6.1

1. GaryM.
    Oct 22, 2005
    Play "Doom 3" instead and leave this movie alone. This movie is loosely based (I mean it) on the videogame of the same name. And they chose to exclude the part that made the videogame so truly creepy and frightening. Welcome to hell!!! I gave it a "3", beacuse of the first person scene which lasts 5 mins. top.
  2. Oct 24, 2011
    Not a good movie as far as I can tell. The movie is short, the plot is not that great, The Rock did die in the movie and the battle sequences does not feel like the one from the original Doom game. If this movie was based from Doom 3, that part should be acceptable, except this wasn't.
  3. JimB.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Some films are so bad they make you laugh. "Doom" is not one of these films. "Doom" is so bad it's thought provoking. My only thought leaving the theatre was "what happened to cinema?" Also, the comparison to the game is completely irrelivant. The film should be able to stand on it's own and it fails.
  4. ApocalypseBrown
    Feb 22, 2007
    Abysmal! Every actor in this film should never work anywhere again. And whats makes it worse it has NOTHING to do with the game!? At least..... no Red Eye is still worse!
  5. Liudas
    Apr 4, 2007
    If I lay my hands on that guy who made this so called movie I'll probably kill him. I am a fanatic DOOM games series fan since my childhood and when i go and see this movie i just want to beat that guy how is responsible for this abomination. First of all what original Doom has to do with this Gods forsaken peace of. Second, even if you compare Doom with anything like this crap, you If I lay my hands on that guy who made this so called movie I'll probably kill him. I am a fanatic DOOM games series fan since my childhood and when i go and see this movie i just want to beat that guy how is responsible for this abomination. First of all what original Doom has to do with this Gods forsaken peace of. Second, even if you compare Doom with anything like this crap, you should go straight to mentally ill persons hospital or something. It's not even worth zero - I should give it minus hundred. In short, I AM MAD and I want to kick that bastard's ass for even messing with DOOM's name! Collapse
  6. CraigD
    Nov 12, 2005
    If you want the Doom experience please play
  7. DerekD
    Oct 22, 2005
    This movie is a mess. The first half was very good until they flushed the movie down the toilet. The story in this movie is not even close to the game! The first person part was kinda crazy (a first in movie history) but cool. I recomend that you should wait and see it on DVD and same a bunch of money!
  8. AnsonG.
    Jul 27, 2006
    What a bunchless movie. This movie way too long, ill conceived and boring. My special word is, awful. Whats the point the two company (id and Hollywood) wasted of their money to make such film like this? It suppose to be action 1st person shooter but where are their action? Nothing new. If u feel uncomfortable of this movie, i suggest u play Doom 3 on pc game. Dont watch this film, its What a bunchless movie. This movie way too long, ill conceived and boring. My special word is, awful. Whats the point the two company (id and Hollywood) wasted of their money to make such film like this? It suppose to be action 1st person shooter but where are their action? Nothing new. If u feel uncomfortable of this movie, i suggest u play Doom 3 on pc game. Dont watch this film, its not worth for your money. Expand
  9. BJ.
    Apr 4, 2007
    Awful. All it needed to be was a plotless movie with cool guns and a lot of action. It had everything it shouldn't have had and lacked everything it needed. Boring, pointless, terrible.
  10. BruceS.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Are you kidding me?!?! It was nothing like the games. THEY ARE FROM HELL NOT ALIENS!!! God I hate when people try to spice up something that is allready good. Hate this movie, Love the games.
  11. Trinidad&TobagoCaribbean
    Nov 20, 2005
    This movie was so-so won't look at it a second time, but did n't mind paying to look at it. Rock need to stop acting.
  12. finfrosk
    Nov 4, 2005
    It's nothing like the games. At least nothing like doom 1 and 2 which is the only good doom-games. doom 3 is super-boring. The movie has three things that relate it to the games. The monsters are extremly boring, jeezuz. The endigs is 25% better than the rest og the movie, but all in all the movie is total s**t.
  13. IronChrist
    Nov 7, 2005
    I love any film the Rock is in. This movie is only getting this score because I like him. I have to admit though that I didn't expect anything from this film. I expected a plot that a drunk Collage student could have come up with, and boy, was I not dissapointed. Now I played the original DOOM and where are the DEMONS? WHERE IS THE HELL PORTAL? What is all this 24th strain crap? I I love any film the Rock is in. This movie is only getting this score because I like him. I have to admit though that I didn't expect anything from this film. I expected a plot that a drunk Collage student could have come up with, and boy, was I not dissapointed. Now I played the original DOOM and where are the DEMONS? WHERE IS THE HELL PORTAL? What is all this 24th strain crap? I wanted to see thr Rock kick some demon ass and shut down hell! What a sad hollywood imitation of a great game. Expand
  14. KathyW.
    Oct 23, 2005
    This was worse than "Alone In The Dark"! A plot a 12 year old could come up with, really fake looking weapons, and stupid looking creatures. The Rock was fine but it's not enough. Just a waste of time.
  15. VictorB
    Oct 23, 2005
    If you're going to make a movie, it should be a good movie. Doom is a decent game (I personally hate it, but whatever), but it should not be a movie! There was nothing to this film, much like the game. Also like the game, intelligent people will be finished with it way before they could possibly be entertained.
  16. mick
    Dec 7, 2005
    Maybe my english is poor (this is a reson for short review) but definetly this movie is worst. Only scenes with "walking guns" are interesting for game players as a memory refreshner. Not thrill, no real action, no acting only blood and FX.
  17. grahamm.
    Dec 7, 2005
    Strays way too far from the game in both story and atmosphere. This movie, when summed up, is really stupid and pointless.
  18. Mobius
    Jan 13, 2006
    im a big Sci-fi fan and will pretty much watch any sci-fi with an open mind, but this film is just terrible. the acting and the dialogue is awful and the movie have very little to do with the doom game universe. this is one movie i wont be adding to my DVD collection.
  19. FredBob
    Oct 17, 2006
    The movie is poorly done and I am disappointed that the Rock was in this movie. It was nothing like the games and the acting was bad, really bad. If you give this movie above a 6, you saw something I didn't.
  20. EricG.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Where the video game was about a portal opening to Hell, the movie, instead, is about some scientists going to some planet to kick some alien ass, so that the planet can survive. The poverty of this movie's imagination really is astonishing.
  21. SamF.
    Dec 27, 2005
    This movie got so many things wrong that its sad. First if they would have stayed with the plot of a transporter opening a doorway to hell accidently like in the game, it would have been better instead of a virus. The only reason I gave this a 1 was the 10-15 min of the movie switching to First person like the game. Terrible movie ...way too dark and storyline sucked.
  22. GaryM
    Oct 23, 2005
    Unimpressive action scenes, and insufficient use of the BFG made this only remotely related to the video game. also unlike the games, this movie has no ending: it just stops as if they ran out of quarters. the fight scenes couldn't have been more campy if the wires were visible, and the first-person shooter scenes didn't seem to be from the same story as the creatures behaviors Unimpressive action scenes, and insufficient use of the BFG made this only remotely related to the video game. also unlike the games, this movie has no ending: it just stops as if they ran out of quarters. the fight scenes couldn't have been more campy if the wires were visible, and the first-person shooter scenes didn't seem to be from the same story as the creatures behaviors changed dramatically when in and out of shooter mode. I would predict that this movie will go direct to the SciFi channel in 2 weeks, except that would be an insult to the snake movies currently showing on SciFi for the 10th time this year. Expand
  23. JohnW.
    Oct 23, 2005
    The casting and acting was excellent. The direction and cinematography were terrible. I went in expecting an action movie, and got a suspense/horror movie (and not a very good one at that) instead. It was cliched and predictable at almost every turn. Wait 'til it comes out on DVD.
  24. JohnD
    Oct 24, 2005
    This was undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes the dungeons and dragons movie look like high art by comparison. I literally sat in the theater and started laughing hysterically during the end sequence, thinking it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. I won't give away the ending, but I was more impressed with the ending credits than the entire movie. This movie This was undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes the dungeons and dragons movie look like high art by comparison. I literally sat in the theater and started laughing hysterically during the end sequence, thinking it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. I won't give away the ending, but I was more impressed with the ending credits than the entire movie. This movie should have been a no-brainer to make. Stay faithful to the general premise of the video game, introduce bigger and cooler guns, lots of scary stuff jumping out at scary moments, bad guys coming from every angle, a simple mission to get out alive, and some big CGI monster at the end (the cyberdemon would have been my choice). But no. Instead they turn a creepy sci-fi demon plot into another resident evil clone; a lone-marine-against-the-world movie into a team effort with every archetype cliche known to a first-time-screenwriter-hack; and an obvious delightful gorefest into a confusing, overly complicated, steaming pile of alien crap. My advice is to wait for the DVD, then rent something else. Expand
  25. AdamF.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Sucked....it just sucked....i mean i was expecting somthing doom like (i was happy that it actually looked like a DOOM type sequence ) but besides lookin like it it just had no importan story line to it. It was going everywere. I couldnt reallyfollow movie at times and as a DOOM fan i dont know how many other would as well. Sorry, but it really was a waste of my money and time!
  26. groundfisher
    Oct 29, 2005
    Reminded me of Aliens. Only not as good. In every way. But better than I expected!
  27. DeepK.
    Feb 25, 2006
    The best thing about the movie is the action sequence which simulates the actual video game, other than that the action sequences are not great, the movie is quite long (over 2 hours), and the plot is like the video game (a shoot'em up story with some science thrown in).
  28. LeonardoA.
    Jan 13, 2008
    This movie is based on DOOM 3, and it has nothing to do with the game except for the Hellknight and the BFG, but they still ridiculous to my eyes. The BFG fires a energy sphere that link up with enemies within range of the explosion range, and in the movie it fires an kind of blue goo that corroses anithing in the projectile's route.DOOM 3 passes in 2145, and the movie passes in This movie is based on DOOM 3, and it has nothing to do with the game except for the Hellknight and the BFG, but they still ridiculous to my eyes. The BFG fires a energy sphere that link up with enemies within range of the explosion range, and in the movie it fires an kind of blue goo that corroses anithing in the projectile's route.DOOM 3 passes in 2145, and the movie passes in 2040. That stupid thing called "The Ark" and the "C-24" doesn't have a fucking similarity with the game history. The only thing that i enjoyed in this movie was the DVD extras.Nothing more. Expand
  29. Feb 1, 2014
    It was probably the worst movie I have seen for some time! it is bad and pathetic, it is almost as low as Sharknado. really bad. what a disgrace, Don't make a game-movie, if you don't know how to make a good one
  30. Feb 3, 2012
    Doom done wrong! It is not based on Doom and it is very loosley based on Doom 3!
    EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
  31. Jan 8, 2015
    Estupidamente Imbecil sem graça,sem vida,sem sentido,sem propósito.Uma boa história transformada em matança sem fim até fantasmas de marte é mais foda com as cenas de trem com hard rock. Lixo.
  32. Jul 6, 2015
    jasmine que que é isso dhsahdjahfoefeifiekaskskslddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

1. Doom, the film, aspires to be more than just a gory shoot em' up--though it'd still be a stretch to call it a thinking man's action movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Bernardin
    By hewing close to James Cameron's "Aliens" playbook, Doom manages to escape the game-to-movie curse that afflicted "Resident Evil," "House of the Dead," and, well, every other movie based on a game.
    A dreadful, hackneyed piece of cinema.