Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: August 23, 2013
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 87 Ratings
Watch Now
YossiNov 9, 2013
If your looking to absolutely waste and destroy 90 minutes of ur life please I urge u to watch "drinking buddies."

This 2013 movie has absolutely no point to it. It was not a comedy at all and at no point did it peak my interest for even a minute. And I now feel like a worthless loser and lesser IQ than before I watched it.

It made me feel like a 4 year old watching Winnie the Pooh. It was terrible acting, no script at all, the plot I assume was to make u feel a raw day to day life of co workers and friends/ not sure if this is sexual tension or I really like that person/ many minutes at a time of terrible silence.

I do feel bad for Olivia Wilde and jake Johnson because they did give it a shot and its a shame it was THIS BAD!

The director spoiler alert: Who happens to be the writer!) should speak to his financial advisor and if he doesn't owe the mob money he should retire immediately.

I sincerely apologize to my wife for putting her that painful hour and a half of our otherwise beautiful life.
ThoolooExpressNov 24, 2013
I chose to watch this movie as other reviews described it as "very funny", and "a refreshing change of pace" However, I found it outright terrible. It started out well enough, and for the first half, it seemed like at any point, the plotI chose to watch this movie as other reviews described it as "very funny", and "a refreshing change of pace" However, I found it outright terrible. It started out well enough, and for the first half, it seemed like at any point, the plot might pick up, and go somewhere. However, that was not the case. It slowly ambled along, and by the end, you didn't feel like anything had happened. Also, it is important to note that there was nothing I found remotely funny, except perhaps the fact that a movie this bad was even bade in the first place.

I must admit, it was a change of pace, though not what you'd expect. Most movies these days are actually interesting, using suspense, action, or humor, along with other elements to keep the audience interested. However, this one had none. Really, you could skip great portions of the movie, and not miss anything. The only reason I kept watching it was because I was expecting the plot to get more interesting, but it really never did.

Please, don't waste 1 1/2 hours of your life on this wretched movie. It isn't funny, there are no cool action scenes, there is no suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat, and there isn't even a happy ending. It leaves you with a strange, empty feeling. The characters weren't even that likeable!
beingryanjudeSep 2, 2014
Drinking Buddies finds itself looking into relationships, drinking and a combination of the two. It does so without very much originality or purpose. No, thank you!
YarekingNov 25, 2013
This movie has no story. Its very long and very boring. They drink beer and that about it. Don't waist your time watching this horrible movie. It look like if a college student made a movie about his friend drinking beer.
olivialinNov 24, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the worst movie I've seen during 2013. The best part is when the male lead broke his hand.

I hanged myself after I watched this movie. If you wanna kill your husband or boyfriend, tell him to watch this movie.
sailfish9229Feb 16, 2014
Watch this on Sunday when you are extremely tired, so that when you fall asleep you have not wasted any of your time in this incredibly boring, pointless movie.
ixhuxhuyouJun 9, 2014
Honestly, I just watched this movie because of Anna Kendrick. I thought this will make me feel giddy. BUT I realize, i wasted my money and my PRECIOUS time just to watched this BORING movie.
leelustigAug 4, 2016
I don't remember the last time I hated a film so much that it actually angered me. What an unbelievable waste of time and talent. Everything about this film is trite, worthless and just plain stupid. 4 white people (who have zero personalityI don't remember the last time I hated a film so much that it actually angered me. What an unbelievable waste of time and talent. Everything about this film is trite, worthless and just plain stupid. 4 white people (who have zero personality and no likable traits whatsoever) who work at a brewery (wow, such great escapism...) get drunk a lot (seriously how many friggin glasses of beer did they have to guzzle to get through filming this crap?) hook up, cheat on each other and eventually just swap spouses. How life changing. It's a typical story line we've definitely seen before and I couldn't find a single unique element that would make it worth watching. "But there are so many positive reviews! Why is that?" I'll tell you why: Olivia Wilde nude (Yeah, big whoop. She has no body whatsoever) The biggest problem I have with this film is that critics called it a Comedy. Really? Show me which part made you laugh because I didn't even count 1 attempt to be funny in the entire film. I'm not even joking. This was the most un-comedic comedy film I have ever seen. If your idea of 'comedy' is a really dull and depressing love triangle with zero jokes, then yeah this is pretty side-splitting. In all seriousness, F*** all the people involved in making this piece of sh**. I should have been weary as soon as I saw the title of the film, which is probably the most un-intriguing, underwhelming choice of words in the history of film. I gave this "film" a chance because I liked the cast. But the only drinking this movie made me want to do is drinking myself to death. Expand