8.2

1. Sep 26, 2012
    I know why the reason I was the only one at the show last night.. This movie should have never been made. I saw Judge Dredd, with Sly Stallone and like it.. DO NOT Waste your money on this one..
  2. Jun 7, 2013
    Awful movie. There is no message here, just an American action film, which is not what Judge Dredd is. Karl Urban is a downright horrible actor, or maybe Dredd as a character is just hollow. Lena Headey is fun to watch, but even her character is so paper thin you really have nothing to say about her. The annoying slow-mo affects felt masturbatory and amateur. It was just bad from the start to the end. If you're into pointless, gratuitous violence then this is right up your alley. If you want something deeper from your movies, or clever, then move on. Dredd was pretty bad. Expand
  3. Jan 28, 2013
    Its an OK action movie. Sparse plot, filled out by sickeningly cruel violence - but aren't they all these days. Problem is, its just not the Judge Dredd of the comic books. Where are the juves, the fatties, the droids, the muties, the futzies ...... ok, the laughs? I had great expectations for this film after watchmen, avengers and the recent batman movies. I'd hoped someone could do Dredd some justice (pun intended), but not this time around apparently. The best Dredd movie is still Stallones. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2012
    The title of the movie should have been "Dreadful." Fortunately, the theater we saw it in was first class. I am so sorry I wasted the money on this flick.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    I was just bored by the better part of this film. Olivia Thirlby and the character they wrote for her are both terrific, and they save the film, but the lead actor and Lena Heady are wasted. There are just so many films similar in construction that are so much better. For some reason, I was thinking of Raid: The Redemption and Equilibrium at several points during the movie - both great films. I just have a feeling that standards for comic book flicks have been lowered so greatly over the last few years that anything decent will be fawned over. Expand
  6. Oct 18, 2012
    Dredd is visually stylize, fast-paced bloody action pack. The industrial score wins. But for being The Raid remake, it suffers most Hollywood movies, it never work. Oh, please I try being sarcastic.
  7. Feb 16, 2013
    Yes, it sucks. Other film fans may think that it's a masterpiece or a cult hit but it's not. While it is more faithful to the comics, Dredd reminds me of another comic adaptation that doesn't work: The Punisher. Worst still, it has the exact same plot as another film released that year, Raid, Redemption. That film on the other hand shows you what visceral action feels like. This one feels so generic, and the bad thing is the original comic book has a lot of potential. It's violent sure, but feels so pedestrian. One of the year's most disappointing film. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2012
    Excellent visuals and acting can't save this plodding film. No story other than "Shoot bad guys", hard to get behind a film that asks us to cheer for a corrupt police state. If you like gory shoot-em-ups or are a fan of the original comics, see this film. Otherwise, if you don't see it, you're not missing anything.
  9. Jun 13, 2013
    Acting was good, Urban portrayed Dredd well and Olivia was a natural with her Anderson character. What gets on my nerves is the low budget props. The cars were 80's, the mega city was like a normal 20th century metropolis and doesnt even look like America. And the plot came from a recycle bin. Dredd is like a "futuristic" (in quotes because like I mentioned before, props are dredd-full) version of The Raid (2011). Expand
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    This Dredd movie had very good special effects in comparison to the 1995 Judge Dredd movie, but used them very obnoxiously. Practically half of the movie was slow motion, and in scenes where it was totally unnecessary. I had to stop myself from fast forwarding through the annoying slow mo scenes of people blowing smoke.

The plot was more believable than the plot in the 1995 version, but
    it was ridiculously simple.
    Right before I watched Dredd I watched Event Horizon, and it had negative reviews by critics for having ridiculous volumes of blood spilling everywhere, this movie had the same sort of unbelievable gore.
  11. Feb 23, 2014
    This is the first film that I have ever refused to watch; I would not continue to watch it after renting it from Blockbuster. I did not like this movie for it's romantization of: Drug Use, Rape and Gore. Humanity has to have a line somewhere and this film crossed that line.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Sep 26, 2012
    Absolutely, 100% kickass. Now would someone please get busy on the "Tank Girl" do-over, please?
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Sep 22, 2012
    Dredd 3-D places you firmly in an unreal, dreamlike world and rouses you with its unexpected grace and its rhythms and its movement. The plot ceases to matter after a certain point: This is a great big beautiful music video, and there's nothing really wrong with that.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean OConnell
    Sep 21, 2012
    This, finally, is the Dredd movie comic book readers have been anticipating.