Dreamcatcher

5.2

1. Feb 7, 2011
    As can be said about many movies, this one is not for everyone. Some films have a broad appeal, this one does not. I love it. As with all Steven King novels/adaptations, it shows what people are capable of (good and bad) by putting them in extreme (read unbelievable) situations. The people in this movie are flawed but noble and offer a good window to the soul. Suspend reality, and commitAs can be said about many movies, this one is not for everyone. Some films have a broad appeal, this one does not. I love it. As with all Steven King novels/adaptations, it shows what people are capable of (good and bad) by putting them in extreme (read unbelievable) situations. The people in this movie are flawed but noble and offer a good window to the soul. Suspend reality, and commit yourself to the people more than the plot and you can enjoy it as well. Expand
  2. Mar 7, 2011
    1st Of All I Love Stephen King Movies!
    2nd Of All This Movie Is NOT For Everyone!
    3rd Of All This Is Fun To Watch And A Good Film.. But You Dont Feel The "King" Spark Like From His Other Films...
    It's Weird But Still Good...
    I Recomand This To Any Hard Core Stephen King Fan....
  3. May 4, 2011
    Just watched this movie in 2011, special effects not all that bad. Suspenseful and eery while maintaining a solid storyline. Haven't read the book. Entertaining movie.
  4. JeannieE.
    Oct 6, 2003
    A really fine Sci-Fi movie, Lawrence Kasdan's adaptation of the Stephen King novel Dreamcatcher (I read the Book) and would urge everyone to read it prior to viewing. Excellent cinematography. good casting, this is a crazed symphony of the supernatural. I will buy this DVD for my collection. The critics were wrong on this one as they are so often.
  5. TomG.
    Oct 9, 2003
    This movie ia awesome. Well portrayed by its' cast, it's definitely one to add to your collection. Donnie Walhberg(of New Kids Fame)does an awesome job as Duddits. I'll be surprised if this movie doesn't win some awards...it's that good.
  6. JeremyM.
    Apr 1, 2003
    I found this movie extreme exciting. The cast was excellent, the visuals were great, and it had a great story. I don't know why people absolutly hated this movie. No one complained that Lord of the Rings was too long. The only way I can see people disliking this movie is if they don't like sci-fi or they've read the book and it doesn't meet their expectations. I loved I found this movie extreme exciting. The cast was excellent, the visuals were great, and it had a great story. I don't know why people absolutly hated this movie. No one complained that Lord of the Rings was too long. The only way I can see people disliking this movie is if they don't like sci-fi or they've read the book and it doesn't meet their expectations. I loved this movie and would recommend it to my friends. Expand
  7. Chimp
    Apr 30, 2005
    Oh come on......it wasnt that bad. i liked the first half alot, and then the second half just got too crazy. but i enjoyed it, and thats what counts.
  8. StaceyG.
    Oct 1, 2003
    Dreamcatcher has exellent acting and really drags you into its entertaining world. this movie is the same as the book, it is an escape from reality. if you want a movie to entertain you then watch dreamcatcher, i must warn you it will also make you think afterwords. The ending sways from the book but it is an awesome movie anyway.
  9. TheImminent26
    Mar 31, 2003
    The beginning half of this movie is actually not that bad, its Kind of funny, and somewhat creepy. but as the movie moves along it just displeases me, and i am assuming it did the same to most other people. The worst thing about the beginning is (I hate to say it)but many of the jokes are in horrible spots or perhaps they are not meant to be concieved as jokes, but when a drunk guy gets The beginning half of this movie is actually not that bad, its Kind of funny, and somewhat creepy. but as the movie moves along it just displeases me, and i am assuming it did the same to most other people. The worst thing about the beginning is (I hate to say it)but many of the jokes are in horrible spots or perhaps they are not meant to be concieved as jokes, but when a drunk guy gets attacked while trying to take a piss i laugh . Chad was right too much military is distracting. Expand
  10. JinC.
    Mar 22, 2003
    wow, i really am mystified by how lukewarm the critics are toward this movie! it's great! and it has everything! aliens, contagion panic, military black ops, superheroes, heroes whose true virtues are being pure at heart, the memory castle of matteo ricci, EVERYTHING! sure, a lot of it is a basic hollywood glam take but it is very well done, and very entertaining. in addition, it wow, i really am mystified by how lukewarm the critics are toward this movie! it's great! and it has everything! aliens, contagion panic, military black ops, superheroes, heroes whose true virtues are being pure at heart, the memory castle of matteo ricci, EVERYTHING! sure, a lot of it is a basic hollywood glam take but it is very well done, and very entertaining. in addition, it ends up tastefully depicting the gore without telegraphing its limits - of what it will or will not show - so that the suspense in the scary scenes are always ratcheted up pretty high. basically a fairy tale with a heckuva lot of gore. i must confess that i went for the 'the final flight of the osiris' and i actually found that somewhat disappointing. the mistake that squaresoft keeps making is that they don't take advantage of the fact that what they are making is ANIMATION! don't they watch their own country's anime? the ability to stylize, to amp up, to exaggerate - these are the advantages of animation - and can be found in so many cool japanimation shows. but in doing SO much mo-cap - whose choreography is CUT RATE AT BEST, they deny themselves one of animations great strengths and incur 'THE WORST OF ALL WORLDS'. bah, so much ability, such little wisdom. the story itself is really cool and some of the visuals really are quite astonishing. but the action choreography in the beginning really pales in comparison to even keanu's martial arts in the first film (and that's saying a lot). but again, good story, cool visuals, and truly, the finest use of bullet time camera orbiting and cg ever seen by man - you'll know it when you see it. man, that was fine. jin Expand
  11. JanetL.
    Mar 24, 2003
    I really liked this movie...i can understand how people might dislike the movie or not understand it but they never explain why it is bad????? I can't say there was a part i disliked
  12. GarethG.
    May 16, 2003
    I loved it Though i can see why people don't like it. I think it was also advertised wrong (( the same as signs was) but i loved the film from start to finish.
  13. Romanski
    Sep 22, 2003
    What is cinema all about?Right, ENTERTAINMENT.I can only recommend this big buget movie! Good story, good location, good acting and good special effects.
  14. Nov 10, 2014
    This movie and the story isn't that bad at all and seriously under evaluated. Not a masterpiece but really worth it if you like alien fiction.
    I wonder what people have in mind giving 10 to idea-free crap like The Gravity and 1 to Dreamcatcher. Well, that's how it is.
  15. Oct 19, 2014
    This movie was actually pretty good and certain parts of it were really good. The aliens were creepy and scary and the characters were entertaining. I've been meaning to watch it ever since it came out. I actually tried to watch it in theatres but was turned away for being under 14 years old. Finally watched it today, and I'm glad that I did.
  16. Jul 2, 2016
    The acting was good, it was entertaining and interesting and the special effects still hold up quite good today. Even though the movie is not like the Stephen King novel, I'd say that as a stand alone film, it's a good movie.
  17. Jan 19, 2016
    I've seen alot of movies of practically every category and to this day this still one of my favorites, I'll admit that I've never read the book but from what I've seen NO movie/tv is ever as good as the book, anyways, I thought this movie had a really cool unique story. In a world of predictable movies and remakes i think this one is definitely worth watching, its also full of good actors
  18. May 5, 2016
    I always enjoy the character development of Kings films. Aside from the camp ginger man, the story, dialogue and acting was pretty good.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1963-Dreamcatcher

1. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Overlong and unwieldy grab-bag of vintage monster-movie elements starts intriguingly as a snowbound deep-woods chiller, but gradually dissolves into a mess of other-worldly invasion and military counter-offensive.
    Perhaps due to the talent of everyone involved, Dreamcatcher moves with an oddly exhilarating awfulness that sets it apart from more run-of-the-mill horror films, which lack the imagination and budget to be so thoroughly misconceived.
    A really illogical and silly movie.