5.2

1. Dec 10, 2013
    I think any random 12 year old kid could write a better script. It fails horribly at both the story and the character design, and the jokes are pretty much the unfunniest and most awful ones I've ever heard in any movie. I give 2 mercy points for the decent animation.
  2. peterf
    Dec 22, 2004
    I never thought I'd ever give a movie a zero, until I saw this on cable and realized how truly awful it is. What was Sandler thinking? The script sounds like a 14 year old wrote it, not a grown man.
  3. CameronP.
    Dec 2, 2002
    Eli K. must be a made up name for someone involved in this film. (Perhaps Mr. Sandler?). Basically, this movie is so stupid that there isn't an intelligent being alive who would enjoy it. Maybe Mr. Sandler should "get it". Anyone can add new verses to his Hanukkah song. The song itself isn't that funny and certainly not worth the price of admission and believe me, it's the Eli K. must be a made up name for someone involved in this film. (Perhaps Mr. Sandler?). Basically, this movie is so stupid that there isn't an intelligent being alive who would enjoy it. Maybe Mr. Sandler should "get it". Anyone can add new verses to his Hanukkah song. The song itself isn't that funny and certainly not worth the price of admission and believe me, it's the only thing remotely funny in the whole movie. Unless of course you are 13 and white trash and haven't had your fill of fart and crap jokes from all the other movies made just for you out there. Expand
  4. GaborA.
    Dec 10, 2003
    Adam Sandler does nothing here but prove how unfunny he really is by being entirely responsible for this sack of garbage. THink Jack Ass with horrible musical entries out of desperation.
  5. LauraM.
    May 17, 2003
    A modern MASTERPIECE? That's a joke, right? I mean, a real masterpiece (for an animated film) would have the following: good animation (the animation in this movie was dull and emotionless), great voiceacting (Sandler SUX!), lovable characters (I couldn't seem to like a single character) and an all-in-all great movie (I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!). This movie made fun of people A modern MASTERPIECE? That's a joke, right? I mean, a real masterpiece (for an animated film) would have the following: good animation (the animation in this movie was dull and emotionless), great voiceacting (Sandler SUX!), lovable characters (I couldn't seem to like a single character) and an all-in-all great movie (I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!). This movie made fun of people with problems (disabilities, body build....) and had the most sickening "jokes" in it. Skip it...please... Expand
  6. AlvaroC.
    Dec 20, 2004
    I'm sorry , but the movie hava lots of problems, first are the poor dialogues , the horrid musical numbers and the complete absence of charisma of the characters. is better for you forget it. Sorry, Adam.
  7. JeffK.
    Nov 24, 2003
    This movie was painful to watch. I like gross out humor (ie the south park movie etc) but there was NOTHING funny about this. Avoid at all costs.
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    This is an awful movie with little to no redeeming qualities. Whitey's voice is almost intolerable, there's too many jokes (pun intended), and I'd go as far as to say it's one of if not Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider's worst; not that they're really great actors to begin with...
  9. Dec 21, 2013
    This movie was officially written for drunken infants. Can't see any way this could be considered even a BIT entertaining or likable; a testament to the lows, as a race, that we are capable of. Seriously, AVOID.
  10. RyanM.
    Dec 7, 2002
    It's the least holiday spirited holiday spirit movie I've ever had the fortune to step into.
  11. Dec 17, 2014
    I’ve wanted a Channukah movie for years but not like this. 8 Crazy Nights isn’t just a terrible Channukah movie, or a bad film, but one of the most offensive cartoons I’ve ever seen. Not just because of its stereotyping but because of the auteurism of Adam Sandler. The same cliché story about **** finding love, the offensive humor full of the lowest form of humor poop and fart jokes, andI’ve wanted a Channukah movie for years but not like this. 8 Crazy Nights isn’t just a terrible Channukah movie, or a bad film, but one of the most offensive cartoons I’ve ever seen. Not just because of its stereotyping but because of the auteurism of Adam Sandler. The same cliché story about **** finding love, the offensive humor full of the lowest form of humor poop and fart jokes, and retarded voices all combine to create a cartoon that is both unpleasant to watch and just plain torture making 1 hour and ½ feel like an eternity. The biggest mitzvah you can do yourself is not watch this movie if you see it playing around Channukah. Listen to the Channukah Song by Adam Sandler, spend time with friends and family, or anything beside watching this turd of a movie. My Channukah present to all of you is that I sat through this movie so you don’t have to. Take my word it sucks. Leave it leave. If you thought you hated Adam Sandler’s humor before…..Nonetheless, have a happy Channuakah. Expand
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    How can such a funny man working with a beautiful animation studio make such a juvenile, unfunny mess? This movie is animated like a holiday special, but lacks any cheers.
  13. LoganH
    Sep 12, 2006
    Not a good movie, but not a bad one either.
  14. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    Typical that the majority of the critics hated this, but I love it, poop jokes and all.
  15. KevinK.
    Dec 8, 2007
    This movie was brilliant, and anyone who gives it a zero is antisemitic.
  16. F.F.
    Jun 20, 2004
    Awesome, really funny.
  17. Here'sGilbertMulroneycakesInstead
    Dec 2, 2002
    Kids? Kids? KIDS? Not on my watch. Pretty much the same as every other Sandler movie (except Punch-Drunk Love): Sandler fans'll love it to death, everyone else will hate it, curiously enough also to death. Heigh ho.
  18. KatieP.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Laura: What did you expect. If Sandler "SUX" to you, why did you see his movie? You people can be so dumb. What were you expecting. Take it for what it's worth. I really liked it. It was funny, yes, at the expense of others. But that's the best kind of funny.
  19. KevinW.
    Jan 28, 2004
    Its very funny. it is the best movie i have seen. i like the song burn biddy on the soundtrack, its hilarious!
  20. BrandonE.
    Sep 4, 2004
    This is a great movie...with a plot...and some great laughs and songs...critics just rate it bad because its adam sandler...well this is a great one.
  21. Josh
    Jan 30, 2005
    Good for kids. I wasn't that big on this one but I have to admit, if I were a Jewish parent this would great for my kids. Plus I'm still a huge Sandler fan.
  22. BrandonO.
    Jun 28, 2005
    I would give this a ten because it is a good humorouse movie and has good theme.
  23. DaedricLrd
    Apr 30, 2006
    They should make more of these. Its funny.
  24. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    It's not so bad. There are some excessive moments, but honestly, it was an interesting idea and made for a relatively funny film.
  25. sachinb
    Jun 27, 2009
    Not bad at all. In fact its quite hilarious. Good work Sandler.
  26. EliK.
    Nov 29, 2002
    This movie is awsome!!!! most parents will like it and some will not but all the kids will LOVE it and want to see it again!!!!!
  27. ChadO.
    Aug 16, 2008
    Not one of the best movies I have seen, but it certainly was not a total bomb either.
  28. Bcall
    Dec 14, 2002
    Truly a modern masterpiece of film-making. sandler captures your heart and soul with this brilliant film. its fun, smart, and just plain good. do yourself a favor and see this holiday treat.
  29. Dec 20, 2012
    An excellent movie to watch during the holidays. The humor is grosser than most other Sandler movies, and it's actually part musical. If your a Sandler fan you'll love it, haters gonna hate.

1. On the whole, this lively, bittersweet Columbia release works well and is sure to connect strongly with fans of Sandler at his most free-wheeling and uninhibited. Scrub off the latrine humor, and underneath there's a heart-tugging sentimental tale of uplift and redemption.
    What's special about the movie is how totally it believes in itself as a musical. The tunes, co-written by Sandler and a bunch of his pals, take on rock opera and traditional Jewish folk music with boyish exuberance.
    Its humor stems precisely from our enjoying its lead character's rotten behavior.