New Line Cinema | Release Date: December 8, 2000
4.7
Mixed or average reviews based on 70 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MarkS.Jul 5, 2006
This was real bad. When snails died and the lead actor went to his knees screaming noo, I was embarrased to be sitting through the performance.
3 of 3 users found this helpful
JiachiDec 14, 2005
This movie was/is poorly done. I'm not making fun of if it actually did have a low budget or anything, but come on. The acting stank, the script stank, money put into CGI effects had been much too heavily invested into the wrong ones, This movie was/is poorly done. I'm not making fun of if it actually did have a low budget or anything, but come on. The acting stank, the script stank, money put into CGI effects had been much too heavily invested into the wrong ones, and to top it all off, it was FAR off from the source material. The fact I even gave it a 1/10 is due to the *cough*fumes*cough laughing gas put off by this dung heap, and even there I am feeling like it being a bit too generous (fumes must be wearing off). I would say more, and even push into strong details, but it would be easier to simply tell you to look elsewhere if I have not convinced you of the scent it excreates. Expand
GioR.Mar 5, 2006
This movie is only funny/cool if u have ur friends watching it with u making funny comments!!! If not, u can take it to the supreme court for cruel and unusual punishment.
MonicaSep 6, 2006
The only film that I ever walked out on and demanded my money back. Just awful.
JBAug 11, 2006
I consider this the second worst film I have ever seen, next to the Garbage Pail Kids thing that was direct to video (when I was a kid). This is THE worst game to film adaptation of all time, bar none, and it's a genre filled with I consider this the second worst film I have ever seen, next to the Garbage Pail Kids thing that was direct to video (when I was a kid). This is THE worst game to film adaptation of all time, bar none, and it's a genre filled with mediocre crap. There is no acting in this film. None. It's like a bunch of high school students set up a V-8 cam and did improv to a D&D campaign of their own device. The music is dull and generic. The special effects are as cheesy as anything I have ever seen in CGI. The plot just isn't there, it isn't there at all, likely hiding in shame in one of those dungeons the heroes never really visit. Expand
Rox22Apr 19, 2013
There is very little good I can say about this movie. Acting on the whole is either very bad or too over the top (I?m looking at you Irons.) I will compliment the movie for at least trying to capture the Dungeon & Dragons atmosphere and lore,There is very little good I can say about this movie. Acting on the whole is either very bad or too over the top (I?m looking at you Irons.) I will compliment the movie for at least trying to capture the Dungeon & Dragons atmosphere and lore, and to be fair some of the creature effects are pretty decent. Set design and wardrobe also pretty top notch too. But regardless, this movie is just a huge steaming pile of dog crap. A real shame as you can see that the production crew were trying.

Overall:
A real, real shame. From the set pieces to the effects team it could have been great. But such a putrid script and piss poor acting from the cast, it can not be saved. I can not even say that its so bad that its good. No, its not. Its just bad. Period!