- Studio: Codeblack Entertainment
- Release Date: Mar 17, 2006
- Starring: Steve Harvey
- Summary: Steve Harvey's hilarious comedy concert brought down Atlanta's sold-out Phillips Area at Bishop T.D. Jakes' Megafest, the annual four-day evangelical event. With a clever range of side-splitting new material, Harvey performs one of his funniest and most memorable performances in front of church folks. That's right; Mr. Harvey keeps it clean and family-friendly! (Code Black Entertainment)… Collapse
- Director: Leslie Small
- Genre(s): Comedy, Documentary
- More Details and Credits »
The show ends with a moving declaration of faith by the star, who was raised in the church, but there's no denying that his funniest moments spring from impulses that are less than charitable.
Harvey's a gifted physical mimic who demonstrates the comic waddle of the church usher with fallen arches, as well as the poor parishioner etiquette of grabbing too many communion wafers.
The film is a straight concert appearance: No backstage material after a brief introduction, no footage of him in any other context. He's certainly smooth, engaging and likeable onstage, but you won't learn anything about him you didn't already know.
- (2 views)