Dolphin Tale

6.7

1. Aug 6, 2012
    Predictable fun. Fantastic for family audiences. Acting was good, dolphins interesting to see.
  2. May 10, 2012
    If it wasn't based on a true story I would rate a zero. It's strictly for kids as the adults play to and through the kids. Mr Connick should stick to music. He sleepwalks through his dialogue , and is just not believable. The kids add some spice and Mr Freeman does his usual, but the pelican is the standout here. A hint of romance but never developed. Everybody gets together to save theIf it wasn't based on a true story I would rate a zero. It's strictly for kids as the adults play to and through the kids. Mr Connick should stick to music. He sleepwalks through his dialogue , and is just not believable. The kids add some spice and Mr Freeman does his usual, but the pelican is the standout here. A hint of romance but never developed. Everybody gets together to save the tale / tail and we all smile at the end. So if you really have nothing to do one day and have small children, take the kids but don't expect much. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2011
    OK, its good for a young target audience who wants a classic formulaic movie. Predictable, oh yes. Almost every step of the way. My six year old was engaged throughout.....and I did not find it offensive. That's about it.
  4. Dec 13, 2011
    I had high hopes for this film considering that it's a feel good movie. But it just didn't deliver. Just because a film is feel good doesn't mean that the film is good itself. When you rate a film never rate on the message it gives otherwise you'r just being bias. Try to look at what makes a film good like acting. Which was decent. The directing was decent as well. There was nothingI had high hopes for this film considering that it's a feel good movie. But it just didn't deliver. Just because a film is feel good doesn't mean that the film is good itself. When you rate a film never rate on the message it gives otherwise you'r just being bias. Try to look at what makes a film good like acting. Which was decent. The directing was decent as well. There was nothing special to this. The worst part of the movie was the plot build up. There was so many scenes that really weren't necessary. For instance, the scene when the kids fly the remote controlled helicopter wasn't necessary. I believe they put unnecessary scenes just to keep the kids interested. After all this is a kid movie. The writing was also decent. There wasn't any dialogue lines that caught my eye. Not even the story about the kids and the dolphins that Dr. Clay told interested me. The best part was that it's was a touching and heart warming true story. I would recommend this to people that want to take a break from good movies and appreciate a delighted story about a kid and his dolphin. Expand
  5. Jan 4, 2012
    An amazing story.....quite simply put. This film is sweet. The performances are decent and the subject matter is affecting. However, this film drags quite a bit and it really goes nowhere in the second act. If not for the touching conclusion, and the Westlife single "Safe" montage, this film would not have been perceived as well. Worth a rental price, and worth no more than a $10 personal copy.
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    First, let me say that I find these based on a true story animal movies to be annoying. I went into this movie with practically no expectation (mainly because I find Nathan Gamble, the lead kid extremely annoying) but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, most of it is cliche and there were only 2 good performances, but families will enjoy it. Just don't expect it to be great.
  7. Mar 13, 2015
    Dr. Cameron McCarthy: "Just because you're hurt doesn't mean you're broken". Dolphin Tale is about a boy bonds with a dolphin who loses its tail after being caught in a crab trap. This movie was a harmless family flick with cute dolphins. People say that this is a copy and paste from free willy, but this is thing, I didn't like free willy at all, but I think this movie has a strongerDr. Cameron McCarthy: "Just because you're hurt doesn't mean you're broken". Dolphin Tale is about a boy bonds with a dolphin who loses its tail after being caught in a crab trap. This movie was a harmless family flick with cute dolphins. People say that this is a copy and paste from free willy, but this is thing, I didn't like free willy at all, but I think this movie has a stronger message and it has better charterers. This is a harmless movie that little kids can enjoy and parents can find something good in this. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Eve Barlow
    Oct 10, 2011
    A good shout if your kids like this sort of thing, otherwise best head to your local aquarium.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Sep 23, 2011
    A true story of animal rescue, and it even stars the sea creature to whom it happened. But it's the humans who do the cutesy tricks that make it a mixed blessing.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Sep 23, 2011
    It's not a perfect film, mind you. It's too long by a quarter, and actor-turned-director Charles Martin Smith ("The Untouchables") lets any sense of real structure slip away in the film's crowded third act.