3.0

1. Aug 13, 2011
    When I got home after watching this movie, I went online to recheck the genre it was categorized in, it's so ridiculous I literally couldn't tell if it was a parody/comedy movie like the Scary Movie series or if it was being for real. For what it's worth, it was pretty looking.
  2. Jan 17, 2012
    Completely stupid, and not even the self aware stupid that pokes fun at itself for being so stupid, it honestly tries to be this completely serious movie, but is hindered by bad acting and a crappy and predictable plot, the special effects also aren't that great either, it literally is one of the worst movies of all time, and honestly unless you just like boring yourself to tears watchingCompletely stupid, and not even the self aware stupid that pokes fun at itself for being so stupid, it honestly tries to be this completely serious movie, but is hindered by bad acting and a crappy and predictable plot, the special effects also aren't that great either, it literally is one of the worst movies of all time, and honestly unless you just like boring yourself to tears watching awful movies do yourself a favor and never even think about watching this piece of crap, it fails on all levels, a must avoid. Expand
  3. Feb 11, 2011
    Completely brainless with one or 2 creative little set pieces. Avoid D-War... I mean just look at the name. It's dragons breaking crap for an hour and some...
  4. Jun 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dragon Wars
    A Review by Chris Camz of UnfashionablyLateReviews@Blogspot.com Dragon Wars was released to the unforgiving fangs of critics in the summer of 2007, but I only recently watched it via Netflix. The reason for this review is that the past few reviews have been generally solid titles. As a man with very limited resources, I try to filter through the oceans of crap released by companies and spend my hard-earned dollars on media I know I will enjoy. Dragon Wars was a free DVD, meaning I could sample it without damaging my checkbook, as well as take an unbiased look at a movie that has been universally hated, to see if I agreed. After seeing the movie, I can tell you that not only were the critics right, they were being soft on the producers. Dragon Wars is, without question, the most lopsided movie I have seen in years. I started the movie expecting that the majority of the budget would be spent on special effects; I did not, however, prepare myself for the level of crap that the movie would fling at me. From a broken storyline, to poorly executed scenes designed for character development, this movie was far and beyond what could be considered as a movie released for a quick buck. The story loosely follows a young girl in Korea some thousand years ago, who was cursed to be eaten by one of two dragons, one apparently being designated â
  5. Oct 18, 2011
    Just a Terrible movie over all no one should watch it a MAJOR waste of time i absolutely with no doubt I give it a 1/10 because of the giant dragon fights other than that its the worst movie in history!
  6. Oct 19, 2011
    This movie is just retarded. There is no plot, the acting is bad, and so are the special effects. This is easily one of the stupidest movies I have seen. When I ordered it I had high hopes for but instead the movie is not good at all. Overall, the movie sucked. Do not watch it.
  7. Jan 20, 2012
    Why I thought this film would be good still suprises me to this day. This is hands down one of the worst films I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and dont bother wasting your time on it like I did.
  8. Dec 5, 2011
    i think it is brilliant in this film the graphics are superb and i love it when the serpent transforms into a dragon it really looks cool but also it is a little funny especially at the hospital and the security guard poo's himself when he see's the crippled animal [don't have a clue what the animal was?]
  9. Aug 25, 2014
    The two stars come solely from the beautiful look of this movie, and the fighting sequences. That's about all there is to see in this movie; they have been done very well.

The plot: in 1.5 hours we get a sort of fast forward play of all that is going on when it comes to the plot - and when it comes into character chemistry and growth, I think that was missed those completely. The "romance" in this movie is so lame it shouldn't even be there.

Also, what are the chances of a full scale military fight taking place in LA before the city being even partially evacuated? Okay, let's ignore that, and enjoy the Godzilla-like angles with helicopters flying amongs the tall buildings shooting pretty dragons.

I'm also still trying to figure where the movie jumped for its last, climatic scene, but... let's look at the pretty dragons again, shall we? (and thank you for not making the end scene completely sappy...)
  10. Nov 24, 2012
    Tripe is a dish best served...to someone else. If I can spare but ONE person from wasting 90 minutes of their life, by keeping them from watching this unwatchable piece of trash, then my job here is done. Essentially, it's: Boy finds out about girl, boy finds girl, girl holds the mystical "Yu-Gi-Oh!" or whatever, boy and girl flee evil forces, girl eventually is sacrificed to the goodTripe is a dish best served...to someone else. If I can spare but ONE person from wasting 90 minutes of their life, by keeping them from watching this unwatchable piece of trash, then my job here is done. Essentially, it's: Boy finds out about girl, boy finds girl, girl holds the mystical "Yu-Gi-Oh!" or whatever, boy and girl flee evil forces, girl eventually is sacrificed to the good "Omura" (or whatever), boy stands alone (since the theater has since been emptied). First, I will say the opening started off with an old man faking a heart attack in front of a boy's father; sending the father off for 'help' as an excuse to explain to the boy that he's a re-incarnation of a 'protector' from 1507 a.d. Korea. Next was a pitched battle scene from that same era, and that actually fooled me into thinking this could be an interesting movie. How wrong I was. To me, it all went downhill from there. This film tries to invoke imagery from such classics as "The Neverending Story", "Dragonheart", and even "Raiders Of The Lost Ark". However, I'm left debating whether this was actually worse than "Reign Of Fire". From the moment I first saw the 'evil dragon', I had my doubts, and they were satisfied. Instead of wings on the side of it's head, there's a 'hood' similar to that which cobras exhibit. There are even mild attempts at comedy relief, and those failed miserably. Solid 1.0 rating material if I've even seen it (and trust me...I have). Expand
  11. May 15, 2014
    When this first came out, I had a far higher opinion of it (for some reason I can't remember.) But recently I watched it again as I got it at budget for my Blu-ray collection.

I will start off with the positive. The effects and creature design. They are gorgeous. Some of the best looking Dragons in a live action movie. and that's it. Everything else is wrong. The more experienced

Everything else is wrong. The more experienced actors clearly do not care and barely deliver a half assed performance. While the amateurs are just without anything that resembles talent. The story does have little promise at first, but quickly turns into a mess

Overall:
    While Dragon Wars may look good and the CG effects are top rate, nothing else works. It might be OK to watch only once if nothing else is on, but don't bother buying it.
  12. Sep 20, 2014
    A wasted opportunity. The story had great potential for an awesome movie but the execution was suboptimal. The actors are a good choice and I fell they tried their best but the script didn’t give them much space / opportunities to shine. The story has some plot holes and is overall too much foreseeable. Also the ending is sad and definitely no happy end. On the good side the specialA wasted opportunity. The story had great potential for an awesome movie but the execution was suboptimal. The actors are a good choice and I fell they tried their best but the script didn’t give them much space / opportunities to shine. The story has some plot holes and is overall too much foreseeable. Also the ending is sad and definitely no happy end. On the good side the special effects are nice but not good enough to save the movie. Overall I want a better remake with a better ending for this movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A feast of A-grade f/x married to a Z-grade, irony-free script.
  2. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    This one’s for connoisseurs of the “totally preposterous crap” school of fantasy cinema.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Fluent in the laughable dialogue of a million bad fantasy flicks: