Dredd

8.8

1. Jan 28, 2013
    Its an OK action movie. Sparse plot, filled out by sickeningly cruel violence - but aren't they all these days. Problem is, its just not the Judge Dredd of the comic books. Where are the juves, the fatties, the droids, the muties, the futzies ...... ok, the laughs? I had great expectations for this film after watchmen, avengers and the recent batman movies. I'd hoped someone could do DreddIts an OK action movie. Sparse plot, filled out by sickeningly cruel violence - but aren't they all these days. Problem is, its just not the Judge Dredd of the comic books. Where are the juves, the fatties, the droids, the muties, the futzies ...... ok, the laughs? I had great expectations for this film after watchmen, avengers and the recent batman movies. I'd hoped someone could do Dredd some justice (pun intended), but not this time around apparently. The best Dredd movie is still Stallones. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    The title of the movie should have been "Dreadful." Fortunately, the theater we saw it in was first class. I am so sorry I wasted the money on this flick.
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    I know why the reason I was the only one at the show last night.. This movie should have never been made. I saw Judge Dredd, with Sly Stallone and like it.. DO NOT Waste your money on this one..
  4. Feb 23, 2014
    This is the first film that I have ever refused to watch; I would not continue to watch it after renting it from Blockbuster. I did not like this movie for it's romantization of: Drug Use, Rape and Gore. Humanity has to have a line somewhere and this film crossed that line.
  5. Jun 13, 2013
    Acting was good, Urban portrayed Dredd well and Olivia was a natural with her Anderson character. What gets on my nerves is the low budget props. The cars were 80's, the mega city was like a normal 20th century metropolis and doesnt even look like America. And the plot came from a recycle bin. Dredd is like a "futuristic" (in quotes because like I mentioned before, props areActing was good, Urban portrayed Dredd well and Olivia was a natural with her Anderson character. What gets on my nerves is the low budget props. The cars were 80's, the mega city was like a normal 20th century metropolis and doesnt even look like America. And the plot came from a recycle bin. Dredd is like a "futuristic" (in quotes because like I mentioned before, props are dredd-full) version of The Raid (2011). Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Sep 26, 2012
    Absolutely, 100% kickass. Now would someone please get busy on the "Tank Girl" do-over, please?
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Sep 22, 2012
    Dredd 3-D places you firmly in an unreal, dreamlike world and rouses you with its unexpected grace and its rhythms and its movement. The plot ceases to matter after a certain point: This is a great big beautiful music video, and there's nothing really wrong with that.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean OConnell
    Sep 21, 2012
    This, finally, is the Dredd movie comic book readers have been anticipating.