6.4

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Very wonderful movie that is sure to get children to care about animals and the environment. We need to militantly raise a generation of eco-warriors to save our planet and put the lives and welfare of animals before ourselves.
  2. JayH
    Aug 28, 2009
    What is it with Disney and animals being killed or dying in films? It's like an obsession - from Bambi to Old Yeller to this. I love nature documentaries, but I want to feel enthralled with the beauty, not the heartache of killing and death. I realize it's part of the natural cycle, but I don't have to be hit over the head with it either. Needless to say, I was What is it with Disney and animals being killed or dying in films? It's like an obsession - from Bambi to Old Yeller to this. I love nature documentaries, but I want to feel enthralled with the beauty, not the heartache of killing and death. I realize it's part of the natural cycle, but I don't have to be hit over the head with it either. Needless to say, I was disappointed. The cinematography is magnificent though. The score is a bit overdone. Cheer up Disney. Expand
  3. JustinS
    Jul 8, 2009
    OK, but only OK. Want to see the real thing check out BBC's Planent Earth. You'll recognize a lot of the footage. In the same vein, you wait until next year for Disney's Ocean, or just watch BBC's Blue Planet now.
  4. EnzoP.
    Jun 22, 2009
    Earth has to be one of the most ok movies of the year. I really thought that this movie was going to be better then what it was.
  5. JamesV
    May 22, 2009
    Made up of over 90%+ footage that people who would have been interested in this have already seen, and then voiced by darth vader, this movie even has large snippetts of the exact same lines as in Planet Earth. It is a complete waste of money, unless you are looking for a sentimental and fatalistic movie that attempts to demonstrate how life is meaningless (its subtle, but there) and Made up of over 90%+ footage that people who would have been interested in this have already seen, and then voiced by darth vader, this movie even has large snippetts of the exact same lines as in Planet Earth. It is a complete waste of money, unless you are looking for a sentimental and fatalistic movie that attempts to demonstrate how life is meaningless (its subtle, but there) and really really love the narrator, I would skip the whole thing and just see Planet Earth. Collapse
  6. JoshP
    May 21, 2009
    Earth's narration is cleared geared towards seven-year-olds, and there are perhaps eight facts in the entire movie. Clips are often shown with no explanation as to what or where they are. The footage is still spectacular, but in Planet Earth, it was arranged and presented far better than in Earth. I suggest that you watch the original Planet Earth series if you liked Earth and Earth's narration is cleared geared towards seven-year-olds, and there are perhaps eight facts in the entire movie. Clips are often shown with no explanation as to what or where they are. The footage is still spectacular, but in Planet Earth, it was arranged and presented far better than in Earth. I suggest that you watch the original Planet Earth series if you liked Earth and haven't ever seen Planet Earth--it's far better, in my opinion, and David Attenborough is awesome, of course. On another note, people who don't believe in global warming...funny stuff. Thanks, P K, for brightening my day! Expand
  7. MaryR
    May 16, 2009
    Dreadful, dreadful. Awful script, nondescript music, poor editing of very beautiful BBC nature footage. Repeated scenes of young animals hunted and killed in slow motion -- very inappropriate for children. Haven't walked out of a movie in years before this. Watch the Attenborough BBC specials instead.
  8. RandyM
    May 13, 2009
    Earth has the power to grasp you...if you haven't seen the better photographed, narrated, and presented "Planet Earth" series from BBC.
  9. AlexR
    May 7, 2009
    This movie sucked balls. all they did was just take the footage from Planet Earth (BBC Series) and say they filmed it. Disney is such a butthole. "What's all this I hear about not wearing the Purity rings, ha ha" - Mr. Mouse.
  10. PedroA
    May 1, 2009
    This movie is OK for people that are nerds and have a high love level in animals and science. This movie makes you feel like you're in the movie. Which is great! if you like Discovery Channel. I recommend this movie to you!
  11. AlD
    Apr 30, 2009
    I saw this on the big screen and was in awe. A nature documentary that is simply the best of its genre.
  12. TDKinDallas
    Apr 24, 2009
    Already saw it on TV. I was hoping that there was going to, at least, be some new footage focusing on the "three animal families", but there was not. Rehash of Planet Earth that is still worth seeing on the big screen (XD3 baby!!) if you are a fan. What really ***** is they show you a preview for earth oceans that looks really good, but comes out "earth day" next year!!!! What's the deal????
  13. BarbaraP
    Apr 24, 2009
    10 for photography, 3 for editing--too many animals, no real focus. It was easy to space off in the middle. Winged Migration and March of the Penguins are so much better.
  14. PK
    Apr 24, 2009
    Gigantic propaganda vehicle for environmental extremist global warming movement. It's a sad state of affairs when parents are paying to have their kids indoctrinated -- by way of cute fuzzy animals -- into the religion (not science) of "Warmism" which is built on layer upon layer of fallacy, ignorance, outright deception, and a foundation rooted in socialist dogma. And it's only Gigantic propaganda vehicle for environmental extremist global warming movement. It's a sad state of affairs when parents are paying to have their kids indoctrinated -- by way of cute fuzzy animals -- into the religion (not science) of "Warmism" which is built on layer upon layer of fallacy, ignorance, outright deception, and a foundation rooted in socialist dogma. And it's only the first in a series? Expand

1. This super-duper deluxe nature documentary clearly aims to recruit young viewers as conservationists.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Although Earth falls short of its potential, it still contains enough glorious photography to please its target audience.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    A ravishing distillation of the BBC/Discovery series "Planet Earth," docu brings to the large screen memorable images that cried out on TV for the full movie-going experience.