Universal Pictures | Release Date: October 21, 2005
5.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 232 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BroyaxJan 18, 2017
Dans la série des jeux vidéo qui voulaient être des films et qui ont fini en daubes (une série qui n'est pas près de finir) voilà notre pathétique prétendant : Doom ! Le plus étonnant dans cette triste affaire, c'est qu'on pense à ResidentDans la série des jeux vidéo qui voulaient être des films et qui ont fini en daubes (une série qui n'est pas près de finir) voilà notre pathétique prétendant : Doom ! Le plus étonnant dans cette triste affaire, c'est qu'on pense à Resident Evil la plupart du temps, soit l'inverse de l'effet escompté je présume. Et un mauvais Resident Evil qui plus est : il ne fait pas peur, il ne fait pas rire, même au dixième degré. Et il n'y a aucun ralenti.

Bref, il n'a rien capturé de l'essence de Doom. Pour autant, le film n'est pas totalement mauvais, notamment le rôle de Dwayne Johnson qui fronce les sourcils avec les yeux en billes de Loto pendant tout le film. Ou Rosamund Spike qui fait pareil mais avec les sourcils arqués et qui pousse des cris hystériques sur commande. ça en deviendrait drôle, enfin presque (rire jaune).

Au moins, c'est filmé très correctement et on ne s'ennuie pas trop. Mais ces décors, on dirait un HLM désaffecté... un peu de sérieux que diable ! j'ai été surpris de voir le logo Universal au début : ils ont fait leurs rapiats et ça se voit. Dommage.
Iky009Nov 29, 2016
Doom is so horrible, and disappointing that it hurts just to watch, because it is an adaptation of one of the greatest shooting games of all time, it is an offense for the same.
TheQuietGamerJul 1, 2016
It actually has surprisingly little to do with the video game(s) it's supposedly based on. It trades the demons in for mutants and lone wolf protagonist for a team of space marines. The only similarities are that it takes place on mars in aIt actually has surprisingly little to do with the video game(s) it's supposedly based on. It trades the demons in for mutants and lone wolf protagonist for a team of space marines. The only similarities are that it takes place on mars in a facility visually reminiscent of Doom 3. To be honest it has more in common with Aliens.

Does any of this make it a bad film? No, not really. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is far from the most intelligent sci-fi movie there. It's definitely filled to the brim with cheese at times, but I still found myself having a lot of fun with this campy, action-horror flick.

Admittedly it's not that hard to think that we could've had a pretty great Aliens rip-off had the doubled down more on the horror and left the cheesier moments out. In typical video game movie fashion we get elements thrown in meant specifically for the teenage gaming crowd.

There's a scene of gratuitous nudity and the dialog is far from Shakespearean. Mix that in with moments of intentionally goofy humor and you have a movie that doesn't always take itself seriously. There's also Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's super over-the-top performance. However when it's firing on all cylinders and focusing on the great cast shooting up monsters in dark corridors it's hard to not enjoy yourself.

The action itself is mostly well done. It gets a little too over-the-top at times with the way it occasionally sends it's character careening through the air in an unintentionally comical fashion, but it's suitably gory and can get pretty tense in that special action movie way. There's a sequence in the movie that takes place in first-person as a throwback to the games that's just awesome.

While an extra dose of seriousness would have gone a long way, Doom is a pretty great movie. While the actual plot has little to do with the games, there are enough references to satisfy fans. Saying it's not as terrible as other video game movies isn't really saying much. However even when viewed outside of the video game movie spectrum it's still pretty great in it's own ways. The horror angle, while underutilized, did help give it a more serious tone to keep viewers invested longer. Not to mention it's got great action and a (mostly) stellar cast. Video game movies are rarely worth watching, but this one proves to be one of those rare exceptions to the rule. So long as you can put up with some camp and cheese that is.
EpicLadySpongeMay 10, 2016
Doom is doomed from the start. An adaption to the 1993 Doom game that is totally prepared to be doomed since day one isn't just enough to save this film from being even more doomed.
Zanessa250QIJul 6, 2015
jasmine que que é isso dhsahdjahfoefeifiekaskskslddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Meth-dudeMay 17, 2015
I'm not a big fan of movies based on video games but this one was not that bad.There was a lot of action and the acting was okay but, the horrible CGI monsters and the "game" kind of scene were the worst parts.
LokathorMay 14, 2015
Doom is absolutely fantastic, and among sci-fi actions it's really cool. I understand that sci-fi action isn't really everyone's thing, and so maybe a person wouldn't like it because of that, but if that's your genre, then this is probablyDoom is absolutely fantastic, and among sci-fi actions it's really cool. I understand that sci-fi action isn't really everyone's thing, and so maybe a person wouldn't like it because of that, but if that's your genre, then this is probably your movie. The first half is slower and kinda drags a bit until they start finding the monsters, and then the movie really picks up, with a fantastic ending. Expand
LoRevisorJan 8, 2015
Estupidamente Imbecil sem graça,sem vida,sem sentido,sem propósito.Uma boa história transformada em matança sem fim até fantasmas de marte é mais foda com as cenas de trem com hard rock. Lixo.
oxanaSep 12, 2014
I am not into horror-movies (which this is, a bit, for me). But all in all, this movie in enjoyable, fun, and visually good. Though at times, the heroes' minds are a bit slow...

Especially the view-point adopted from the game is thrilling!
Solo_Guy97Mar 24, 2014
This movie is in my opinion a rather good movie. Yes it's a tad bit of your standard alien shoot-em up themed movie but it's still a decent film. They did a fantastic job making the set and characters look good! It ended in my opinion aThis movie is in my opinion a rather good movie. Yes it's a tad bit of your standard alien shoot-em up themed movie but it's still a decent film. They did a fantastic job making the set and characters look good! It ended in my opinion a little bit poorly but hey, doesn't every movie have at least a few weak points? Expand
DJ_KaasFeb 1, 2014
It was probably the worst movie I have seen for some time! it is bad and pathetic, it is almost as low as Sharknado. really bad. what a disgrace, Don't make a game-movie, if you don't know how to make a good one
Alexander_DoomApr 25, 2013
I can consider myself one of the biggest fan of Doom, and i've seen this movie twice or three times.
You can see this movie with 2 points of view: as fan this movie is horrible, the plot doesn't follow the original one and there isn't Flynn Taggart and a lot of monsters that can be used in the film; as not fan this is a good movie, with an interesting plot and action scenes. Advised only to notfan of the original game, because if you see it you'll be disappointed
Rox22Apr 3, 2013
The movie isn't terrible. Acting is mostly mediocre, but that was to be expected I guess. While it doesn't really follow the game's narrative, it does follow the spirit/idea. The FPS sequence was awesome and really did turn the movie from badThe movie isn't terrible. Acting is mostly mediocre, but that was to be expected I guess. While it doesn't really follow the game's narrative, it does follow the spirit/idea. The FPS sequence was awesome and really did turn the movie from bad to above average for me.

Overall:
An above average movie with some redeeming qualities and can be enjoyable at times. But don't do into the movie expecting it to be completely faithful to the game.
vahnJan 29, 2013
Personally, I found this movie more enjoyable than I initially hoped for: Yes it's kinda bad in some parts and it doesn't follow the game, even though the game itself wasn't stellar for the plot but for the shooting, the action, thePersonally, I found this movie more enjoyable than I initially hoped for: Yes it's kinda bad in some parts and it doesn't follow the game, even though the game itself wasn't stellar for the plot but for the shooting, the action, the exploration and the gore. The movie basically takes some parts of the game elements, like the gore and the action, and made a movie around them without much thought actually and at times it just seemed to be padded in order to make it look more like an horror movie. I don't know what to say about the acting because my version was dubbed, so it may be or not an improvement for some, but I will say that I liked some parts and, most of all, I strangely "loved" the part where the movie basically made a tribute to the game by making a sort of first person shooter gallery: it was strangely enjoyable and...I really liked that a lot! It's not the best movie ever or the best adaptation for a game either, but as a film itself it's not that bad and like I said I was really surprised of the movie. In other words, I expected worse, but found a sort of guilty pleasure. Give it a look, you might get surprised as well! Expand
TokyochuchuOct 16, 2012
I think everybody has at least one 'guilty pleasure' movie. You know, the type of movie that deep down you know is crap, C-list shlock but can't help loving anyway. Doom is that movie for me. The combination of the Mars location, hoards ofI think everybody has at least one 'guilty pleasure' movie. You know, the type of movie that deep down you know is crap, C-list shlock but can't help loving anyway. Doom is that movie for me. The combination of the Mars location, hoards of zombies, heavily armed marines and a bad-ass end fight just pushes my buttons in an undeniably pleasant way. Would I seriously recommend Doom to other movie fans? Not a chance in hell... But I myself think it rocks! Expand
CanaMavrickTwoOct 4, 2012
Look, if you are gonna make a movie based of a game, then make it based of a game. Sure it's entertaining but why did they call it "Doom". Instead of being about demons like in the games, it's about a virus that make people turn intoLook, if you are gonna make a movie based of a game, then make it based of a game. Sure it's entertaining but why did they call it "Doom". Instead of being about demons like in the games, it's about a virus that make people turn into creatures that kinda look like the ones from Doom 3. Fun to watch, but still bad in my opinion. Expand
M_AlexJul 7, 2012
A bulk of the criticism this movie received pertained to the fact that it differed from the game. And that's true. However, games have a completely different premise than movies, and trying to fit everything from a game into a movie alwaysA bulk of the criticism this movie received pertained to the fact that it differed from the game. And that's true. However, games have a completely different premise than movies, and trying to fit everything from a game into a movie always failed miserably. This was such an extensive point of criticism, that i believe that the only way to satisfy some people would be putting a camera in front of a computer and playing through the whole game. (Actually, you can find such things on forums).

Movie-wise, it actually is everything you' expect from a action/science-fiction/horror feature. Action-packed, it omits any tedious and longish elements. It also does not go into attempting to cram every element of the game into it, a bane of a lot of game-based movies. Its not a masterpiece of intellectual cinema, but it never was supposed to be. in its own class its very good. It entertains you, and does not fall into self-parody or silliness. And the FPS scene was awesome.
TheguyoffireMar 19, 2012
Another one of those failed horror movies based off of horror games, such as Alone in the dark. Why does this even exist? The best part about this movie is the first-person part that lasted about 5 minutes.
skibbiFeb 3, 2012
Doom done wrong! It is not based on Doom and it is very loosley based on Doom 3!
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
jwt7000Oct 24, 2011
Not a good movie as far as I can tell. The movie is short, the plot is not that great, The Rock did die in the movie and the battle sequences does not feel like the one from the original Doom game. If this movie was based from Doom 3, thatNot a good movie as far as I can tell. The movie is short, the plot is not that great, The Rock did die in the movie and the battle sequences does not feel like the one from the original Doom game. If this movie was based from Doom 3, that part should be acceptable, except this wasn't. Expand
Khunter4382Jun 1, 2011
I enjoyed this film! While a harsh critic of the sci-fi genre (my favorite), I tried not to take this film too seriously and tried to place myself within it's target audience. Oddly enough, this is one of Johnson's better roles and Urban doesI enjoyed this film! While a harsh critic of the sci-fi genre (my favorite), I tried not to take this film too seriously and tried to place myself within it's target audience. Oddly enough, this is one of Johnson's better roles and Urban does a fine job as well. I was totally convinced in each character and I loved the the Olduvai setting. Perhaps one of the best video game to film conversions I've seen. Expand
EliteF50Nov 28, 2010
Sure it wasn't 100% faithful to the game, but DOOM is a damn fine movie. I loved every moment of it. One of my favourites parts about the film was Dwayne Johnson. He gave a wonderful performance as Sarge. He was very creepy, authoritative andSure it wasn't 100% faithful to the game, but DOOM is a damn fine movie. I loved every moment of it. One of my favourites parts about the film was Dwayne Johnson. He gave a wonderful performance as Sarge. He was very creepy, authoritative and menacing. This is one of the most underrated movies of all time. My real rating would be an 9, but I'm giving it a 10 in order to boost the incredibly low 6.3 it currently has. Expand
KeenanSMay 30, 2009
I didn't hate this film, but I don't blame anyone who does. This film was only really likable because it was so bad it was funny and had a few decent action scenes to boot. I played the game, and doesn't capture the spirit of I didn't hate this film, but I don't blame anyone who does. This film was only really likable because it was so bad it was funny and had a few decent action scenes to boot. I played the game, and doesn't capture the spirit of it, but it's a fun bad film to watch. Expand
DoesitmatterNov 8, 2008
It was loosely based on the game, had some gore, some action, some good (and bad) acting, and a first-person scene! In other words :it's the best game adaption since... EVER!!!
2 of 2 users found this helpful
MaxSNov 5, 2008
Gosh this sucked! NOT!! I loved this movie, yeah it's a bit cliched but that doesn't bother me (as can be seen from my rating) The plot is a bit non-existant, but when compared with the plots from other game based movies (Resident Gosh this sucked! NOT!! I loved this movie, yeah it's a bit cliched but that doesn't bother me (as can be seen from my rating) The plot is a bit non-existant, but when compared with the plots from other game based movies (Resident Evil, Hitman, Max Payne, and Alone in the Dark mostly) This has the bigget plot of them all. Expand
MtDumdumNov 5, 2008
Doesn't break any new grounds, but it breaks enough old ones to keep us coming back for more!
alienloverNov 5, 2008
Man! If you want to see a alien movie, watch this one. Don't waste time with AVP or AVP:R they both blow! This movie worked as an action/thriller/horror/monster/alien movie!! Damn it was even better than RE.
Mr.MysteriousNov 2, 2008
Not based off the game, but thats ok. If there was only one space marine wiping out millions of creatures it woldn't be much fun (more like "WTF") but when you get a team it's less preposterous. and I don't care if they are Not based off the game, but thats ok. If there was only one space marine wiping out millions of creatures it woldn't be much fun (more like "WTF") but when you get a team it's less preposterous. and I don't care if they are aliens instead of hell creatures, they're hellish enough to work! Expand
AlexB.Mar 9, 2008
You have DOOM. The game which always pulled my attation with pumping action and lots of cool enemy's. This is doom, a laugheble movie that ruins the BFG (blue gue ffs) and is based only on Doom 3, what's the wurst Doom out on the marked.
BruceS.Mar 2, 2008
Are you kidding me?!?! It was nothing like the games. THEY ARE FROM HELL NOT ALIENS!!! God I hate when people try to spice up something that is allready good. Hate this movie, Love the games.
LeonardoA.Jan 13, 2008
This movie is based on DOOM 3, and it has nothing to do with the game except for the Hellknight and the BFG, but they still ridiculous to my eyes. The BFG fires a energy sphere that link up with enemies within range of the explosion range, This movie is based on DOOM 3, and it has nothing to do with the game except for the Hellknight and the BFG, but they still ridiculous to my eyes. The BFG fires a energy sphere that link up with enemies within range of the explosion range, and in the movie it fires an kind of blue goo that corroses anithing in the projectile's route.DOOM 3 passes in 2145, and the movie passes in 2040. That stupid thing called "The Ark" and the "C-24" doesn't have a fucking similarity with the game history. The only thing that i enjoyed in this movie was the DVD extras.Nothing more. Expand
MattW.Dec 22, 2007
Some games should not be made into movies. This one is questionable. Shaky storyline, good action, but overall not a bad movie. The beginning is slow but picks up toward the end. Good ending. Not many movies have good endings.
WilliamT.Nov 9, 2007
A fun film. Yes the acting sucks. The plot is pretty much non-existent. The Rock looks like he's pondering some great mystery of life while simply telling his men to watch their backs. But it's all in good fun. If you take this A fun film. Yes the acting sucks. The plot is pretty much non-existent. The Rock looks like he's pondering some great mystery of life while simply telling his men to watch their backs. But it's all in good fun. If you take this movie seriously, you won't enjoy it. If you are having a guys night out, with pizza, video games and beer, no chicks in sight then this is perfect. Watch Doom to enjoy it, not to dumb it down. Expand
DMuga1Oct 8, 2007
Hahah, this movie rocked. Its got a nice lil plot and some awsome action. Coulda been waaaaaaay more developed, but I think its simplicity is what made it so fun to watch, and I liked the FPS scene.
MarkDJul 27, 2007
As a big fan of both The Rock and the Doom games you could say i was excited about this film. You can also imagine my bemusement to discover that this has little to do with the games and that The Rock is wasted on a character that requires As a big fan of both The Rock and the Doom games you could say i was excited about this film. You can also imagine my bemusement to discover that this has little to do with the games and that The Rock is wasted on a character that requires him to do little more then scowl and shout a bit. Taken purly as a sci fi horror film though this is, um, ok. A passable guilty pleasure (as one other person said) that does get better after a slow first half hour and the first person scene is a minor classic. Expand
AlexR.May 20, 2007
Aside from an awful first person scene that drags on for FAR too long, this film is a pretty taught, nicely paced monster film. Much better than 'Resident Evil' and most other zombie films, for that matter. No... Not as good as Aliens.
LiudasApr 4, 2007
If I lay my hands on that guy who made this so called movie I'll probably kill him. I am a fanatic DOOM games series fan since my childhood and when i go and see this movie i just want to beat that guy how is responsible for this If I lay my hands on that guy who made this so called movie I'll probably kill him. I am a fanatic DOOM games series fan since my childhood and when i go and see this movie i just want to beat that guy how is responsible for this abomination. First of all what original Doom has to do with this Gods forsaken peace of. Second, even if you compare Doom with anything like this crap, you should go straight to mentally ill persons hospital or something. It's not even worth zero - I should give it minus hundred. In short, I AM MAD and I want to kick that bastard's ass for even messing with DOOM's name! Expand
BJ.Apr 4, 2007
Awful. All it needed to be was a plotless movie with cool guns and a lot of action. It had everything it shouldn't have had and lacked everything it needed. Boring, pointless, terrible.
AlecR.Feb 28, 2007
Ok, I actually sat down and enjoyed this movie, instead of finding everything I could to sya this movie sucked. Which it didn't. I had known for a long time it wasn't going to follow the games storyline. While the game is really Ok, I actually sat down and enjoyed this movie, instead of finding everything I could to sya this movie sucked. Which it didn't. I had known for a long time it wasn't going to follow the games storyline. While the game is really good, my question for the game is, What Storyline? I go to the movies not to be absorbed or to see a love movie, but to get away from life every once and awhile. This movie was really good for a middle budget film. Sit down and enjoy a film people, don't find everything you can to say a film is bad. Expand
ApocalypseBrownFeb 22, 2007
Abysmal! Every actor in this film should never work anywhere again. And whats makes it worse it has NOTHING to do with the game!? At least..... no Red Eye is still worse!
0 of 1 users found this helpful
FredBobOct 17, 2006
The movie is poorly done and I am disappointed that the Rock was in this movie. It was nothing like the games and the acting was bad, really bad. If you give this movie above a 6, you saw something I didn't.
RyanF.Oct 5, 2006
This movie is the best, what is wrong with you guys?
AnsonG.Jul 27, 2006
What a bunchless movie. This movie way too long, ill conceived and boring. My special word is, awful. Whats the point the two company (id and Hollywood) wasted of their money to make such film like this? It suppose to be action 1st person What a bunchless movie. This movie way too long, ill conceived and boring. My special word is, awful. Whats the point the two company (id and Hollywood) wasted of their money to make such film like this? It suppose to be action 1st person shooter but where are their action? Nothing new. If u feel uncomfortable of this movie, i suggest u play Doom 3 on pc game. Dont watch this film, its not worth for your money. Expand
DavidC.Jul 2, 2006
The movie itself does not follow the games storyline at all which is rather disapointing but what makes this movie watchable is the witty humour, watching alien heads role and ofcourse to see the BFG (Big F***ing Gun). Not to mention the The movie itself does not follow the games storyline at all which is rather disapointing but what makes this movie watchable is the witty humour, watching alien heads role and ofcourse to see the BFG (Big F***ing Gun). Not to mention the smart caption near the end when you are transported into the actors body and feel as if you are playing the game. Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
EricG.Jun 29, 2006
Where the video game was about a portal opening to Hell, the movie, instead, is about some scientists going to some planet to kick some alien ass, so that the planet can survive. The poverty of this movie's imagination really is astonishing.
StuartB.Apr 14, 2006
I love this DVD so much that when the game come's out i will buy it and tell all of my friend's too buy it to thank you for making the DVD.
NickB.Mar 2, 2006
The best thing about Doom was that it dramatically increased my desire to play more of Doom 3, the intended effect of the movie, I suspect. Unfortunately, this was largely because I think the game is a much better, more entertaining effort The best thing about Doom was that it dramatically increased my desire to play more of Doom 3, the intended effect of the movie, I suspect. Unfortunately, this was largely because I think the game is a much better, more entertaining effort than a film which, as usual, discards the more interesting story and graphic elements of the source material in favor of some lame screen writer and director's notions of what the game was about. On the plus side, it did have an interesting twist at the end that I thought was atypical of this sort of film, and it did evoke some of the look and feel of the game. If you want a better reflection of Doom, I suggest double-billing Hellraiser and Aliens. Expand
DeepK.Feb 25, 2006
The best thing about the movie is the action sequence which simulates the actual video game, other than that the action sequences are not great, the movie is quite long (over 2 hours), and the plot is like the video game (a shoot'em up The best thing about the movie is the action sequence which simulates the actual video game, other than that the action sequences are not great, the movie is quite long (over 2 hours), and the plot is like the video game (a shoot'em up story with some science thrown in). Expand
DouglasH.Feb 12, 2006
I think it would have been better if it was monsters from hell, instead of people turning into zombies. Why does Hollywood never stay true to the video game when making these movies?
KurtS.Feb 8, 2006
This movie was sooo boring! I had to keep fast fowarding it to keep awake. They should stop making these stupid movies based on video games! They just keep making them and even though they are all getting badd reviews they still keep making them!
OneresolveFeb 7, 2006
Another horrible game translation!!! as a big gamer, and a fan of doom, this movie is pretty bad. It includes zombies, but most of the zombie movies i ahve seen is much better is this. the dvd has some cool special features, some even Another horrible game translation!!! as a big gamer, and a fan of doom, this movie is pretty bad. It includes zombies, but most of the zombie movies i ahve seen is much better is this. the dvd has some cool special features, some even include hosts from g4tv (they must have been paid well for it.) the movie doesnt even remain true to the game. the first person scene is awesome, but lasts maybe 2 minutes top. if more movies just followed games, we'd be on to something! they hsould have just turned doom 3 into a movie (that is by far the best doom game.) the same goes for the Resident evil movies, they should have jsut turned resident evil REmake into a movie. the mortal kombat movies remain the best game to film adaptations, yet. overall, this movie is somewhat enjoyable and worth one watch, thats why im giving it a 5. Expand
CarlosG.Feb 4, 2006
I'm not a fan of the game but I
TDincJan 20, 2006
The best part of the movie has to be the music score. I wished they had follow the game plot line.
KashiK.Jan 18, 2006
This is one of the greatest movies i have ever seen in my entire life! The action is intense, the movie is so suspenseful, and the First Person View part is the best. 10 all the way.
MobiusJan 13, 2006
im a big Sci-fi fan and will pretty much watch any sci-fi with an open mind, but this film is just terrible. the acting and the dialogue is awful and the movie have very little to do with the doom game universe. this is one movie i wont be im a big Sci-fi fan and will pretty much watch any sci-fi with an open mind, but this film is just terrible. the acting and the dialogue is awful and the movie have very little to do with the doom game universe. this is one movie i wont be adding to my DVD collection. Expand
SamF.Dec 27, 2005
This movie got so many things wrong that its sad. First if they would have stayed with the plot of a transporter opening a doorway to hell accidently like in the game, it would have been better instead of a virus. The only reason I gave this This movie got so many things wrong that its sad. First if they would have stayed with the plot of a transporter opening a doorway to hell accidently like in the game, it would have been better instead of a virus. The only reason I gave this a 1 was the 10-15 min of the movie switching to First person like the game. Terrible movie ...way too dark and storyline sucked. Expand
grahamm.Dec 7, 2005
Strays way too far from the game in both story and atmosphere. This movie, when summed up, is really stupid and pointless.
mickDec 7, 2005
Maybe my english is poor (this is a reson for short review) but definetly this movie is worst. Only scenes with "walking guns" are interesting for game players as a memory refreshner. Not thrill, no real action, no acting only blood and FX.
[Anonymous]Dec 1, 2005
Exactly what movies are CoD and MoH based off of? Saving Private Ryan? Not exactly. The only great movie to game adaptation was Goldeneye for the N64. The first great game to movie adaptation will arrive eventually, but not when Uwe Boll Exactly what movies are CoD and MoH based off of? Saving Private Ryan? Not exactly. The only great movie to game adaptation was Goldeneye for the N64. The first great game to movie adaptation will arrive eventually, but not when Uwe Boll keeps getting work. Expand
WillM.Dec 1, 2005
It was good for what it was - a weak plot pulp fiction-ish shoot 'em up. I don't know why people even bothered to look at critics' opinions for this, they are all full of crap anyway.
BrandonL.Nov 23, 2005
I am a huge Doom fan and when I got sneak preview passes to see this, I was excited. After the movie ended, I was in dead shock and wondered one thing: What happened? There are barely any monsters, let alone any variety of monsters. There I am a huge Doom fan and when I got sneak preview passes to see this, I was excited. After the movie ended, I was in dead shock and wondered one thing: What happened? There are barely any monsters, let alone any variety of monsters. There are barely any of the cool weapons from the game and well, it was just dissapointing. Die-hard fans, like myself, might give it a 10, but Doom is an 8. Expand
Trinidad&TobagoCaribbeanNov 20, 2005
This movie was so-so won't look at it a second time, but did n't mind paying to look at it. Rock need to stop acting.
mobiusNov 14, 2005
Not bad at all?. As a rule all game to film movies never realy get good scores, but if you like films like Wing commander ,resident evil, final fantasy, tomb raider and mortal kombat then you will enjoy this. Remember the days when film to Not bad at all?. As a rule all game to film movies never realy get good scores, but if you like films like Wing commander ,resident evil, final fantasy, tomb raider and mortal kombat then you will enjoy this. Remember the days when film to game games where always very poor then as we entered the 21st centuary they got much better like aliens vs predator, medal of honour ,call of duty ,peter jackons king kong,lord of the rings return of the king. what goes around comes around. Expand
JimmiANov 13, 2005
This film is not based on the game serie Doom. And I wonder why they involved Doom in film at all. Despite thats it is a good action film. go and look at it, but not expect a Doom movie, expect a good action film.
CraigDNov 12, 2005
If you want the Doom experience please play
JasonHNov 9, 2005
Most of those criticizing this movie are uptight elitists. The movie is no masterpiece, but it is plenty of fun to watch.
NunianVonFuchNov 9, 2005
Brilliant! Best Rock movie, best game-to-film film, Best movie set on mars, its great! Left a smile on my face for about an hour after the movie!
JohnA.Nov 7, 2005
It drives me crazy.. people that give 0 - 2 scores finish up by saying wait to watch it on DVD. If you are recommending people see the movie then why the low scores. If this genre isn't your cup of tea then you shouldn't be rating It drives me crazy.. people that give 0 - 2 scores finish up by saying wait to watch it on DVD. If you are recommending people see the movie then why the low scores. If this genre isn't your cup of tea then you shouldn't be rating it at all...thats why I dont rate movies like North Country or Elizabethtown. Expand
JohnR.Nov 7, 2005
Sorry you didn't like it John D. but to me everything you were asking for was delivered in the movie. And if you started laughing at the end it may be because you really did like it. I laughed at the end as well but because I was Sorry you didn't like it John D. but to me everything you were asking for was delivered in the movie. And if you started laughing at the end it may be because you really did like it. I laughed at the end as well but because I was satisfied with the experience. Expand
WalterR.Nov 7, 2005
Take it for what it is. A monster bashing flick much like 80's the thing. Great special effects and that little sequence toward the end brought back memories of terrifying monsters jumping from every corner in the game. Overall the Take it for what it is. A monster bashing flick much like 80's the thing. Great special effects and that little sequence toward the end brought back memories of terrifying monsters jumping from every corner in the game. Overall the movie did a good job at staying true to the games. I loved it. Expand
IronChristNov 7, 2005
I love any film the Rock is in. This movie is only getting this score because I like him. I have to admit though that I didn't expect anything from this film. I expected a plot that a drunk Collage student could have come up with, and I love any film the Rock is in. This movie is only getting this score because I like him. I have to admit though that I didn't expect anything from this film. I expected a plot that a drunk Collage student could have come up with, and boy, was I not dissapointed. Now I played the original DOOM and where are the DEMONS? WHERE IS THE HELL PORTAL? What is all this 24th strain crap? I wanted to see thr Rock kick some demon ass and shut down hell! What a sad hollywood imitation of a great game. Expand
XeternityXNov 4, 2005
A little romp through a classic video game. As a movie it is bleh. But the movie stays very true to the game, and if you view it in that sense, you will enjoy it. 7
finfroskNov 4, 2005
It's nothing like the games. At least nothing like doom 1 and 2 which is the only good doom-games. doom 3 is super-boring. The movie has three things that relate it to the games. The monsters are extremly boring, jeezuz. The endigs is It's nothing like the games. At least nothing like doom 1 and 2 which is the only good doom-games. doom 3 is super-boring. The movie has three things that relate it to the games. The monsters are extremly boring, jeezuz. The endigs is 25% better than the rest og the movie, but all in all the movie is total s**t. Expand
JimB.Nov 3, 2005
Some films are so bad they make you laugh. "Doom" is not one of these films. "Doom" is so bad it's thought provoking. My only thought leaving the theatre was "what happened to cinema?" Also, the comparison to the game is completely Some films are so bad they make you laugh. "Doom" is not one of these films. "Doom" is so bad it's thought provoking. My only thought leaving the theatre was "what happened to cinema?" Also, the comparison to the game is completely irrelivant. The film should be able to stand on it's own and it fails. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
SpriggangirlNov 3, 2005
Not bad...but,should try harder than that.
JokR.Nov 3, 2005
Not so bad, not at all. I was expecting somthing like alien vs. predator, but this is much better, If you like sci-fi and have played doom, then you will like this movie. Of course it could be better, but still... very nice :)
kharaghNov 2, 2005
This movie was good enough!
groundfisherOct 29, 2005
Reminded me of Aliens. Only not as good. In every way. But better than I expected!
AdamF.Oct 27, 2005
Sucked....it just sucked....i mean i was expecting somthing doom like (i was happy that it actually looked like a DOOM type sequence ) but besides lookin like it it just had no importan story line to it. It was going everywere. I couldnt Sucked....it just sucked....i mean i was expecting somthing doom like (i was happy that it actually looked like a DOOM type sequence ) but besides lookin like it it just had no importan story line to it. It was going everywere. I couldnt reallyfollow movie at times and as a DOOM fan i dont know how many other would as well. Sorry, but it really was a waste of my money and time! Expand
WarmongerOct 25, 2005
Obviously this movie has a target audience....people who play or at least appreciate first person shooter video games! and as a result of this, I really enjoyed this film. It has great atmosphere (much like the game I might add) and an Obviously this movie has a target audience....people who play or at least appreciate first person shooter video games! and as a result of this, I really enjoyed this film. It has great atmosphere (much like the game I might add) and an interesting storyline.....no it's not exactly like Doom3 but it does have enough similarities to correlate, and keep it interesting. I thought it was a very good adaptation of the Doom3 game..... bring on Quake!!! Expand
DeviantH.Oct 25, 2005
Its doom, therefor it is uber, the weapons and toys reminded me so much of the game, which by the way I have played through more then once, this game obviously isnt for everyone, mainly cause its the very first "tunnel shooter" movie, which Its doom, therefor it is uber, the weapons and toys reminded me so much of the game, which by the way I have played through more then once, this game obviously isnt for everyone, mainly cause its the very first "tunnel shooter" movie, which i find just great, I love the creatures and the way they worked it all in with a virus instead of demons from hell but still got the same effect. Expand
WongitOct 24, 2005
Im a fan but not a big fan of the Doom videogames. I went into the movie not expecting a whole lot but in the end this movie impressed me. It was fun, funny, exciting and a above average story. the rock threw me off, he was much cooler then Im a fan but not a big fan of the Doom videogames. I went into the movie not expecting a whole lot but in the end this movie impressed me. It was fun, funny, exciting and a above average story. the rock threw me off, he was much cooler then i thought. The first person view is what did it for me, that was very original and very entertaining. Hope theres a sequel, cuz according ot sources their thinking of one. Expand
JohnDOct 24, 2005
This was undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes the dungeons and dragons movie look like high art by comparison. I literally sat in the theater and started laughing hysterically during the end sequence, thinking it This was undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever seen. It makes the dungeons and dragons movie look like high art by comparison. I literally sat in the theater and started laughing hysterically during the end sequence, thinking it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. I won't give away the ending, but I was more impressed with the ending credits than the entire movie. This movie should have been a no-brainer to make. Stay faithful to the general premise of the video game, introduce bigger and cooler guns, lots of scary stuff jumping out at scary moments, bad guys coming from every angle, a simple mission to get out alive, and some big CGI monster at the end (the cyberdemon would have been my choice). But no. Instead they turn a creepy sci-fi demon plot into another resident evil clone; a lone-marine-against-the-world movie into a team effort with every archetype cliche known to a first-time-screenwriter-hack; and an obvious delightful gorefest into a confusing, overly complicated, steaming pile of alien crap. My advice is to wait for the DVD, then rent something else. Expand
ChazD.Oct 24, 2005
Blast of a film, exactly what I expected and I wasnt disappointed, great job of changing the story around and still giving the DOOM fans what they wanted, lots of action, great gore and the Rock kicking all kinds all over the place.....loved Blast of a film, exactly what I expected and I wasnt disappointed, great job of changing the story around and still giving the DOOM fans what they wanted, lots of action, great gore and the Rock kicking all kinds all over the place.....loved this flick and its definitely up there with some of my favorite action movies of all time. Expand
KeeganBOct 24, 2005
I went to this movie not expecting much, I expected the rock to be corny, but he wasn't. I ended loving the movie except one small part but that didn't ruin it all for me. The story line was changed from the origional doom but that I went to this movie not expecting much, I expected the rock to be corny, but he wasn't. I ended loving the movie except one small part but that didn't ruin it all for me. The story line was changed from the origional doom but that was ok if they make a sequal it may include hell. I hope they do make a sequal because for a movie based off a game this was pretty damn good. This movie is for people who loved the game and just want to see the BFG in action and some imps get wasted, and if you love science fiction you should like this movie as well. Don't go to this movie expecting it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread because lets face it, it is Doom after all what can really be added all the game was is you agains an uncountable amout of monsters. I think they did a good job they get an 8/10 from me. Expand
EthanA.Oct 24, 2005
My 5-rating comes from the homage they played to DOOM the game. The 4 or 5-minute segment was really cool and very much like the game. Us die-hard Doomers who gamed Doom 1-2, Quake, Quake 2 and arena, must all feel short changed by this My 5-rating comes from the homage they played to DOOM the game. The 4 or 5-minute segment was really cool and very much like the game. Us die-hard Doomers who gamed Doom 1-2, Quake, Quake 2 and arena, must all feel short changed by this sleeper of a movie. Not enough killings, not enough monsters, not scary at all. The writers should have fast forwarded the timeline about 2 months, then there would have been more monsters to kill. If there's a sequel, there better be more first-payer views and more carnage. Expand
lukekOct 24, 2005
It was way better then i expected i thought it was going to be just a first person view which i didnt realy care for and it turned out to be better then the game, even a bit longer lol.
KathyW.Oct 23, 2005
This was worse than "Alone In The Dark"! A plot a 12 year old could come up with, really fake looking weapons, and stupid looking creatures. The Rock was fine but it's not enough. Just a waste of time.
VictorBOct 23, 2005
If you're going to make a movie, it should be a good movie. Doom is a decent game (I personally hate it, but whatever), but it should not be a movie! There was nothing to this film, much like the game. Also like the game, intelligent If you're going to make a movie, it should be a good movie. Doom is a decent game (I personally hate it, but whatever), but it should not be a movie! There was nothing to this film, much like the game. Also like the game, intelligent people will be finished with it way before they could possibly be entertained. Expand
jeremies.Oct 23, 2005
I had high hopes for this movie. It turned out not to be what I expected, or hoped. Doom was not the first video game based movie, and is certainly won't be the last. The story as it was portrayed was good. It had taken elements from I had high hopes for this movie. It turned out not to be what I expected, or hoped. Doom was not the first video game based movie, and is certainly won't be the last. The story as it was portrayed was good. It had taken elements from the video game Expand
JohnW.Oct 23, 2005
The casting and acting was excellent. The direction and cinematography were terrible. I went in expecting an action movie, and got a suspense/horror movie (and not a very good one at that) instead. It was cliched and predictable at almost The casting and acting was excellent. The direction and cinematography were terrible. I went in expecting an action movie, and got a suspense/horror movie (and not a very good one at that) instead. It was cliched and predictable at almost every turn. Wait 'til it comes out on DVD. Expand
TerryD.Oct 23, 2005
Good, mindless fun. If you haven't played Doom then you might be going "Whaaaa?", but just sit back and go with it. This is comic book stuff.
GaryMOct 23, 2005
Unimpressive action scenes, and insufficient use of the BFG made this only remotely related to the video game. also unlike the games, this movie has no ending: it just stops as if they ran out of quarters. the fight scenes couldn't have Unimpressive action scenes, and insufficient use of the BFG made this only remotely related to the video game. also unlike the games, this movie has no ending: it just stops as if they ran out of quarters. the fight scenes couldn't have been more campy if the wires were visible, and the first-person shooter scenes didn't seem to be from the same story as the creatures behaviors changed dramatically when in and out of shooter mode. I would predict that this movie will go direct to the SciFi channel in 2 weeks, except that would be an insult to the snake movies currently showing on SciFi for the 10th time this year. Expand
CarlP.Oct 22, 2005
Wow! This movie was Excellent. Considering what they had to go on, it was perfect. It was no LOTR or American Beauty, but hey! It was based on a computer game! What did you expect? Tons of gore, sweet action... more gore. If you liked Wow! This movie was Excellent. Considering what they had to go on, it was perfect. It was no LOTR or American Beauty, but hey! It was based on a computer game! What did you expect? Tons of gore, sweet action... more gore. If you liked Starship Troopers or Fifth Element you will like Doom. Expand
DerekDOct 22, 2005
This movie is a mess. The first half was very good until they flushed the movie down the toilet. The story in this movie is not even close to the game! The first person part was kinda crazy (a first in movie history) but cool. I recomend This movie is a mess. The first half was very good until they flushed the movie down the toilet. The story in this movie is not even close to the game! The first person part was kinda crazy (a first in movie history) but cool. I recomend that you should wait and see it on DVD and same a bunch of money! Expand
GaryM.Oct 22, 2005
Play "Doom 3" instead and leave this movie alone. This movie is loosely based (I mean it) on the videogame of the same name. And they chose to exclude the part that made the videogame so truly creepy and frightening. Welcome to hell!!! I Play "Doom 3" instead and leave this movie alone. This movie is loosely based (I mean it) on the videogame of the same name. And they chose to exclude the part that made the videogame so truly creepy and frightening. Welcome to hell!!! I gave it a "3", beacuse of the first person scene which lasts 5 mins. top. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
JoeD.Oct 22, 2005
A recent NY Times review called this movie "really just a formulaic shoot'em-up, with dead bodies amassing on the floor of an underground Martian laboratory". Wasn't that most of what the game itself was? For those looking for a A recent NY Times review called this movie "really just a formulaic shoot'em-up, with dead bodies amassing on the floor of an underground Martian laboratory". Wasn't that most of what the game itself was? For those looking for a best picture nominee, don't waste your time with this movie; however that was clearly not its intention. This movie was made as a tribute to the grandaddy of one of the most popular game genres of all time, first person shooters, and Doom the game has been copied and mimicked in games more than Star Wars has in movies. So for those critics that watched this movie expecting an Oscar-worthy performance from the rock, try first looking at the source of this movie, the game itself, which was exactly what every FPS fan loved, and exactly what you'll find in this movie, nothing but a shoot 'em up. By the way I personally think Karl Urban did a great job in this movie, and my personal complaint would be that he should have taken more of a larger role in the script of the movie. If you are looking for a real heartwarming movie, this is a tribute to a gory video game; if you are looking for a recreation of a video game, this is limited by the fact that it is just a movie. With the understanding of the difficulties the director had in this balancing act, I was still very much entertained and would recommend it to any FPS fan. Expand
CharlesD.Oct 22, 2005
Great Video Game based movie! What did you critics expected from movie based on a video game about killing hundreds of monsters? Great plot or character development? gfy, this movie rocks!
JJReyesOct 21, 2005
The beginning was pretty slow, but it soon became interesting later in the movie when they went to search for the scientists. The action sequences were all superb and random jokes keep the movie going. Also.... BFG owns.
JesseF.Oct 21, 2005
The movie wasn't that good. I mean, it's a Video game to Movie. When are they ever good? I couldn't really figure out what in the hell was going on in the movie... Although in my theatre the Voice came 5 seconds after their The movie wasn't that good. I mean, it's a Video game to Movie. When are they ever good? I couldn't really figure out what in the hell was going on in the movie... Although in my theatre the Voice came 5 seconds after their mouths moved. Like the Godzilla movies dubbed. If you're hardcore into Doom, go see it. If you know nothing about it, don't bother. Expand