7.3

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Ok, ok, we all know about my affinity for Ashton Kutcher, however I don't give all his movies 5 stars. Dude, is absolutely ridiculous, stupid, pointless, basically, a classic stoner comedy. While it has no real point to it, it does have some pretty funny lines and that's what earns it 2 stars. In my opinion, the movie is nowhere near as raunchy as it has to be. Movies like this are basedOk, ok, we all know about my affinity for Ashton Kutcher, however I don't give all his movies 5 stars. Dude, is absolutely ridiculous, stupid, pointless, basically, a classic stoner comedy. While it has no real point to it, it does have some pretty funny lines and that's what earns it 2 stars. In my opinion, the movie is nowhere near as raunchy as it has to be. Movies like this are based on cheap laughs, and when it's PG-13 without a single boob or F bomb, it's just nothing special. By the end the film, it was just totally out of control. I should have just turned it off, but I suffered through to the end. Basically this movie was the foundation for Harold Kumar. It was ok, but just wasn't funny enough. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    What makes this romp more than a dud, is the sweet hangin' buddy chemistry between Kutcher and Scott.
  3. May 26, 2012
    OH MAH GAWD! This movaayyy is soooo fannny its oonbiluvabllll wach it nooooowwwww its amasing! and when hes all like hum da poop cat ballsack it was sooo fanny!
  4. May 17, 2011
    This movie is the FUNNIEST movie i have ever seen! if your into DUMB "stoner" comedies, you'll love this one!
  5. MatthewR.
    May 19, 2010
    I will never get those 84 minutes of my life back. Awful, really awful.
  6. KevinM
    Mar 13, 2009
    I really hope nobody expected something deep or even a point from this movie. Also if you're not completely dead inside like Mark B., you might find this to be one for your list of 20 funniest screwball comedies you've ever seen.
  7. WhyNot?
    Feb 17, 2009
    Okay, so "Dude, Where's My Car?" may not be the best film of the past decade. So what? It's not like there aren't movies WORSE than this -- there are plenty. The plotline seemed a little confusing to me -- who are the German guys? -- but the characters are lovable doofuses. I did find myself laughing a couple times, but I didn't particularly like how almost every part Okay, so "Dude, Where's My Car?" may not be the best film of the past decade. So what? It's not like there aren't movies WORSE than this -- there are plenty. The plotline seemed a little confusing to me -- who are the German guys? -- but the characters are lovable doofuses. I did find myself laughing a couple times, but I didn't particularly like how almost every part of the movie centered on the main characters' stupidity. Overall, I feel that the movie was average. It's no masterpiece, but it's okay for a laugh on a boring day. I give this movie a 53/100. Expand
  8. RahulD
    Apr 20, 2008
    I don't see why people enjoy this. It was the worst comedy I have ever seen. If you want to watch a "stupid" but funny comedy, try Zoolander or even Harold and Kumar.
  9. RobY.
    Feb 26, 2008
    if you didnt like this movie your probably a boring old fart it is hilarious. what makes it good is that its stupid
  10. SeanC.
    Aug 2, 2006
    If you didn't like it, you didn't get it.
  11. TimR.
    Oct 5, 2005
    The best and funny movie EVER.
  12. coryl.
    Jul 30, 2005
    Best comedy i've seen since happy gilmore.
  13. Alley
    Jul 9, 2005
    Very hillarious and alot of nonsence. If you have time to laugh then watch this movie.
  14. MarkB
    Jun 9, 2005
    If you like this movie, let me know so I can come and make sure you never have children. No one who enjoyed this movie should be allowed to contaminate the gene pool with progeny.
  15. EllenB.
    Jun 3, 2005
    This is hands down the worst movie I've ever seen. Somehow I managed to actually finish the movie, but after 5 minutes I wondered how anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence could find this to be humorous.
  16. emma
    Jan 21, 2005
    Dude This films rocks!!
  17. PrósperoV.
    Dec 28, 2004
    Delirante.
  18. MadelineS.
    Dec 14, 2004
    This is my favorite movie! Ashton Kutcher is so HOT!! I could never get tired of watching it, it's so cool!!
  19. EmmaC
    Sep 24, 2004
    This was defeinitly worth a 10! its my favorite movie. i went right out and bought it the next day, any movie with ashton kutcher is fine by me.
  20. RobertA
    Jul 27, 2004
    A good mix of funny and scripted nonsense. not too bad. but not too good either. 6.
  21. DanB
    Jul 18, 2004
    SO much better than it should be.
  22. BobL.
    Jan 27, 2004
    This is a great movie. The reason is that this is everyones life, or the "simple life" as they call it in NH. You cant tell me that you can't relate to a character in this movie. Everyone can.
  23. Misty
    Jan 25, 2004
    The 30 and 40 something movie critics who got burned out on the idiotic comic hilarity of such actors as Belushi and John Candy, and such classic movies as revenge of the nerds and Animal House have seriously gone yuppy and are not open minded enough to enjoy a truly funny comedy that they have just simply grown out of! This movie is very funny and Jesse and Chester are lovably silly and The 30 and 40 something movie critics who got burned out on the idiotic comic hilarity of such actors as Belushi and John Candy, and such classic movies as revenge of the nerds and Animal House have seriously gone yuppy and are not open minded enough to enjoy a truly funny comedy that they have just simply grown out of! This movie is very funny and Jesse and Chester are lovably silly and hilarious as we watch their goofball antics in Dude Where's My Car. Only generation Xers and the teens of the new millenium can relate to it, and trust the audience its geared for when we say, this movie ROCKS. I love this movie and I'm a huge fan of Ashton and Sean William. Can't wait for the sequel! Expand
  24. TrineS.
    Jan 20, 2004
    I love that film! I believe I`ve seen it over a thousand times! I love it, I love it!! and ashton kutcher is so hot....can`t get enough of him!!! ;)
  25. MelM.
    Nov 25, 2003
    BEST MOVIE EVA! (well, equal with Just Married) I LUV Ashton Kutcher! "Dude Where's My Car?" was so funny, i've watched it so many times but each time it still makes me laugh!
  26. JoeB.
    Oct 28, 2003
    The second worst film of all time, behind "just married". I dont know why i bother to even give these types of movies a chance. I went in with an open mind, but it was still total SH.T!!!!!!!!
  27. Zebkg
    Aug 24, 2003
    A modern classic. Don't listen to the blowhard bitters who can't enjoy the film because of some sort of superior predisposition, it's very watchable, I've seen it over 100 times. Brainless fun at it's best. Critics: chill out and have a solero.
  28. JoakimJ.
    Jul 17, 2003
    The Best Movie Ever It Realy Kicks Ass!!!! Ashton Kutcher from that 70s show and Seann William Scott from american pie they are the best!!!!!!!
  29. Michaelp
    Jul 16, 2003
    This movie kicked ass!!! i can't even wait for seriously Dude, wheres my car!! i give it a 10!!
  30. GilbertMulroneycakesAtWar
    Jul 16, 2003
    Far better than it could have been. Still not great, but could have been very very shite indeed and, through some miracle of science, isn't. I have no problems with the plot - it's stupid, yeah, but deliberately, and it knows it, so it's a certain amount of fun if you get into the spirit - but I can't help but wonder whether it wouldn't have been better had the Far better than it could have been. Still not great, but could have been very very shite indeed and, through some miracle of science, isn't. I have no problems with the plot - it's stupid, yeah, but deliberately, and it knows it, so it's a certain amount of fun if you get into the spirit - but I can't help but wonder whether it wouldn't have been better had the people been REAL. You know, ordinary people, rather than the pot-smoking twats that turn up on ever other film of this nature. Characters to whom more people can relate. Real people. Oh well. Expand
  31. MichelleP.
    Jun 3, 2003
    I'm mainly giving this movie a 3 because much of the humor is funny and it had some decent acting. Why not a 10? Well, I found the plot way too stupid to bear, the characters were unlikable (I couldn't care less about what happened to the dudes), and well, it was just too dumb for me. Do I think Ashton Kutcher is a cute guy? Yes, but just because he is, doesn't mean I'm mainly giving this movie a 3 because much of the humor is funny and it had some decent acting. Why not a 10? Well, I found the plot way too stupid to bear, the characters were unlikable (I couldn't care less about what happened to the dudes), and well, it was just too dumb for me. Do I think Ashton Kutcher is a cute guy? Yes, but just because he is, doesn't mean I'll say "Oh my god! Ashton Kutcher is sooooooo hot! I'm giving this movie a 10 because of him!" Come on... I think Keanu Reeves is gorgeous, and you don't see me giving out an automatic 10 to "The Matrix Reloaded"! Expand
  32. CyN*THiA
    May 8, 2003
    Ashton kutcher is maddd hott, n im his numba one fan-- hes da best yo.
  33. MihaG.
    May 3, 2003
    Overrated.
  34. KurtF.
    Apr 2, 2003
    This movie was amazing. Probably one of my favorite comedies of all time. It starts out with the traditional stupidities, but come on, aliens? Space nerds? A transsexual stripper? How can this NOT be funny? This movie is a lot more intelligent than the critics claim.
  35. MegS.
    Mar 22, 2003
    It has some funny ass lines in it, but the plot is kinda lame.
  36. Claire&SarahS.
    Jan 10, 2003
    This movie is Shibbytastic. ashton and sean are super hott and funny too. i love this movie. it rulez ass!!!
  37. MattC.
    Jan 7, 2003
    "Any civilization that can produce a movie this stupid probably deserves to be hit by famine and pestilence." I'm sorry, but I think that should be the poster-line for this movie. What further recommendation do you need? It is stoopid with a capital oo and knows it which is precisely why it's so funny. "Dude..." is the kind of movie that makes you laugh that Hillbilly kind of "Any civilization that can produce a movie this stupid probably deserves to be hit by famine and pestilence." I'm sorry, but I think that should be the poster-line for this movie. What further recommendation do you need? It is stoopid with a capital oo and knows it which is precisely why it's so funny. "Dude..." is the kind of movie that makes you laugh that Hillbilly kind of laugh, you know what I mean, "kyuck kyuck kyuck" And the sequel's gonna be called "Seriously Dude... Where's My Car" Now come on... that's CLASSIC! Surely you find that funny... surely! Come ON!! Expand
  38. NicoleW.
    Jan 6, 2003
    This is an awesome movie. For all you lamo's out there, you have to be like an old person or something to not like this. I love it when they're at the Chinese Fooooood place and when they wear those adidas outifts. It's just so funny. ............... SHIBBY!
  39. JimmyJ.
    Dec 30, 2002
    I've seen this movie about 10 times now, and for each time its only gets better! i love it! and i LOVE their flashy adidas suits=)
  40. MitchH.
    Dec 28, 2002
    To my srprise, I laughed more then i thought. I enjoyed the craziness of the story and how dumb these two guys are. For a movie you don't need to think to watch, I liked it.
  41. Fookmi
    Dec 27, 2002
    Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott are by far two of the hottest teenage guys on the face of this earth. Even if the movie is stupid, they are really hot and that's really all that matters.
  42. Raruhhuh
    Dec 5, 2002
    Shibe.
  43. DudeIlikeitlikethatShibby
    Nov 22, 2002
    Dude, If you don't think this is funny your........a stoner!!! This was so funny!!! Shibby to all the people out there that like this movie!! SHIBBY!!!
  44. NotstonedWhilewatching
    Nov 17, 2002
    I like movies that are funny, I actually think Jackass is a much better film than this. How did this movie get a 22 even?! If you actually like this movie at all, either you need to check your IQ again, or you got tackled too often on the high school football team. Or, your the typical cheerleading dumbass type at your high school. Do not give high ratings because of good looking people I like movies that are funny, I actually think Jackass is a much better film than this. How did this movie get a 22 even?! If you actually like this movie at all, either you need to check your IQ again, or you got tackled too often on the high school football team. Or, your the typical cheerleading dumbass type at your high school. Do not give high ratings because of good looking people you fools. Expand
  45. ErikaM.
    Nov 10, 2002
    OMG this movie rocks! it has duh ashton kutcher who is so hott! and sean willam scott who is also hello hott! if they werent in it doing the jokes,. then ya i agree this movie would suck. but it was like totally awesome!
  46. Me
    Oct 30, 2002
    I love this movie and everyone should. evry time i hear the chinese fooood lady say and then.. i fall off the couch laughing. i might even go as a zultan follower for halloween this year.
  47. KoreiN.
    Oct 28, 2002
    How can you people dislike this movie? It was so hilarious it smacked "Dumb And Dumber" down to the ground! However, it ain't as good as "Wayne's World." But it's hilarious.
  48. S.G.
    Oct 25, 2002
    LAAAME!
  49. WilliamA.
    Oct 17, 2002
    It's the best!!!! Remember that I said: Later...Dude's!! hahahaha
  50. TamaraD.
    Oct 12, 2002
    I gave Dude wheres my car? A 10 because i love the movie i have the soundtrack, dvd, and vcr movie. I have tons of pictures and i love Jesse (Ashton Kutcher) whoever thinks this movie sucks u suck.
  51. Jana
    Sep 25, 2002
    These reviewers just don't get stupid comedy. it's even kinda smart in a stupid kinda way. even stuff that's insignificant is memorable! I'd say it's entirely possible! And then...I'm okay, are you okay? And then...I think you're tryna say honorable.And then....Spit. You know, lubrication. That's gross dude!And then....A barn? Is it red? No! Then These reviewers just don't get stupid comedy. it's even kinda smart in a stupid kinda way. even stuff that's insignificant is memorable! I'd say it's entirely possible! And then...I'm okay, are you okay? And then...I think you're tryna say honorable.And then....Spit. You know, lubrication. That's gross dude!And then....A barn? Is it red? No! Then it's not a barn! And then....stop copying us....And the....If we see the trans-ding-a-ling thing, we'll give you a call. And then...dude, you touched Christy Bonerrs who who. Shibby! Low five. And then... I could go on foreve but I'll shut up, dude! Expand
    Sep 25, 2002
    Dude, this movie is sweeet! This is the best movie ever!!!! It's hilarious and the only movie that's actually made me laugh hysterically! And the lines are so... catchy. I've been repeating lines from it all week ad totally pissing my friendsofffrom doing it so much! Ashton Kutche and Seann William Scott should've been nominated for Best Kiss!!! he he he
  53. Arthur
    Sep 17, 2002
    Hey, this definitely is one of those stupid comedies aimed at teens. It isn't a movie for the uptight critics. If the commercials look cool to you, check it out.
  54. CoryS.
    Sep 15, 2002
    I wish i cud've put 12 instead of ten. It is that good!!!
  55. PaulvanB.
    Sep 7, 2002
    This is absolutely the funniest movie ever made. If you don't like it, you're just too dumb.
  56. JelleS.
    Aug 19, 2002
    It's a great movie!!!! no it's the best!!!!
  57. AngelaS.
    Aug 16, 2002
    Oh my GOD!!! When i first saw this movie it was so funny i couldn't stop laughing for weeks or days who knows. Also those dumb morons who rated it low they dont know what comedy is when they see it. haha. I HEART THIS MOVIE!!! Dude you just touched chrissy boaners hoo hoo!!! SHIBBY!!! I am a 13 year old freak who loves that movie.
  58. NolanB.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Anyone who rates this movie high is as dumb as the 'dudes' Unfunny comedy.. it has maybe one funny part, not to mention a very stupid plot. And don't think I'm too old to appreciate it.. I'm 15.
  59. AndersC.
    Aug 9, 2002
    I Heart This Movie! Dude They're Lamas!!
  60. TomT.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Sh.tburgers USA, after seeing this flick, i found myself asking myself...err..dude, wheres my gun!
  61. MegH.
    Aug 1, 2002
    I think it's too bad that the "professionals" who rated tis movie failed to see it for its value--it makes me happy. It's never fail that I laugh for at least a week every time I watc "Dude Where's My Car." Some critics chastise the writers and director for not being gutsy enough to make it "R" material. I thank them for leaving some things to be implicit. I for one, I think it's too bad that the "professionals" who rated tis movie failed to see it for its value--it makes me happy. It's never fail that I laugh for at least a week every time I watc "Dude Where's My Car." Some critics chastise the writers and director for not being gutsy enough to make it "R" material. I thank them for leaving some things to be implicit. I for one, don't need to see Jesse and Chester smoke out to know that they are stoners. And their actions are funny whether they're stoners or just plain idiots. I also disagree with critics who state that they LOVE a good cheesy comedy, even one like Bill and Ted, but hated this. Did they ever watch Bill and Ted all the way through??? I did, and Dude, the only reason it's funny is the over the top wardrobing and vernacular that the character speak. I LOVE DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR. "Dude, totally gay nordic dudes, three o'clock" Expand
  62. CatherineC.
    Jul 25, 2002
    This movie really is SHIBBY!!! I saw this movie with my 12 year old sister. I might be turning 10 but after all the teen movies I've seen I'm used to it.
  63. StephanieW.
    Jul 15, 2002
    This movie was one of the best movies I had ever seen in my 15 years. I would definitely recommend this movie to friends. Hope they come out with a sequel!
  64. NatalieQ.
    Jul 3, 2002
    Oh my goodness, this movie is hilarious!!! So what if it's super shallow and has like no plot??? It's a COMEDY!! Comedy's aren't supposed to be serious and most these days arent ones youd want yer parents to see with u, u have to be in the right mood to like this movie. it's a hilarious movie though!!
  65. LaurenB.
    Jun 24, 2002
    10 outta 10 BABY! Don't listen 2 the stuck up old fart who gets paid millions 2 review films, coz they're crap at it! ITS SHIBBY, & DONT GET TOLD OTHERWISE!!! "it's a barn!' 'is it red?' 'no' 'then its not a barn!'
  66. ReeseB.
    Jun 21, 2002
    SHIBBY.
  67. ElCamino
    May 28, 2002
    This is the funniest movie! I guess you guys are just too old for this movie, if you're giving it such low rates.
  68. Paul
    May 28, 2002
    This movie is the best and most fun movie i've seen in an entire time, if you can't laugh about this movie you are humorless!
  69. KoewnK.
    May 9, 2002
    Dude, this movie really is SWEET!!! (greets to ZOLTAN!)
  70. RitaS.
    May 7, 2002
    SHIBBY DUDE!!! This is the funniest movie that has ever been made!!!! The first time I saw it, I had to see it 5 times!!! And even then I thought everything was just as funny as the first time I saw it!!! and then.... chinese foooooood, what u like? *lol* I can't stop laughing!!!!
  71. HegeS.
    May 7, 2002
    Dude, this is the best movie I've ever seen!!!! Ever since I saw this movie, I've been saying "and then...", "dude, the dog's a stoner...", "continuum transfunctioner..." and all those cool expressions they had in that movie. This is definitely the funniest movie EVER!!!! (",)
  72. ArnoV.
    Apr 23, 2002
    This movie is absolutely awesome! Haven't seen a movie quite as funny like this in years!! I can't imagine why so many so-called critics find this movie bad - that gives more an indication of how they are than this movie. I actually would want to give this movie a '10', but that might not be credible to some people... This movie one HAS TO see!! QUALITY is the word!
  73. AngieC.
    Apr 12, 2002
    This movie is so cool... watch it!!
  74. J.J.
    Mar 18, 2002
    Excellent. What more can I say. It is supposed to be a teen movie, but I am in my 30's and think it is one of the most funny films I've seen.
  75. BrentS.
    Mar 15, 2002
    Jesse and Chester are awesome!!! I love their comedy. The silent parts where they don't use their words and just sorta stare at something is comedy!!!
  76. LauraT.
    Mar 8, 2002
    This is the best movie of all time! Nothing surpasses it!
  77. MattK.
    Feb 28, 2002
    I think this movie is sweet! The most funny part was when Mr. Pizzaconoli's said "Damn, those are some big ass panties." I think everyone should see this movie.
  78. BethH.
    Feb 25, 2002
    This movie rocks! SHIBBY!
  79. Chelsea&Kelcie
    Feb 19, 2002
    DUDE, this movie is totally SWEET! Anybody who gave it an 8 or under needs to lighten up! -Nice bods Jesse and Chester- SHIBBY.
  80. CindyT.
    Feb 19, 2002
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It is one of the best movies I have seen in YEARS! And all of my friends agree! Screw all you guys who think this movie blows! It is absolutely hilarious! Jesse and Chester Rock! I own this movie, ok! I watch it everyday, and laugh at every single thing! I know the words of by heart. And to all you 'movie critics' out there who say this movie is sucks, up yours!
  81. AdamH.
    Feb 12, 2002
    This movie is SWEET!!! Totally shibby dude!! I laughed my balls off at this. And anyone who gives it less than an 8 is clearly a berk!!!
  82. AshL.
    Feb 4, 2002
    I love it! Not to mention how hott Jess & Chester are, but it's so stupid it's hilarious!!!
  83. EricF.
    Jan 23, 2002
    This movie was great. It had a extremely well developed plot(everything that happens in the movie has importance later on), and two of the greatest teen comedy actors of our time, (ashton kutcher and seann william scott). I think that whoever thinks this movie sucks needs to open their eyes and take a break from being serious. We all need a good break.
  84. John
    Jan 18, 2002
    The critics might not like it, but hey, I'm in my 40s and guys that film is sooooo good!
  85. AndreaB.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This movie is AWESOME! I've seen it about 10 times in the past two weeks and I could watch it ten more times!
  86. Danielle
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is the best movie ever. Some of the peeps who gave low scores need to get a life.
  87. EmmaP.
    Sep 22, 2001
    THIS MOVIE IS MY FAVORITE ONE! I never had so much fun in my life watching movies and I hate dumb comedies, so this movie is just Sweeeeeeeet dude!
  88. EmmaP.
  89. EmmaP.
  90. TahnaE.
    Aug 29, 2001
    This movie was AWSOME!!! I loved it! It's by far my favorite movie!!! Seann was the best! Really hot! I absolutely LOVE it!
  91. JasonB.
    Aug 13, 2001
    It's the best film i've ever seen....and then? lol!
  92. CarterS.
    Aug 7, 2001
    I really liked this movie; I don't see what was so bad about it. The leads were funny and entertaining throughout. Even though highly unreal, the plot was well-developed and well explained...it ran well. The Andy Dick cameo was funny as well. Personally it is one of my favorite movies, but then I'm an idiot.
  93. Marie-joséeG.
    Aug 4, 2001
    It's a very good movie...Sweet!
  94. MichaelFoster
    Jul 31, 2001
    This is one of the worst films ever made in the history of the planet Earth. This is a movie trying to be idiotic but instead being idiotic while pretending to be idiotic and making idiots feel good about being idiots. Seann William Scott is one of the most stupid actors of our time. He is either being an idiot trying to play an idiot or just a idiot trying to play it cool. He sucks inThis is one of the worst films ever made in the history of the planet Earth. This is a movie trying to be idiotic but instead being idiotic while pretending to be idiotic and making idiots feel good about being idiots. Seann William Scott is one of the most stupid actors of our time. He is either being an idiot trying to play an idiot or just a idiot trying to play it cool. He sucks in "Road Trip" as he does in everything else. Expand
  95. AllyL.
    Jul 14, 2001
    I haven't seen a movie like this that made me laugh so hard! It was so stupid it was funny!
  96. DudeDewdalerz
    Jul 11, 2001
    Dat dere wuzzzz da bast dang darn moovee i dunn avere ded sea!!!! coo coo Ka chew i am tha walrus!!
  97. HilaryW.
    Jul 3, 2001
    The best movie I have ever seen in my life. Not only is Ashton Kutcher the hottest man alive, but he was very funny in this film. The only downpoint of the film was that Ashton didn't take his shirt off enough. : )

1. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Aimed squarely at adolescents who might find "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" too intellectually taxing.
  2. What holds the movie together -- albeit tenuously -- is the surprisingly sweet-natured pairing of Jesse and Chester.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    Just another lame slacker comedy.