3.2

1. Oct 14, 2011
    This movie was so bad I stopped watching after 45minutes hoping it would get better. The story sucked, there was nothing funny, and the actors couldn't keep my attention. The first attempt at watching it made me fall asleep ... waste of time!
  2. Dec 21, 2014
    What The Hell did i just watch? Is this a comedy film?
    What The Hell did i just watch? Is this a comedy film?
    Man! this movie is awful.After seeing dumb and Dumber I was skeptic on this Movie, I ask Myself will this unknown actors do a good job portray this roles? well my expectations were low but I want to see the execution of it and it was horrible,It is poorly done ,poorly written and poorly acted and the main characters are annoying unlike the original"annoying yet loveable" but here nope they're not loveable .It is one of the worst films of all time!
  3. Apr 16, 2014
    when they writers made a script they turned it into the three stooges basically . Its funny, retarted , . without Jim Carey in this comedy the movie is still an even bigger JACKASS . Grade C- maybe a D
  4. Fantasy
    Jul 4, 2003
    Dumb, Dumber, and now the Dumbest. Avoid at all costs, unless of course, you are a Dumbbell. Refund!
  5. RaymondW.
    Feb 10, 2005
    This is movie is the worst comedy I have ever seen. It makes Meatballs 4 look soo funny you would die laughing. Who ever had the idea of having this movie made is a moron.
  6. Brandon
    Mar 21, 2004
    Okay, first i'm glad i didn't waste my money on this but my dad did, if i spent money on this i would consider suicide. No humor what so ever. Not one laugh came out of me, perhaps a sniker but that was because i was laughing and how poor this movie really is....however i felt that the two guys portraying harry and loyd pulled it off...somewhat...but the jokes were just horrid. Okay, first i'm glad i didn't waste my money on this but my dad did, if i spent money on this i would consider suicide. No humor what so ever. Not one laugh came out of me, perhaps a sniker but that was because i was laughing and how poor this movie really is....however i felt that the two guys portraying harry and loyd pulled it off...somewhat...but the jokes were just horrid. Not funny or entertaining at all. And there are so many wasted actors and actresses in this movie. It's just not funny. Surprisingly, it dosent ruin Dumb and Dumber which in my opinion is an instant classic. Expand
  7. VincentR.
    Jun 13, 2003
    One hysterical scene involving chocolate in a swimming pool (I won't say anymore), but that's it. Overall, this is now on my list of one of the 20 worst films ever made. No exagerration folks, it really is that bad. Unfunny to the point of awkwardness, lame plot, tired and bland script, crummy performances. Do not see this on a double-bill with Boat Trip if you're One hysterical scene involving chocolate in a swimming pool (I won't say anymore), but that's it. Overall, this is now on my list of one of the 20 worst films ever made. No exagerration folks, it really is that bad. Unfunny to the point of awkwardness, lame plot, tired and bland script, crummy performances. Do not see this on a double-bill with Boat Trip if you're contemplating suicide. Expand
  8. GigiCritic
    Aug 21, 2003
    Come on, it was called Dumber and Dumberer, so what do you expect? It was good for some laughs, but it was pretty dumb like the title warns you. Stop making it seem like you expected it to be an award winning movie!
  9. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    You people R so mean when it comes to rating movies. I think Eric Christian Olsen & Derrick Richardson did an awesome job at playing the original Harry & Lloyd. NICE JOB!!!!!!!
  10. VikramM.
    Apr 4, 2004
    Horrible, disgusting, vulgar, vile trash that is a bad excuse for a movie!! 30 minutes is all I could stand of what seems like five year old humour in the prequel to one of the cherished comedies Dumb and Dumber! This movie was so bad! I can not even start to begin and once again I was one of the unlucky ones to say, "Oh it can't be that bad!" and I was right! Its not bad its Horrible, disgusting, vulgar, vile trash that is a bad excuse for a movie!! 30 minutes is all I could stand of what seems like five year old humour in the prequel to one of the cherished comedies Dumb and Dumber! This movie was so bad! I can not even start to begin and once again I was one of the unlucky ones to say, "Oh it can't be that bad!" and I was right! Its not bad its HORRIBLE! I could rant on for hours. I am so glad that I did not see the whole movie! 30 minutes waste of my life thank you very much! Expand
  11. SaerB.
    Apr 9, 2004
    The most stupidest movie ever! There were a few laughs but this movie is so stupid! I hate it!
  12. JoeM.
    Nov 17, 2005
    This movie was so unbelievably bad that it nearly destroyed the whole world and everything on it. After I watched it, I lay in a bombshelter for 8 days eating tin food.
  13. PatH
    Jun 29, 2005
    The only thing about this movie was the lackluster plot. Other than that, this movie was a stupid movie with many good laughs. Not like other comedies.
  14. Tyler
    Nov 23, 2003
    At a loss for words. Well, not quite. Pathetic. The only reason it mustered a '1' rating is because my roommate wasted his money renting it and I didn't.
  15. BrandonS.
    Dec 2, 2003
    You guys are a bunch of stiffs, of course this movie sucks, but that doesn't mean it's not hilarious. Sure, it's not funny in the way it was intended, but in being so poorly written and executed it's funny funny funny. The sad thing is, is that the writers were actually attempting to make a great movie, can't you just picture two guys coming up with these bad You guys are a bunch of stiffs, of course this movie sucks, but that doesn't mean it's not hilarious. Sure, it's not funny in the way it was intended, but in being so poorly written and executed it's funny funny funny. The sad thing is, is that the writers were actually attempting to make a great movie, can't you just picture two guys coming up with these bad jokes and snickering away in delight to each other? See, that's why it's so funny, here's a chance to laugh at some naive, light hearted writers. Expand
  16. AdamE.
    Dec 2, 2003
    I know it's a really crappy film but I must admit it was sooo stupid I laughed my head off!
  17. MoviesGreat
    Jun 14, 2003
    FUNNY MOVIE!...not as good as the original but worthy of its name.
  18. GiovannaC.
    Jun 17, 2003
    Eh, it was all right i suppose. yet vincent r's review was a bit harsh, and obviously if he found at least one scene hilarious, the movie warrants a higher rating than his pitiful one.
  19. Anonomousguy
    Jun 18, 2003
    This movie is a poorly made sequel that disgraces the first "Dumb and Dumber" movie which was quite funny. I am not very picky when it comes to comedies and I usually laugh at least a few times before the end. In this horrible excuse for a movie I did not even laugh once. I could go on and on listing all the bad things about this movie but I think you get the point.
  20. FreddyO.
    Jun 18, 2003
    I don't think this was a bad movie at all. The critics were just all riled up about the first and how good it was. I must admit, the first was better, but if this was an independent movie it would have recieved a higher score from everyone. Forget about the first movie for one second and actually look at this one. Its really not that bad.
  21. JosephC.
    Jun 19, 2003
    I think people are approaching this the wrong way. It had some genuinley funny moments, and I smiled at others. No, it wasnt the original, but hey, its all in good fun.
  22. DerekW.
    Jun 23, 2003
    Seen better, seen worse. If you like slapstick comedy then see it. It's got some laughs, not as great as the first, but if you like the genre, I'm sure you'll like this movie.
  23. EricY.
    Jun 23, 2003
    There were a few funny moments and very few boring moments...a worthy effort overall.
  24. Tysono'mac
    Jun 25, 2003
    The dumb and dumber prequel had its moments, unfortunately they were few and far between. the movie was bad, but it wasnt good either. if youre thinking about seeing this in the theatre or even waiting until it comes to video/dvd, my suggestion is to wait until it eventually airs on tv.
  25. Zach
    Jun 28, 2003
    No, it's not NEARLY as funny as Dumb & Dumber, yet there is a completely different writing team at work on this prequel so you can't expect it to rival the original's greatness. I think the mistakes a lot of people/critics made were comparisons. If you just watch this movie as a movie, it's nothing special but genuinely funny in parts and entertaining. The Jim No, it's not NEARLY as funny as Dumb & Dumber, yet there is a completely different writing team at work on this prequel so you can't expect it to rival the original's greatness. I think the mistakes a lot of people/critics made were comparisons. If you just watch this movie as a movie, it's nothing special but genuinely funny in parts and entertaining. The Jim Carrey/Jeff Daniels impressions alone are good enough for at least one viewing. Expand
  26. SamL.
    Jul 11, 2003
    So TERRIBLE! Waste of time, money, and energy! This movie was worse than back to back episodes of Spongebob Squarepants! Eghhh!!
  27. Matt
    Jul 15, 2003
    *Flush* whats that?! i think i heard a toilet flushing. must be this sh*tty movie.
    Jul 6, 2003
    I paid matinee price to see this movie, and I feel sorry for any poor sucker who paid over nine dollars to see this. I loathed this like a disease. Everyone in this movie act like they are in "Meatballs Five," and the jokes are all awful (one chocolate bar cannot leave a gigantic mess). This movie is so bad, even Eugene Levy, one of the great comedic actors working in movies today, I paid matinee price to see this movie, and I feel sorry for any poor sucker who paid over nine dollars to see this. I loathed this like a disease. Everyone in this movie act like they are in "Meatballs Five," and the jokes are all awful (one chocolate bar cannot leave a gigantic mess). This movie is so bad, even Eugene Levy, one of the great comedic actors working in movies today, isn't even the least bit funny. And Bob Saget's cameo is embarassing. There's a new adjective to describe this movie: it's the dumbererest move of 2003. Expand
  29. yayyyyy
    Jan 19, 2004
    All i can say is its a good thing i told the guy i was under 11 and got in for 6$ instead of 14 bcus i wudnt have wnated to waste my money on such a pathetic,worthless,stupid sh.t.
  30. MikeW.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This movie was just a sad joke, to somehow attempt a sequel (in this case a prequel) to the original Dumb & Dumber is completely idiotic. They could at least get Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels to revise their roles, without them the movie just falls apart at its seems.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

To call it sophomoric would libel even the most pathetic, pimply underclassman.
    Levy, Luis Guzman, Cheri Oteri -- utterly wasted. At 82 minutes it feels longer than “Lawrence of Arabia” -- and a lot less funny.
  3. Long, lumbering and endlessly unfunny.