New Line Cinema | Release Date: October 14, 2005
5.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 73 Ratings
WATCH NOW
worleyjamersJun 7, 2013
You caught me...I love this movie way more than I probably should. I don't care what critics say about this one, I had one hell of a time with it. Underrated fun!
MatthewL.Oct 20, 2005
Not as bad as advertised, but not great either. I appreciate what Scott was trying to do with his hallucinagenic atmosphere...but in the end it just falls on its face. An interesting, if ultimately unsuccesful, experiment in style.
JimGOct 24, 2005
Visually interesting but empty movie. Who cares about these characters? They're all arrogant, oh-so-tough, meaningless. The best part was the self-depracating roles of Brian Austin Green and Ian Whatsizname because they mirror perfectly Visually interesting but empty movie. Who cares about these characters? They're all arrogant, oh-so-tough, meaningless. The best part was the self-depracating roles of Brian Austin Green and Ian Whatsizname because they mirror perfectly the leading roles--does Mickey Rourke really think he comes off as some cool toughened criminal? I didn't buy it and couldn't take the film seriously as a result. Expand
ChrisM.Oct 12, 2005
What a disappointment....I'm getting nervous at what Southland Tales will be!
Hemp316Oct 5, 2015
This Movie in essence is A good,but not A great one.It seems that the Movie gets progressively ridiculous and downright stupid in A few parts.All the Actors on the Movie are great and the acting was actually quite outstanding.

This Movie

This Movie to Me suffers in the Audio department,The Rapper Xzibit has music throughout the movie in key parts,the trouble with that is one particular track not only starts from the opening credits,but continues and really after the first time that track grows tiresome and seems cheap.

The Story also gets off the rails,without saying anything Spoiler-wise there are scenes that will make you shake your head in utter amazement of what just transpired.You can decide if it's for better or worse yourself,but I think that the Movie gets diluted A bit from this.

Overall,The Movie is far from A bad Movie with great Actors giving very good performances.It's too bad the Soundtrack and exaggerated story line hurt it to the point that to Me will never be considered A true classic,just A good Saturday evening Movie that occasionally is shown on TV.