6.7

1. Sep 24, 2011
    I believe that it is a very good movie.The plot is a little predictable because the commercials showed the dolphin swimming with its new tail and it is a true story so you could just look it up to spoil it. The plot being predicatable doesn't make it any less impactful. Any marine biologist would be thinking, "ya, dolphins do love to play like that and lot." The only reason I am notI believe that it is a very good movie.The plot is a little predictable because the commercials showed the dolphin swimming with its new tail and it is a true story so you could just look it up to spoil it. The plot being predicatable doesn't make it any less impactful. Any marine biologist would be thinking, "ya, dolphins do love to play like that and lot." The only reason I am not giving it a ten, is because you can't relate to the dolphin as much as if the same thing happened all around a human. The older cousin did lose control of his right leg, yes, but the story is about the dolphin. You can tell when the dolphin is sad, but you can't understand the life of a dolphin, so you don't understand 100% why losing its tail is more than just less swimming. Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Harry Connick Jr., so I could not wait to see Dolphin Tale. It is a great feel good film that I recommend to everyone! There were so many hilarious moments and many of them provided by Winter, the dolphin, and Roofus, the pelican. And of course, all of the human actors were great too. I especially liked when Dr. Clay Haskett (Harry Connick Jr.) played the saxophoneI am a huge fan of Harry Connick Jr., so I could not wait to see Dolphin Tale. It is a great feel good film that I recommend to everyone! There were so many hilarious moments and many of them provided by Winter, the dolphin, and Roofus, the pelican. And of course, all of the human actors were great too. I especially liked when Dr. Clay Haskett (Harry Connick Jr.) played the saxophone whenever he felt vulnerable. I hear Harry Connick Jr. is headed to On A Clear Day on Broadway next! Iâ Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    I'm a huge Morgan Freeman fan so I guess I was a little bit bias giving this movie a 10, but it was worth it. The animation needs more polishing but the storyline especially the end part gave this movie that edge over free willy
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    Inspired by an amazing true story, Dolphin Tale goes exactly how you think it will, but thatâ
  5. Apr 3, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 8.75 out of 10. This is a great family movie, that's for anyone. Performances are all right. Score s descent. The story is good, but predictable every second. Overall, Dolphin tale is a good, family movie for everyone. You and your family should go see.
  6. Feb 3, 2012
    This movie has a good message for kids.Never give up.Live out side of the box.Love with all of your heart and make the most of every moment.Dolphin Tale is not all that predictable for the target audience it was made for.Very entertaining Kiddie food for the soul.
  7. Jan 8, 2012
    animal films are usually terrible, but 2011 has had a short stack of very good ones and this is one of them. the heart works well, the plot moves quickly enough to engage kids and patiently enough to keep their parents interested. the story is inspiring on multiple levels. overall a very good film.
  8. Feb 6, 2012
    I was rather taken aback when I did some background reading subsequently after watching and discovered that the actual events were, in fact, a great deal different from what I saw in the movie.
    Aside from that, it's a happy, charming movie of the feel-good variety, although I was annoyed how the young boy, Slater, was portrayed as "special" and having some sort of profound connection with the dolphin that no one else had.
  9. Jan 13, 2012
    Its a good movie because it has the formula of an old classic film that delivered well.It is good for young audiences that will surely touch and inspire them and realized to be matured enough on helping others .the narrative is simple,well detailed ,the performance is decent but there is no a great impact on every scene that will mark to the mind of the viewers.
  10. May 3, 2014
    A sappy family flick from first judgment, the entire package is surprisingly an inspiring tale with great performances, which is what the audiences really want to see more often.
  11. Mar 13, 2015
    Dolphin Tale is a funny, charming, and a good-hearted family flick about courage, hope, and perseverance that will touch your heart and perhaps even inspire you. Rather than panders to kids like most PG-rated movies often do, it acknowledges their sense of imagination and patience and rewards them with a story that's both engaging and though-provoking.

1. Reviewed by: Eve Barlow
    Oct 10, 2011
    A good shout if your kids like this sort of thing, otherwise best head to your local aquarium.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Sep 23, 2011
    A true story of animal rescue, and it even stars the sea creature to whom it happened. But it's the humans who do the cutesy tricks that make it a mixed blessing.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Sep 23, 2011
    It's not a perfect film, mind you. It's too long by a quarter, and actor-turned-director Charles Martin Smith ("The Untouchables") lets any sense of real structure slip away in the film's crowded third act.