cinematic treatment of that most mean-spirited of all playground sports may or may not have been in order, but this sophomoric spoof's frequent substitution of energy (which admittedly it has in abundance) for real comic invention indicates that the definitive movie on the subject has yet to be made. Best reason to see it is Ben Stiller's gleeful scenery-chewing as evil A cinematic treatment of that most mean-spirited of all playground sports may or may not have been in order, but this sophomoric spoof's frequent substitution of energy (which admittedly it has in abundance) for real comic invention indicates that the definitive movie on the subject has yet to be made. Best reason to see it is Ben Stiller's gleeful scenery-chewing as evil health-club mogul White Goodman; Stiller, whose film appearances in the first half of 2004 outnumbers Gene Hackman's or Michael Caine's in most other years, clearly relishes the chance to take a break from the passive-aggressive nebbishes he's too often relegated to playing--and his joy is contagious. Second best reason comes late in the film when we get to ESPN8's coverage of the championship; the sportscasters' non sequiturs evoke pleasant memories of Fred Willard's truly gutbusting fish-out-of-water coverage of the dog derby in Best In Show. Otherwise, like dodgeball itself, very hit-or-miss; a seemingly surefire slam-dunk parody of moldy educational films falls flat; the movie takes a number of senseless and self-contradictory plot twists near the end (which are NOT improved on by the filmmakers' obvious awareness of their bankruptcy)...and you'll need not only all of your own fingers and toes, but those of your spouse, date or best bud to keep track of how many jokes depend on the use or misuse of the word "balls". Expand
  43. S.Nguyen
    Jun 21, 2004
    I commonly find myself naturally laughing and pleased with movies involving ben stiller. Dodgeball, however, was not a ben stiller movie, rather a vince vaughan film. Nonetheless, if you want to enjoy this movie, focus on ben. Personally, this was one of those movies where i had to look for scenes that were somewhat funny and force myself to laugh, because i wanted a good time, but had to I commonly find myself naturally laughing and pleased with movies involving ben stiller. Dodgeball, however, was not a ben stiller movie, rather a vince vaughan film. Nonetheless, if you want to enjoy this movie, focus on ben. Personally, this was one of those movies where i had to look for scenes that were somewhat funny and force myself to laugh, because i wanted a good time, but had to ask myself later "what was so funny about that scene?" i shrugged (not literally, but in my mind) and continued to watch the movie. if i were not disappointed from the lack of humour from the movie, i was definately saddened by the ending. i will not tell you what happened, but rather leave it to you to risk the ordeal and decide what you think of it and the movie in an overall sense. if you choose to see this movie, go in with an underated mind, or you could get dissatisfied with the results. as i have made that mistake, perhaps my review would have scored higher, if i had not expected too much. If you decide to see this film, i wish for you the best and that you will enjoy this film more than i have (which i did not). Concordia cum veritate. Expand
  44. ChadS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    The gym rivalry between Peter LaFleur and White Goodman reminds me of Cheers versus Gary's Old Town Tavern, because LaFleur is very Sam Malone-like. He owns his own business and the clientele are full of average joes (and they're both ladies men) Both Cheers and Average Joe Gym have a uniformed customer; a mailman and pirate respectively. So "Cheers" could be construed as a The gym rivalry between Peter LaFleur and White Goodman reminds me of Cheers versus Gary's Old Town Tavern, because LaFleur is very Sam Malone-like. He owns his own business and the clientele are full of average joes (and they're both ladies men) Both Cheers and Average Joe Gym have a uniformed customer; a mailman and pirate respectively. So "Cheers" could be construed as a template for "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story"; so what? Is it funny? Yes, sort of. When I go to imbecilic comedies, "Zoolander" is the film I use to gauge "quality". Ben Stiller is doggedly amusing at times, but for real dodgeball laughs, check out the geeks in "Freaks and Geeks". Of note, Vince Vaughn's performance belongs in "The Mighty Ducks". He's acting, while everybody else is mugging for the camera. Expand
  45. DodgeThis
    Jun 25, 2004
    This is no doubt the funniest movie I have seen in a long time.
  46. AllenT.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Great movie full of memorable one-liners. Tired of reading stuffy reviewers decry it's not Shakespeare. It's not suppose to be, just a light, funny, even at times endearing movie.
  47. RenaH
    Jul 13, 2004
    Hillariously funny! I literally laughed so loud the person next to me told me to keep it down. If you like silly comedy, where funny things are obvious you'll like this movie. Rather if you like a movie to put forth a big effort for you to crack a smile let a lone let out a chuckle, wait for video.
  48. JonW
    Jul 28, 2004
    This movie is pretty bad...the comedy is lowbrow - but not lowbrow in a good sense ala "airplane" or "naked gun" (I cant believe I am even using those two hallmarks of comedy in the same paragraph as this movie) Dodgeball has its moments, all of them are Stillers but ultimately this movie boils down to a bunch of terrible jokes, bad acting, an atrocious script, and an indifferent attitude This movie is pretty bad...the comedy is lowbrow - but not lowbrow in a good sense ala "airplane" or "naked gun" (I cant believe I am even using those two hallmarks of comedy in the same paragraph as this movie) Dodgeball has its moments, all of them are Stillers but ultimately this movie boils down to a bunch of terrible jokes, bad acting, an atrocious script, and an indifferent attitude for the viewer. Not to mention that when Stiller does make you laugh, which he will, it is just recycled material that you have seen a million times before. AN unimaginative, unoriginal bore of a movie. D/D- Save your money and go see Bourne Supremacy Expand
  49. MartinL.
    Jul 28, 2004
    This movie is fantastic. See it if you can.
  50. AaronG.
    Jul 3, 2004
    The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and bulls..t I pitied those uninformed on Michael Moore's agenda) and Spiderman 2 (UNBELIVABLE!) and enjoyed it. There are enough laugh-out-loud bits The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and bulls..t I pitied those uninformed on Michael Moore's agenda) and Spiderman 2 (UNBELIVABLE!) and enjoyed it. There are enough laugh-out-loud bits to warrant a viewing. Hell, the cameos alone are worth a ticket purchase. Stay till the VERY END for a line from Ben Stiller that may be the best line in any movie this year (it had me laughing to the parking lot-Chuck Norris anyone?). Go see it and ease your mind for a good 2 hours. Enjoy! Expand
  51. RichardG.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Alot of people, like movies, just because the saw it, they like the movie just because a certain actor is in it, they like spin. You know what? Those people SUCK. and this movie sucks, it is unfunny and cheesy, I was not looking for and big drama, or Robert deniro stuff, but I wanted to laugh, and this didnt make me laugh. It was very stupid and seemed rushed. It seems like many of you Alot of people, like movies, just because the saw it, they like the movie just because a certain actor is in it, they like spin. You know what? Those people SUCK. and this movie sucks, it is unfunny and cheesy, I was not looking for and big drama, or Robert deniro stuff, but I wanted to laugh, and this didnt make me laugh. It was very stupid and seemed rushed. It seems like many of you have never seen the comedic "Airplane!" I feel sorry for you, this is what you are left with, and this is what you have to love. I would recomend this for tta rental though, after all Ben stiller fans will see anything. Expand
  52. PatrickH.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Hilarious, creative, and hysterical!!!
  53. MichaelJ.
    Jul 3, 2004
    After seeing Ben Stiller's last movie Envy, I was unsure about how good this would be. The answer to that is amazingly amazing. This is the funniest movie involving Ben Stiller since Zoolander. I was laughing throughout the entire movie. It is the kind of stupid comedy which is fun and extremely funny, regardless of what the "critics" say. Watch the movie. Enjoy it. Repeat.
  54. MaggieH.
    Aug 15, 2004
    UK viewer - seen in Corfu on holiday - twice. Can't wait for it's release in the UK as my 17 yr old son stayed at home and will love it. Every tiome you watch it you see something else in the background. And any adult type stuff goes way over the heads of younger kids so I'd say it's safe for families. there's definately a Dodgeball fan zone in Corfu - all the UK viewer - seen in Corfu on holiday - twice. Can't wait for it's release in the UK as my 17 yr old son stayed at home and will love it. Every tiome you watch it you see something else in the background. And any adult type stuff goes way over the heads of younger kids so I'd say it's safe for families. there's definately a Dodgeball fan zone in Corfu - all the people working in the resorts for the season ( Irish, English etc) can't get enough of it - on those chill out hours before the bar work starts they congregate round the screens - " Whats on MTV / Cable ? Will & Grace / Frasier!!!!! ????? Who wants to watch Dodgeball ? Yeah!!!!!!!!! It's not in the all time greats maybe but it's pretty close. Expand
  55. MattA
    Aug 22, 2004
    I feel that this movie delivered everything i figured that it would... crude slapstick comedy and good times. It was all around funny to watch and probably the funniest movie ive seen all year.
  56. DarrinM
    Sep 22, 2004
    Pure s.... Stiller is average, Vaughn looks like he cant be bothered...that this tops the box office sums up the state of American society...dumb down any further and you would be braindead! Sad waste of two hours of my life I will never get back.
  57. mitchm
    Jan 12, 2005
    As long as one doesn't screw their expectations up to, say, the level of ELF, this 90 minutes will digest rather easily.
  58. Tony
    Jan 13, 2005
    Loved It!!!!!!!!
  59. Wongit
    Jan 15, 2005
    Absolutely hilarious, one of the funniest movies this year. its one of those films thats so stupid its funny, and when its funny its real funny. great movie!!
  60. ZackE.
    Jan 6, 2005
    It was the coolest movie that year.
  61. TylerN.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Dodgeball has to be one of the most disapointing movies I have ever seen, even after already having low expectations. The overly cliche "group of losers vs winners" comedy resembles a made-for-tv movie for UPN rather than a theatrical release. I personally can't believe Ben Stiller stooped so low.
  62. JoeyK.
    Jan 2, 2006
    This movie is simply hilarious. It's silly and wierd, and that's the point. Don't expect a deep, thoughtful flick here. But the jokes are still great, far better than average.
  63. JoelH
    Jan 30, 2007
    It's not a good movie...but it is very fun to watch. With a comedy, thats all I care about.
  64. AdamR.
    Apr 10, 2007
    Don't listen to metacritic this time. I was expecting it to be at least higher than 80. It should have been a hundred. !0 out of 10. Great movie!
  65. JayR
    Mar 21, 2008
    Simply the funniest film I have ever seen!
  66. JoeA.
    Nov 13, 2004
    If you've got nothing to see and are looking for a comedy with actors you like, see this. Don't expect much, though. Too bad, as I really like Vaughn and Stiller, but they're wasted here.
    Jun 18, 2004
    Very Funny Movie, Great Performances!
  68. RobertA.
    Jun 19, 2004
    Dodge, wrenches, and a very funny cast, (including that guy from arrested development), makes this movie pretty funny go see it dodge dip duck d----uh forgot that one and then dodge again funny stuff watch out for wrenches. robert.
  69. Brandon
    Jun 19, 2004
    I thought this was going to tottally suck but im shocked, it was very funny and cleaver. Great characters...great christine taylor, good movie.
  70. ZackO.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Absolutely hilarious! Ben Stiller makes the movie so funny. i could not stop cracking up in the theatre. the best part is wen everyone in the theater goes "OOOOOOH!" whenever someone gets slammed with a dodgeball. this cant be beat!
  71. OmarYounis
    Jun 22, 2004
    Okay, to the lady who burst out in uncontrollable laughter everytime someone is hit with something: Do yourself a big favor and go buy the american home videos box set. You will wet your pants many times over. I'm sorry, but this movie was redundant, predictable and cheesy. I laughed out loud once, at the very end, other than that, i smiled a few times, but for the most part I Okay, to the lady who burst out in uncontrollable laughter everytime someone is hit with something: Do yourself a big favor and go buy the american home videos box set. You will wet your pants many times over. I'm sorry, but this movie was redundant, predictable and cheesy. I laughed out loud once, at the very end, other than that, i smiled a few times, but for the most part I didn't break a stoned-face expression. None of the characters had any depth whatsoever, and often times jokes were dragged on beyond their life expectancy. Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn deserve credit for doing the best you can possibly do with such empty material. Expand
  72. AlexmichA.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Its just pure fun, nothing to take seriously or to have deep thoughts about...just somthing to make you forget about problems and feel happy...just pure entertainment.
  73. TedB.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Most of the people in the theater with me were belly laughing. Excellent low-brow, slapstick humor. Rip Torn was hilarious!
  74. DavidT.
    Jun 24, 2004
    First off, anybody who expected a profound, scathing satire obviously did not see the previews. Of course the entire movie is about getting hit in the crotch, but it works! The characters are so stereotypically extreme it is just funny. The cameos from all of the sports people were hilarious too.
  75. AliceZ.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Really funny! I saw the trailer and really wasn't expecting much, but it was so funny! My friends and i cant stop quoting it!
  76. TyL.
    Jun 27, 2004
    This movie is the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. We are talking, up there with Billy Madison. The critics that base all of the negative feedback on the lewd references need to simmer down, you can't be politically correct all the time, and if we were, the world would be a boring place.
  77. BrianK.
    Jun 27, 2004
    I was expecting a really funny movie when I went to see it. It wasn't!! I would say maybe 5 parts were funny!! This is a rental!!
  78. VikramM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I normally don't like comedies like this. I really like comedies that don't have much about the crotch and all that. This was a huge exception. This movie was HILARIOUS! It's intentions are not supposed to be good and it is not supposed to be the best movie in the world, but it was SOOO funny! The slapstick humor, dialogue, everything! This was one of the funniest modern I normally don't like comedies like this. I really like comedies that don't have much about the crotch and all that. This was a huge exception. This movie was HILARIOUS! It's intentions are not supposed to be good and it is not supposed to be the best movie in the world, but it was SOOO funny! The slapstick humor, dialogue, everything! This was one of the funniest modern comedies I have seen in a while. Great movie, I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  79. PaulM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Moderately funny in some scenes and then freaking hilarious in others, this is a must-see.
  80. EdG.
    Jul 11, 2004
    Yea, the humor was brainless and the jokes were crude but I laughed out loud with the rest of the theater from about 30 min. into the movie until it ended. I can't wait for the DVD!
  81. SeanR.
    Jul 13, 2004
    This movie was great. Kinda reminded of Miracle except without all the political turmoil. It really is a story of an underdog winning it all. Also like Villanova circa 1986. Truly funny and inspiring. All the cameos were great to from Lance Armstrong to William Shatner. This was a great movie and everyone should see it.
  82. PeteR.
    Jul 23, 2004
    The plot was so ridiculous even Ben Stiller should have been smart enough to reject it. A completely unbelievable script is perfectly fine for a movie this silly, but unfortunately it needs to be funny to back that up. This movie had a few funny moments but was ultimately NOT worth seeing. Obviously the acting is nothing special either. I wouldn't bother going to see it unless it was free.
  83. KevinR.
    Jul 31, 2004
    Pretty much a cookie cutter sports comedy in which the attempts at laughter are stunningly predictable. The best thing about this movie is that it's over quickly.
  84. MattG.
    Jan 24, 2005
    Hilarious, but most of the vote goes to the after-credits sequence.
  85. SteveP.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Oh god I love this film. I Love Ben Stiller (in a totally non-sextual way), I loved the Steve the Pirate guy. It was so funny I almost hyperventilated (I'm not kidding).
  86. AmanG.
    Dec 28, 2004
    One of the funniest movies ever made. Any viewer who goes into the movie expecting it to take itself seriously will obviously not find it funny. All the scenes which seem stupid or awkward are SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. If a cameo seems dumb, that's because it's supposed to be! This movie obviously went over the head of some of these reviewers. It's absolutely hilarious - if One of the funniest movies ever made. Any viewer who goes into the movie expecting it to take itself seriously will obviously not find it funny. All the scenes which seem stupid or awkward are SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. If a cameo seems dumb, that's because it's supposed to be! This movie obviously went over the head of some of these reviewers. It's absolutely hilarious - if you can appreciate comedic subtlety, you will love it. Expand
  87. ch
    Nov 24, 2007
    Looking at both the user reviews, the professional reviews, and just from what I hear from my friends, Dodgeball is a very hit or miss movie. You either love it or you dont. Truth be told, I did not. This comedy is geared more towards the slapstick fans and not quite so much for the verbal bits. Since slapstick was never my thing, I sat through the entire movie with a blank face. Looking at both the user reviews, the professional reviews, and just from what I hear from my friends, Dodgeball is a very hit or miss movie. You either love it or you dont. Truth be told, I did not. This comedy is geared more towards the slapstick fans and not quite so much for the verbal bits. Since slapstick was never my thing, I sat through the entire movie with a blank face. What's sad is that the funniest bits of the movie were all put in the trailer, so there's really no reason to waste your time on this one. Expand
  88. May 25, 2012
    The movie may just seem like a dodgeball movie, but its more than that. Its funny throughout and the characters each have their own chunk of personality to contribute to the story.
  89. Feb 15, 2012
    this is by far my favorite movie comon man it aint a 55 get a life and enjoy the little things...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................k.............................................................bye
  90. Jul 4, 2012
    Stupid funny is a good way to describe this movie. Stiller's character is so overblown that if you can't laugh at it, you might be dead-check your pulse. "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball."
  91. Nov 15, 2012
    This is great Stiller. He's not just funny, he's electrifyingly hilarious. Dodgeball's his best work since Zoolander.
  92. Nov 28, 2012
    "Dodgeball" turns out to be a healthy showcase of all kinds of humor from an interesting cast of characters.
  93. Dec 1, 2013
    This movie was hilarious. Sure, dodgeball will probably never be an actual sport, it still has a funny sense that will make you want to play dodgeball.
  94. Nov 13, 2013
    The Underdogs grab life by the balls.
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story is an extremely idiotic, overdone, but yet miraculously hilarious story. The actors save the scripts nutty hijinks from being a complete train wreck by selling what their given.
  95. Jan 11, 2014
    It has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping them from winning the $50,000 dollars ,needed to repay loans on the business, in a dodgeball tourney. This funny, and relatable movie will have youIt has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping them from winning the $50,000 dollars ,needed to repay loans on the business, in a dodgeball tourney. This funny, and relatable movie will have you feeling every feeling man has ever known. Expand

Stiller, a DodgeBall producer, is revealing an unfortunate craving for the cheese of his childhood.
    A blistering satire of feel-good sports movies, this film makes its mark via the most direct route: it lampoons by adopting the tried-and-true "straight" formula and tweaking it a little.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Take it from someone who can still feel the hollow rubber tang! of old dodgeball scars: It feels great to be blindsided by a little movie like this.