Drag Me to Hell

7.8

1. Jun 22, 2016
    This movie is a lot like church. Seemingly endless, full of people that don't belong in it, and it made me think about crucifying myself the whole time.
  2. May 3, 2016
    This movie actually freaked me out. I truly enjoyed watching this movie, something that would make me watch it all over again.

Watch this movie online http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1614-Drag-Me-to-Hell-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  3. Feb 26, 2016
    Drag Me to Hell is a horrifically terrifying horror film that has a way of infesting itself in your mind and possessing your thoughts after you finish watching it. It can be a touch predictable at times and can be a little silly, but neither of those detract much from the overall product, which is a truly scary film that chills, thrills, and flat out scares the viewer with glee. DirectorDrag Me to Hell is a horrifically terrifying horror film that has a way of infesting itself in your mind and possessing your thoughts after you finish watching it. It can be a touch predictable at times and can be a little silly, but neither of those detract much from the overall product, which is a truly scary film that chills, thrills, and flat out scares the viewer with glee. Director Sam Raimi creates a thoroughly unsettling atmosphere and a great accompanying score and sound effects really help to create that mood. Drag Me to Hell was heavily criticized upon its release for being too silly and not being scary enough. I disagree on both accounts. Obviously I thought it was scary, but I never found any of it comedic. There were moments that broke the tension and were kind of funny, but that happens in every movie. Here, the few funny moments were intended and the scary moments were effective. This is not some cheesy horror-comedy mash-up, this is just regular old horror and a creepily unsettling one at that. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2015
    Wow, a real perl amon the horror movies. Logical story, cool effects, no nonsense and some comedian stuff included.

Who says that a horror movie needs to be ultra violent?
  5. Dec 5, 2015
    Drag me to Hell , a frightening film , which shows the true curse before going to hell , all horror movies so that waste and criticize bad , this is the best I saw and attacked me in every scene fear, without doubt, the best horror movie I've seen in my life! God save me from hell.
  6. Aug 9, 2015
    Drag Me to Hell has pretty good acting, an interesting story and plausible characters(Not all but the main 2).But, the special effects were not that good the story is cliché and I know it is supposed to be a comedy at the same time but some scenes are just stupid. If you want to make a horror/comedy movie at least assume it and don't throw like 2-3 "funny scenes."
  7. Aug 1, 2015
    I thought this movie was going to be very good so I was never biased against it. I watched it alone in the dark so that wasn't the problem. This movie is just an abysmal movie. It was never really scary. It had some jump scares but they range from very slightly startling to laughable. Some of the special effects in the movie are so bad that they take you out of the experience. If they areI thought this movie was going to be very good so I was never biased against it. I watched it alone in the dark so that wasn't the problem. This movie is just an abysmal movie. It was never really scary. It had some jump scares but they range from very slightly startling to laughable. Some of the special effects in the movie are so bad that they take you out of the experience. If they are trying to be comical that didn't work either. If they didn't have the budget for the kind of special effects they needed they shouldn't have tried to do them anyway. The character is pretty annoying as well. There aren't really any redeeming qualities. Watch something else. I wish I had. Expand
  8. Jul 13, 2015
    You can always try to overthink stuff, and in this case, a movie. Then, the real problem lies on why do critics think this as a horror movie deserves an 83. Sometimes I think about it and I kind of understand the reason, because the majority of them say it is funny, or comedic, or hilarious, etc... And yes! It gets to be funny, but I just don't see it as a "Thriller, Horror" film worth 83You can always try to overthink stuff, and in this case, a movie. Then, the real problem lies on why do critics think this as a horror movie deserves an 83. Sometimes I think about it and I kind of understand the reason, because the majority of them say it is funny, or comedic, or hilarious, etc... And yes! It gets to be funny, but I just don't see it as a "Thriller, Horror" film worth 83 over 100. I just don't get it. Expand
  9. May 5, 2015
    I'm a big horror genre fan and out of all the movies I have seen so far, this is probably the worst movie. The scenes are way too gross and too much editing has been done which makes the movie look very childish and unreal. Also, the actors were loosing their focus inbetween some of the scenes (multiple times) and both, the editing crew and the directer, were too careless to notice. EvenI'm a big horror genre fan and out of all the movies I have seen so far, this is probably the worst movie. The scenes are way too gross and too much editing has been done which makes the movie look very childish and unreal. Also, the actors were loosing their focus inbetween some of the scenes (multiple times) and both, the editing crew and the directer, were too careless to notice. Even the end was extremely straight forward and predictable. The only reason I gave it 2 points was because the old woman was spot on! She was the best actor in the entire movie. Almost everything else was very disappointing. Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy crap, this one surprised me! I don't think a horror comedy has worked so well since... well, ever. This movie was as funny as it was scary and disgusting, and it truly felt like what I'd expect from a Raimi film. The acting was great, the cinematography was so crisp and nice to look at. The story was also pretty disturbing and creepy. I also liked how it poked fun at a few horror cliches like the bleeding nose thing. The ending, though, was so shocking and unexpected. I'm glad it wasn't another Hollywood ending where everything is alright because I love huge twists like that! I really loved this movie. I jumped and laughed and cringed too many times to count. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in a long time. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2014
    Funny and scary, well sam raimi is back to his roots. If you are looking for a typical horror ,you would be disappointed but if you like the 80s horror/ comedy then This is definitely for you . The film reminded me of my position in a bank and I had to make similar decisions so I both disagree and sympathise Christine's situation. Lorna Raver is absolutely great as Mrs Ganush and theFunny and scary, well sam raimi is back to his roots. If you are looking for a typical horror ,you would be disappointed but if you like the 80s horror/ comedy then This is definitely for you . The film reminded me of my position in a bank and I had to make similar decisions so I both disagree and sympathise Christine's situation. Lorna Raver is absolutely great as Mrs Ganush and the fight between Christine and Mrs Ganush is priceless. Expand
  12. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give it a 1 because the old woman without dentures french kissing the protagonist and, why not, sharing large amounts of corporal liquids while at it, is legitimately horrifying.

Beside that, the film it's just awful. Every character it's a prick. The protagonist seems almost human, until she goes and slice her little kitten in a lame attempt to stop her curse. Despite that, she seems outraged when the mediums gets ready to do the same to a random goat.

Then what else we got... conveniently hanging anvils, Kalinka dancing possessed mediums, and dying old hags with a terminator stamina and a liking for young blond chicks mouth rape. And in all this, I couldn't tell if this was supposed to be funny, scary, or both, and maybe this is the biggest fault of this movie.

Then, an envelope containing the crucial item for the protagonist survival gets lost in a bunch of random papers, and when she finds it she doesn't check if it's actually the right envelope... I wonder what this will lead to.
    Really, one of the most awful film I've ever seen.
  13. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Drag Me to Hell: 4 out of 10: Great another movie that achieved universal critical acclaim that I did not enjoy. Oh make matters worse it is a horror film (which almost never achieves universal acclaim and which I love) and is by director Sam Raimi whom I genuinely enjoy.

Drag me to Hell is all about gypsy curses. In the tradition of the superior Thinner and Buffy the Vampire Slayer our heroine Alison Lohman is a bank manager who turns down a third extension on an old gypsy’s house mortgage causing her to lose the home.. (Lohman is eyeing a promotion and her boss told her to be tough) The Gypsy in question attacks Lohman (in the films best scene) and then places a curse on her. She has three days to get rid of the curse or she will literally be dragged to hell.

In those three days, the demon in question will torment Lohman, so far so good. Then the movie falls of the rails. Lohman does something so horrific and unnecessary to get rid of the curse she becomes a Black Hat extraordinaire. Now a twist like that certainly can work if the film acknowledges it, but Raimi keeps his cards too close to the vest.

It quickly comes apparent that Lohman, despite acting as a younger, blonder, more innocent Kirsten Dunst, is the most evil thing in the film. The film simply does not really pull this switcheroo off or may not even realize it on some level.

The main fault lies with the lead performance of Alison Lohman who seems to skip through the movie with one confused expression, another confused expression and a decent scream. Raimi knows his buttons too well and fixates on violating the chaste Loman’s mouth with flies, maggots, blood, fists, entire arms, and in the most disgusting thing ever; an old ladies mouth without her dentures.

Loman cannot pull off a fun evil so instead she is more the brain-dead banal evil. This is a role that requires a Linda Ferrentino style touch. I simply do not think Loman had the chops for the role.

The films tone is strange as well. Many scenes are clearly tongue in cheek (a giant anvil held by a rope for instance) but others are so horrific (The aforementioned horrible act that shall not be named) that it takes one out of the story.

The rest of the cast is decent with Justin Long giving a particularly strong performance as the really nice guy with the evil girlfriend from hell. (Well going to hell... you know what I mean.) Long is best known as the Apple guy and the film keeps sticking him in front of Apple product placements handicapping his effectiveness.

There is also some strangely bad CGI in the mix. While Raimi really knows how to push the gross-out buttons and the jump scares, he would have been better off with some old school effects.

Overall I am beyond disappointed. Nevertheless, I guess once again I will be that guy who didn’t like the film everyone else loved. It is “Rushmore” all over again.
  14. Jan 12, 2014
    A mediocre movie that pulls all of the same strings of bad, churned out American horror movies.

After seeing this movie featured on several lists of top horror movies, I figured this might be the next 'The Orphan' on a trend to change my mind about Hollywood and horror. Instead what I got was cliches about 'foreign occult", mediums that for some reason, speak in Spanish, endless hot

Instead what I got was cliches about 'foreign occult", mediums that for some reason, speak in Spanish, endless hot and cold moments trying to build suspense before breaking off into nothing, and of course, the flat, "twist" ending, which was predictable to me (always check the most important things twice, especially when they're wrapped up).

I'm more surprised by the positive ratings that this mediocre flick has received, though this may owe itself in no small part to the gradual slip of this industry, which thankfully I have missed.
  15. Aug 14, 2013
    How can any reasonable human being give this movie a good rating? I abhorred every second of Drag Me to Hell and despite admitting that it wasn’t badly made in terms of set design, cinematography, or editing, for example, it suffers from a director who can’t seem to decide if he wants to make a parody on horror movies or an actual horror movie and ends up making one of the hugest pieces ofHow can any reasonable human being give this movie a good rating? I abhorred every second of Drag Me to Hell and despite admitting that it wasn’t badly made in terms of set design, cinematography, or editing, for example, it suffers from a director who can’t seem to decide if he wants to make a parody on horror movies or an actual horror movie and ends up making one of the hugest pieces of in recent years (I could, in fact, re-use all of these words when writing a review for The Cabin in the Woods, another outrageously overrated rubbish). Limiting himself to a PG-13 rating, Raimi at least spares the audience more atrociously surrealistic CGI gore effects, but the 3rd highest as well as lowest of MPAA classifications still leaves space for idiotic dialogs, shameless copying from other horror flicks, and blatant predictability. I’m not saying that I wasn’t frightened by parts of it, yet for most of the time, I was offended and disgusted by this ghastly made movie. Critics that call it ironic or even hilarious just have to be paid by Universal Pictures since there is no other valid explanation for entitling a movie ‘ironic’ when it obviously isn’t aware of how stupid it is. And now don’t come to me with “it’s only for the purpose of entertainment” besides all of that it’s still a dull and dreary movie that is laden with tons of clichés. Drag Me to Hell? Drag me out of the cinema! Expand
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't understand why critics liked this movie. It's awful. It is really predictable, the talking ship and the gyspsy lady are ridicously hillarious and I'm not sure if this film was comedy or horror movie. Do a favour to you selfs, don't watch that film 4/10 for the actors which were ok Expand
  17. May 25, 2013
    I gave up on this movie 1 hour in.. Horribly boring and predictable movie. Really one of the worst movies i have ever seen. Not a single scary moment, just a ridiculous amount of pathetic attempts.. And really? A goat that yells out Really?... :S This movie is pure crap. The lead actress was not convincing at all. I want my hour back...
  18. May 14, 2013
    Perfect mix! Its scary but also so funny, you can't take this serious.
    So don't expect too much and you will be surprised!
    Every second of this movie is great!
  19. Apr 5, 2013
    como solo raimi lo sabe hacer crea otra pelicula de horror con tintes de comedio la cual no importa de q angulo la mires siempre dara resultado este es un gran regreso por parte de raimi al genero delterror
  20. Apr 1, 2013
    Raimi has made the most crazy, fun, and terrifying horror movie in years. its the most amazing horror movie you will see! the cast leads stellar perfomances in their roles.
  21. Mar 18, 2013
    This movie could only scare me if I was 5 years old, and they would force me to watch this movie in a forest at midnight. The problem is that I am an adult, thus this movie just stinks to me. Bad story, no tension etc... Avoid it...
  22. Feb 9, 2013
    I cant believe that anyone could rate it more than 3 but it seems that critics watch it from other dimensions this is one of worst movie that I ever see and it make worse that it 's from one of my favorite directors
  23. Jan 4, 2013
    Drag Me to Hell is a fun, campy and silly film, but it seems that laughs seem to be more important than scares in this film and is often predictable at times. Overall, Raimi's long-awaited return to horror may be entertaining but it lacks horror and provides a laughs rather than scares.
  24. Dec 26, 2012
    Definitely not a bad movie. Its more funny than scary. The acting isnt too good but that doesnt take away from the movie entirely.
    They couldve added a little more though, some scenes feel kinda empty.
    Overall, a pretty good movie. Funny, slightly smart, and scary.
  25. Aug 27, 2012
    I am truely in disarray at what the critics thought was so great about this film. It was the furthest thing from scary, and the so called funny moments where unrecognizable. Boring and pretty stupid overall.
  26. Aug 25, 2012
    This is a hilarious film which is also scary in the right places. Sam Raimi knows what he is doing in the horror genre and I am glad that the film doesn't take itself too seriously. It has a clever plot with a slightly predictable twist but all in all everything works in Drag Me to Hell.
  27. Aug 23, 2012
    This movie is an incredible thrill ride. There are small laughs planted between and within the grand scares. Some dialogue is intentionally grin-inducing, and also some scares, too. The cheesy CGI isn't a con, because it perfectly fits in with the craziness of the film. Even all of that can't water down how truly terrifying this movie can be, though.

It's campy, fun, and theatrical. A

It's campy, fun, and theatrical. A movie to watch with a group, because you'll all be laughing and freaking out and having a good time. But be warned: when the credits roll, you won't exactly feel good. The movie is haunting.
  28. Aug 19, 2012
    This movie was quiet weird. It started off okay but in the final half and hour i don't know what happened. The movie went from high standard to worse than a syfy movie. The main character is completely unrealistic in her response to what is going on. Drag me to hell is complete crap and the movie made me wishing i was being dragged to hell while watching this so called horror film.
  29. Aug 17, 2012
    drag me to hell is a movie who have seen and understand raimi movies because his style is just not like any other.his movies reach such acclaim because they try to make a point on the current status of the horror genre and he makes light of it. his best example of this is the evil dead 2. it delivers an amount of cheese that reminds me of his older movies. this movie is intentionally all cheese
  30. Jun 2, 2012
    It's scary, shocking, and excellently made. I felt a different type of fear while watching this. It's not your typical monster or possesion fright-fest. With the exception of a few CG effects, everything works rather well and really creates a sense of dread and suspense. One of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. You might not want to watch it alone, or before going to bed.
  31. May 24, 2012
    An average film that has weird acting, disturbing scenes, crazy demons, great plot and some scary moments.....
  32. Mar 23, 2012
    This movie was so disgustingly bad that I had to create an account just to express the hate that grew throughout the movie. After reading what other critic said about this movie I had gained somewhat high expectations, what was left of them drowned in the useless **** ending that any 3 year old could have guessed from watching 3 seconds of that ****

I feel that this movie raped my life -

I feel that this movie raped my life - I want my time back.
  33. Mar 18, 2012
    I saw this movie when it came out, I expected it to be some what scary but i laughed at the parts where it was suppose to be scary. The things in this movie are just dumb. I watched this movie with a friend of mine at night at laughed the entire movie. The acting is bad, the lines are cheesy,and the plot is even more dumb. At one part she's getting attacked and for some reason she has anI saw this movie when it came out, I expected it to be some what scary but i laughed at the parts where it was suppose to be scary. The things in this movie are just dumb. I watched this movie with a friend of mine at night at laughed the entire movie. The acting is bad, the lines are cheesy,and the plot is even more dumb. At one part she's getting attacked and for some reason she has an anvil tied to a string above the spot where her attacker is, and just happens to have an ice skate next to the rope. The end is the worst part of all. Expand
  34. Feb 25, 2012
    I truly love horror movies. I love many of them, The Shining, Paranormal Activity, Saw, The Sixth Sense, Signs, Silence of the Lambs, ALL instant classics. When I heard about Drag Me To Hell I was super excited, rarely is there a horror movie with such great reviews. When I finally watched it, I was disappointed to say the least. This movie is so ridiculously over rated and not scary itI truly love horror movies. I love many of them, The Shining, Paranormal Activity, Saw, The Sixth Sense, Signs, Silence of the Lambs, ALL instant classics. When I heard about Drag Me To Hell I was super excited, rarely is there a horror movie with such great reviews. When I finally watched it, I was disappointed to say the least. This movie is so ridiculously over rated and not scary it hurt me to watch. I am baffled at how reviewers can speak so highly of it. It's truly one of the worst films I've ever seen, no part of it was good, the plot was mediocre, the 'intense' scenes weren't even mildly enjoyable, and the ending was abominable. As I read the other positive reviews I feel as if the reviewers and I watched two different films. Do yourself a favor and avoid this movie at all costs unless you are extremely easily scared, or you just want something to make fun of for 90 minutes. Expand
  35. Jan 17, 2012
    It's a bad movie. Not in a good Sam Raimi way either. It is just boring and not serious scary or funny scary. It's an hour and 39 minutes long but feels a good 40 minutes longer. Alison Lohman, Justin Long, Sam Raimi and a crazy old gypsy woman....how did this go wrong.
  36. Nov 30, 2011
    i cant believe this is critic acclaimed !!!first of all flying handkerchief ,possessed guy dancing around the table,talking goat,and so called cheap gross COMEDY is seriously not scary,waste of time and the lamest movie i've ever seen ever.this is the worst acclaimed movie ..they even call the ending a surprise and seriously just spell the movie and just be done with it.the only surprisei cant believe this is critic acclaimed !!!first of all flying handkerchief ,possessed guy dancing around the table,talking goat,and so called cheap gross COMEDY is seriously not scary,waste of time and the lamest movie i've ever seen ever.this is the worst acclaimed movie ..they even call the ending a surprise and seriously just spell the movie and just be done with it.the only surprise and scary is how the rating is so high. Expand
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom Line: Supernatural horror with here-and-there touches of satire is an irresistible modern Halloween pick.

Sam Raimiâ
  38. Oct 16, 2011
    I cannot understand why people didn't like this film. Ok, it is kind of trash but "Drag me to Hell" is overall entertaining and filled with something that current horror films are missing: a good script
  39. Sep 19, 2011
    The movie tried to make it look itself as "Evil Dead"; With poor CG and weak character development, Sam Raimi's "Drag me to Hell" is a movie way cheesier than that.
  40. Aug 10, 2011
    This is undoubtedly the best horror movie of the decade. I really was surprised when I read so many good reviews because I was absolutely convinced it would be the kind horror fans would praise but critics taunt... it was just the reverse. This shocked me. If you really appreciate horror movies, it's completely impossible this being a letdown.
  41. Jul 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really just disgusting and that's all that can be said about this horrible flick. The opening scene was bad, and usually, a movie doesn't get any better after that. The whole premise is fairly ridiculous to start out with. The main character obviously is a good person, why would she be cursed ? She had no control over the situation the old woman was in, and she was not responsible. The entire film is filled with senseless dialogue and actions that don't make any sense. It could be a comedy, a bad one, something like 'Revenge of the repossessed homeowner'... Expand
  42. Jul 22, 2011
    Kinda weird in my case to rate a negative score to a positive movie, anyway, expecting something scary isn't the right thing in here. Drag me too hell is stupid, and idiotically funny, i felt that it wasn't taking the main theme seriously, while it does some creepy sound effects, it isn't entertaining or tense as other Horror movies.
  43. Jun 27, 2011
    Drag Me to Hell is a perfect example of why CRITICS know what the hell (pun intended) they're talking about. This is one of those rare instances where the critics are the ones who praise a film (I mean, holy crap ... this film has like a 96% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes) while the general public completely pans it. Guess what? After seeing this film, I can definitely say without aDrag Me to Hell is a perfect example of why CRITICS know what the hell (pun intended) they're talking about. This is one of those rare instances where the critics are the ones who praise a film (I mean, holy crap ... this film has like a 96% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes) while the general public completely pans it. Guess what? After seeing this film, I can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt that all of the critics are absolutely, 100% correct. This is easily one of the greatest horror-thrillers of all time, the scariest horror-thriller of all time, and by far the most well-directed horror-thriller of all time. It's amazing how many people claimed that this film wasn't "scary" at all, when in fact they were probably wetting their damn pants everytime something popped out out of nowhere after the misdirection/suspenseful build-up that happens throughout the entire movie. Cheap? Maybe. Does it work? Absolutely. This film now ties with The Mist as being my two favorite horror-thrillers of all time. A great example of why critics are the only ones who should be making any comments about anything. Critics and myself, one of the few people who aren't a bunch of stupid morons who wouldn't know "good" from "bad" if their damn soul depended on it (another intended pun). Nearly ten major critics (from Entertainment Weekly to the Washington Post) gave this film a PERFECT score. Personally, I wouldn't give it higher than a 90/100 or a 9.0 out of 10 ... but it really sickens me to read what many of the movie-goers have said about this film. All those comments have done is prove just how stupid most people really are. The critics have it ... everyone else, kindly STFU

It's interesting how a lot of people (and I don't just mean on here) claim that this film wasn't the least bit scary ... and then they turn right around and admit that there were plenty of "jump scares" (which I guess is the term people are using) throughout. Okay ... so if suspenseful music/tension and misdirection leading to an inevitable, shocking "scare" isn't what "scary" is, then I'd really like to know what IS.

Of all of the horror thrillers I've seen in the last decade or so (1408, The Mist, The Others, Skeleton Key, The Descent, The Ring, 28 Weeks Later, Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of Wax, etc., (too many more to name ... those are just off the top of my head)), Drag Me to Hell is BY FAR the scariest. If this film doesn't qualify as being "scary," then I really don't know what else in the entire damn world would qualify as such, because every single one of those other movies I just named (and pretty much every horror film ever, especially slasher-types) watch like the Care Bears movie compared to Drag Me to Hell.

Honestly, do people even THINK before they post reviews on sites like IMDB and Metacritic?

Yes, the movie IS full of cheap, "misdirect and then jump out at you" shock-scares ... that's what SCARY IS!

Of course, as with all horror thrillers, how "scary" it happens to be really depends on how, where, and when you watch it. For instance, if you watched this film with other people around during the daytime ... or even in a movie theater surrounded by other people, then it probably wouldn't come off that scary at all. I, on the other hand, watched this film by myself, in a dark room, in the middle of the night. Big difference. I actually considered closing my eyes at one point, but then I realized that the scares would have been even worse, as the loud, out-of-nowhere SOUNDS in this film are half the scare. At least with my eyes open I could see the nasty, crusty, hag of an old woman pop out out of nowhere and be expecting the loud-ass shriek that accompanies it.

It's one thing to NOT like the film, but to actually say that this movie wasn't scary is just plain ridiculous and stems from pure bias and spite. Because I can think of no other horror thriller in the last decade or two that even compares in terms of sheer fright and tension. If Drag Me to Hell isn't scary, then nothing in the world of cinema is. I pretty much cringed for the entire 100 minutes.

And yeah, there are still people who classify this as part "comedy," but until Sam Raimi himself openly says that (which he has NOT), I call bull. The fact of the matter is, a "comedic" horror film would be quite obvious in its tone and atmosphere. I've seen "comedic" horror films before, and this watches nothing like those. This was a film that took its plot very seriously,where exactly did it say "spoof" or "parody" to you? Drag Me to Hell was tense and unnerving the entire time. If you laughed during this, then that's something to get checked out. Because there was nothing even remotely funny about this movie. Disgusting, shocking, and terrifying? Yes.

Bottomline is, most horror thrillers slightly entertain but do not end up impressing me much. This one shocked me to the core.
  44. May 26, 2011
    This is the best horror flick I have seen in a while, and that is saying something, since I hardly watch horror at all (I get scared REALLY easily). A ton of moments made me go "eww" and "O_O", and those are reactions you are supposed to get in a good horror movie. Also, I was TOTALLY not expecting the ending.
  45. May 6, 2011
    This movie was full of unnecessary gross scenes. Scary, no. Will it make you jump? Yes. Overall it was okay, I finished watching it. But the plot was not very original and very predictable. I would not recommended this movie to anyone. I don't know if i saw the same movie as the critics...
  46. Apr 6, 2011
    I saw this movie in theaters when it came out so my memory is a bit rusty... But after seeing the high score this got i have to call BS... first off the Gypsy woman put a curse on her... after not 1... not 2 but 3 house extensions and curses the girl in the film because she can't pay for her damn house and its the one time the girl decides to deny someone on a loan.... seriously this movieI saw this movie in theaters when it came out so my memory is a bit rusty... But after seeing the high score this got i have to call BS... first off the Gypsy woman put a curse on her... after not 1... not 2 but 3 house extensions and curses the girl in the film because she can't pay for her damn house and its the one time the girl decides to deny someone on a loan.... seriously this movie was down right horrible and deserves about a 4... it wasn't scary and was barely even funny just a poorly written story Expand
  47. Nov 29, 2010
    This movie was advertised as a scary jump out of your seat horror movie. I feel bad for those of you that wanted to o see another jumpy crappy predictable horror film, but for anyone who is a true fan of film and are familiar with Raimi's earlier works (the Evil Dead series in particular) then you should have expected what you got. To me this movie was great it had moments where it scaredThis movie was advertised as a scary jump out of your seat horror movie. I feel bad for those of you that wanted to o see another jumpy crappy predictable horror film, but for anyone who is a true fan of film and are familiar with Raimi's earlier works (the Evil Dead series in particular) then you should have expected what you got. To me this movie was great it had moments where it scared you but it also had moments that made me cry from laughing. Guys it's supposed to be cheesy, that's his style and I find Drag Me to Hell to be the most original horror film in some time. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 was because of the false advertising. Expand
  48. Nov 22, 2010
    This is probably one of the scariest best directed and produced horror film in years. Sam Raimi has finally directed something worth seeing over and over again. The characters are so developed, intense scenes that I will never forget, and just pure fun. That description I can't say for many horror movies and it might not have been the scariest, but I give props for a developed story thatThis is probably one of the scariest best directed and produced horror film in years. Sam Raimi has finally directed something worth seeing over and over again. The characters are so developed, intense scenes that I will never forget, and just pure fun. That description I can't say for many horror movies and it might not have been the scariest, but I give props for a developed story that wasn't cheesy, and Lorna Raver playing the evil Mrs. Ganush. It was a smart horror movie; that is uncommon for the horror genre. Expand
  49. Nov 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the only movie I have ever shut off half way through. It was the cheesiest, campiest, worst acted and laughably directed pile of fecal matter of a film I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. Wow - I cant believe people actually liked this awful excuse for a film. It makes me want to scream when characters act ridiculously to events that befall them. Spoiler Alert: Like Lohman's character the day after being viciously gummed and stabbing an old lady in the neck... "Maybe I should have given her an extension on that loan..." WHAT??? You stabbed an old witch in the neck!!!! Are you kidding me? The writers should have listen to this trash on continuous playback for all eternity. I can't imagine a worse hell. Expand
  50. Nov 5, 2010
    This f*****g movie is full of s**t i hate it, it's disgusting, I usually like horror movies but this one goes to far, it's awful, i have never given a movie this bad a review.
  51. Nov 3, 2010
    Drag me to Hell is certainly a mixed movie. I went in expecting a horror movie and was greatly disappointed however what I watched was an incredibly hilarious, gory and downright stupid movie. It's not bad in any way, it was just marketed as a true horror. Drag me to Hell is actually a B horror movie, those movies that try to scare you but are so bad their good. It was a original, funny,Drag me to Hell is certainly a mixed movie. I went in expecting a horror movie and was greatly disappointed however what I watched was an incredibly hilarious, gory and downright stupid movie. It's not bad in any way, it was just marketed as a true horror. Drag me to Hell is actually a B horror movie, those movies that try to scare you but are so bad their good. It was a original, funny, had those "jump" moments that would scare and tension. In the end it was brilliant, I think the reason it had so many bad reviews is because people see it as a normal horror movie, and not a "B Horror" movie.

It's a watch.
  52. Oct 28, 2010
    This movie seems kinda like a mocking spin on the traditional horror movies we are use to in this day and age. The parts that were meant to be scary were scary with a little twist of humour. It was very entertaining and didn't feel like a complete waste of my time. So if you want a slightly cheesy, scary, and kinda funny horror movie pick this up.
  53. Sep 26, 2010
    I will give this movie and the positive reviews the benefit of the doubt and assume it was much better in theatres. However, I watched it on HBO and it was frustratingly bad. The dialogue was superficial, seemingly written just to string together the story in between the screaming and supernatural events throughout. From the moment the the old women appears on screen in thatI will give this movie and the positive reviews the benefit of the doubt and assume it was much better in theatres. However, I watched it on HBO and it was frustratingly bad. The dialogue was superficial, seemingly written just to string together the story in between the screaming and supernatural events throughout. From the moment the the old women appears on screen in that trying-too-hard-to-be-creepy garb, I predicted that she was going to curse the main character. Everything that happens to the main character after that is just confusing and random. Many of the disturbances that plague the main character are, of course, not pleasant, you would not want them to happen to you. BUT finding a scarf in your throat and having to pull it out is not that terrifying. This and many other similar things happen just as fillers.

The pace is ridiculous. The beginning is slow and drawn out yet it fails to establish an eerie vibe or build any suspense. When the random disturbances really start, they are almost non-stop until right before the ending. It is such overkill.

The CGI effects are too cheap and unrealistic to be scary but not obviously cheesy enough to be funny. Whether it was meant to be funny/ cheesy or realistic/ scary, it did not look intentional. The girl is being taunted by a cartoon shadow. Seriously.

The characters were total idiots with no substance. There is some random back story for the main character thrown in, more as a side note, toward the middle of the movie but it is irrelevant because that information is never really brought up again. She goes from young soft-spoken girl in business attire to flighty and confused to screeching one liners like "That's yours **** and I don't believe any of it. The boyfriend character is just there to react to the girl's changing behavior by brushing it off until he finally sees something himself and is proven wrong. Again, very original. I could go on and on. Seriously, it was insulting.
  54. Aug 19, 2010
    Bank worker eyes Assistant Manager promotion, old woman comes in bank & begs not to be evicted, computer says no, old woman puts curse on bank worker, gets harebrained & farcical.
    Sam Raimi with his usual mix of comedy/horror but definitely without the charm that the Evil Dead films had.
    Cliched characters & plot, twist that you can see coming & ends up being more annoying than fun. The
    The goat was pretty cool though.
  55. Aug 13, 2010
    Drag Me To Hell is one of my favourite horrors. Well, it is partially a comedy, too, but it can get pretty scary at times.
    I just love the fact that it's not the usual stupid horror: full of gore and nothing behind it. Drag Me To Hell has a compelling and very interesting story, some good acting and it just a straight-out good film. Definitely high entertainment value and I'd recommend anyone who likes good horrors to watch it. Yes, it is funny sometimes, but what's wrong with that? Can't a horror be also funny?! Definitely a great surprise of a film!
  56. CurtisH
    Nov 15, 2009
    Worst crap I have ever seen. Please god, I wish I could erase this retarded trash from my memory. Do not see this!!
  57. BrentJ
    Nov 15, 2009
    I can't believe the critics loved this one. It was a totally cheesy movie. A few scary scenes & a few funny ones, but overall a pretty stupid movie.
  58. GrahamR
    Nov 15, 2009
    I was really looking forward to this and it was such a big let down! It was watchable as a one-off, but I wouldn't watch it again. It was far more funny than scary. The ending was so obvious, my wife and I knew it was coming and so did everyone else in the cinema. I have seen worse, but this was very poor.
  59. Dave
    Nov 14, 2009
    My wife and I made it through the first 15 minutes and wrote off the $5 pay-per-view fee as a total loss. If you have a sudden desire to watch this movie, don't.
  60. MattC
    Nov 8, 2009
    The sheer amount of varied reactions on this page should really tell you everything you need to know. If you can turn your brain off, sit back and revel in a film that is over the top in its dark humour, its fx and its intent, and knows it, then you'll probably like this. If you're looking for a gory hardcore horror flick, you probably won't. Personally, I got everything I The sheer amount of varied reactions on this page should really tell you everything you need to know. If you can turn your brain off, sit back and revel in a film that is over the top in its dark humour, its fx and its intent, and knows it, then you'll probably like this. If you're looking for a gory hardcore horror flick, you probably won't. Personally, I got everything I wanted out of it. It was exactly what I expected Sam Raimi to deliver, and he did it superbly. Its not trying to change your life, its just trying to entertain you the best way it knows how. I thought it was awesome. Expand
  61. Grant
    Nov 4, 2009
    Really bad. Tries to be a so-gross-it's-funny, so-campy-it's-funny, so-bad-it's-funny movie but is only kinda gross in parts. Definitely not scary. Definitely not well-written (or well-cast -- the apple mac guy plays a college professor from a well-to-do family). The whole movie my friends and I were going "huh? why? what? gross! was that supposed to be funny? how long is Really bad. Tries to be a so-gross-it's-funny, so-campy-it's-funny, so-bad-it's-funny movie but is only kinda gross in parts. Definitely not scary. Definitely not well-written (or well-cast -- the apple mac guy plays a college professor from a well-to-do family). The whole movie my friends and I were going "huh? why? what? gross! was that supposed to be funny? how long is this movie?" I tell you what--it cost a dollar to rent this from a red box and about 5 minutes to write this review and I feel this movie doesn't deserve either. Just skip it. Expand
  62. BryanF
    Nov 3, 2009
    I honestly don't know where these bad user reviews are coming from. With so many "Horror" movies out there that rely on nothing but shock value, I find Drag Me To Hell refreshing. What I liked most of all is Raimi's ability to create scares that you never see coming. It also has an ending that will leave your jaw dropped. My only complaint was there were 1 or 2 scenes where the I honestly don't know where these bad user reviews are coming from. With so many "Horror" movies out there that rely on nothing but shock value, I find Drag Me To Hell refreshing. What I liked most of all is Raimi's ability to create scares that you never see coming. It also has an ending that will leave your jaw dropped. My only complaint was there were 1 or 2 scenes where the lead actress's acting was less than impressive. If your tired of horror movie cliches, such as high heel shoes breaking and "don't go in there!" scenes, then watch this film, it will not disappoint. Expand
  63. dannnnnny
    Nov 3, 2009
    Not that bad at all! It wasn't too scarry tho. I went with my girlfriend cause i thought it would scare her! CLASSIC. It made us both laugh more than be scared. I still thought it was a great movie. it was creeeepy at times but mostly funny!
  64. RobertB.
    Nov 3, 2009
    This movie was just terrible. I don't know if it was the directors cut that made it terrible or just the lame effects. The girl getting puked in the mouth multiple times was ultra-lame. I can't believe this movie has rated as well as it did.
  65. ChristianRock
    Nov 2, 2009
    I had great expectations for this one but it failed miserably. Stiff performances from all actors, contrived storytelling and poor special effects, kitsch, not camp. It is a 'fun' movie, but only if you watch it to laugh at it and not with it.
  66. KevinL.
    Nov 2, 2009
    I'm at a complete loss to understand all the positive reviews from critics. This movie was completely predictable, often resorting to extreme loud noise in a desperate bid to elicit some sort of scare from the audience that will instead leave you constantly adjusting your volume. The characters are flat, unrealistic and incredibly stupid. Often failing to recognize things that are I'm at a complete loss to understand all the positive reviews from critics. This movie was completely predictable, often resorting to extreme loud noise in a desperate bid to elicit some sort of scare from the audience that will instead leave you constantly adjusting your volume. The characters are flat, unrealistic and incredibly stupid. Often failing to recognize things that are blatantly obvious to everyone in the audience. This movie is an unintentional parody of itself, watch it with that in mind. Expand
  67. Andrew
    Nov 1, 2009
    If you watch this movie expecting it to be scary, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting campy gory comedy, you'll be moderately amused.
  68. ThayerH.
    Nov 1, 2009
    A deceivingly light-hearted movie that shifts between horror and comedy without missing a beat. Wrap it all up with one of the most intense and satisfying endings I have seen in a long time, and you have yourself true cinematic gold. The ONLY people who do not/would not like this movie are those who do not understand it. Pay no attention to the red reviews preceding my own--they are the A deceivingly light-hearted movie that shifts between horror and comedy without missing a beat. Wrap it all up with one of the most intense and satisfying endings I have seen in a long time, and you have yourself true cinematic gold. The ONLY people who do not/would not like this movie are those who do not understand it. Pay no attention to the red reviews preceding my own--they are the type that go see Saw every year. Expand
  69. nickolass.
    Oct 31, 2009
    Best image: fly going in one nostril, coming out the other. Move makes no effort at sustaining a willful suspension of disbelief. Spining a supernatural horror story out of the mortgage crisis is pretty witty. Waifish Lohman's best feature is her big brown strange eyes. Some good informal contemporary dialogue. Funny really, not scary. Tone is too uneven: the movie plays it straight, Best image: fly going in one nostril, coming out the other. Move makes no effort at sustaining a willful suspension of disbelief. Spining a supernatural horror story out of the mortgage crisis is pretty witty. Waifish Lohman's best feature is her big brown strange eyes. Some good informal contemporary dialogue. Funny really, not scary. Tone is too uneven: the movie plays it straight, then campy. Stupid: Indian psychic translating Spanish for main Lohman's benefit. Good ending, surprising {at least for me.] Seance boring. Second best image: Lohman's hard nipples showing through her wet T while standing knee-deep in mud in Gypsy woman's open grave. Guess, it would make a pretty good Halloween date movie, but still pretty lame. Old Gypsy looks like a cross between Marilyn Manson and the crazy dude from Fargo. Expand
  70. GrantZ
    Oct 31, 2009
    Drag Me To Hell, has to be one of the best horror movies i've ever seen. Many of you may be complaining that it's tacky, cheesy and camp, but most OLD movies were like that. This differed from most movies by being genuinely interesting, and not centering around teenagers being murdered. More horror than humour. I must've jumped 10 times. ACE Worth a 96. Rounded up to 10.
  71. jesss
    Oct 30, 2009
    After all the hype about this film, i thought i was going to be in for a real treat, how wrong was i. The film was advertised as a horror however this it definately wasn't, it was ridiculous how stupid the film was i was laughing throughout at the stupidity, i mean how patronising can a person be to think that the audience would be scared of this mediocre dribble drabble of a film. i After all the hype about this film, i thought i was going to be in for a real treat, how wrong was i. The film was advertised as a horror however this it definately wasn't, it was ridiculous how stupid the film was i was laughing throughout at the stupidity, i mean how patronising can a person be to think that the audience would be scared of this mediocre dribble drabble of a film. i highly advise you not to watch this as a horror fan but more of a comedy "shaun of the dead" type fan, not that it's that good. So disappointed. Expand
  72. DalliaG
    Oct 27, 2009
    The main character murders a poor kitten in it.... made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't enjoy the rest of the movie. I have lost all respect for Raimi. Horrible movie.
  73. DavidF.
    Oct 26, 2009
    This is not your average scary movie. Some parts are cheesy, some parts are funny, and some parts are just plain scary. When these parts come together however they make one heck of an entertaining movie.
  74. elly
    Oct 26, 2009
    Loved it! It had frightening jump-out-of-your-seat moments, creepy moments where you just cover your eyes, gross moments and I found a lot of those creepy/gross moments to be completely HILARIOUS!!! I will definitely be checking out the Evil Dead movies by Sam Raimi.
  75. FrankP
    Oct 25, 2009
    "Exorcist" meets "Pee Wees Big Adventure" as imagined by a drunk third-grader. The only redeeming value of watching this movie was that I get to finally bump down "Romeo and Juliet" starring Leonardo DiCaprio as my worst movie of all time.
  76. NelsonM
    Oct 20, 2009
    I've been looking forward to seeing this movie after reading so many good reviews and I have come to the conclusion never to read reviews again as I think reviews are based on excellent marketing concepts. The movie was not scary at all, the special effects could have been much better. the storyline was not boring and i regard this movie as a teenager fantasy horror good to watch as I've been looking forward to seeing this movie after reading so many good reviews and I have come to the conclusion never to read reviews again as I think reviews are based on excellent marketing concepts. The movie was not scary at all, the special effects could have been much better. the storyline was not boring and i regard this movie as a teenager fantasy horror good to watch as a Sunday afternoon show with popcorn. If you want to see a good horror that scares you, don't watch this! Expand
  77. EvanP
    Oct 20, 2009
    While this movie isn't truly horrific, it is still incredible fun! There are some jumpy parts and gross out parts... but what makes this movie wonderful is that it is so entertaining! Just... fun!
  78. Sam
    Oct 20, 2009
    When I first saw this movie I knew it was a horror comedy but I was annoyed more than anything. Then I watched Evil Dead 2, which I adored, and I thought back on this movie and I 'got' it. I gave it another chance and thought it was hysterical fun. Raimi builds up the countless jump scares in the film, but he doesn't use these scares as a way of 'legitimately' When I first saw this movie I knew it was a horror comedy but I was annoyed more than anything. Then I watched Evil Dead 2, which I adored, and I thought back on this movie and I 'got' it. I gave it another chance and thought it was hysterical fun. Raimi builds up the countless jump scares in the film, but he doesn't use these scares as a way of 'legitimately' scaring you as most recent horror movies do: he uses them to entertain you, and they made me laugh incredibly hard. Despite the PG-13 rating and almost complete lack of blood (with the exception of an amusing nose bleed), it never feels like restrained Raimi, because the scares, story, and some of the characters are all so over the top and fun that he doesn't need buckets of blood to capture the insanity he so desires (not to say that the evil dead movies didn't use buckets of blood well). Evil Dead 2 may still be his masterpiece, but it's good to see that horror Raimi has still got it in him. Expand
  79. LarryK.
    Oct 18, 2009
    I laughed throughout the movie and I thought for sure the other members of the audience, who were trying so hard to be sooooooo scared, were going to kill me. My score of 2 was arrived at by giving the movie a 7 for humor and a -5 for horror. "Here kitty kitty kitty." LOL!
  80. McGrease
    Oct 17, 2009
    I honestly think that is the worst dollar I have ever spent from red box in my life. I would have rather gotten a four piece from mcdonalds then to have bought this movie. I think the funniest part of the movie was when my friend farted on a leather seat and it echoed through the room. This is cheese. String cheese. I dont even think blaggy would have eaten this cheese. Raimi has made the I honestly think that is the worst dollar I have ever spent from red box in my life. I would have rather gotten a four piece from mcdonalds then to have bought this movie. I think the funniest part of the movie was when my friend farted on a leather seat and it echoed through the room. This is cheese. String cheese. I dont even think blaggy would have eaten this cheese. Raimi has made the most greasy, skunk, and diarrhea filled horror movie in years. I seriously could of taken a dump on a camera lens that people would rather see than this trash. I would rather have my fingernails pulled off with pliers or be forced to smell a used diaper filled with Indian food. Get em next Raimi ... McGrease out. Expand
  81. RyanMc.
    Oct 17, 2009
    More of an homage to a seldom seen horror genre gone. Entertaining, but rather ridiculous and campy at times. I found the story to be predictable and timing to be sporadic. Nice break from the torture, capture genre you see so much now, but nothing close to scary or a masterpiece.
  82. ZachridW.
    Oct 17, 2009
    From the first moment the scary old gypsy-woman appears on screen, you can tell it is a "Sam Raimi"-Film, the FX, the style, the funny-scary or even "cartoonish" moments, a lot will remind the viewer of the "Evil Dead"-Trilogy. But that isn't enough to make a good movie, in fact it feels totally misplaced here, all the "over the top" scary-things that happen around Christine are From the first moment the scary old gypsy-woman appears on screen, you can tell it is a "Sam Raimi"-Film, the FX, the style, the funny-scary or even "cartoonish" moments, a lot will remind the viewer of the "Evil Dead"-Trilogy. But that isn't enough to make a good movie, in fact it feels totally misplaced here, all the "over the top" scary-things that happen around Christine are neither really scary nor really funny, because the story and her character doesn't match the tone of the "Evil-Deadish" Special-Effects. It's a treat for fans of the Evil Dead Series, but besides that just average. Expand
  83. HollyR
    Oct 17, 2009
    Pretty cool movie. Lots of disgusting, gross stuff to make you squeal and scream! The 2 main actors (Christine and her lame boyfriend) however, were very average. I'm not sure if they were acting like mediocre actors on purpose to make the movie campy, or if they are just not great actors. I suspect the latter. Anyway, that was my main beef. I think it would have been a better movie Pretty cool movie. Lots of disgusting, gross stuff to make you squeal and scream! The 2 main actors (Christine and her lame boyfriend) however, were very average. I'm not sure if they were acting like mediocre actors on purpose to make the movie campy, or if they are just not great actors. I suspect the latter. Anyway, that was my main beef. I think it would have been a better movie with real actors who could act. The actors in the supporting roles were better! Expand
  84. PaulT
    Oct 17, 2009
    Wanted to like it, and maybe that was my problem. I was disapionted. But I think I was expecting a return to evil dead 2, It is a high standard to meet afterall.
  85. ArvinM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    Wow even more stupid on DVD!
  86. JeffR
    Oct 16, 2009
    Pretty bad movie.
  87. jonb
    Oct 15, 2009
    Seriously, has anyone ever read Thinner? Seriously?
  88. MattT.
    Oct 14, 2009
    Lets put it this way; my wife and I watched it with our teenage daughter. She thought it was terrible, we thought it was the scariest, wittiest movie so far this year. Classic Raimi. I was worried that it wouldn't live up tho the hype, but it did. Low body count, but tons of scary fun.
  89. PrestonJ
    Oct 14, 2009
    A movie who died the death of a bad marketing campaign. It wasn't a true horror film, and wasn't meant to be a true horror film. Its a spoof, or homage, to a now all but dead genre of films that are hilarious to watch and have the sole goal of being silly beyond reproach. Its not great cinema, its just highly entertaining, and sometimes that's more than enough.
  90. CapoRegime
    Oct 14, 2009
    The film is proclaimed as a horror movie, but right at the start I'm starting to feel that they got it wrong. Drag me to hell is a comedy, directed by someone who's weird enough to make fun of putting or spraying something on the mouth.
  91. JayH
    Oct 8, 2009
    This is a pretty cool horror movie, good performances, especially from Alison Lohman (who reminds me a lot of Amy Adams). Good special effects, suspenseful and plenty of gore for those who like that sort of thing.
  92. AndrewB
    Oct 4, 2009
    Great movie - in a league of its own. Will be up for an Oscar for Best Picture.
  93. karlg
    Oct 2, 2009
    If you are expecting an evil-dead-like movie like i was, you should watch the first scene, the seance scene, and the last scene, and SKIP the rest. Nothing in this movie is as funny or scary, and every scene is dragged out so long it gets boring. Gypsies are still frequently the victims of violence and discrimination, so i feel they're portrayal in this movie was in bad taste. On the If you are expecting an evil-dead-like movie like i was, you should watch the first scene, the seance scene, and the last scene, and SKIP the rest. Nothing in this movie is as funny or scary, and every scene is dragged out so long it gets boring. Gypsies are still frequently the victims of violence and discrimination, so i feel they're portrayal in this movie was in bad taste. On the plus side this movie has a talking goat. Expand
  94. IsaacS.
    Sep 25, 2009
    This has got to be the worst horror flick ever. The most overrated horror movie of all time, with such bad acting, a way to simple plot, and an ending that makes you drop your money into the firey pit of hell.
  95. TomV.
    Sep 16, 2009
    I was afraid to see this, especially because I adore some of Raimi's films. But after reading reviews in some interesting Dutch papers, I started feeling confident about it. And the movie delivered perfectly. What a good old horror movie should look like, Drag me to Hell was fantastic. I laughed, scared and had my mouth open after the brilliant ending. Raimi's back in the game, I was afraid to see this, especially because I adore some of Raimi's films. But after reading reviews in some interesting Dutch papers, I started feeling confident about it. And the movie delivered perfectly. What a good old horror movie should look like, Drag me to Hell was fantastic. I laughed, scared and had my mouth open after the brilliant ending. Raimi's back in the game, and on top immediately. Expand
  96. konkonas
    Aug 30, 2009
    A reinvention of classic horror.
  97. JimmyS
    Aug 29, 2009
    I agree with the critics. This is a great horror movie in every way. The acting is good and so is the music.
  98. JuanL
    Aug 23, 2009
    Very bad movie. It is not funny and far away from terrifying. A waste of time and money. I was at the point of leave from the theater.
  99. PhilS
    Aug 17, 2009
    Absolute drivel. The rave reviews clearly focus on a movie with the same title on Bizarro Earth, because the one I saw hardly deserves the eight bucks I threw at it. I can't even believe I am admitting I saw it.
  100. JustinD
    Aug 12, 2009
    This movie was supposed to be terrifying? I can't be too critical because I honestly did like it to an extent. It's a charming, fun film with solid acting and a fast pace, but I can't honestly say that it was the scarefest I'd been hoping it would be. That said, it's still nice to see Raimi go back to his roots for a change, and that in itself makes this movie This movie was supposed to be terrifying? I can't be too critical because I honestly did like it to an extent. It's a charming, fun film with solid acting and a fast pace, but I can't honestly say that it was the scarefest I'd been hoping it would be. That said, it's still nice to see Raimi go back to his roots for a change, and that in itself makes this movie better than most of the recycled tripe to come out as of late. Expand

Thrilling and often hilarious, it’s good to see one of Hollywood’s most inventive directors fully reinvigorated. On this form, Spider-Man 4 should be a belter.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    The picture is single-mindedly devoted to pushing the audience's buttons, and who better than Raimi to do the honors?
  3. Raimi's still very much up to his old tricks, retaining that deliriously over-the-top brand of Grand Guignol horror that he had abandoned by the mid-'90s in pursuit of other genres.