6.1

1. May 17, 2015
    I'm not a big fan of movies based on video games but this one was not that bad.There was a lot of action and the acting was okay but, the horrible CGI monsters and the "game" kind of scene were the worst parts.
  2. May 14, 2015
    Doom is absolutely fantastic, and among sci-fi actions it's really cool. I understand that sci-fi action isn't really everyone's thing, and so maybe a person wouldn't like it because of that, but if that's your genre, then this is probably your movie. The first half is slower and kinda drags a bit until they start finding the monsters, and then the movie really picks up, with a fantastic ending.
  3. Jan 8, 2015
    Estupidamente Imbecil sem graça,sem vida,sem sentido,sem propósito.Uma boa história transformada em matança sem fim até fantasmas de marte é mais foda com as cenas de trem com hard rock. Lixo.
  4. Sep 12, 2014
    I am not into horror-movies (which this is, a bit, for me). But all in all, this movie in enjoyable, fun, and visually good. Though at times, the heroes' minds are a bit slow...

Especially the view-point adopted from the game is thrilling!
  5. Mar 24, 2014
    This movie is in my opinion a rather good movie. Yes it's a tad bit of your standard alien shoot-em up themed movie but it's still a decent film. They did a fantastic job making the set and characters look good! It ended in my opinion a little bit poorly but hey, doesn't every movie have at least a few weak points?
  6. Feb 1, 2014
    It was probably the worst movie I have seen for some time! it is bad and pathetic, it is almost as low as Sharknado. really bad. what a disgrace, Don't make a game-movie, if you don't know how to make a good one
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    I can consider myself one of the biggest fan of Doom, and i've seen this movie twice or three times.
    You can see this movie with 2 points of view: as fan this movie is horrible, the plot doesn't follow the original one and there isn't Flynn Taggart and a lot of monsters that can be used in the film; as not fan this is a good movie, with an interesting plot and action scenes. Advised only to notfan of the original game, because if you see it you'll be disappointed
  8. Apr 3, 2013
    The movie isn't terrible. Acting is mostly mediocre, but that was to be expected I guess. While it doesn't really follow the game's narrative, it does follow the spirit/idea. The FPS sequence was awesome and really did turn the movie from bad to above average for me.

Overall: An above average movie with some redeeming qualities and can be enjoyable at times. But don't do into the movie

Overall:
    An above average movie with some redeeming qualities and can be enjoyable at times. But don't do into the movie expecting it to be completely faithful to the game.
  9. Jan 29, 2013
    Personally, I found this movie more enjoyable than I initially hoped for: Yes it's kinda bad in some parts and it doesn't follow the game, even though the game itself wasn't stellar for the plot but for the shooting, the action, the exploration and the gore. The movie basically takes some parts of the game elements, like the gore and the action, and made a movie around them without muchPersonally, I found this movie more enjoyable than I initially hoped for: Yes it's kinda bad in some parts and it doesn't follow the game, even though the game itself wasn't stellar for the plot but for the shooting, the action, the exploration and the gore. The movie basically takes some parts of the game elements, like the gore and the action, and made a movie around them without much thought actually and at times it just seemed to be padded in order to make it look more like an horror movie. I don't know what to say about the acting because my version was dubbed, so it may be or not an improvement for some, but I will say that I liked some parts and, most of all, I strangely "loved" the part where the movie basically made a tribute to the game by making a sort of first person shooter gallery: it was strangely enjoyable and...I really liked that a lot! It's not the best movie ever or the best adaptation for a game either, but as a film itself it's not that bad and like I said I was really surprised of the movie. In other words, I expected worse, but found a sort of guilty pleasure. Give it a look, you might get surprised as well! Expand
  10. Oct 16, 2012
    I think everybody has at least one 'guilty pleasure' movie. You know, the type of movie that deep down you know is crap, C-list shlock but can't help loving anyway. Doom is that movie for me. The combination of the Mars location, hoards of zombies, heavily armed marines and a bad-ass end fight just pushes my buttons in an undeniably pleasant way. Would I seriously recommend Doom to otherI think everybody has at least one 'guilty pleasure' movie. You know, the type of movie that deep down you know is crap, C-list shlock but can't help loving anyway. Doom is that movie for me. The combination of the Mars location, hoards of zombies, heavily armed marines and a bad-ass end fight just pushes my buttons in an undeniably pleasant way. Would I seriously recommend Doom to other movie fans? Not a chance in hell... But I myself think it rocks! Expand
  11. Oct 4, 2012
    Look, if you are gonna make a movie based of a game, then make it based of a game. Sure it's entertaining but why did they call it "Doom". Instead of being about demons like in the games, it's about a virus that make people turn into creatures that kinda look like the ones from Doom 3. Fun to watch, but still bad in my opinion.
  12. Jul 7, 2012
    A bulk of the criticism this movie received pertained to the fact that it differed from the game. And that's true. However, games have a completely different premise than movies, and trying to fit everything from a game into a movie always failed miserably. This was such an extensive point of criticism, that i believe that the only way to satisfy some people would be putting a camera inA bulk of the criticism this movie received pertained to the fact that it differed from the game. And that's true. However, games have a completely different premise than movies, and trying to fit everything from a game into a movie always failed miserably. This was such an extensive point of criticism, that i believe that the only way to satisfy some people would be putting a camera in front of a computer and playing through the whole game. (Actually, you can find such things on forums).

Movie-wise, it actually is everything you' expect from a action/science-fiction/horror feature. Action-packed, it omits any tedious and longish elements. It also does not go into attempting to cram every element of the game into it, a bane of a lot of game-based movies. Its not a masterpiece of intellectual cinema, but it never was supposed to be. in its own class its very good. It entertains you, and does not fall into self-parody or silliness. And the FPS scene was awesome.
  13. Mar 19, 2012
    Another one of those failed horror movies based off of horror games, such as Alone in the dark. Why does this even exist? The best part about this movie is the first-person part that lasted about 5 minutes.
  14. Feb 3, 2012
    Doom done wrong! It is not based on Doom and it is very loosley based on Doom 3!
    EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
  15. Oct 24, 2011
    Not a good movie as far as I can tell. The movie is short, the plot is not that great, The Rock did die in the movie and the battle sequences does not feel like the one from the original Doom game. If this movie was based from Doom 3, that part should be acceptable, except this wasn't.
  16. Jun 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this film! While a harsh critic of the sci-fi genre (my favorite), I tried not to take this film too seriously and tried to place myself within it's target audience. Oddly enough, this is one of Johnson's better roles and Urban does a fine job as well. I was totally convinced in each character and I loved the the Olduvai setting. Perhaps one of the best video game to filmI enjoyed this film! While a harsh critic of the sci-fi genre (my favorite), I tried not to take this film too seriously and tried to place myself within it's target audience. Oddly enough, this is one of Johnson's better roles and Urban does a fine job as well. I was totally convinced in each character and I loved the the Olduvai setting. Perhaps one of the best video game to film conversions I've seen. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2010
    Sure it wasn't 100% faithful to the game, but DOOM is a damn fine movie. I loved every moment of it. One of my favourites parts about the film was Dwayne Johnson. He gave a wonderful performance as Sarge. He was very creepy, authoritative and menacing. This is one of the most underrated movies of all time. My real rating would be an 9, but I'm giving it a 10 in order to boost theSure it wasn't 100% faithful to the game, but DOOM is a damn fine movie. I loved every moment of it. One of my favourites parts about the film was Dwayne Johnson. He gave a wonderful performance as Sarge. He was very creepy, authoritative and menacing. This is one of the most underrated movies of all time. My real rating would be an 9, but I'm giving it a 10 in order to boost the incredibly low 6.3 it currently has. Expand

1. Doom, the film, aspires to be more than just a gory shoot em' up--though it'd still be a stretch to call it a thinking man's action movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Bernardin
    By hewing close to James Cameron's "Aliens" playbook, Doom manages to escape the game-to-movie curse that afflicted "Resident Evil," "House of the Dead," and, well, every other movie based on a game.
    A dreadful, hackneyed piece of cinema.