6.0

1. Nov 22, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie. It was full of laughs despite being a bit all over the place. I love all the southern accents on all the characters. I thought it was fairly original pitting two star comedy actors against each other. I had a hard time figuring out which guy to cheer for, Ferrell or Galifianakis. The yo mamma jokes were kick ass too!
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    The Campaign is a modern look at politics and the art of campaigning for office. Zach Galifinakis gives his best on-screen performance to date. Still, the film is cheapened by Will Ferrell and some unnecessary dirty jokes.
  3. May 2, 2014
    This movie was quite a pleasant surprise for me, going into knowing that it stared notorious comedians Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis I feared that it would be hyper focused on making me laugh. Well, it did make me laugh - quite a bit - but it also asked some thought evoking questions. The amount of substance in this movie was quite an unexpected addition to the healthy amount of sillyThis movie was quite a pleasant surprise for me, going into knowing that it stared notorious comedians Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis I feared that it would be hyper focused on making me laugh. Well, it did make me laugh - quite a bit - but it also asked some thought evoking questions. The amount of substance in this movie was quite an unexpected addition to the healthy amount of silly "potty" jokes. After watching The Campaign I was left feeling that Galifianakis and Ferrell didn't just make this movie to make a paycheck, it seemed as though they were hiding behind their funny-guy exteriors and expressing dissatisfaction with the state of the union. All in all I can't recommend this movie enough. Expand
  4. Mar 18, 2014
    in every that will ferrel is in . it always ends up will is always has something to say that is funny . a movie about two man Will Ferrel and Zack Galifankis who want to be in the congress they are getting i into a election . as in every election starts they half to have a campaign . they start a rival and do stupid crazy stunts . will ferrel is the funniest role for this movie .
  5. Oct 2, 2013
    This movie is hilarious. Hands down one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. They took advantage of the political theme of this movie and got some golden jokes out of it. 5/5!
  6. Oct 1, 2013
    The Campaign was just another comedy in my opinion. The idea is nice, but it wasn`t that funny.To many over the top moments. In this movie Zach Galifianakis plays the least funny character I have seen him play.Maybe if you watch this movie while having a drink or something it will be better but I was sober.
  7. Sep 23, 2013
    pretty hilarious at times. I felt that it wasn't quite classic gold but I have to admit there were moments that had me cracking up pretty damn hard. Of course the infamous baby punching scene was funny and the jokes to follow were even better!
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    A typical vehicle for Will and Zach. There's not much of a message here, other than avoid these types of movies and find a better so-called comedy to watch on your Friday night when you're flipping through channels on TV. The writing is horrible, and the jokes come across as stupid and forced. Nothing in this movie seems to go right.
  9. Jun 26, 2013
    A film about politics... and it's really stupid. Figures.

The main point of this film is to make a person laugh. And I did. Quite a lot. From simple things like the sight of Pugs staring out of a window, full of jealousy, to a baby being punched in the face. It is no masterpiece, but I was never bored and was always entertained. Ferrell and Galifianakis work great as the two rivals,
    A film about politics... and it's really stupid. Figures.

Ferrell and Galifianakis work great as the two rivals, and although this is mainly Galifianakis' story, the film tries to make you relate to both the characters. The film works pretty well, and definitely isn't one of Ferrell's so called 'misses', but I wouldn't say it was an 'Anchorman' level, simply because it doesn't have that sort of quotable nature- there are many more visual jokes etc.

The ending does ruin the fun feeling of the whole film, as many of the jokes seem to be taken too far, and everything then has to keep to the formula to keep the audience satisfied at the end- but overall this is a funny and entertaining film, that actually does have a bit to say about Politics.
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    It is a comedy to watch if you don't have anything else do an evening. Zach GAlifianakis was good but not as good as in the hangover and it's a kind of a funny story. I don't really like willam ferrel but he was likeable in that movie.That's all i have to say for this movie
  11. Jun 7, 2013
    I absolutely hate Will Ferrell, but I love Zach Galifianakis, even still, the Campaign is not usually the type of movie I would watch, so why did I? What put this film over the top and on to my radar, was it's Director, Jay Roach. He may not have name recognition, but when the man who Directed the Austin Powers and Meet The Parents trilogies releases a new comedy, I for one take notice.I absolutely hate Will Ferrell, but I love Zach Galifianakis, even still, the Campaign is not usually the type of movie I would watch, so why did I? What put this film over the top and on to my radar, was it's Director, Jay Roach. He may not have name recognition, but when the man who Directed the Austin Powers and Meet The Parents trilogies releases a new comedy, I for one take notice. The Campaign is also different from most Ferrell movies, being that it has a storyline, and he is a co-star, lessening the chances of him running off on some insane hallucination. Ferrell plays four term Congressman, Cam Brady, a wildly popular brown nose, who is hated by the opposing party. He's about to get a fifth term, unopposed, when a group of millionaires decide to fiance a campaign against him, featuring the son of a legend in Washington. There's one problem though, this man's son, is a complete idiot. As the campaign rages it's the veteran politician against his haters money and both sides will go to any and all lengths to win. This movie was a million times better than I thought it would be and absolutely hysterical. The writers take the idea of a dirty campaign and bring it to the extreme, with some things that have to be seen to be believed. Zach Galifianakis doesn't disappoint, giving us perhaps his best character since Alan in the Hangover, and to give credit where credit is due, yes, Will Ferrell matched him line for line, in what was the only thing I've liked him in since Elf. The film is further supported by some comedic legends in bit parts, making it a terrific, well-rounded comedy, that uses multiple styles to achieve it's goal of having the audience in hysterics. Expand
  12. Jun 5, 2013
    I expected a lot from this movie, but the sad truth it was really horrible though so I would not recommend watching it. The writing was horrible, the acting bad and jokes over used.
  13. Jun 4, 2013
    If you've ever seen a Will Ferrell comedy you’ll know exactly what type of humour to expect from The Campaign. Despite a very funny performance from Zach Galifianakis however it never really comes close to reaching the highs of Ferrell’s better movies and so, while it certainly makes for a watchable hour and a half, this won’t be one I’ll be watching more than once.
  14. May 4, 2013
    the funniest thing about this movie is the fact that it is 1 and a half hour long but it feels like 3 hours...oh wait that's not funny.
    i don't know much about the American politics but i do understand that there is a message behind this movie however i don't think that the message has been delivered correctly with these stupid characters and silly jokes and stupid events i didn't laugh at all in this so called comedy movie.
  15. Mar 27, 2013
    There are plenty of silly but crude laughs in The Campaign to make it a decent attempt at seeing a funnier side of the election year, but it falls into many traps that make it stopped it from being so much better.
    Will Ferrell stars as Cam Brady, an undefeated and unchallenged Congressman, but after leaving an explicit voicemail, he finally faces competition in the form of Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), a simple-minded yet friendly tour guide, who is strategically placed by the corrupt Motch brothers, who are played and underused greatly by John Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd.
    The funnier moments are at the beginning of the film, the best part of the film has to be when Marty's family decides to let slip secrets to Marty by his request in case it ruins his election, the answers are crude, but are side-splittingly funny.
    What the ongoing problem was in the film was its corrupt sub-plot, something this film could have done without entirely, as it had its own standing stone and little jabs at the current system that would have made the film better.
    The two leads are on fine form though, Galifianakis in particular, who has created a very different sort of character, but Ferrell's character seems too toned down for the actor, whose ridiculous yet quite ingenious turn in Step Brothers was in a better good tone.
    Dylan McDermott also makes quite a comedic turn as the corrupt campaign manger, trying to spruce up and bring Huggins away from his current personality and making him compete and challenge Brady on a verbal and marketing scale.
    The big flaw in the film was that it never lets these two leads free, why couldn't they properly trash talk to each other, improvised and unhinged, instead we get a predictable plot with very little to laugh at after the first 30 mins. While there are a few gags throughout the entire film, they just seem too bland for these actors to put across.
    But ultimately, this is a decent attempt to poke fun at the current political climate by bringing in two powerhouse comedy actors and letting them have at it, its just a shame that it wasn't consistent.
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    To start off, I'm just gonna say that considering the cast involved, this movie could have been a lot better. I love both Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis' acting, but I feel like the writing was poor. So much more could have been done with the story and characters that I felt for most of the movie I was just waiting for something that never happened. It lacked the spark that other filmsTo start off, I'm just gonna say that considering the cast involved, this movie could have been a lot better. I love both Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis' acting, but I feel like the writing was poor. So much more could have been done with the story and characters that I felt for most of the movie I was just waiting for something that never happened. It lacked the spark that other films like Anchorman and Step Brothers possessed. I felt like the premise of the movie was something more suited for Adam Sandler. A slightly above average comedy, with some interesting visuals and jokes, but in all a disappointment. Expand
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    I find this movie is underrated. Not only does it have two of the funniest men in comedy today, but it's the fact that this film pushes an over the top ridiculous look at politics. Ridiculous in a good way.
  18. Mar 11, 2013
    The movie makes good it's promise: raunchy, foul-mouthed humor, amusing moments, and a chemistry between Will and Zach that provides some real laughs without much of a story. The audience this film is intended for will be more than pleased. If you loved "Step Brothers" (2008), this is right up your alley. This is simply a stage for two prominent comedians to slug it out--and it has it'sThe movie makes good it's promise: raunchy, foul-mouthed humor, amusing moments, and a chemistry between Will and Zach that provides some real laughs without much of a story. The audience this film is intended for will be more than pleased. If you loved "Step Brothers" (2008), this is right up your alley. This is simply a stage for two prominent comedians to slug it out--and it has it's moments. North Carolina's district 14 is about to elect a new Congressman. Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) is running unopposed for a fifth consecutive term. After an affair and a massive scandal that follows, Brady's approval rating drops to the point where the billionaire Motch brothers find a candidate to replace him. They choose Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), the son of a famous republican, to run against Brady. The ending is ridiculous in attempting some kind of unity of people, and delivering a "message" after 85 minutes of never ending offensive jokes and gags. It is what it is. Expand
  19. Mar 9, 2013
    Further proof as if any more was needed that Will Ferrell cannot carry a movie. Granted there are funny parts, but you are left with an empty feeling as the credits roll. This is the way I feel after everything Mr. Ferrell does. He should restrict his work to supporting roles.
  20. Feb 11, 2013
    Those expecting sharp political satire need look elsewhere. The Campaign is a typical Will Ferrell vehicle that greatly benefits from the added presence of Galifianakis. The duo provide ample laughs throughout and there are some really funny scenes and lines such as Brady trying to recite the Lord's Prayer from his aides actions or Brady's assertions that everything seems to be 'thisThose expecting sharp political satire need look elsewhere. The Campaign is a typical Will Ferrell vehicle that greatly benefits from the added presence of Galifianakis. The duo provide ample laughs throughout and there are some really funny scenes and lines such as Brady trying to recite the Lord's Prayer from his aides actions or Brady's assertions that everything seems to be 'this nation's backbone' including 'Phillipino tilt-a-whirl operators'. While the film does laugh, and laugh well, at the expense of mud slinging campaigns, expectations of the electorate of a 'real American' politician including portrait of a majestic eagle in the home and of the lack of genuine political discussion, the writers of the likes of The Thick of It need not lose any sleep. Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2013
    Funny satire about American Politics, starring Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis. Of course, it contains lots of toilet humor, but both leads are so energetic and has such a great chemistry that you can't help but laugh. Some gags such as the 'Punching Baby gag' could have been stupid, but in here, it's hilarious. Check it out!
  22. Dec 5, 2012
    A funny movie, but it's the jokes about what's actually going on in politics nowadays that keep the movie fresh, and without them it would just be another run of the mill comedy. That's the main problem with this movie is that it relies on the same dirty humor that every other comedy has. But like I said the not at all subtle cracks on politics keeep this movie enjoyable.
  23. Nov 29, 2012
    Not as good as a lot of other Will Ferrell movies but it's still a very funny movie and watching it after Obama stole yet another election is pretty perfect timing.
  24. Nov 25, 2012
    A hilarious movie about modern politics and politicians, sometimes the actions of main characters were too grotesque, but still the problems observed in this movie are common to all the people all over the world (not only The USA).
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    Want to know the truth about this movie? Well, only a small amount of it is actually real politics. Its actually a decent scripted comedy that pokes at corrupted politics and makes good laughs out of it. It has a few scenes that fall flat, but overall its a funny comedy that offends many.
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    This movie was moderately funny. It had funny parts, more often than not. It also makes the viewer think. It tries to make a point about elections and what the candidates are really thinking and doing. Still a good movie in my opinion.
  27. Nov 5, 2012
    Yes it has moments that are too stupid and tasteless to be funny, but don't all comedies these days? The important part is that it has enough good moments to make up for the bad ones.
  28. Nov 4, 2012
    At times, the Campaign is hilarious, utilizing its' stars chemistry to great effect, and at other times, The Campaign stumbles with poor writing and dialogue. The ending was particularly poor, not really tying things together efficiently at all.
  29. Nov 4, 2012
    The humor is hit-or-miss, but mostly stale. It is fairly passable entertainment until it develops a conscious and gets very dull, very quickly. Sharp satire, this is not.
  30. Nov 2, 2012
    What do you get when you mix two of the greatest comedians and a joke on politics? Well, you get the funniest and crudest movie to make fun of politicians. This movie, is great with all it's raunchy, dirty, and crude humour. The only let down of this movie, is it offers no real character depth, and it's not a spectacle. But, that's all right. What this movie does right is the humor, andWhat do you get when you mix two of the greatest comedians and a joke on politics? Well, you get the funniest and crudest movie to make fun of politicians. This movie, is great with all it's raunchy, dirty, and crude humour. The only let down of this movie, is it offers no real character depth, and it's not a spectacle. But, that's all right. What this movie does right is the humor, and blending two amazing comedians and actors together to make one enjoyable funny romp! Expand
  31. Oct 26, 2012
    With 2 comedy stars and a very strong supporting cast of experianced comediac actors leading this movie, You would have expected it to be a lot funnier then what it was. Plot was generic and got too corny at the end. I am a bit disapointed with it to be honest.
  32. Oct 26, 2012
    "The Campaign" is a new movie with the appearance of two popular comedians, Z. Galifianakis and W. Ferrell. It tells a story of a publicly incompetent person suddenly rising up to challenge a continuous winner of local elections. Their mistakes and errors are shown to be funny, and their connection with a large-scale lobbyists is reminded of throughout the plot.

For me this movie wasn't

For me this movie wasn't that funny as it was supposed to be (some of the jokes were just too basic and lame). However, I liked how it showed that the elections are so dependent of rich investments that you could be destroyed in seconds if you lost them. The power of lobbyists is clearly shown as a small town guy with not the best looks or public social skills suddenly becomes a good example to others just by being helped by a not-so-friendly looking campaign manager. And he loses it as soon as he declines to go with the demands of the investors. This jumping between campaign candidates mocks the lack of any decent stability in the rich populace and shows that they are willing to create and destroy people just to get what they want.

If you look closer at the plot and the issues that are being brought up, one can see that the movie basically mocks the every aspect of the election - starting with the lobbyists and even touching the electors themselves. In a sense you could say that the movie is showing how unintelligent the electoral population can be (no offense meant for the US, stuff like that happens all across the globe): for example, one of the candidates gains points even after releasing a sex tape as a positive and proud campaign ad. In addition, the timing of this movie is just too good to be a coincidence (the peak of the US election campaigns), so it just screams that there has to be some hidden messages in the movie that would target the electors and their preferences in the upcoming voting.

The movie has the stereotypical Aristotelian ending (I won't reveal it if you haven't seen it yet), which both enforces the previous ideas and targets of mockery, and strengthens the positive attributes of the characters of the plot. It is a relatively good movie with some material for laughing and for deeper thinking towards the issues raised by the creative crew. Because of this combination I would call it almost a black humor comedy which is worth watching if you have the spare time for it (not good enough to set some time aside for it)
  33. Oct 20, 2012
    The Campaign follows a race for a North Carolina congressional district between incumbent Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) and newcomer Marty Huggins (Zach Galifinakis) and in most ways its very similar to another Gary Sanchez production, The Other Guys. Much like The Other Guys, The Campaign is a wildly absurd take on a much needed system. In The Other Guys it was the police force. In TheThe Campaign follows a race for a North Carolina congressional district between incumbent Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) and newcomer Marty Huggins (Zach Galifinakis) and in most ways its very similar to another Gary Sanchez production, The Other Guys. Much like The Other Guys, The Campaign is a wildly absurd take on a much needed system. In The Other Guys it was the police force. In The Campaign its local politics. However unlike The Other Guys, The Campaign tries much too hard getting its audience to laugh as it resorts to played out scenarios like adultery and swearing rants (although they are slightly elevated in quality due to Will Ferrell's ability as a performer). The Campaign has many good singular gags, a few touching moments and some actual character but its mostly drowned out by an its downfalls. Many of the jokes fail to land and Zach Galifinakis' Marty Huggins may be one of the most annoying movie characters around. It's a film that tries desperately to be liked and never really strives to be original and because of that it is more irritating than entertaining Expand
  34. Sep 29, 2012
    This movie is (at some points) laugh-out-loud hilarious! This movie contains some inappropriate material, but it is still a great movie. Will Ferrell is astounding as always. Zach Galifianakis is also a terrific actor. This movie is unusually long. I had been anticipating it for a month, but I almost fell asleep in the movie theater while watching it. But overall, it is a great movie.
  35. Sep 28, 2012
    There are funny parts in this movie, but like all comedy movies they over stay their welcome. About half way through you will be bored because instead of being a comedy, it turns into a drama, and a bad one at that. It is fun to see them making fun of how ridiculous campaigns get.
  36. Sep 13, 2012
    This Isent Anything Special
    But It's A Really Solid Good Movie!
  37. Sep 9, 2012
    Truly, this movie had no plot, but was so funny! The movie made me crack up, but the overall creation and story of the movie was messed up entirely. If you've seen other Will Ferrel movies, still see this.
  38. Sep 9, 2012
    I thought the movie had some very funny parts, while you could tell in other parts of the movie, they were just trying to make the movie longer. Overall, I did not feel as if I got my money's worth out of the movie, but would recommend watching it when it is out of theaters.
  39. Sep 8, 2012
    When I saw the general "meh" reaction for this movie when it came out, I assumed it'd just be some cheap, half-hearted, desperate political satire flick that'd become dated as soon as the 2012 election ends. Fortunately I was wrong. VERY wrong. Not only is The Campaign hilarious, but it also mocks many problems in the world of big-time politics in a way that's exaggerated, but stillWhen I saw the general "meh" reaction for this movie when it came out, I assumed it'd just be some cheap, half-hearted, desperate political satire flick that'd become dated as soon as the 2012 election ends. Fortunately I was wrong. VERY wrong. Not only is The Campaign hilarious, but it also mocks many problems in the world of big-time politics in a way that's exaggerated, but still pretty accurate. Now I'll go a little more in depth. First of all this movie was casted pretty much perfectly. Will Ferrell of course is very experienced in the world of political satire, mainly thanks to his many years on SNL, and does an equally great job as Cam Brady, the incumbent, an egotistical jerk who has succumbed to all the temptations of political fame and knows how to give the people what they want in the most shallow yet effective way possible. You can tell that his performance is drawn slightly from a combination of his George W. Bush impression on SNL and Ron Burgandy in Anchorman, but it's more of a similar overall vibe than a blatant copy. Zach Galifinakis also does a great job as Marty Huggins, the newcoming candidate, a timid family man whose motivations are much more authentic and noble, but soon succumbs to some of said temptations later in the movie, albeit with regret. Other notable performances include Dylan McDermott as Tim Watley, Huggins' shady campaign manager, and Karen Maruyama as Mrs. Yao, Huggins' father's housekeeper who provides some of the most unexpectedly funny lines in the whole movie. One thing to note about The Campaign is that most of the comedy isn't exactly high class stuff, but it's done in the most hilarious way possible. Case in point: the Huggles' "family dinner confessions" scene, which I just wanted to go on as long as possible. And of course the political satire is spot-on, tackling all kinds of evil or just plain stupid things that have sadly become commonplace in big-time politics without coming off as preachy or predictable. Most jokes had me cracking up; even the ones that were targeted directly at conservative Republicans such as myself. And that's when you know it's really good. In fact, no matter how raunchy/overall insane this gets, the odd/somewhat scary thing is that it's usually not too far with what really happens, but with a little more silliness involved. Another interesting thing to note is that instead of making the characters one-dimensional personality cut-outs, which they easily could've done, each character has their own personal struggles, such as Brady's realization of how detached he is from his son and Huggins pretty much having to make a choice between his wife's respect & political victory. And these sub-plots are actually resolved by the end of the movie, even though the writers could've just put them in for one scene in the middle and never brought it up again. Also, these sub-plots manage to bring some realism into the world of exaggeration that some of this movie presents, which ultimately lead to the movie's ending, which is centered all around honesty and how important it can really be in the long run. In conclusion, don't take the lukewarm scores too seriously, since this is a fantastic piece of political satire that I'm sure will still be poignant & relevant to the crazily messed up world of politics for years to come. Expand
  40. Sep 8, 2012
    Check out this review of The Campaign: I wasn't very kind to the film because I just didn't like it. http://mostrecentlywatched.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/thecampaign
  41. Aug 27, 2012
    I have come to expect so much more from Ferrell & Galifianakis. Most of the good gags were in the commercials/trailers. The only scene where I laughed out loud was when Zach's character's family comes clean about their sins. I like the story and the commentary on politics today, but it really was short on laughs.
  42. Aug 27, 2012
    I have to say that this movie was a disappointment. Zach Galifianakis at no point in the movie was funny. Will Ferrell carried this movie to the end. This movie had great potential to be hilarious. I have to admit that there were some points in the movie that were funny but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who had a low sense of humor and doesn't enjoy potty mouth language. I would notI have to say that this movie was a disappointment. Zach Galifianakis at no point in the movie was funny. Will Ferrell carried this movie to the end. This movie had great potential to be hilarious. I have to admit that there were some points in the movie that were funny but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who had a low sense of humor and doesn't enjoy potty mouth language. I would not see this movie again. I'm not even sure if it was worth seeing one time. Expand
  43. Aug 25, 2012
    A decent political comedy that features quite a bit of vulgar language and crude/sexual humor, a lot of it ranging from amusing to pretty funny. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifinakis are great to watch on screen and bring a lot of laughs to the table. My major gripe against it is that it starts taking itself a little too seriously in the 3rd act, which makes the film less enjoyable as it wasA decent political comedy that features quite a bit of vulgar language and crude/sexual humor, a lot of it ranging from amusing to pretty funny. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifinakis are great to watch on screen and bring a lot of laughs to the table. My major gripe against it is that it starts taking itself a little too seriously in the 3rd act, which makes the film less enjoyable as it was in the first 2 acts. The film is pretty entertaining on the bright side. While not gut bustingly hilarious, it has enough laughs to keep the viewer satisfied. Expand
  44. Aug 21, 2012
    Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Very, very funny. Don't know why there is such a low rating. Definitely worth the $10. I don't post many reviews on this website but for this movie I had to. It's awesome. People with a low intelligence won't really like this movie as much though or find it as funny.
  45. Aug 19, 2012
    Quick review. The campaign is as mindless as it gets. This could be a good thing if done rite, but in the hands of this director it was just a lazily slapped together farce. The humor is dry and would be better suited for a Saturday night live skit much less an actual film. It's so dry and void of any real substance or threat that it's almost as if the writers had no clue how life andQuick review. The campaign is as mindless as it gets. This could be a good thing if done rite, but in the hands of this director it was just a lazily slapped together farce. The humor is dry and would be better suited for a Saturday night live skit much less an actual film. It's so dry and void of any real substance or threat that it's almost as if the writers had no clue how life and family works. In one scene one of the main characters wife's cheats on him, then she tries to make him feel bad saying that he's never around. **** you cheated on him don't make him out to be the bad guy.
    At the end of the day the campaign is a lazily put together piece of film that is neither to in depth to be taken seriously, and lacks anywhere near enough humor to be considered mindless fun.
  46. Aug 19, 2012
    I wouldn't take my parents to see this movie! I just wonder what kind of parents would let their kids be in this movie? It's downright raunchy. It has some funny parts and the ending did have a semi-good quality about it and it's too bad that we don't have politicians that would give up the power and let someone take over that might do some good. It's a DVD rental. Don't go spend your hardI wouldn't take my parents to see this movie! I just wonder what kind of parents would let their kids be in this movie? It's downright raunchy. It has some funny parts and the ending did have a semi-good quality about it and it's too bad that we don't have politicians that would give up the power and let someone take over that might do some good. It's a DVD rental. Don't go spend your hard earned money on this flick! Expand
  47. Aug 18, 2012
    I went and saw this with about 20 friends tonight and we all laughed we are still quoting it. Only go with a group of people who will not only understand the sex jokes but the cracks at Americas political system.
  48. Aug 16, 2012
    Will Ferrel is usually hit or miss for me, but he was definitely funny in this one. Zach Galifinakis is usually hilarious and he was his usual self in the campaign, goofy, dumb, and strange yet hilarious. The Campaign is certainly not a perfect film but is it enjoyable? yes. Is it hilarious? Yeah a big majority of the time. Does it have its flaws? Certainly but not too many. The CampaignWill Ferrel is usually hit or miss for me, but he was definitely funny in this one. Zach Galifinakis is usually hilarious and he was his usual self in the campaign, goofy, dumb, and strange yet hilarious. The Campaign is certainly not a perfect film but is it enjoyable? yes. Is it hilarious? Yeah a big majority of the time. Does it have its flaws? Certainly but not too many. The Campaign got a little dull and boring at times but before you know it, it picked right back up. Zach and Will definitely make a great combo and like tropicAces said, Will Ferrels character is very similar to Ricky Bobby in Talledega Nights, except running for congress, and Zachs character is like due date except a little more normal yet not normal, if that makes sense haha. Anyways, the campaign is certainly a good watch if you enjoy a crude laugh out loud comedy, if you don't like crude then you most likely won't enjoy this, and this is certainly not a film for little kids either. The Campaign was funny, a little dull at times, yet it always picks itself backup. Definitely give this a watch (if you can handle crude jokes that is). 6.5/10 Collapse
  49. Aug 14, 2012
    Not all the jokes succeed and the end tries to make itself to important, but the rest of this film is good funny satire with plenty of references to past campaigns. It makes for an all right time at the movies.
  50. Aug 14, 2012
    Will Ferrell plays the arrogant incumbent NC Congressman, who's challenged by prissy, inept Zach Galifianakis. Thus begins the crazy, cutthroat battle with lots of absurd situations. The comedy is sometimes clever and amusing, while some of the jokes fall flat. Director Jay Roach, who's comfortable in this wacky world, manages to keep the energy up and push enough outrageous buttons.Will Ferrell plays the arrogant incumbent NC Congressman, who's challenged by prissy, inept Zach Galifianakis. Thus begins the crazy, cutthroat battle with lots of absurd situations. The comedy is sometimes clever and amusing, while some of the jokes fall flat. Director Jay Roach, who's comfortable in this wacky world, manages to keep the energy up and push enough outrageous buttons. Ferrell is predictably comical, while Galifianakis is more inventive and fun. This may not be as original or funny as some of the other films by this team, but there's plenty in this political satire to entertain. Expand
  51. Aug 13, 2012
    This movie could have been so good BUT it really wasn't! Galifinakis was the only funny spot but the really getting very predictable and old Will Ferrel vulgar slapstick never landed. Had so much potential if you could have let the comedy work for itself instead of some need to make it feel like a Saturday Night Live Skit that would never end.
  52. Aug 13, 2012
    This isn't quite "Anchorman", but it does have its share of memorable quotes. Ferrell plays basically what Ricky Bobby would be if he ran for Congress, while Galifinakis is like his "Due Date" character only less mean-spirited. While it could have been more political satire instead of slapstick, it was still pretty funny and a thousand times better than "the Watch".
  53. Aug 12, 2012
    I found this movie to be absolutely hilarious. It's filled with the obvious sex jokes that you'd expect, but the not to subtle digs against the current political climate was spot on. They go after the Koch brothers, campaign finance reform, both Republicans and Democrats... just way funny.
  54. Aug 10, 2012
    Going into the theater, I was expecting quite a bit from this film. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis appeared to be an excellent comedic pair, seeing as they were both incredibly funny actors. I was, unfortunately, let down, as I watched carbon copies of Ferrell

1. Reviewed by: Simon Braund
    Sep 24, 2012
    The Campaign gets by on its stars' comic compatibility and a relentless stream of jokes, many of which are laugh-out-loud funny. The only real downer is the ending, which feels tacked on like a hanging chad.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Sep 1, 2012
    Although only slightly more outrageous than reality, The Campaign is a funny, pacy peek behind the political curtain.
    Roach is too stiff a director to give Ferrell room to romp. Bits like the one in which he's challenged to recite "The Lord's Prayer" needed extra zigs and zags instead of variations on the same joke. A looser director like Adam McKay (Step Brothers) might have created a happier climate for improv.