5.1

1. Aug 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. Sci-Fi / Horror genere has been always my favorite so naturally i'll try to get involved into it. Idea of movie was all i could desire but it wasn't perfect tough. Needless to say i enojyed watching it. I wasnt really happy with the cast plus characters were dull and boring but they did their job. I wasnt really satisfied with the enviroment either, there was nothing but snow so it was also dull and boring. Story was great in the other hand. With more effort and bigger budget this movie would have been awesome. Collapse
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    Recommended only to those few sadistic people who enjoy watching aliens pop out of butt-holes and bite off human genitalia, complemented by poorly animated martians with british accents. Artistically bankrupt. Pathetic acting. Avoid at all costs.
  3. Feb 7, 2011
    As can be said about many movies, this one is not for everyone. Some films have a broad appeal, this one does not. I love it. As with all Steven King novels/adaptations, it shows what people are capable of (good and bad) by putting them in extreme (read unbelievable) situations. The people in this movie are flawed but noble and offer a good window to the soul. Suspend reality, and commitAs can be said about many movies, this one is not for everyone. Some films have a broad appeal, this one does not. I love it. As with all Steven King novels/adaptations, it shows what people are capable of (good and bad) by putting them in extreme (read unbelievable) situations. The people in this movie are flawed but noble and offer a good window to the soul. Suspend reality, and commit yourself to the people more than the plot and you can enjoy it as well. Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2011
    1st Of All I Love Stephen King Movies!
    2nd Of All This Movie Is NOT For Everyone!
    3rd Of All This Is Fun To Watch And A Good Film.. But You Dont Feel The "King" Spark Like From His Other Films...
    It's Weird But Still Good...
    I Recomand This To Any Hard Core Stephen King Fan....
  5. May 4, 2011
    Just watched this movie in 2011, special effects not all that bad. Suspenseful and eery while maintaining a solid storyline. Haven't read the book. Entertaining movie.
  6. Jul 31, 2011
    I think roughly 99% of the people that watched this movie did so to catch the 10 minute Animatrix movie before hand. Dreamcatcher was terrible. Morgan Freeman's eyebrows almost poked my eyes out.

I did learn that you develop an English accent after having your body taken over by an alien. That was interesting.
  7. Nov 10, 2014
    This movie and the story isn't that bad at all and seriously under evaluated. Not a masterpiece but really worth it if you like alien fiction.
    I wonder what people have in mind giving 10 to idea-free crap like The Gravity and 1 to Dreamcatcher. Well, that's how it is.
  8. Jul 7, 2013
    The idea for this science fiction horror film is remarkable. But the poor executions makes the film ends up as a ridiculous and pointless monster film.
  9. Oct 19, 2014
    This movie was actually pretty good and certain parts of it were really good. The aliens were creepy and scary and the characters were entertaining. I've been meaning to watch it ever since it came out. I actually tried to watch it in theatres but was turned away for being under 14 years old. Finally watched it today, and I'm glad that I did.

1. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Overlong and unwieldy grab-bag of vintage monster-movie elements starts intriguingly as a snowbound deep-woods chiller, but gradually dissolves into a mess of other-worldly invasion and military counter-offensive.
    Perhaps due to the talent of everyone involved, Dreamcatcher moves with an oddly exhilarating awfulness that sets it apart from more run-of-the-mill horror films, which lack the imagination and budget to be so thoroughly misconceived.
    A really illogical and silly movie.