Edge of Darkness

6.7

1. Oct 27, 2010
    Well it was an average movie. Mel Gibson shined like always, but i sort of knew the ending so i didn't expected anything great to happen. Its a war he cannot win but he only can satisfy himself by revenging his daughter. A nice movie to watch
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    I think it was great for Mel Gibson to be back in an action movie where AGAIN he is playing the role of a cop. He does a great job but i honestly have to say that the spark dies after the beginning and takes a while to come back. The first time i watched it i actually fell asleep which of course made me watch it again. Then i started to appreciate more about it and enjoy it a bit more.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    Although the plot is pretty laughable, the movie does feature a pretty mesmerizing Mel Gibson performance in the center role.
  4. JimF
    Jan 29, 2010
    A revenge drama mixed with a convoluted conspiracy plot, Martin Campbell's reworking of his 4-part British TV drama hasn't found a good way to streamline the plot for an effective action drama with political implications. More like "Mad Max" meets "State of Play", it's a movie that never seems to know where it's going. So, in spite of some good action scenes, the A revenge drama mixed with a convoluted conspiracy plot, Martin Campbell's reworking of his 4-part British TV drama hasn't found a good way to streamline the plot for an effective action drama with political implications. More like "Mad Max" meets "State of Play", it's a movie that never seems to know where it's going. So, in spite of some good action scenes, the impression is of something being thrown together at random. Collapse
  5. TonyB.
    Jun 2, 2010
    Mel comes back with a vengeance and is well supported in an actioner that is best enjoyed if you don't ask too many questions. t
  6. BrentP
    Apr 18, 2010
    The highlight of the film is the ultimate payback. However, is the payoff worth sitting through the first half of the film? It's hard to say. Perhaps you should see the film if you need a vicarious dose of revenge. Otherwise, it's not all that satisfying.
  7. SkaA
    May 29, 2010
    The thing about this movie is that its solid acting and emotional pull cover up a convoluted story with some serious plot holes. But Mel Gibson plays the vengeful vigilante role very well.
  8. RogerR
    May 31, 2010
    Worst movie I've seen in a long time. Very bad acting from Mel Gibson.
  9. Aug 31, 2010
    This film had glimpses of the Mel we know and love, but it somehow failed to take me completely there. I felt like the conspiracy story could have been better developed. Having said this, I was generally entertained by a thriller that had me routing for the good cop gone mad !
  10. Feb 10, 2011
    Edge of Darkness had a lot going for it. It was Mel Gibsonâ

1. An intense Mel Gibson performance anchors this brutally effective crime thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Campbell's topnotch production team yields predictably polished results, but the director's decision to revisit the late Troy Kennedy Martin's teleplay, finally, feels lacking.
    Onscreen much of the time, thicker and more creased than you remember, Gibson can make this rather unshapely movie seem taut.