8.4

1. Jul 24, 2014
    Groundhog Day, Source Code, Pacific Rim put together brings Edge of Tomorrow like already one of comment said, I really can't see how is possible that somebody which see it self like regular movie critics writer (i think on many news papers and magazine) can give to this movie any higher score than 3+ and 1 point more for good production, after his fourth "reset" movie becoming on first place boring, whit various ATTEMPTS in several different directions for developing story, but neither of them was developed in some kind of main note , so all is one big mix, as is said before of several movies, whit End which is so chip and stupid , that was simply surprising..for example Movie LIVING IN OBLIVION maybe is not master piece but he have one main impulse trough which viewers is guided from beginning to the end. As i said... edge of Tomorrow is maybe poorest executed movie for last , let's say 15 years in which Tom Cruise took the main rolle Expand
  2. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At the outset I must mention I am approaching 70 but do see sci-fi movies from time to time. I came out of the movie pretty confused due nature of this story line where hero and heroine are shown dying in various combinations before the enemy is destroyed. Senior citizens , please preview the story as this might enhance the pleasure of watching an otherwise high class movie. Is it only me who finds that Tom Cruise's drawl is incomprehensible from time to time ? Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2014
    There is nothing fresh about this movie. Seems like Liman tried to fuse Source Code with James Cameron's Aliens. Coming straight to the point ....If these aliens are so intelligent that even with time manipulative powers it takes Cruise an "eternity" to defeat them in the beach, he just waltz into their most secure place and blows up their core in one try?
  4. Jun 6, 2014
    This is a very tough movie to grade because of the acting of its stars Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt whom are both outstanding; perhaps Emily a tad more. Why? Because only she seems to know what is really going on? We meet Tom as Major Cage an advertising officer who is immediately reassigned to fight on the front lines the very next day although he has absolutely no training at all. Why? We have no idea. And from there the plot goes haywire. If you ever saw the great movie Ground Hog Day starring Bill Murray welcome back. For the next half hour without any suspense whatsoever Tom is killed by the funny looking aliens and immediately comes back to life. By the 3rd time you are literally bored out of your mind. About the 6th time when the coward Tom becomes the bored hero Emily enters the film for real and tells him he can't die and only he can save the world against these not so scary aliens. Why they have invaded Earth we have no idea. Well from there the movie is as predictable as you don't need me to tell you what is going to happen. Major Cage knowing he can't die goes from weakling coward to Rambo. Other than the two stars acting there is absolutely zero character development. Tom is actually falling in love with Emily but even that never bears any fruit for the viewer to see. Bottom line is the teenage boys who like continuous shoot em up action movies without any intelligence will love this. Anyone who does not check their brain in at the door will find no redeeming quality whatsoever in this very poor movie. I should have known when I went to the first screening last night at 8 PM. The theater held 300 seats and only 4 of us came to see it. You can choose to believe the bought and paid for critics or listen to real moviegoers in which most of us telling the truth will rate this about a 4. Save your money to wait for free TV. One last thing the 3D does absolutely nothing for this movie as its simply a gimmick. Avoid. Expand
  5. Jul 25, 2014
    Poor world building, non-existent character development, predictable story, sluggish pacing, recycled ideas, ridiculous attempts at making a parallel with world war 2....

I can't give this movie more than 4, and it's all because of the excellent acting from both leads, especially Emily Blunt, who is terrific as always.

This movie is only good if you've never seen a movie about a time
    loop before. Expand
  6. Jun 8, 2014
    WB, Liman, Cruise & that fugging novel guy presents Groundhog Day, Source Code, Pacific Rim put together brings Edge of Tomorrow.
    For me the movie was boring. The finale explosion should've torn Cage into pieces but he was intact and mimcs gene gone into him eventually for a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Sep 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The action was decent, Tom Cruise Emily Blunt good. The story however was such stupidity, failing its drivel. Hyperbole codswallop. Soup! Upon taking many other ingredients from those many known greats, turning this film into porridge. Moar! Again and again, what for it, and again. What happened with the ending? Detesting this entirely repetitive ride. Because it was **** The mediocre repetitive wow factor from yet another teenaged 3D CGI action film, when upon wearing those glasses, blinds all reasonable thought. Shattered, upon conclusion. What in the hell had I just watched? Effectively Nazi alien hybrids mimicking matrix decepticons or some other lost found CGI footage, arrivied via a meteorite to invade Europe. OMG'ea bending time because their hive only has a single praetorian alpha. Charging in, getting bug splattered, passing on the gift of die another day. Although tries to raise morale from D'Day. Louve once more, yet, quite unscientifically absurdly ridiculous. Avoid! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Jun 6, 2014
    A furiously time-looping joy ride and the smartest action film of the early summer season.
  2. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    Jun 6, 2014
    At its best, Edge of Tomorrow plays like a tripwire time-travel thriller. As it progresses, though, the built-in repetition can, and does, grow tedious.
    It’s probably no great loss, but here and elsewhere the seams show. And in this sort of movie it’s often more fun before we get our bearings and have time to say, “This makes no sense.”