6.0

1. Sep 3, 2014
    The Campaign is a modern look at politics and the art of campaigning for office. Zach Galifinakis gives his best on-screen performance to date. Still, the film is cheapened by Will Ferrell and some unnecessary dirty jokes.
  2. May 2, 2014
    This movie was quite a pleasant surprise for me, going into knowing that it stared notorious comedians Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis I feared that it would be hyper focused on making me laugh. Well, it did make me laugh - quite a bit - but it also asked some thought evoking questions. The amount of substance in this movie was quite an unexpected addition to the healthy amount of silly "potty" jokes. After watching The Campaign I was left feeling that Galifianakis and Ferrell didn't just make this movie to make a paycheck, it seemed as though they were hiding behind their funny-guy exteriors and expressing dissatisfaction with the state of the union. All in all I can't recommend this movie enough. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    in every that will ferrel is in . it always ends up will is always has something to say that is funny . a movie about two man Will Ferrel and Zack Galifankis who want to be in the congress they are getting i into a election . as in every election starts they half to have a campaign . they start a rival and do stupid crazy stunts . will ferrel is the funniest role for this movie .
  4. Oct 2, 2013
    This movie is hilarious. Hands down one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. They took advantage of the political theme of this movie and got some golden jokes out of it. 5/5!
  5. Oct 1, 2013
    The Campaign was just another comedy in my opinion. The idea is nice, but it wasn`t that funny.To many over the top moments. In this movie Zach Galifianakis plays the least funny character I have seen him play.Maybe if you watch this movie while having a drink or something it will be better but I was sober.
  6. Sep 23, 2013
    pretty hilarious at times. I felt that it wasn't quite classic gold but I have to admit there were moments that had me cracking up pretty damn hard. Of course the infamous baby punching scene was funny and the jokes to follow were even better!
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    A typical vehicle for Will and Zach. There's not much of a message here, other than avoid these types of movies and find a better so-called comedy to watch on your Friday night when you're flipping through channels on TV. The writing is horrible, and the jokes come across as stupid and forced. Nothing in this movie seems to go right.
  8. Jun 26, 2013
    A film about politics... and it's really stupid. Figures.

The main point of this film is to make a person laugh. And I did. Quite a lot. From simple things like the sight of Pugs staring out of a window, full of jealousy, to a baby being punched in the face. It is no masterpiece, but I was never bored and was always entertained.

Ferrell and Galifianakis work great as the two rivals,
    and although this is mainly Galifianakis' story, the film tries to make you relate to both the characters. The film works pretty well, and definitely isn't one of Ferrell's so called 'misses', but I wouldn't say it was an 'Anchorman' level, simply because it doesn't have that sort of quotable nature- there are many more visual jokes etc.

The ending does ruin the fun feeling of the whole film, as many of the jokes seem to be taken too far, and everything then has to keep to the formula to keep the audience satisfied at the end- but overall this is a funny and entertaining film, that actually does have a bit to say about Politics.
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    It is a comedy to watch if you don't have anything else do an evening. Zach GAlifianakis was good but not as good as in the hangover and it's a kind of a funny story. I don't really like willam ferrel but he was likeable in that movie.That's all i have to say for this movie
  10. Jun 7, 2013
    I absolutely hate Will Ferrell, but I love Zach Galifianakis, even still, the Campaign is not usually the type of movie I would watch, so why did I? What put this film over the top and on to my radar, was it's Director, Jay Roach. He may not have name recognition, but when the man who Directed the Austin Powers and Meet The Parents trilogies releases a new comedy, I for one take notice. The Campaign is also different from most Ferrell movies, being that it has a storyline, and he is a co-star, lessening the chances of him running off on some insane hallucination. Ferrell plays four term Congressman, Cam Brady, a wildly popular brown nose, who is hated by the opposing party. He's about to get a fifth term, unopposed, when a group of millionaires decide to fiance a campaign against him, featuring the son of a legend in Washington. There's one problem though, this man's son, is a complete idiot. As the campaign rages it's the veteran politician against his haters money and both sides will go to any and all lengths to win. This movie was a million times better than I thought it would be and absolutely hysterical. The writers take the idea of a dirty campaign and bring it to the extreme, with some things that have to be seen to be believed. Zach Galifianakis doesn't disappoint, giving us perhaps his best character since Alan in the Hangover, and to give credit where credit is due, yes, Will Ferrell matched him line for line, in what was the only thing I've liked him in since Elf. The film is further supported by some comedic legends in bit parts, making it a terrific, well-rounded comedy, that uses multiple styles to achieve it's goal of having the audience in hysterics. Expand
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    I expected a lot from this movie, but the sad truth it was really horrible though so I would not recommend watching it. The writing was horrible, the acting bad and jokes over used.
  12. Jun 4, 2013
    If you've ever seen a Will Ferrell comedy you’ll know exactly what type of humour to expect from The Campaign. Despite a very funny performance from Zach Galifianakis however it never really comes close to reaching the highs of Ferrell’s better movies and so, while it certainly makes for a watchable hour and a half, this won’t be one I’ll be watching more than once.
  13. May 4, 2013
    the funniest thing about this movie is the fact that it is 1 and a half hour long but it feels like 3 hours...oh wait that's not funny.
    i don't know much about the American politics but i do understand that there is a message behind this movie however i don't think that the message has been delivered correctly with these stupid characters and silly jokes and stupid events i didn't laugh
    at all in this so called comedy movie. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    There are plenty of silly but crude laughs in The Campaign to make it a decent attempt at seeing a funnier side of the election year, but it falls into many traps that make it stopped it from being so much better.
    Will Ferrell stars as Cam Brady, an undefeated and unchallenged Congressman, but after leaving an explicit voicemail, he finally faces competition in the form of Marty Huggins
    (Zach Galifianakis), a simple-minded yet friendly tour guide, who is strategically placed by the corrupt Motch brothers, who are played and underused greatly by John Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd.
    The funnier moments are at the beginning of the film, the best part of the film has to be when Marty's family decides to let slip secrets to Marty by his request in case it ruins his election, the answers are crude, but are side-splittingly funny.
    What the ongoing problem was in the film was its corrupt sub-plot, something this film could have done without entirely, as it had its own standing stone and little jabs at the current system that would have made the film better.
    The two leads are on fine form though, Galifianakis in particular, who has created a very different sort of character, but Ferrell's character seems too toned down for the actor, whose ridiculous yet quite ingenious turn in Step Brothers was in a better good tone.
    Dylan McDermott also makes quite a comedic turn as the corrupt campaign manger, trying to spruce up and bring Huggins away from his current personality and making him compete and challenge Brady on a verbal and marketing scale.
    The big flaw in the film was that it never lets these two leads free, why couldn't they properly trash talk to each other, improvised and unhinged, instead we get a predictable plot with very little to laugh at after the first 30 mins. While there are a few gags throughout the entire film, they just seem too bland for these actors to put across.
    But ultimately, this is a decent attempt to poke fun at the current political climate by bringing in two powerhouse comedy actors and letting them have at it, its just a shame that it wasn't consistent.
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    To start off, I'm just gonna say that considering the cast involved, this movie could have been a lot better. I love both Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis' acting, but I feel like the writing was poor. So much more could have been done with the story and characters that I felt for most of the movie I was just waiting for something that never happened. It lacked the spark that other films like Anchorman and Step Brothers possessed. I felt like the premise of the movie was something more suited for Adam Sandler. A slightly above average comedy, with some interesting visuals and jokes, but in all a disappointment. Expand
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    I find this movie is underrated. Not only does it have two of the funniest men in comedy today, but it's the fact that this film pushes an over the top ridiculous look at politics. Ridiculous in a good way.
  17. Mar 11, 2013
    The movie makes good it's promise: raunchy, foul-mouthed humor, amusing moments, and a chemistry between Will and Zach that provides some real laughs without much of a story. The audience this film is intended for will be more than pleased. If you loved "Step Brothers" (2008), this is right up your alley. This is simply a stage for two prominent comedians to slug it out--and it has it's moments. North Carolina's district 14 is about to elect a new Congressman. Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) is running unopposed for a fifth consecutive term. After an affair and a massive scandal that follows, Brady's approval rating drops to the point where the billionaire Motch brothers find a candidate to replace him. They choose Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), the son of a famous republican, to run against Brady. The ending is ridiculous in attempting some kind of unity of people, and delivering a "message" after 85 minutes of never ending offensive jokes and gags. It is what it is. Expand
  18. Mar 9, 2013
    Further proof as if any more was needed that Will Ferrell cannot carry a movie. Granted there are funny parts, but you are left with an empty feeling as the credits roll. This is the way I feel after everything Mr. Ferrell does. He should restrict his work to supporting roles.
  19. Feb 11, 2013
    Those expecting sharp political satire need look elsewhere. The Campaign is a typical Will Ferrell vehicle that greatly benefits from the added presence of Galifianakis. The duo provide ample laughs throughout and there are some really funny scenes and lines such as Brady trying to recite the Lord's Prayer from his aides actions or Brady's assertions that everything seems to be 'this nation's backbone' including 'Phillipino tilt-a-whirl operators'. While the film does laugh, and laugh well, at the expense of mud slinging campaigns, expectations of the electorate of a 'real American' politician including portrait of a majestic eagle in the home and of the lack of genuine political discussion, the writers of the likes of The Thick of It need not lose any sleep. Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2013
    Funny satire about American Politics, starring Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis. Of course, it contains lots of toilet humor, but both leads are so energetic and has such a great chemistry that you can't help but laugh. Some gags such as the 'Punching Baby gag' could have been stupid, but in here, it's hilarious. Check it out!
  21. Dec 5, 2012
    A funny movie, but it's the jokes about what's actually going on in politics nowadays that keep the movie fresh, and without them it would just be another run of the mill comedy. That's the main problem with this movie is that it relies on the same dirty humor that every other comedy has. But like I said the not at all subtle cracks on politics keeep this movie enjoyable.
  22. Nov 29, 2012
    Not as good as a lot of other Will Ferrell movies but it's still a very funny movie and watching it after Obama stole yet another election is pretty perfect timing.
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    A hilarious movie about modern politics and politicians, sometimes the actions of main characters were too grotesque, but still the problems observed in this movie are common to all the people all over the world (not only The USA).
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    Want to know the truth about this movie? Well, only a small amount of it is actually real politics. Its actually a decent scripted comedy that pokes at corrupted politics and makes good laughs out of it. It has a few scenes that fall flat, but overall its a funny comedy that offends many.
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    This movie was moderately funny. It had funny parts, more often than not. It also makes the viewer think. It tries to make a point about elections and what the candidates are really thinking and doing. Still a good movie in my opinion.
  26. Nov 5, 2012
    Yes it has moments that are too stupid and tasteless to be funny, but don't all comedies these days? The important part is that it has enough good moments to make up for the bad ones.
  27. Nov 4, 2012
    At times, the Campaign is hilarious, utilizing its' stars chemistry to great effect, and at other times, The Campaign stumbles with poor writing and dialogue. The ending was particularly poor, not really tying things together efficiently at all.
  28. Nov 4, 2012
    The humor is hit-or-miss, but mostly stale. It is fairly passable entertainment until it develops a conscious and gets very dull, very quickly. Sharp satire, this is not.
  29. Nov 2, 2012
    What do you get when you mix two of the greatest comedians and a joke on politics? Well, you get the funniest and crudest movie to make fun of politicians. This movie, is great with all it's raunchy, dirty, and crude humour. The only let down of this movie, is it offers no real character depth, and it's not a spectacle. But, that's all right. What this movie does right is the humor, and blending two amazing comedians and actors together to make one enjoyable funny romp! Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2012
    With 2 comedy stars and a very strong supporting cast of experianced comediac actors leading this movie, You would have expected it to be a lot funnier then what it was. Plot was generic and got too corny at the end. I am a bit disapointed with it to be honest.

1. Reviewed by: Simon Braund
    Sep 24, 2012
    The Campaign gets by on its stars' comic compatibility and a relentless stream of jokes, many of which are laugh-out-loud funny. The only real downer is the ending, which feels tacked on like a hanging chad.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Sep 1, 2012
    Although only slightly more outrageous than reality, The Campaign is a funny, pacy peek behind the political curtain.
    Roach is too stiff a director to give Ferrell room to romp. Bits like the one in which he's challenged to recite "The Lord's Prayer" needed extra zigs and zags instead of variations on the same joke. A looser director like Adam McKay (Step Brothers) might have created a happier climate for improv.